/BAT/

Basic Attention Token Thread.

Added to Coinbase edition.

Post OC memes along with your address and I will send you BAT.

BAT is from the inventor of JavaScript and founder of Mozilla & Firefox, Brendan Eich.

BAT is an Ethereum ERC20 token, which means you can use common hardware wallets like the Ledger Nano, MyEtherWallet, etc.

BAT is backed by Silicon Valley VCs like Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, among others.

Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong tweeted on March 30th, 2017 that BAT is “exactly the sort of token we'd like to support on Coinbase and GDAX over the coming year, make it easy to buy/sell these with gov currencies.”

One of BAT's close advisers is Ankur Nandwani, who is/was Product Manager at Coinbase. He was the one who announced that Litecoin was added to Coinbase.

$BAT was recently added to a spate of exchanges, including big Chinese exchanges like Binance and Huobi.

You will be able to get paid for choosing to view ads with the BAT Ads program. Users receive 70% of ad revenue. Yes, 70%.

Brave & BAT have been covered in a lot of mainstream news recently, including Bloomberg, NASDAQ, CNET, Engadget, TechCrunch and more. It has also been promoted by Ubuntu Linux (on their FB page with 1.3m followers) and Rocket.Chat (on their official blog).

BAT is not limited to the Brave web browser but will be extended to other browsers via extensions (where APIs permit) and other attention-economy apps like chat messengers, podcast apps, games, etc.

Brave Payments, which utilizes $BAT, currently supports YouTubers. Support for Twitch, Reddit and Twitter, etc. have been confirmed. Brave Payments allows you to easily tip your favorite publishers and content creators, Patreon-style.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/942115844087169024
twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/847521850980614145
twitter.com/csuwildcat/status/944524657348055041
twitter.com/csuwildcat/status/943360748700553216
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Over 1000 websites and over 600 YouTubers have been confirmed as verified publishers with the Brave Payments program—and counting. This includes big channels like Phil deFranco who has 6 million subscribers. (You can still tip/donate to your favorite sites/creators even if they aren’t yet verified since the $BAT will be held in a wallet for them to claim.)

The Brave web browser has over 1 million active monthly users. On the Android store alone, Brave has 1-5 million downloads. Brave is available on all platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS, Linux).

Other notable figures on the development team include Yan Zhu (Forbes top 30 under 30, Tor Project, W3C, EFF), Marshall Rose (inventor of SNMP, Internet Engineering Task Force) as well as many others who’ve worked on major projects. (Look at team on website.)

The Brave browser has one-click support for Ethereum dApps with Metamask. Brave is officially listed on Metamask’s website alongside Google Chrome.

You will be able to purchase $BAT with your credit or debit card directly through the built-in BAT wallet in Brave. This is a first priority for the team.

BAT officially partnered with privacy search engine DuckDuckGo, and they recently revealed more details on their relationship.

Brendan Eich said in a tweet yesterday that he heard Mozilla was potentially interested in natively integrated BAT. twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/942115844087169024

The supply of BAT is fixed and limited. No new BAT will ever be mined or created. Total supply is capped, like Bitcoin.

Charts looking very bullish.

ROFL

it's hilarious and sad how many people on Veeky Forums constantly hate on BAT

1million+ and still accumulating here

I love BATs tech. Only have about 86 but im a poorfag and currently holding stellar bags. Cant wait to see where this goes, even in my 93 yaris

150k here. Always accumulating.

another pile of trash... clash of clans worths mroe than this shit

Sick joke buddy

Sigh, leave BAT alone from your P&D crap Boris.

You have been visited by BATman. This took surprisingly longer than I wanted it to.

Thanks OP been big fan of BAT for a while;
0x79aCBF17da6520D923673a285955BBBC468dD609

Can’t all be whales bud. I have 700 and its better than nothing. Like you most of my money is tied up in other things. It should go 5-10x in the next few months though, especially if it hits Coinbase. I think it will regardless but maybe it will take 6 months without Coinbase. Exciting future for BAT even if it is about to get hit by some P&D dickheads.

I hope you BAT people realize that the whole use case of BAT will be made obsolete by Microsoft's identity platform. Don't pretend that I didn't warn you. Also, do your research, google for it, also google for tweets regarding this platform. I'm not going to spoonfeed you.

>Microsoft's identity platform

Are.. Are you referring to Microsoft Coco?

They do completely, completely different things.

>BAT is an Ethereum ERC20 token, which means you can use common hardware wallets like the Ledger Nano, MyEtherWallet, etc.

stopped reading there, not buying into scam ERC20 tokens.

Also, from another thread:

Attention:

There are many signs that BAT will be the next cryptocurrency offered on coinbase.

First, we are already aware of the CEO's statement made here:

twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/847521850980614145 (embed)

Now, fast forward to the latest cycle we're experiencing. Coinbase has recently introduced bitcoin cash as one of their fiat pair marketplace options. Perceptive investors would have noted the new category in GDAX under which bitcoin was grouped: other.

Coinbase has a clear limitation in terms of its availability to masses - the price per unit of their listed coins. Even though it makes no logical sense (buy fractional amounts duh) normies are still intimidated by even litecoins price point.

Due to the available supply and use case, BAT is not intrinsically designed to accrue a large valuation per unit. This ensures that upon even moderate adoption (though more than we've witnessed for most utility tokens/projects), the price is not likely to eclipse 20$ in the forseeable future.

This mutual interest is also bolsters by the major consumer base they are targeting: normie content viewers e.g. youtube twitch etc. The "availability" of the token at 2 or 3 dollars per unit through coinbase will make it easy to obtain units to participate in the upcoming support of the BAT on media platforms.

>Are.. Are you referring to Microsoft Coco?
What? No.

twitter.com/csuwildcat/status/944524657348055041

This platform will enable things like paying micro transactions via the browers using the Bitcoin Lightning Network. This just one of these use cases, so that may apply to coins other than BAT, too.

Fuck, you made me spoonfeed you after all. Well, whatever... I'm outta here.

Are you sure he isn't referring to the Coco? I remember one part of their whitepaper was an example of an identity access management platform that utilized a distributed ledger infrastructure built on coco - which also will have modules for interacting with other external chains.

I really think he may be referencing Coco.

I made this and you ignored me last time OP

0xc065Adefb90C61F24320c0794B8Fe5FEFD341E8d

I give you another thing in order to question the relevance of coinbase in itself:

twitter.com/csuwildcat/status/943360748700553216

>The more decentralized chain will soon receive an endorsement that brings the market some much needed perspective about the bigger picture, and makes Coinbase look exactly like what it is: a startup that's the biggest thing swimming around in a 10 gallon tank.

Oh, ok, that might be the same or a similar thing. I only know the terms DPKI. Maybe it's something slightly different, have to look into it.

Here, look.

Thanks mate

hmm, there are similar elements but I'm missing the use of a blockchain for storing identity information. Also what I was talking about has nothing to do with a network per se where you can necessarily vote for something. If I'm not mistaken, one could implement a coco network with the identity network (and blockchain) as a backbone. So these things might be related.

You've got it reversed. Coco is the environment identity would be the modular component

With backbone I mean that the identity network is a layer below coco. You can use the IN for coco but not the other way around, if I'm not mistaken.

heres my 10 hour effort op. it took blood sweat and tears and I fully expect this to be the background image to the hope page next week. and hope you all have a Merry Christmas

0x997eaea050761d1a43ac617628f05c3e4a0bd878

How about OC of my Ex?

0x727574921ce0294c4e292e0df41bfd7f837214343

gross

>never seen naked woman before
>sees some average to decent tits
>realises he would actually rather fuck dogs than people

fuck off