Hairesy

Why would you genetically engineer somebody to have male pattern baldness?

Likely because it's a side effect of all the other things you've done to them. One you can't be bothered fixing.

Maybe the emperor wasn't so smart after all

He was smart enough to know that hair loss isn't worth preventing on a living weapon.

I thought Horus used the Eldritch shine from his bald to blind the Emperor in the final battle, causing him to stutter and delay so he could get those mortal wounds in.

Fuck this thread. Instead let's talk about which primarch's hair we are most jealous of. First for Sangy. Lion comes second.

I imagine if there was some sort of contest or hair popularity poll Sanguinius would win, but Fulgrim would get second and get really mad about it

Did the Emperor engineer Lion to be gay?

Excess testosterone leads to hair loss in men, I imagine that's what causes it in Space Marines as well.

Yeah the geneseed organ that makes the body bulk up and adapt to the other implants floods it with testosterone.

GUESS WE KNOW WHO THE LONG HAIRED HIGH ESTRO FUCKBOYS ARE

I wish this meme would die. DHT receptor concentration has nothing to do with total testosterone levels.

If it was just test, every single bodybuilder, powerlifter, etc. would be bald, instead of just the majority.

>instead of just the majority

>outliers must not exist at all and obvious trends must be absolute throughout the entirety of the sample base to be true

maybe he went bald due to epigenetic factors. Or maybe tzeentch secretly did it when the gods spread the primarchs across the galaxy, and the heresy was subconsciously caused by the insecurities of lorgar and horus being bald

Horus isn't bald, he just shaves his head frequently. I think in Horus Rising Big H is chilling with the Mournival and it's mentioned he "runs his hands across the stubble on his head" several times.

Horus chose to shave his head out of laziness.

Shaving your head constantly takes more work than having normal hair, bruh. Just take your chin stubble for instance. I'm lazy as fuck when it comes to shaving, had it not been for how fun it is to shave with my new electric and then autistically clean it out afterwards with the little included brush, and my chin used to get scraggly as fuck from not shaving every day. Imagine that, but on your fucking head, and having to shave it cleanly.

To ground him. He's still a little bit human and has flaws.

If I spent a significant fraction of my live wearing a helmet I'd shave my hair off. Goes double for zero gravity environments.

>Horus rebelled because he was jealous of the Emperor's silky mane

Being high test is linked to baldness

Hair is probably more of a liability to a hulking power-armored killing machine.

Because there's literally nothing wrong with male pattern baldness

it's only wrong when you've got deluded middle aged men desperately trying to keep the remaining hair

I always assumed it was shaved.

Horus shaves his head because he's from a gangster planet.
Lorgar shaves his head because he's from a monk planet.
Vulkan shaves his head because he's from a gangster planet.

I used to have a theory that the Primarchs didn't have facial hair (because they were actually gender neutral) but that was thrown out by Jaghatai having a fu manchu mustache.

My reasoning was that if the super manly primarchs like Russ didn't have a beard then there must be a cause.

>because they were actually gender neutral

Alexander the Great made his soldiers shave their beards, so that the enemy could not grab them. It could be something like that.

I seem to recall Dorn canonically having a bitchin' mustache

I guess sex neutral really. Their gender is male I guess because that's what they look like and they embody masculine traits of aggression and strength.
They're beyond regular humans in a genetic and physiological way. They're similar to the Emperor- made of the re-congregated souls of hundreds of powerful male and female psykers.

If it makes you feel better this idea is about 6 years old and was before the Meme Wars of 2016

That's just a fan idea. He was never shown or described as having one, it was just imagined by some people after people decided the Fists were inspired by Prussians.
Then the only 2 depictions of him show him without.

Well, in our canon atleast.

Come on GW, this needs to happen.

Why would you genetically engineer someone to be a failure at everything they do?

Shits and giggles mostly.

>fulgrim spent 3 hours preening himself before the poll
>2nd
>sangy just turns up after dunking his head underwater
>wins