>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>LAST TIME ON /WIPG/:

Other urls found in this thread:

wwpd.net/2017/06/bolt-action-tutorial-scenic-artillery.html
flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1744
wwpd.net/2012/08/face-painting-is-not-just-for-kids.html
forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Command-HQ-Squad
forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Commissar-Set
knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b/Products/35DC045
spectreminiatures.com/collections/mena-civilians/products/mena-civilians-alfa
spectreminiatures.com/collections/objectives/products/hostages-alfa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I could use some feedback and tips on how to improve my nurgle cucks. I am thinking:
- Wash the armor with SEPIA or QuickShade-Light tone
- Add highlights on the mutations
- Wash swords with darktone
- add rust streaks and silver+dark chips and perhaps some washes here
- Paint eyes/lenses red/orange

I should have thought the color scheme through.. FUCK

Previously an user made a comment to add more green, but wouldnt that turn this is into Nurgle Dark Angels scheme?

Also primer went on like shit so i had to strip and redid it. Fuckin hassle that was.

here are basically all my nurgle models, some where still being stripped. Basically its the 2 starter sets

/wipg/, i'd like to put forward a theory.
Celestra grey and dryad bark represent the duality of man.
Celestra grey represents all of the worst things about humanity. Anger, jealousy, but mostly anger.
On the other hand, dryad bark represents the very best of humanity. Because it's just so damn easy to get smooth coats with.

please put the helbrute and the 7th ED Chaos Lord on a bigger base

1st post not by me.. and its a shitposter.
Get some on topic content or go to a 40k general and shit the place up some more there. If you are bored go jack off or go to fit

Ontopic: Pic related.. i inadvertently am making Nurgle Angels

Christ, alright. I was grumbling about how much of a pain in the ass celestra grey is to get smooth coats out of, not dumping MTG lore.

I drybrushed WAY too heavy, should I start over, or clean it up?

Looks kind of cool, like hes scuffed up as fuck.

Probably easier to just clean it up and hit most of the panels with the basecoat/layer colour you used.

Right, thanks. Back view, he's from the Liberators.

Fucking amazing, user. 10/10.

What are you kitting your chosen out with?

used to paint warhammer back when I was a kid and checked out last thread out of interest

absolutely blown away by some of the talent here
intimidates me if I wanted to get involved again

Can you safely strip paint several times or is there a point at which it'll start damaging the minis?

If you got started again youd be really shitty for a few months but you start to get a feel for it after a while. Painting a miniature you can look at and go "oh hell yeah, this guy looks great" is such a good feeling. Make sure you have friends or family doing it with you. My father taught me how to build models when I was a kid and his lessons have stuck with me since. Friends are good because theyll tell you what you need to do better without being cunts about it.

once the greenstuff is done, he's pretty much finished. I'm happy with the result, and think it came out well.

and some more work on the second fellow. Still need to figure out what to put in his other hand, but I'm thinking knife or something along those lines.

my friends would think warhammer is gay and my dad is dead unfortunately

> American eagle pauldron
WHY
WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THAT?
IT WORKS PERFECTLY GREAT JOB

You should give him a gun or some kind of disgusting power axe. The pose of that fist looks cool as hell.

100% what said.Left is my first mini, and right is my current WIP 10-15 models later?

Any ideas for what I can do with the scheme on the right of pic related for spot colours etc? Any suggestions for lens colours?

celestra grey get out REEEEE

Well user, If I knew you I'd be your friend. Try to connect with some people at the LGS I suppose. If you are the infectious personality type you might be able to get your friends into it.

it's been a meme for fucking ever, user
every thread needs four thin coats of or more.

Does this look good as an autogun for my renegades?

All she needs is a bayonet or some other little Chaos decoration.

Is this too much?

Not at all dude, looks perf, is it just for a renegade guardsman? Make the officers especially Chaos-y but Im sure you dont need me to tell you that.

Johnnypost

As is tradition.
Here's a slightly outdated photo of my auged up gue'vesa dude to keep this on topic.

I'm using FW's renegade militia torsos so they are going to look very chaotic!

Almost done the Marines from the Dark Imperium set finally, just have the captain left to do. I just want to get started on DG already.

Those Torsos are great! have fun modelling those things man. post them as you assemble/paint them pls.

Sure I will mate. My order from Forge World is supposed to arrive next week and I'll start to assemble and paint as soon as it gets here

For a Terrainproject I'm working at I want to make some wall-banners. How would I best make these? Print them on paper? Use actual cloth?

This is your date tonight.

God yes.

DUNC'D

I'm not worthy.

I'm trying to make realistic looking desert sand dune bases,,,unsuccessfully it seems.

Any tips?

I more or less completed 1 marine as a test. Any tips?

Stop shitposting in threads. Get on discord and shows each other your cocks and memes there, but for the love of god stop ruining Veeky Forums threads with nothing but wasted words.

That's a purty marine, user.
I consider myself allowed to shitpost because I've been contributing too - see my tau lads above.

what tutorial you using?

Also check these:
wwpd.net/2017/06/bolt-action-tutorial-scenic-artillery.html
> Glue gravel and sand
> Base colour: VJ Brown Sand (876)
> Wash: Army painter Strong tone ink
> Highlight 1: VJ Brown Sand (876)
> Highlight 2: VJ Dark Sand (847)
> Highlight 3: VJ Pale Sand (837)

flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1744
These look very sexy

lets make Veeky Forums better, less shit posting and more linking and helping each other with actual tips

there is no excuse to shitpost. Why do it mate? Go to /b/ or /pol/ if you want to be funny or bored.

Eh, fair cop.
Any suggestions for the lenses on my tau? Green feels like it doesn't contrast enough, and i'm currently thinking either purple or maybe blue.

Go for a bright blue

Sounds good. Guess i'll have to give proper lens work a shot for this instead of just bullying it with a gem paint. Wish me luck!

Nice!

>wwpd
>not posting the 15mm face painting tutorial

wwpd.net/2012/08/face-painting-is-not-just-for-kids.html

I doubt I will ever play with the little SW side army I bought during 7th now that the new edition made everything different, but atleast another thing gone from my backlog.
10 almost finished wulfen, 6 thunderwolves and a dread still left for this project.

I just wanna get better tg pls

That looks so much better than just the smoke belching forward.

Thinking about starting up a new Codex Space Marine army for 8th and I'm looking for a second opinion on what colour scheme to throw at them.

Choices are ;
- Astral Claws
- Blood Ravens

Thoughts?

>Welcome to Veeky Forums, where we're all serious, all the time.

You sound autistic, m8y.

I don't know if anyone here can help but here go

I need to find a torso of a dude with his hands on his hips
Basically I'm going to do commissar CIA leading a squad of bane themed ogryns/bullgryns
I have all the other parts sourced except the torso
thanks for the help

I have recently come back into the hobby and tried to rescure my old models. I have now about 40 imperial guardsmen, problem is I have like 3 Sergeants and 1 Radio guy.
I have no idea what the ratio between guardsmen, Sergeants and Radio guys is. I have a ton of spare parts so conversion isn't a problem.
SO guys, whats the ratio ?

With some creativity you could change his left arm a bit, I guess.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Command-HQ-Squad

There's also this guy, hands almost on the hips.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Commissar-Set

old car

Blood Ravens lets you conceivably make Tarkus your Captain. So there's that going for it.

Squads are 10 man now including sergeant.

So if you want Vox operators you have up to 4. Vox operators extend the radius Orders are applied within by officers moving by the squad, they aren't necessarily something you always need to bring.

Thank you VERY much !

That was a shitty explanation, I'm sorry. If the target unit has a vox caster and the officer issuing the order is within 3" of a vox caster, the target unit can be up to 18" away.

Needs more highlighting
also be careful when filing off the numbs on the backpack ball thingies. They look rough in your picture.

The body of the car looks alright, but the windows look like you coated them in snot. Was that deliberate? I'm just not sure what you were going for.

i tried a green wash

I like it. If you light stippled a darker green around the glass it could look like mold or algae growing

QUESTIONS
1. Lens colour for imperial fists
2. how would I nurglify the bases these fists have, so that they would suit the Death Guard?
3. can I use sepia, and brown washes to Non metallic gold the gold fabric on the banner? Or should I use glazes of browns.

Any good guides on paint schemes for skeletons? Particularly any that are more advanced than the simple zandri dust progression? I'd also be interested in alternate color schemes, bleached white bone just seems a bit played . I was thinking about trying some based and painted like they were coming out of the ocean, not sure how I'd do it though.

>Lens colour for imperial fists

I'm leaning towards green. Not sure how nice that will look on the white helmets, but it seems like it would go well with yellow ones.

>1. Lens colour for imperial fists
Green. Alternately sky blue.
>2. how would I nurglify the bases these fists have, so that they would suit the Death Guard?
Maybe adding weathering via sponge technique? They alredy look weathered, but unless you want to do big rusty holes with nurglings poking out of them I think the easiest visual shorthand would be puss or some other organic debris maybe.
>3. can I use sepia, and brown washes to Non metallic gold the gold fabric on the banner? Or should I use glazes of browns.
You can use both I guess, it just depends on what you are doing. You'll probably have to paint the same way with both though since nmm effects require a lot of control. So if you idea was a wash and then you are done I don't think that's gonna work.

Thoughts on my B E L L B O Y E

Don't think he's come out as well as my Plague Marines but he was a weirder model.

Ideas for Plaguecaster spell? I was thinking of making it dark green with Caliban Green and then just slopping it with Nurgle's Rot technical paint.

So I painted my first Gates of Antares models to the paint where I want to call them done, but I'm not sure what to do with the bases yet.

Here's a pic to show the color scheme.

And here are the two options I'm looking at currently.

Kind of a rocky earth look with wildflowers, or a deadlands thing.
I think the darker bases may be a better contrast for the scheme, but would look a bit boring.

I'd like a second opinion from you guys before I commit to something.

Nearly done.
Now I seriously got to start painting

My citadel razor saw is getting a bit old and worn out. What's a good brand to replace it with?

the nurgling on him looks weird being almost the same shade as the armour
metals in general look a bit pristine from a nurgle perspective
otherwise bretty gud

I found what i was looking for, but thanks for the suggestions!

knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b/Products/35DC045
spectreminiatures.com/collections/mena-civilians/products/mena-civilians-alfa
spectreminiatures.com/collections/objectives/products/hostages-alfa
now if only i had that much money to spend on a meme

Its Kasrkin fag back at it again with the phone posts! My second model came in yesterday so I jumped right on him. 13 left to do but not here yet because Hawaii takes ages to get stuff mailed too. Currently they have a wolf angles on the left shoulder and I was wondering if you guys had any idea for a better rune?

that seam gap on the bell looks like ASS

I like them. Just lightly highlight your black and your good to go!

Anyone know how to paint flayed skull Dark eldar? I'm planning on buying some deldar to get into 40k, and these dudes have some really cool colours.

Drybrush or highlight the nurgling with nurgling green, and then put a good amount of violet shade on his belly and between his fat folds put flesh shade. Nurgle daemons are all about shading

Blood is too bright, looks almost cartoonish. Dried blood is darker than that. Maybe try to add some spots to it? The cloth also looks awfully clean.

For the red, you can use red ink or some translucent red (tamiya clear red for example) over a bright metal base, or just work up from black to bright red with a tiny white highlight or a coat of gloss varnish.

Metal can be done with a blue wash over silver. The GW nightshade one works fine. I think there's also a few companies which do blue metallics.

The flayed skin is just pale skin with a little purple / crimson shading to tie it into the colour scheme and stop it looking flat.

So step by step, how would I go about that after black primer?

Ignore the faggot.

Vallejo do metallic red paints, pick up one of those and you have your armour. No fucking around with clear paints needed.

Use red primer

White if not that

Black primer should be the last thing you use.

If you must use black primer for some reason I would do a heavy drybrush of the citadel red foundation paint, then a glaze of red and accept that your dudes are going to be darker red

Actually now that I look at them again the illustration and photo from the book have two different looks. If you want your boys bright red like the drawing than you would really really (seriously) want a primer that wasn't black. If you want results like the photo example than black would be ok.

So way I see it the easy options are from easiest to least
- prime red, wash red, wash black, highlight
- Prime black, drybrush base red, drybrush brighter red, glaze red, wash black, highlight
- prime black and just do metallic red if you want bright n shiny boys
Hope that's helpful. Painting a bright red over black is a bad idea.

There's one downside, namely that the Vallejo metallic red isn't very red, it's more of a pink. A light coating of a red wash will turn it a lovely deep red, but the paint itself is not a deep red.

colored metallic paints usually only have weak colors at best. Using tamiya clear or a regular old ink gives much stronger colors.

In any way I don't think metallic red is the right way to go at all.
This looks like it's just black highlighted with red edge highlights.
The same way the regular Deldar scheme is just black highlighted with turquoise edge highlights.

Unrelated to your questions, but I have to say I think you overdid it on the legs. Those marines look like they just slogged through mud and rain less than an hour ago, which really doesn't match up with the basing they've got. If their legs and boots are dirty then it should look drier and not reach so far up.

There are a few exception, from Vallejo their Arctic Blue metallic is really deep blue, not as nice as a coat of clear over silver, but still a really nice blue.
A number of Scale75 Alchemy metallics are rather nice too, but again, the clear over silver is hard to beat, but the Alchemy paints are available in far more colours.

In retrospect, unless I just do the black with red (which I think is boring), it'll end up looking too much like a craftworld bitch elf. Pic related might be cooler. I think they're the dying suns kabal, which Duncan has a guide for. Only worry now is that it'll look too much like clown elves.

Do you think anyone would bitch if I used Deathwatch marines as Devastator Sergeants?
I'm in desperate need of some and the little bit on the Mark 8 backpack seems enough like a signum that I'm tempted to use the few Deathwatch guys I got as Devastator Sergeants. What do you guys think? Yea or nay? I don't have a use for the Deathwatch lads since I don't plan to collect the army.

I'm going to start an Stormcast army themed around fire and ancient warriors. I'm thinking about making the armor golden or silver with Nihilak Oxide to make it appear rusty and old, and with Khorne red for details.

What do you think would look better for them, Retributor Gold or Leadbelcher as the base for the armor? Also, any ideas to spice up the theme?

So this just arrived at my post office, gonna pick him up tomorrow. He'll be incorporated into the Dark Mechanicus/CSM warband thing that I've posted to hell and back about.
HOWEVER.
I think that one of these arms have to be replaced somehow. I took a look at the stuff I've got going on, and while I never intended them to be game legal, they sure are lacking in firepower and have way too much in the way of melee weaponry. Any good suggestions on weapons that might fit either hand? I've never bought an Ogryn before, so I'm not really sure about the size of it.

I'm almost done painting him. That being said, I hate painting Blood Angels

"He's served in the death watch and keeps the armour the same way as respect for his service with them".

Simples.

If you are talking kitbash, then its a cool idea. Drop the deathwatch shoulder pad/symbols obviously.