What's life like for an imperial citizen?

What's life like for an imperial citizen?

What jobs are popular?

What do they do they do to spend their time? Is their vidya? Anime? ttrpgs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bn20oXFrxxg
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_Warhammer_40,000_AD
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_40k_Part_2
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_Warhammer_40k_-_Part_3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everything is bad and shitty, forever, and every planet is under attack right now. Yes, every single one.

>Life for a Hive dweller.
>Wake up in your hab block, have a quick breakfast of retextured protein and other substances.
>Head to work at the manufactory.
>Dodge street urchens begging and collecting scraps falling from higher levels.
>Arrive at work, take your place at assemly belt.
>Your neighbour passes you two parts of a data-slate, it's your job to put them together and pass them to your other neighbour.
>Take break to pay to golden throne.
>Eventually your shift is done, you head to get paid.
>Go out drinking with coworkers, drink too much rotgut.
>End up buying substandard cooked rat from stall.
>Get home, pray to porcelain throne.
>Fall asleep.

youtube.com/watch?v=bn20oXFrxxg

With less ducks.

Have you ever read 1984? It's kinda like that.

Varies widely, but since hive worlds probably contain a slim majority of the human population this guy: might be pretty close to "average."

One thing I try to keep in mind is that if we're going for the futuristic feudal feel of the setting, it's probably not a consumer culture. Workers probably spend their pittance on food and live entertainment, rather than home electronics and shit.

Literal constant merciless slavery with with no concern given to the longevity of the slaves, people say there are nice imperial worlds but i've yet to see it actually represented in official fluff.

Aren't there paradise worlds tho

Those are Exodite Eldar planets. The best average quality of life in the Imperium is probably Ultramar.

Ever heared of Battlemace 42Million?

There's at least (heavily propagandized) TV, I remember a show about Imperial fighter pilots being referenced in one of the Ciaphas Cain novels.

THAT'S

Reason I'm asking this is cause I'm going to be playing a beat cop in a hive, and want to give him a hobby.

Is bot ai banned by the ad mech, so vidya isn't a thing?

In Nemesis they showed an agriculture world with private Hovercraft (which got Daemoned), lush countryside (which got ritually sacrificed), and the humble life of a detective (who got murdered).

It was far nicer than the average hive world.

NOT

>Is bot ai banned by the ad mech, so vidya isn't a thing?

Yes, they're mostly replaced by Servitors so I guess vidya wound be live action?

I know nobels like to go into the underhive to hunt mutants with live ammunition.

Actual dwarf fortress with servators,

I'd play it

>this is how hive cities are made

JUST

I suppose "dumb" computers, or "cogitators" are still a thing. What's forbidden is true AI.

SOME

Cain read comics of "Arbitrator Forboding", which then is presumably published by the company 42000AD.

FUCKING

BODY

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_Warhammer_40,000_AD

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_40k_Part_2

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_Warhammer_40k_-_Part_3