Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1624: I Am the Fucking Strong Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/tBw62rNM
youtube.com/watch?v=sq_Fm7qfRQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Closest to it I can think of would the Lego games jump...? But I haven't been keeping up with the last few threads, so I might've missed stuff.

>Could someone tell me why?
Shitposters, mostly? Just ignore them, more low-power stuff would be nice.

>Nah, man. I'm Blue. Da-ba-da-de.
Konata already took that spot. I think Green's still open though.

>implying that the truth is shitposting.

What's up with Captcha? It just keeps going and going.

Baramata I wanted to know If I imported species that was already psychic do I have to buy the psychic trait access to the psychic options?

>go to Settings
>check Legacy CAPTCHA
>Save Settings

Badaboom badabing.

Anything fun happen last thread?

Huh. That works. Thanks.

>more low-power stuff would be nice.
Agreed.

>Konata already took that spot.
Ah, but I had sooo many puns just ready for use! Oh well...

Is anyone working on a Serial Experiments Lain jump?

>/jc/
>anything fun ever happening

>Is Val gonna come after me thinking I'm Red?
Fuck, I really hope she does something to Red soon.

The main conflict is mostly people going "Jumpchain is about escalation and becoming undefeatable" vs. "Jumpchain is about adventure and having stories/representing the source fic"

Tiny bit of catering to the former recently(which is fine, there should be room for all things to be there) and the obvious ability to make it the age old powerwank v. nerfbitch fight cause that's super fresh and appealing all the time and forever

Not that I know of. I take it you are interested in making one? If so, then God speed, my user.

Can we get an option in Stellaris to be robots or Synths? Or something like being the Machine Consciousness?

There's also apparently a new option for Hiveminds coming with the 1.8 update? Which is theorized to be a machine hivemind or /something/?

Please don't assocaite lovely innocent, smiling dogs with your brand of malicious autism.
Use cockroaches or other vermin instead. They'd be much more appropriate and I'm sure you'll have an easy time getting a photo of them given your delightful personality.

How does importing races in Stellaris work, anyway? Do we only have to have been that race in one of the jumps, or is there some other requirement? Also, what about races like the Miraluka, who need the Force to see? Does the Force come with them, or what?

Yo, question for Valeria:
In the Nier Automata jump, how many companions does a scenario victory net you? I get that you get all the YoRHas who fought under you and every surviving member of the resistance, but what sort of numbers are you going with on that?

Bramastra
Reptiles need something, as it is they cost cp and get nothing for the price.

Silmarillion Jump when ?

Red will NEVER be your waifu! Live with it.

Yeah I'm interested in making one but I'm not sure I could do it justice.

When you make it.

Hey Strike-Chan. Sorry I'm late to the party.
The landscape first page messes up all the other pages being auto centered in my viewer. All the pages going the the same direction is better.

The time extension drawback's cost is fine.

Add some warehouse attachment berth for the carrier if you buy one permanently. the buried somewhere nearby in later jump can be implausible/SOD breaking in later jumps.

The vehicle section has some muddled/unclear parts.
>2 special utility slots, not including weapons and sensors (For a total of 4)
What does this mean? you have 8 weapon slots listed earlier in the text for carriers. how are 2 utility slots (not including weapons and sensors) making a total of four?

Does the Carrier not get equipment slots? None are mentioned.

What is the Special Weapon slot for? I don't see that section.

>Additional weapon and equipment slots can be purchased for 100cp each
compared to the cost of the vehicle, I'd drop this to 50 CP each.

> You pick the systems aboard the ship, though paying an additional 500cp will allow you take the carrier post jump.
If you only receive the carrier in jump unless you pay 500 CP, you need to state that plainly.

What happens if you pay 800 CP for the Supercarrier? Do you keep that as well?

When Tolkien finishes it. Oh, wait...
Joking, in all seriousness if you want to make it, go right on ahead.

The Adventures of an Aspiring Archmage Chapter 3: Merlin BBC

Origin: Druid [100]

Perks:
Mystical Sensitivity [0]
Magic [300]
Child of Magic [400]

Items:
Magical Ring [0]

Companions:
Destined Pair (Tim) [200]

pastebin.com/tBw62rNM

Is it wrong that I like both? I mean, growing in power/skill is a natural progression and some folks like being flashy. And I unironically like Pre-Super DBZ.

Thing is, I also like taking it slow and having important things happen in low-power/slice-of-life jumps, and focusing on characterization more than combat. I'd love more lower-end jumps just because we're going to exhaust the escalation eventually, and I need breathing room in mah chain, dammit.

But I'm really easy to please and am easily distracted by shiny objects, so, eh.

What would you even do with that? Have Valar and Maiar be race options? Become Ancalagon the Black?

>Stellaris

I want to be able to take the racial import option more than once to have a more cosmopolitan space Empire.

There's no harm in trying, user.
Take my advice, try to make one on your own using other jumps as guidance, then present it to the thread mostly complete. If you show it to the thread bit by bit it'll be easy to get demoralised and overthink things.
Worst comes to worst and you think it's too bad to present, then just don't. But making jumps can and should be fun user, and if it isn't fun for you, then..

Who needs that? First Age elves were actually cool.

>Become Ancalagon the Black?
Yes

I'm working on a jump for the Boundary trilogy by Eric Flint and Ryk E. Spoor. It's a series about space archeology and paleontology, set an indeterminate but not too far distance into the future. There's a bit of dialogue when the first exploratory ship is being built and an engineer is giving exposition on how dangerous space is where he says to a man in his late forties/early fifties that "you might have been old enough to remember the Columbia disaster". Point is, it's not crazy hypertech land on the human side, and the alien bases they discover are of a species with advanced but not godlike technology. Very little violent conflict, too, most of the danger comes from the aforementioned risks of space exploration. For any jumper with a decent early suvivability package it should be just a comfy little vacation digging up alien fossils and trying to figure out what the original species was like.

>Elves
>Cool

Not CP-worthy.

Good, why would I want to be associated with a disgusting drama queen?

Sounds nice. Look forward to it user, thanks.

It's idiotic to think we need to 'balance things out'.

This isn't a fucking scale. It's a CYOA genre. People should be making what they want, no matter what it is, not trying to create some kind of 'power level balance'.

Just induct the species you meet in-jump into your civilization. You can do that. Your species starts out as it does in the game: just about to make its first journey into the wider universe. It wouldn't make sense for your civilization to start with multiple species in it yet.

>Become Ancalagon the Black
youtube.com/watch?v=sq_Fm7qfRQk

Silmarillion is crazy, yeah.

>"Jumpchain is about escalation and becoming undefeatable" vs. "Jumpchain is about adventure and having stories/representing the source fic"
They're not necessarily mutually exclusive. And the latter often lends itself to the former.

It also doesn't help how many drawbacks, scenarios, and end-jumps focus on war and combat (and pretty much every 600+ CP drawback is "hyper-death space nigga wants to destroy the world and only you can stop it!"). So naturally you'll see people gravitate towards becoming more powerful, if only because few people like to fail. And then death is the only sure thing to end a chain... and power makes dying less likely. I'm not saying it's the best or even correct approach, but it's certainly understandable.

I may as well give it a try. I wouldn't actually count this as a claim though probably won't get to far.

Shitposter protests too much. You Tsundere, you.
She will never be your Waifu, shit-kun. Never ever.

Technically, there is an option in the game that allows you to start with a second species on your home planet.

I haven't seen anyone seriously make that kind of dichotomy and argument in years. Note, seriously. Shitposting doesn't count.

the thing is, I already have Three races in my existing space Empire and it seems weird and unfair to just have one of them as my race.

But can you import A race for that? from what I remember you couldn't.

Maybe 'balance things out' was poorly worded. But the idea that it's good to have a roughly even selection between high and low-powered jumps is fine. Not to suggest anything beyond that, like implying control we don't have.
Do you disagree?

>People should be making what they want

So long as what they want is high power.

Anything else isn't acceptable.

I think it's perfect that you do? I certainly enjoy the fact that both exist.I just think things should be represented well for what they are. Talking up a setting just for appeal is dishonest, as well as trying to talk down things just to make them justifiable

I tend to like looking at things in the microscope but I get around that by having my jumper's criminal empire be wide-ranged enough and have enough distribution of his fun toys that you could easily have a POV character among them with the jumper himself as a sort of force of nature in terms of intelligence and (non-physical or supernatural, purely social pull/political) power

Pickle-Pee
Pump-a-rum

I think we should have whatever people want to make. That is the end of it. Not to try to encourage or force people to create some 'balance', but to make what they want.

Have you actually read the Silmarillion? Even the elves are fuckawesome. One of them gets mad an starts punching Satan. He dies, but he actually managed to hurt Morgoth with an eternal wound.

I'm sure you'll do fine. don't worry about it and just enjoy yourself, okay.

I don't think free will works that way, user.

And no, trying to 'suggest' people make what you want and to fuck themselves otherwise is not acceptable.

There was that world. You know the one. The one where you really, really wouldn't have minded staying. The one where if you'd stayed, you wouldn't have regretted it.

So why did you leave? What was it that made you keep going, marching on through the gates of Hell itself?

Remember that time when the Elves had to be killed by Balrogs riding dragons?

Glad to hear there's interest. It's going to take me a while, though, I'm still reading my way through the trilogy to remind me of details. It's convenient in a way, though, the main characters make great fodder for the origins. Items might be a bit sparse, aside from a few thing like the "fairy dust" distributed sensor motes all the really notable things are big space installations. I think I might just offer those, though if I do I'm going to have to curb my enthusiasm so I don't make them the obvious choice. I really like big space infrastructure, and the series has some great ones. They've got beam riders! I fucking love beam riders.

>Whiny prissy arrogant piece of shit fights someone
>That makes it okay that they're a whiny prissy arrogant piece of shit

That no pickle-pee.

Both of you, please stop putting words in my mouth when I explcitly disclaimed against the very thing you on about. Read my post properly, then react, okay.

>prissy
>implying

They weren't back then, though. The reason they're like that in modern Middle-Earth is because all of the cool ones were killed doing badass stunts.

I read your post. 'Encouraging' people to not make what they want but to create some false 'balance' based on your views.

>They weren't back then, though
They essentially made humans their slaves and serfs from the start, elf fucker. So yes they were always pieces of shit.

If you want more low-power jumps, then make them. It's that simple. Hell, if you want more "low-power" jumps, then just jump "high-power" jumps and focus on the other aspects of the setting. You know, because there's usually a world beyond the audience's viewpoint.

There's no point in making anything else once Demonbane finishes up.

After that, game's over. Everybody go home.

Can we all agree that the race of men is pretty fuck awesome? They killed the elves so hard that god himself had to remake the world into a globe to keep them from murderfucking the elves any harder.

I have to admit, I'm not familiar with the setting, but it sounds nice and sci-fi. Definitely one ot keep an eye out for. Thanks user for all your hard work.

Again, read it properly. Did I say 'encourage' at all. I said it would be nice if we had a roughly equivalent range of low to high powered jumps.
That's it.
So, kindly react to what I actually said rather than your own imagination. I can't talk to you about your assumptions and extrapolations, user.

Oh, sorry, I was focusing on the "prissy" part of "prissy piece of shit". Yeah, they were always assholes. I won't deny that. But they at least used to be cool assholes.

>You know, because there's usually a world beyond the audience's viewpoint.

If it's not shown to the viewer or reader, then clearly it's not interesting enough to be worth visiting just for that.

>the thing is, I already have Three races in my existing space Empire and it seems weird and unfair to just have one of them as my race.

Bancho if you go to the drawback section there is an option to import a previous Empire you had

>The one where if you'd stayed, you wouldn't have regretted it.
If I wouldn't have regretted staying, I would've stayed? Like, not staying at that point would make no sense. This question makes no sense.

Unless you're implying I regret not staying somewhere? In which case, no, I don't know that world.

Hold the person who made the Umineko gauntlets at gun point and make them remove the restriction on voyagers and creators. Then we may have a real match.

I am. And fair point, unless you use certain interpretations of how the Benefactor works, I guess.

They didn't kill any elves. All the elves went to the main continent from tol eressa then eru threw a mountain on top of them.

Humans are explicitly completely pathetic and inferior to elves in every way in tolkien.

Not really. Most people won't be able to acquire the full power of Demonbane because they're not pedophiles. At least, I hope they aren't. Oh, who am I kidding, a lot of jumpers would commit any taboo to get ultimate power.

>Assholes
>Cool
t. proctologist

here's the thing that's a bit of a stretch since one of the races is my old civilization race I'm hoping to integrate and the other two are my current space Empire,so that might not work out so great like that

That's exactly what I was implying and it occurs to me there are probably perks that make that never happen.

I feel old now.

That's certainly true, and I don't disagree. I think people who unironically think (which to be fair could be 0 people) that the only jumps 'allowed' (which is a laughable concept sometimes) should be ones that focus on giant star exploding hits or similar are fools

But yeah, I don't think high power itself is bad. I think the obsession over bigger gigatons to the exclusion of things that are low key but allow for interesting narratives (Like Otoyomonogatari/ Bride's Story) is a negative. Of course this is just bullshit, since most of those posters were mostly just people saying whatever they want anyways to get a laugh or too

People will make what they want to make, obscure or popular, giant death dick or a calmer more peaceful place

If you want something to exist, the onus is on you to make it mostly.

600 CP - 800 CP for the Silmarils

>Humans are explicitly completely pathetic and inferior to elves in every way in tolkien.
Never did like that about the books. Does make being a jumper easier though, since it makes it pretty easy to just choose Elf in the Lotr jump.

A simple +0 drawback to remove all that nastiness and everything will be fine. I mean, unless you want people to be forced to deal with stuff like that. You don't want that, do you user?

If anything that proves humans were prissy, though.

I see. Here's the thing though, I have 10 years (or much more) to make that choice.

Sure, there's a chance that I make a mistake and leave a world I'd rather stay in... But it seems a rather slim possibility.

>inb4 "you're millions of years old, anything is pedophilia"

Waifu Ungoliant Companion

If I make it It will be done.

The thing about low-power jumps is that you can only have so many mundane romance/slice-of-life/detective stories before everything starts to blends together. Once you include high-tech and the supernatural, it starts getting into "mid-power".

IT IS A GIANT ELDRITCH SPIDER WHICH PREDATES MELKOR, NOT YOUR WAIFU

So you'll finally fuck off and leave, then? Good.

...Meh.

>Humans are explicitly completely pathetic and inferior to elves in every way in tolkien.
Because life in Arda is just the incubatory period for humanity. It's like saying that "babies are explicitly completely pathetic and inferior to adult chimpanzees in every way". Yeah, that's true, but it kind of misses the point. When a human dies it gets to become a multiverse-traveling spirit able to decide its own fate and placement in the universe, journeying beyond Arda to make whatever it wants of itself. Yeah, they suck compared to elves for a bit, but afterwards it's awesome for them.

Aku approves of this.

You must be an inferior copy of I Aku.

>here's the thing that's a bit of a stretch since one of the races is my old civilization race I'm hoping to integrate and the other two are my current space Empire,so that might not work out so great like that

Then it's a good thing that there is another drawback that allows you to import another empire that will be hostile to you and have a reunification war. A war for such a noble cause will well be worth it, don't you agree?

Husbando then?

>First Age Humans
>Prissy
They straight-up almost conquered Heaven until god stepped in and rewrote the rules to make it impossible.

Elf:Humans suck!

Human:Say that when I ascend to my final form.