/swg/ Star Wars General

Rattle me bones! Edition

Previous thread: →

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Have skeletons or the undead ever played a part in any of your RPG campaigns?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/21/man-your-battlestations/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/21/sw-a-galaxy-at-war/
plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the undead
Do Force ghosts count?

what would be some good hijinks/NPC/Cargo my smuggler PCs could encounter?

Wookiee opera singer.

A small, fat man who insists he's a droid even though you can clearly see his skin between the metal plates he wears as a costume.

Alternate universe versions of the party.

Grand Moff Tarkin's tea cozy. Utterly unremarkable aside from its famous previous owner. Smells faintly of lavender.

A large, unmarked crate of spice, freshly mined from Kessel.

A droid from the Clone Wars that has been trapped on a feral world ever since and only recently learned the war was over.

A personalized holo recording of young Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi to an adoring fan they rescued.

And Imperial-class Star Destroyer adrift in space. No power of any sort. No life nor droid signs detected yet they can year something is moving around inside(once they board to investigate of course).

A Duchess offering a 50,000,000 credit reward to whomever can retrieve her family's ring. It got lost on a trash barge and dumped on Ord Mantell. She will absolutely know if the ring she's presented is the real thing.

A creepy seller offering them Mara Jade's used underwear.

Force bump

I'm basing my Imperial Assault figs and seek guidance.
Firstly, I'm drawing a blank on how to do the interior purple tiles you see on the grid maps.
Secondly, some of the dudes are pretty obvious as to what their base should be, but others, not so much. Figures in the same group will have the same base theme. Here's what I have, see if you can help fill the blanks. I have every expansion, so feel free to give suggestions for anything in the game.
Stormtrooper Group A: Grass
SGB: Mud/sand
SGC: Interior
SG 501st: Rocky wasteland
Royal Guard Group A: Glossy Black
RGGB: ?
AT-ST: Mud
Weiss: Snow, swap feet with AT-ST as needed
NexuA: Grass
NexuB: Mud
Trandos: Same deal with Nexu
IG-88: Junkyard
Darth Vader: Interior with saber scorch marks
Jyn: Blacktop, blue wash
Mak: Grass, blue wash
Other Heroes: ?
Rebel Trooper: Very light grey solid
R2 & C3PO: ?
Biv: Cracked earth sand
Saska: Sandstone
Heavy Storm A: Sand
Heavy Storm B: Grass?
Return to Hoth has a lot of "Snow" and "Cracked Ice"
Loku: Grass, wash?
Lando and Wing Guards: Glossy Cream Solid
ISB: Interior with shattered glass
Jabba: Cracked stone, like the slab he rolls around on
Jabba Goons: Sandstone
Rancor: Mud with bones & bits
Alliance Ranger: Grass, brown wash

Review?

Assault Objective: Station Assault
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[flagship] MC80 Battle Cruiser (103 points)
- Commander: General Dodonna (20 points)
- Mon Karren (8 points)
- Gunnery Team (7 points)
- Nav Team (4 points)
- Spinal Armament (9 points)
- XX-9 Turbolasers (5 points)
- Leading Shots (4 points)

Modified Pelta-class Assault Ship (56 points)
- Raymus Antilles (7 points)
- External Racks (3 points)
- Shields to Maximum! (6 points)

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36 points)
- Garel's Honor (4 points)
- External Racks (3 points)

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
- Comms Net (2 points)

1x Rogue Squadron (14 points)
2x YT-2400s (32 points)
1x Shara Bey (17 points)

A pod of purgills adopt the ship as one of their own. They're _very_ friendly.

>a purgill will never attempt to mate with your ship while you watch in fascinated horror

A doctor is looking for volunteers wanted for experimental medical cybernetics, paying 5000 Credits no questions asked, just sign the disclaimer
>You might get something cool!
>...and a 50% chance its something truly horrible...

There's a heavyset woman with a baby waiting by the ship, "this is yours" pointing to a random PC
>Maybe it is!
Depending on the PC and any stupid dud who took a shitty obligation- oh yeah its definitely theirs

Hoojibs are in the ventilation ducts, most of the time the ship is at about 25% of its system strain
>They're cuddly
they're also probably smarter than most PC's so diplomacy might be a better option than extermination

>It will never insert its member into your cockpit

>Hoojibs
Not him, but if I pulled that and my players didn't immediately purge the lot of them I'm finding new players

No because the undead are a shit concept/plot hook and have zero place in Star Wars

>zero place in Star Wars

I feel like "Horton hears a hoojib" should be a canon story somehow

>Horton hears a hoojib
>And responds to said hoojib with proton bombs

Force ghosts aren't undead memelord

Since when are ghosts not categorized as undead?

Those look sweet. Wish I had the talent to do that

A Rakata mind prison, though don't tell them that it's that; let them decide if they want to open it or not.
It'll be a fun little side venture where you can tell some corny riddles

From the old thread-

Here are my suggestions-

For the First list, you want to swap Hux for Intel Agent, Pattern Analyzer, and the Title- Hux eats action efficiency that you do not have on your already action-starved shuttle, and his condition is best on TIEs that have shit attack- Deltas and Swarm Leader Kylo are not those things.

For the Swarm Leader Whisper, that's a death sentence- PS 7, 8, and 9 is everywhere. Miranda can kill you in 2 rounds with her TLT.
Something like 2 Deltas and a VI+Rebel Captive whisper would work though

I don't understand the Kallus and the Tactician on Tomax- either keep him cheap, or go full missile. Also, Alphas are bad- Try a Striker if you want the aggressive blocker.

Is the Houndstooth ship any good for x-wing? Miniature Market has it on clearance for $22 right now and I'm debating getting it

Oh shit man, what are you doing? Don't you know they go for the face when people wear silly hats!

How do I into Mandalorian?

Oh joy spreadsheet autist are back again

It's not bad- if you want it, go for it.

Think human Klingon

It's a solid addition. The generic slaver can be built into a pretty efficient beefy brawler, Bossk is a monster with alpha strikes, Moralo is fun with IG-88, and Latts can be a fun surprise.

Lurk /k/, then translate that to Star Wars.

There's a reason you can't spell /k/ommando without Mando

What?

This user has the right idea.

>Still canon

Jack off to Big Boss, get drunk enough or smoke enough opium and hashish that murdering your neighbor for sheep starts to sound like an excellent plan, mumble about muh armor muh honour and you're already there

What're the odds all the FFG games breach sequel era in one giant release around December/January

High, unfortunately.

>tfw never going to get clones or battle droids in Destiny

>card game

Nothing of value was lost

Not getting the miniatures via IA/X-Wing/Armada is the actual tragedy

I normally don't give a shit about card games either, but it's actually really fun. The only reason you'll never get mini's is because no one would buy them. It's already a dying industry because of how expensive it all is.

Bossk: Cracked earth with pools of blood.

I just did 7 damage in one round with Rexlar Brath in a game last night. Was running /D with fleet officer support shooting a wookie ship. It had one damage from before, I stripped another with my ion cannon, then put four hits on it, and he decided to not spend his focus on defense. I then flipped three cards faceup, including a DH and major explosion which went off.

I have been having great success with /D defenders in the current meta. Rexlar and Maarek's abilities are actually useful against the current crop of ships, and having double control cannons is fearsome against low agility.

I like the Rexpert- Expertise, /x7, Mk2 engines. 40 points, and it bullies small ships.

I really wish that ion defenders were slightly cheaper so that they could fit into a list- a Predator Ion Glaive is as cheap as i'm willing to go, and they cost 40.

2 of those and a support shuttle (fleet+systems officer) maybe?

Don't need a systems officer if you have predator.

Maybe Epsilon Leader? Intel agent source?

I tend to have a blast with IonRexpert. Sure he's expensive as fuck but the double-tap with expertise and his focus flip has turned the game in my favor several times.

IonRexpert - Expertise, /D, Ion Cannon, Mk2 engines. 45points of pure FUUUUUCK YOOOOOU

Support with RAC or 2x Target-Crack Blacks + Howl for Happy Happy Imperial Fun Time

I am really liking Leia's Space-wheraboo senate buddy in Bloodlines.

>bloodlines
You know, we really need a Leia version of pic related to go with it

I would guess you have the extra flotillas to help protect the flanks of your Mon Karen? You may get more mileage bringing a scout hammerhead or CR90 A to play ablative shielding for you.

I've been wanting to get a Decimator for some time now, can you give me any advice on how to fly one and what some good upgrades are?

There are 4 ways to run a Decimator, and they are heavily bound to the pilots

1- Patrol Leaders- turret health sponges, usually coming with Vader crew, maybe Gunner.

2 Oicunn- Built to Ram. Ion Projectors/APL go great here, boshek for shenanigans, etc.

3 Kenkirk- usually with Ysanne to try to sponge as much damage as possible.

4- Rear Admiral Chirpy is the most common one- Take 2 crew to do damage, and 1 crew to discourage getting shot. Then Engine Upgrade and either VI/Adapt/Pred for EPT.

Offensive crew are Palp (counts as 2) and Gunner+(HSCP/Vader)

Crew that discourages getting shot are Rebel Captive (when your opponent decides to shoot your focus+evade ace instead of the deci because they can't take the stress) and Kylo Ren (blind them)

It's a pretty good ship. Just watch out, I have never seen one that costs less than 48 in practice.

Awesome, thanks pal. I've been holding off on buying one because of how much money it costs to buy all of the upgrades to use with it.

Along the same lines, what are some good ships to fly alongside the Decimator?

Sup /swg/, With Bomblet Generator out, I'd like to make use of it with Empire. While the Punisher seems like an obvious place to put it, the punisher sucks dick- As a result, I'm going to put it on a Firespray witn the Andrasta title, and they are all pretty bad.

So I'm going to have fun with Boba Fett+Navigator. As of now, this is what I have

(Boba Fett, VI, Bomblet Generator, Navigator, Engine Upgrade, Andrasta)-50

That leaves me 50 points of shit to put with that.

What can I put in there? Besides 2x TLT Aggressors of course.

2 Barons of the Empire with Juke?

2 Predator Strikers?

2 Black Cracks and Howl?

2 Accuracy Corrector Chips TIE Advanceds with Clusters, and swap VI to Adapt+Tractor?

Gamma Vets/TIE Advanced with Cruise Missiles?

3 TIE/FO's with Weapons Guidance, dropping VI to Adapt?

What do you guys think?

Defender or Phantom are good choices for single ships to pair up with the Decimator.
For running more than two ships you can never really go wrong with CrackBlacks + Howlrunner

Lockdown and an Advanced with FCS and Chips- roll up into the fight evading, and then K-tun ASAP. Without a Focus, the cruiser does 4.51 instead of 4.96 damage on average- that's not that bad.

Shame that the TIE/SF has no 4-K-turn. Pattern Analyzer+FCS would make Cruisers brutal.

That depends on which Deci- I've seen a Gunner+HSCP+Intel Patrol Leader with 2 Aggressors (TLT, LWF).

RAC usually runs alongside an Ace- Whisper, Soontir, Ryad, Quickdraw, etc.

Decis do better the less ships they have to face- If your opponents run efficiency swarms (4-7 ship lists) it tends to struggle.

That guy is the best character in the nu-EU by far.

Anyone have that image of the relative speeds of fighters from A New Hope?

How about them spoilers FFG released today?
Hera shenanigans look fun. Hera special into Quadjumper into U-Wing/Falcon turn 1

You mean the one from Jedi? IDK if there's one for Hope.

Why didn't Luke bring his Lightsaber with him into Jabba's Palace? Why'd he keep with R2 the whole time?

Maybe the Force told him that putting the saber in R2 would allow him to join the sail barge fight in style.

What spoilers?

He already did the badass diving board maneuver, seems like he's trying too hard

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/21/man-your-battlestations/

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/21/sw-a-galaxy-at-war/

Pretty sure he means these ones m8.

As someone who's building a TIE Pilot themed deck for Destiny, this is good news. Now we just need an OT-era TIE Fighter support.

Back-up plan, so that he wouldn't be disarmed if he was taken prisoner

Too bad he can't be used in anything else, if the end of the book is anything to go by.

Love that Ciena has a card now. I bet Thane is in too on the hero side.

He's young, still learning what he can do with the Force, and probably hoping that the cute redhead dancer who kept glaring at him in Jabba's Palace was aboard to be impressed by such pulpy heroics.

I doubt we'll see Thane in this set; he doesn't have official art yet (that I know of at least) and there's only one red character left to be revealed

>K2-SO (legendary)
>Hera (rare)
>Rookie pilot (non-unique)
The last character will probably be Cassian Andor, if he's not yellow.
That said, Thane would be cool and Hera is great for shenanigans

That's the one, thanks!

The wheels of (in)justice turn slowly. And there's enough data-based evidence on both sides to drag out a trial or end things inconclusively.

I'm debating getting into Destiny, I had some questions though. I got a bunch of promos and I'd like to try to use them

First up, is 3 Death Troopers a good idea for a deck?

Then, how often does the meta shift? I really don't like chase-rares in games. Would I be able to stick with my 3 Death Trooper deck with all of my promos for a while without it becoming unviable?

>Getting into a collectable game with random boosters
Tread carefully user...

Can't help you there, m80. I'm the only player in my town and therefore only get to play a few times a year or with the missus.

Only advice I have is get the cards you want off Ebay. Boosters only have 5 cards each.

The game is still young, but the meta is often in flux, especially when new sets are revealed/released. One constant deck is Vader/Raider, and that's probably gonna be a thing forever.
3 Death Troopers probably won't win you big tournaments, but it's fun as fuck to play.
I would recommend getting a bunch of different characters, just in case. Jango Fett and FN-2199 is a solid team, for example.

Overall, I really like the game but it is expensive. You need to have a second character die if you want to run him elite, which is a fucking pain if you want to run super rare guys.
Not that you need to run every character with 2 dice, or that the legendary ones are automatically the best ones, but still.

Ransolm Casterfo the spesswashbuckler from Riosa
Yeah he's actually one of the better 'support cast' from the novel, kind of reminded me a bit of the crazy slav oligarchs in Russia that collect nazi memorabilia in spite of it being about as politically correct as owning a black man. Greer wasn't too bad either as the busted ex-racer and the Nikto crime lord Rinnvirin was kind of an interesting character as well, he's slick as snake shit.

The novel wasn't too bad, some people will either love/hate the political meanderings and I find it interesting overall about how the current 'new republic' doesn't function very well and how the new order comes into being

>If your opponents run efficiency swarms
This is more of a general question but how to you run swarms effectively? I've been wanting to try out five A-wings because I love them so much

My friend runs two Death Troopers and a TIE Pilot. It looks like fun and is a pain to play against sometimes, so it's probably quite viable to go 3 troopers. Personally though, I prefer force user decks. My current main one is Count Dooku and Kylo Ren and they are a strong pair indeed.

Has anyone come up with decent house rules for fielding uglies in Xwing?

>fielding uglies
What are those?

Outlaw Tech magic

>he doesn't know
Oh my...

Getting caught was part of his plan.

>501st

Speaking of which, is there any conversion for Imperial Assault that flips the sides? A team of Imperial commando players vs. a Rebel GM with many more dudes?

>All Terrain Tactical Bump

Bumpin uglies.

Looks like Rothana took a leaf out of the BMP blueprints to squish as many people as they could into it

At least it looks like they didn't steal the idea for auxiliary fuel tanks in the doors too.

Yeah, I guess the excuse there is that you should not being running away from people shooting at IFV comrade
Course the reality is that when they get anything of sufficient size going through the front, sides or arsehole of it, being on fire is probably the least of your problems, because being dead and all.

AT-TEs are cozy

Am I just missing it, or does this thing lack a commander despite having a ton of crew?

There's an utterly massive gulf between "sufficient to punch through the ass as spray burning fuel throughout the passenger compartment" and "sufficient to punch through the ass and outright kill everyone inside".

Come to think of it, how well does clone trooper/storm trooper armor protect against being on fire?

I think the spotter in the front cab is technically the commander since he orders the gunners around. They don't specify if he can tell the driver infront of him where to go though.

We hit a couple in Iraq with Gustav rounds though the side, it basically turns the inside into a blender with finger sized lumps of metal whizzing around.
The only real 'upside' for the people inside is that they are usually unconscious from the impact, if they're lucky.

>protect against being on fire?
Probably not well, being covered in napalm and napalm related accessories usually fucks most things up. There is the possibility you could ditch a bit that's on fire I guess and maybe end up less roastie

Most people naysay the game based on its format, not on it merit. It's really fun, but like any game, not worth getting in to if you don't have a local player base and the cash to pay for it.

Deathtroopers are solid, but they struggle to equip weapons and equipment because they lack resource faces. You will probably always find a way to include one in your deck, maybe trading out the other two for a general and a standard trooper. Hux/DTrooper/Trooper looks like it might be strong in the next set, and the combination means you can play cards like pic related for free, creating massive surprise swings of damage against your opponent.

And as someone else said, if you're only going to play casually, then pick your deck in advance and buy the cards of eBay. All but a few rares/legendaries are cheap, and the boosters are cheap enough that you can buy them for fun at a later date.

What Star Wars guys have glowing eyes? The more glowing the better.

Arcona, Chiss, Jawas, Defels. Anything else?

Space bump

What do you guys think about nu-canon lightsaber kyber crystals being semisentient and clear and don't choose a color until they bond with a jedi? Also Sith get their red lightsaber by killing Jedi and bleeding their lightsabers till they turn red.

While part of me finds the edgy tryhardness of it funny, How the Sith get their red lightsabers doesn't actually matter and any attempt to give them a "formula" for why X Lightsaber is colored Y removes the Weird Space Magic mysticism of the Force.

In either canon.

Looking for opinions/criticism on my fleet.

pretty dumb desu

What App/website is that?

plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094

Android only though, but its super slick.