/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

This is battle magic, I ain't gotta' explain shit edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post/show/1192938/absurd_res-anthro-belt-blonde_hair-boots-cape-claw
store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=236690
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/preorders/203-koe-peasant-crusaders-x10.html
fireforge-games.com/webstore/middle-age/men-at-arms/foot-sergeants-details
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for keeping it in the family.

Your horse is not your family Morathi.

third for healthy relationships

10/10 would lick the ash off her feet.

Am I the only one both happy and disappointed with Morathi in T:WW?

On one hand, she is legitimately beautiful, and I'm glad that they didn't fuck that up like they did with Bretonnian women. On the other hand, it looks more like a human beauty than an elven beauty, and you can't really say that she's the most beautiful character - you could legitimately make an argument that Isabella is more beautiful. You could also make an argument the Fay Enchantress is too, but I wouldn't believe you.

It's like getting told that you're gonna get the best ice cream sundae ever, but it's just an acceptably good one.

Sigvald got ambushed like a bitch, but this may be a bit more tricky

Unfortunately for old Spikey, Karl, Gelt and Volkmar are all on their way

I think it's just a limitation of the engine. Also they give Isabelle massive veined tits which always helps.

But I like small breasts, and Morathi has a nice trim stomach. Then again, so did Hellebron when she was young...

It probably is a limitation of the engine, true, but I think people have complained - especially with the Wood Elves - that the elves don't really look that different from humans. Which is odd, since they can make dwarves look different from short humans.

I've seen so many incartantion of Morathi that I don't care anymore at this point.
I just hold dear the first one I saw, and just join any other as artist take on the character.

I didn't like the juxtaposition between Vlad and Isabella, daddy von Carstein looked out of place next to momma. He's meant to be suave and handsome

How much money would it take for you to crusade on Ulthuan? Do you think the game is going to make that even viable?

The models are supposed to represent their war face when they drop the glamour and look like angry corpses.

Isabella isn't as old so she should look better. That being said, she should be as corpsey as Mannfred.

A better question is how long will it take to send Eltharion to the Old World to destroy the greenskins and rekindle the old alliance with the Dwarfs.

It's pretty obvious that CA is only looking at the most recent models of characters and factions. I guess it makes sense, since you can't expect them to sort through decades of art and models just because some people might not like the latest looks, but it still feels lazy to me, especially when they're willing to look to lore that's very old in order to include dwarves in Lustria and such.

>It's not a PHASE, mom! This is who I AM now!

>mfw Grombrindal gets a new starting position, and a new Campaign victory condition
>Mission: avenge the ultimate Grudge, slay the first Oathbreaker

>mfw

But who is the first Oathbreaker? Most of the High Elves involved in the War of the Beard are now dead, so I guess it might be Malekith? But they wouldn't know that he was involved.

Grombrindal would
He's the One Malekith swore the oath to
The fact that this was ignored by GW in ET is one of the many reasons I somewhat dislike it

Finally get Krell, and he is just a shitty combat summon.

Why, CA? Why?

Everyone knows it was Malekith after he attacked Ulthuan. Snorri is damned to walk without rest specifically because of Malekith breaking the Oath.

Dwarfs just blame all Elves for their diminished power leading into the Time Of Woe. The actual Grudge for the war was settled with the killing of Caledor II, and any minor Grudges from conduct during the war are settled by individuals.

In ET Malekith apologizes to him actually.
The lore rape is him accepting it because Gav and Ward took turns sucking Mally off like Morathi used to.

>Dark Elves wank
>Vampire wank
>Chaos wank
Which is the worst?

Because even if he dies Krell can resummon him, making Krell effectively unkillable.

There's dark elves wank?

Chaos is the worst.

>Look at your dick
>Now back to your mission
>Now at your dick
>Now back to the mission
>Your dick is now DIAMONDS
>Anything is possible when you're not a filthy oathbreaker.

The ET abomination had far too much Malekith for my tastes. Actually just about everything they did with the elves was horseshit.

Chaos.

Chaos wank works by telling every player, including Chaos players, "You fucking suck, your dudes suck, I'mma flip the table, now run home and cry to mommy little kek."

Dark Elf wank only offends High and Wood Elf players, Vampire wank is just against Empire.

I haven't seen much of any Dark Elves wank, aside from the excitement over T:WW2. That's actually half the reason I like them, because even though they're kind of edgy they're not really shoved in your face unless you're a High Elf player.

Chaos wank is probably the worst, because at the end of the day no matter how good or bad a chaos fan is, they can fall back on the argument that they'll always win in the end. Even the vampire counts can't technically do that, and the Black Coaches technically make them immortal as long as they have servants to revive them.

I forgot to mention, one bad thing about vampire wank is lahmians 'we control everyone's society and have spies everywhere.' I hate that sort of stuff. But that's probably half exaggeration, and even if they do have agents everywhere, most vampires are stuck in Sylvania or in backwoods areas of the world.

Shit, most of the Vampire wank is just giving them an "infinity plus one" against Chaos.
Even Daemons aren't free from the anger of a Chaos God. All a Chaos God can do to a Vampire is kill them and leave their soul alone in the void. Not quite as bad as being consumed or tortured eternally by being cuckolded your desire.

Out of curiosity, how weird is it that Kerillian actually seems to like Sienna, Kruber and Bardin?
I was under the impression that Wood Elves were mostly assholes.

Lahmians "control" everything, but that's almost entirely just economics. Even what we see in novels is just them owning trade routes and controlling merchants. They don't actually run politics, at least any more than any other lobbyist.

Skaven wank is worse. Their assassins can apparently reach anyone, spies hear anything, and saying the wrong thing or knowing too much is instant death, no saves allowed.

They're Chaotic Neutral, in both that way that can be nice and that way that can be dickish.

But in Kerillian's case, I think that she's the type of Wood Elf that prefers to travel and be around other races, rather than most of her kin which prefer isolation.

>Their assassins can apparently reach anyone, spies hear anything, and saying the wrong thing or knowing too much is instant death, no saves allowed.
This could work if half of the spies were dedicated to killing to other half, who themselves are also going to kill the first half if they get the chance too
because Skaven

Elves in general are massive cunts who act according to societal role until they learn not to like a children's cartoon character.

Teclis is only not an asshole because he spent his life a cripple loved only by his fratboy brother. Eltharion acts like a bit of a dick to other Elves, but the same amount of dickery towards other races which is less than average because he's seen that everything is out to get you in the world, and others abandon you in your time of need. The pottery of him saving long-besieged Dwarf Holds abandoned by their own kin is intentional there.

In one of the BL books almost every Elf character thinks about how much their politics and attitudes suck, and the moment two brothers that tried to kill each other drop the facade they end up laughing and being friends again.

Even in End Times of all things, the world was almost saved because Malekith bowed to a fucking Orc of all things to accomplish a mutual goal.

Same with Kerillian. She lived like a human and fought alongside a Dwarf for several months. She learned to not be a dick.

>GW doesn't have a mini made of the Vermintide characters and sell them with Silver Tower statsheets

Why do they hate money so much?

Might want to delete that promotion, user.

And probably because GW doesn't somehow understand that videogames aren't something to be in competition with. They only started making a lot of WFB games after the setting was dead and they considered the licence 'free.'

Chaos winning was the best thing that could've happened to Warhammer. All the new fluff was stupid shit like turning elves into eldars and making Tomb Kings neutral instead of evil. All the models were ugly as hell also, ugly pieces of shit like demigryphs and phoenixes. Not to mention the rules, holy shit were the 8th edition rules terrible. Now GW can't ruin the fluff anymore by advancing it like they did with 40k. We have a clear stopping point after SoC, after which all new fluff can be considered new-canon and ignored. All the shitty new models are in the new game, instead of tainting the real Warhammer. And we are free to go back to previous editions for rules or editing the 8th edition to make it playable.

1 summon per battle
krell gets his buff tree with norsca release.

I am wanking it to morathi right now.

Where can I find recasters for Warhammer Fantasy?

Nice try GW

Shit, forgot that one was lewd.

TMS Miniatures.

It's okay man, I've got your back. Friends to the End Times, standing against the darkness rising to cover the world, all that jazz.

I'm not going to lie, but something always feels powerful about the invasion of Chaos in Total Warhammer. I really do feel like I'm part of a fragile bastion against the destruction of the world, I can see all my allies struggling and dwarves finally asking if I'm ready to fight alongside them.

>Now what have I done?!
Kruber's adorable sometimes

don't know what you are talking about Sir

You are an idiot.

>that pic

I love uniting the Orcs, crushing Chaos then wiping it out to the last up north until there's nothing left before coming home to see the Empire finally beating back the Vampires.

I wouldn't say she likes Bardin, she tolerates him. She probably only really likes the Wizard since they're both outcasts. The others are tolerated because of the common enemy.

None really, X wank is grade A LARPing and rustling jimmies just adds to the pleasure.

You don't know that.

I had the model based on that image (or vice versa), I'm pretty sure she's just meant to be a generic sorceress

Playing Vermintide inspired games is the only thing AoS skirmish is good for.

It's perfectly reasonable. The most recent models are the "current" version of the characters, no matter if they haven't been revisited in 20 years.

It may even be a directive from GW.

I sort of hate, how all of our Warhammer Fantasy "Old World" topics now just float around Warhammer Total War...it's like it's the last thing we can hang onto...

Just wait. The RPG will breathe a little more life into it, you'll see!

Umm...elaborate.. what RPG?? a 4th edition RPG?

Yep, we're getting a new edition of whfrp

Well normally it isn't but they've been showing all this new shit off so people are hyped. I don't even play them.

Oh man, that's awesome! I really hope it's not as bad as 3rd was...I hope it's actually a real RPG, like 2nd.

I've been looking for an online/skype game of 2nd edition for a while. but maybe I"ll wait until 4th comes out then..

>Gimme your wallet man-thing

How do you react?

Its looking good so far. Od design philosophy, and its not AoS.

Bygone furry Imperial.

Roll to seduce.

Meet Skial and Maximilian Kater, a young boy student of the Imperial Lands who'll have a uncommon bound with a female Skaven lady named Skial, a gutter runner of the Clan Sniek.
e621.net/post/show/1192938/absurd_res-anthro-belt-blonde_hair-boots-cape-claw

Forgot pic.

>female Skaven
>gutter runner

Damn, either she's halfway transformed into a Rat Ogre or he's a shota.

She was released as a generic sorceress for some reason, but that's definitely Morathi's artwork.

GREATGREAT HORNED RAT WORKS IN MISCHIEVOUS WAYS.

Rolling on floor laughing

excellent... any source/images/previews around?

Not that I've seen. But I don't keep up to date with GW anymore, I just wait for emails announcing MTO.

That's more of a Nezumi than a Skaven.

If you could add one thing to TWW that is NOT an entirely new army, what would it be? If a Lord, would they have their own faction or share one?

Pic related for me. New faction in Karak Norn.

You'd think they'd be a little imaginative with the designs though, trying to go for what looks best.

Face is enough rat, but body is too human. It's not like you have to go full rat - you can kind of pass them off as like dwarves but with weird legs.

Personally I prefer to just put my hatchet through their heads.

I'd add legendary heroes to go alongside legendary lords. Not faction leaders, but guys like Gotrek and Felix and Kurt Helborg/Ludwig Shwartzhelm you can use to buff out your forces.

That High Elf Prince that invaded Naggaroth (successfully), fought Grom the Paunch of Misty Mountain when the latter invaded Ulthaun, and later was blinded by poison during a dark elf invasion and so became the greatest sword master of them all.
Forget his name but he was cool.
Lets you release Grom as a double-pack too.

What was it?

Eltharion

Does anyone else think that thate full fluffy clothes aesthetic of the empire is better than the horde of armoured reskins in the workshop?

The developers confirmed they're ignoring 3rd and basing it on 2nd.

Mace to the head.

WAR opening cinematic parody.
The Warrior the female Shadow Warrior shoots was female with huge boobs instead of male.
She then immediately feels bad about her own bust size while the femWarrior sneaks up to Slaanesh her.

Everyone saw that ALL GW vidya are on sale on Steam right now, right?

Generally, yeah. They're supposed to look bright and colorful, and the fact that there's an occasional breastplate and helmet is good enough for me - and helps keep it from being overly colorful. Giving them a bunch of armor takes away from that Landsknecht aspect, and actually makes them look a lot more boring unless you're really into armor.

Part of why I dislike what they did with the Bretonnian Men-at-Arms is that they made them all really colorful, with almost absolutely no variation - no bits of armor to break up the constant red and blue, they all wore helmets of two types...it's a far cry from their models, which had most of their color in their shields and on bits of helmets, flags, and other things, with their clothing being mostly drab and showing a lot of leather and metal. Really makes me wish I had any skill as a modder so I could make them look that drab.

Female Orcs canon.

store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=236690

Yeah, that guy. He was a cool guy.

I would also accept Lil' Skittles.

This isn't technically a unit or anything, but I'd like it if players could take a unit and make them into their own RoR.

Sure, you can rename units, but they aren't treated as if they're special. Imagine if you got them to a silver or gold rank, maybe gave them a certain banner, and you could set them up as a unique unit that you could rehire if it was destroyed. Say, if I get a unit of Questing Knights and level them up enough, and give them the Ranger's Standard, I could turn them into an RoR with that banner's unique effect, with a unique name like 'Glade Riders' or something.

You had me at 'ignoring 3rd'. Release dates? Any info at all?

Alright /wfb/urgers, I come to you for advice.

I just had my first game of WFRP with our new group, and I need some ideas or inspirations on what I should do.

We're playing an all-dwarf party, on a quest to find Karak Zorn and reclaim it in the name of High King Thorgrim. The backstory was that we set off with an armoured and well funded caravan, aiming to take the Underway for as far as we can before going topside wherever the Underway proved impassable.

In the back story we went from Karaz-a-Karak to Barak-Varr, then cruised down the Blood River before diverting for Karak Eight Peaks to hook up with Belegar and deliver some supplies before taking the re-opened Underway between their and Karak Azul, dropping off a few mercenaries who were keen to try and rescue King Kazador's kidnapped family.

Shit went sideways somewhere near Karak Azgal and we got caught in an underground skirmish between the Skaven and a few tribes of Goblins. A variety of surprisingly combustible poisoned gases and a big ol' spark left most of the caravan buried under rubble and dying from a variety of wounds.

This is where the game kicked in proper. We were on the rightside of the cave-in and managed to mostly get clear. With no clear way back, we've decided to press-on. The first session was mostly character-interaction heavy, getting to know who everyone else is playing and the few NPCs we've still got, as well as a few combat encounters as we went through an organized retreat from pursuing Skaven outliers.

So this is where we left off.

Of the group we have:
>Skaldor Grondsnev, Physicians Student
>Thrund Thrundsson, Soldier
>Grimli Durazklad, Artisan's Apprentice
>And me, Alrik Valmafind, Student
>And three other NPCs that survived - a Thane, a Mercenary, and a Lodefinder

But here's the kicker - the GM had arranged with me previously to play a Chaos Dwarf spy, infiltrated in on a fact-gathering mission and to ensure our western brethren don't reclaim anything that could help them raise their culture back to it's golden heights.

I'm playing a Level 2 Sorcerer whose hooves and lower legs have been turned to stone, but he seems to be hinting that I'm in the process of becoming a Bull Centaur, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on there.

I'm expecting the GM to throw in some elements from the Doomstones campaign, based on little clues he's dropped, so if that comes into play my character will be trying to subtely ensure he's the only one who makes it out with them. But other than that, I'm not sure what sort of goals or even deeper motivations my character should have. As much as I like my DORFS, I've never really explored Chaos Dwarfs much.

Help?

>apologizes
GROOODGE

Fixed here:

tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/preorders/203-koe-peasant-crusaders-x10.html

and here:

fireforge-games.com/webstore/middle-age/men-at-arms/foot-sergeants-details