Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Gold Experience Edition

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13483986
bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ETC-2017-Complete-Team-Lists.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW ENSLAVER OVERLORDS!

First for Jackhammer dick soldiers.

Custodes general best general. Who else is impatiently awaiting the rules for HH units?

Attention: the first Konor scenario is OPEN PLAY
Kek

Poll update, disregarding memeing
CSM hold the lead
strawpoll.me/13483986

I guess all the Slan, Night Lords and Carnac posting ball of shit wins

Guardfags redeemed!

SM: July 29th
CSM+GK: August 19th
DG: September 23rd
T'AU+AM: October 7th
TYRANID+BA: November 11th
NECRONS+TS: December 9th

but chapterhouse were the goodguys.

>strawpoll.me/13483986

I find it telling that you failed to include a slot for Tau.

FW confirmed 30k custodes models are not getting rules for 40k.

Haven't been here since 8th edition was first announced, what are we thinking about it so far boys?

Source?

Dude, you can't just post that pasta without any sauce.

Because to repeat, this is the fan base you hate that actually posts here. Not who you hate elsewhere, including them would ruin the poll.

Why is there no option for "People who try to start pointless arguments between players of different factions"?

A little wonky in some places, but pretty good overall.

I posted in the last thread about Necrons

Can I take a box of immortals and combine it with some warrior parts to make deathmarks with the extra bits?

Will It look shitty?

>Codex: marine flavor xth
>Codex: marine spiky flavor xth

GW didn't learn anything

reposting because.

Mainly CW ynnari vs Dark Angles.

His army is Azzi supporting a firebase of dreads and razorbacks, with ravenwing wing bikes flier, a damn darkshroud, and some scouts.
Mine is pretty I'll post the whole thing if interesting.

Mission: the Relic. neither of use have tons of infantry. Table is desert themed with rock pillers, fallen pillars and outcroppings. The 4 outcroppings are normal cover, we rule the Pillars act like barricades, but without the charge effect and count for all units if obstructing 50%.

Deployment, regular long side. He deploys his main bubble towards the center, with scouts stake out cover along one side.
Put one dark reapers in my only good cover to side opposite the scouts, WS with banshees counters the scouts, the rest spread along the middle.

Turn one, I can't fucking psykic, no conceal on the Wraithfighter, no fortune from the farseer. Do reveal on scouts. between that and banshees clear most out. Fail to kill the damn dark shroud. Claim the center pretty hard, things near each other for support and soulburst.

He responds by sending the raven wing up to do some serious damage to my main troops. clears the guardians off the relic, scourges down to one blaster, lose some bikes and a unit of dark reapers.
WS and Helmlock manage to survive, but injured by the firebase around azzi.

My friend tried something like this. IIRC, part of the back spine was missing so he had to make a mold for it. But don't take my word for it, check the sprues to be sure. Look for the upper back/neck spine parts

From this point on it's a heavy piece trading, me taking down the raven wing, him continuing to take down my units after wittling them down. I'm getting much better at figuring out soulburts chains, but tense moments trying to pull those off. Lots of things left at 1-2 wounds for too long.

Game ends with 2 dreads on and a scout to my 1 wound Autarch and 2 warlocks. But I've pulled the relic out of LoS to the dreads.

Highlights:
Autarch wrecks some face. Turn 1 he's a buff bubble, but when the lines hit: Laserlance, twin catapult, fusion gun does nasty things, and then gets a soulburst to do it again. Then charges to use the lance.
Also I got to joust down a plane.

Azzi dies to his own overcharged plasma (won me the damn game). 1/36 chance, but slain is slain.

Last scout just snips out my farseer.

Aren't Immortals and Deathmarks a dualkit anyway, as in you can build both out of it, with the remaining bits for the other unit?

New lore accurate Rhino transport

>no daemons
For fuck sake.

>Evil Tau
>Anh'Ye
kek

I really like how this sword looks, but because of that hooded guy and my chapter not being the DA I was going to say that it's a gift from the DA. How many problems would arise?

Just came over from playing AoS/Fantasy
Starting to build my Deathwatch army cause they seem dope with their weapon choices.
BUT
Does this mean I can have 3 choices from the list 2 from the first and 1 from the other OR does it mean 2 from he first and one can be replaced by the second list.

theres only enough for one group and a bunch of spare bits leftover

I want to believe, but I can't without a source. What's the basis for this?

Are you implying no Tau players post here? They have an entire thread going

Are you Blood Ravens : ^ )

You can, but they don't look very good in my opinion. Warriors just aren't beefy enough for the size of the guns.

Not many. And if it did, you could always say it was a gift from a dark angel successor chapter.

Do Elysian and Death Korp Command Squads have the same rule as other regiments for matched play?

DA "salvaged" an Ultramarine suit of Terminator armor once. Painted it in DW colors and every poor bastard to put it on kept dying during his first mission.
So now there's one DW terminator with a UM shoulder pad.
You'll be fine.

Here's an example pic regardless.

Chapters do give other chapters gifts to show friendship, awards for heroism, etc. Calgar of the Ultramarines tried to give the Lamenters an iron halo for helping out and losing so many men, but they turned it down because they felt like they had failed.

Based machine spirit

How are they being annoying? They stick to their own thread. IMO marinefags and guardfags are cancer. I'm saying this as an orkbro.

OL STUMPY

They learned that marines sell. Look at their stock skyrocketing. I doubt we'll see anything but marines if this trend continues.

>marinefags are cancer
>when 99.9% of the time it's just faggots whining about marines and shitposting about marines until some marinefag starts shitposting back

Sure it is "orkbro". Orkfags are just as bad as CSMfags, IGfags, and SoBfags. At least those faggots don't pretend to play innocent.

Go think of one recent general derail that BEGAN with marinefag posting that wasn't Primarisfags trolling marineletfags.

I had took to be implying that there were no tau players here, and thus they weren't a valid selection for that poll. I don't think they're a problem either.

What rule do you mean? Their special abilities (Like Aerial Drop) are in their datasheet, so they will be always able to use them

Oh well. Homebrew time.

Plenty of threads get derailed by "Hurr hurr npcfags btfo" garbage.

Looks to me like all your dudes can basically take anything you want. Personally I'd like to see all your basic dudelings be equipped with two chainswords and a bolter, JUST to be fuckery.
> Dat feel when all your dudes have 4 attacks on the charge.

More specifically: Do you need to take a commander with every command squad like MT and normal Guard? It's not in their FAQ and they are a separate army list, but I am uncertain.

>orkbro
Holy fuck you sound like a massive faggot

You seem to be under the incorrect impression they won't just be rolled into the chaos book.

For a non melee faction, tau leaders sure are ripped.

Ah yes, that classic Ork feel.

That's just Aun Shi.

>"npcfags" search in archive: 12 results
>"npc fags" search in archive: 2 results
>"marinefags" search in archive: 242 results

They're STR 3, that's peak physical condition.

All orkfags are like that. They forgot about all the caterwauling they were doing for the 6 years leading up to last month and 8E too. He probably makes shitty custom vehicles and screams waaagh in real life.

No, but you should

I don't know senpai, those biceps don't lie.

Just to prevent RAW arguments, or for gameplay reasons?

Know your enemy, know the thread cancer, then purge it

>4 scoops of GREATER MUTANT
Literally leave humanity behind

Not that user, and I don't much care either way, but your search is flawed in that they normally just use npc as a pejorative without the fag part.

W-what is this?

squiggoth

Orks are cool till they get overly emotional and meme too hard, aka talk orkish for more than a sentence

>SoBfags

Some of the worst, so spammy, lame, and demanding

Oh boy, he doesn't even realize all the intense fucking whining them and the nidfags had throughout 7e. How embarrassing.

That's sad.

To prevent RAW arguments
also RAW actually allows Elysians to trow 20 Krak/Frag grenades and still shoot their normal weapons

I mean, I've been using them in one army since Index came out so if they do that I'll accept it.
I'd have bought both too though.

Says a lot about guardsmen.

Oh yeah, that assault order looks pretty fun.

I'm a bit out of the loop, so sorry if this is covered somewhere; are there going to be generic primaris character models like techmarines, chaplains and apothecaries?

Anyone use neutral monsters in their games?

I'm considering adding in something like a knight/titan level strong monster that just walks around and tries to attack the closest player-controlled unit near it.

pic somewhat related. Cool model

Sounds like a fun scenario, could even have a mechanic for trying to bait it towards the enemy.

>implying SoBfags are the ones shitposting
If the so called SoBfag ask for anything else beside a basic plastic kit for at least their only troop choice. That person is just shitposting.

In other words trying to start shit are the worst

>Bait it towards the enemy
That's what conscripts are for.

Hey I'm a new player, I've been told to just read the book and bring along a list of 500 and 700. But I'm playing against seasoned people.

Are there lists of prebuilt SM armies for 8th?

A lot of passive aggressive faggots talking mad shit while ork players are mostly in another thread.

Post some minis instead of trying to act tough. What you working on lately?

>I do not know context
Back to your tool box!

Apothecary and Chaplain were shown. No image/words on techmarine

Nah, best to just build your own and post it here. You'll figure it out pretty quick.

That sounds fun as fuck.
I'm trying that some time.
It'd have to be a melee monster though.

My single favorite 40k build ever. Maybe it was the sneaky sneaky process but I am so stoked to use this in our 1k+ games.

You hear that FREEDOM dropping, Johnny?

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ETC-2017-Complete-Team-Lists.pdf

here you go. Thsoe are all basically 2k points though.

You're an idiot.

Do "Guardfags", "GGA" and "RGG" next

>also RAW actually allows Elysians to trow 20 Krak/Frag grenades and still shoot their normal weapons

>Other (Tau)

Well played, user.

>A lot of passive aggressive faggots talking mad shit
No, just pointing out that orkfags trying to play innocent doesn't work.

>700
== Vanguard Detachment == Space Marines - Chapter - Ultramarines [662 Points] +1 CP
HQ1: 1 Librarian with Jump Pack (116), 1x Bolt pistol (0), 1x Frag grenades (0), 1x Krak grenades (0),
1x Force sword (12) - [128pts] - Psychic Power (Smite, Veil of Time, Null Zone)
Elite1: 1 Venerable Dreadnought (90), 1x Twin lascannon (50), 1x Twin autocannon (33) - [173pts]
Elite2: 1 Venerable Dreadnought (90), 1x Twin lascannon (50), 1x Twin autocannon (33) - [173pts]
Elite3: 5 Vanguard Veteran Squad with Jump Packs (90), 5x Bolt pistol (0), 5x chainsword (0), 5x Frag
grenades (0), 5x Krak grenades (0) - [90pts]
FA1: 5 Assault Squad with Jump Packs (80), 3x Bolt pistol (0), 3x Chainsword (0), 5x Frag grenades
(0), 5x Krak grenades (0), 2x Flamer (18) - [98pts]
>500 take off one dread

This seems fun to me?

Are you bitching about the guys with a bad army for years?

Sounds more and more like you don't even play 40K and you're just shitposting. Come on, where dem minis at?

Looking at Haemonculus options; they by default have a Splinter Pistol (Pistol 1, wounds non-vehicles on 4+, AP0, D1, costs 0pts), but can replace it with one of the "Tools of Torment". One of these is the Stinger Pistol, which has an identical profile as far as I can tell, but cost 7pts. Why, though? Why have an identical option that just costs extra points? What am I missing?

Go forth and do the Emperor's work user.

The Imperium should have a national anthem, and it should play every time the freedom cannon fires.

t. shitsters of basshole poster

It got FAQd. It wounds on a 2+. Still not worth it.

Searching for posts that contain ‘guardfags’. 130 results found.

Searching for posts that contain ‘GGA’. 226 results found.

Searching for posts that contain ‘RGG’. 83 results found.

AAAAAAH MY EYES

like this:

Librarian - 116
Jump Pack
Sword

2x Ven Dread - 246
1 las 1 auto (bad loadout btw, give one 2x auto one 2x las)

Vanguard Vets - 90

Assault Squad - 80
2x Flamer

Thank you! At least it does SOMETHING. I was very confused; I need to remember to check the FAQ for this stuff.