/wfg/ - Warhammer Fantasy General

Heh, nuthin personnel... edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/54/Cubicle-7-Entertainment-Ltd/subcategory/179_4943/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-2nd-Edition?affiliate_id=169435
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for elf gods

I don't understand anything about any of this, but I really like Karl Franz.

What's the best option for reading more about him and the cool things he does? I don't wanna play the game since it hurts my head when I watch people use rulers and like fifty dice then ramble off some demonic code language, but I like to read and watch.

The elf pantheon was a mistake. Dark elves should only worship Khaine aka Khorne and Slaanesh.

KFC himself only rarely appears in the novels and such before the End Times ruined everything. He's in several of the Genevieve novels and also features in the third Ulrika book, albeit tangentially.

There is Prince of Altdorf novella but it comes only with box copy of TWW Old World Edition.

GENEVIEVE WHEN

They did a great job with his VA.
Hell, the VA in general is just the right side of Ham and scenery chewing

Post art

Never ever.

I thought that was just some existing short stories repackaged in a new collection.

I will look into these, thank you.

I like humans in fantasy and I cannot really explain why. He's just neat though.

Yeah the game is what made me look into it more, since I really liked him in-game, then realized he does lots of cool lore stuff.

It's a shame the lore seems difficult to get into if you want to focus on one aspect, rather than the entirety.

Its new story about Karl's election written by CA writer.

>age of skub getting lapped again

Never EVER
Gods damnit

I wanna day this is 4 times, maybe 5.

That's what it gets for being shit

>Drycha could be attractive woman

>there will never be a tabletop Phoenix King

>that pic
Sums up him pretty well desu. I'm halfway through the first Lord of Chaos book and his acceptance of being the chosen one happened way too quick.
>S-sigmar senpai, n-notice meee!
>. . .
>WELL FUCK YOU, I LIKE CHAOS NOW
I guess one could speculate that it was because he had a peice of Warpstone lodged in his eye, but it still felt too sudden.

Cubicle 7 just re-released all of the WFRP 2e PDF's if anyone is interested.

drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/54/Cubicle-7-Entertainment-Ltd/subcategory/179_4943/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-2nd-Edition?affiliate_id=169435

What? "Everchosen" is the first book. "Lord of Chaos" is the second book when he is all in the way into being Everchosen and the book revolves around his conflict with his dad.

Either you made a mistake or you just reading random exerpts from the web. In Everchosen, he attempts suicide, goes to his adopted family house only to find it burned by the Imperial church police that want to murder him because he is basically the antichrist, and then after a lot of the shit his last hope is going to the Big ass Sigmar church in the capital to pray to Sigmar. The Guy who out of options at that point.

Karl changed a lot by edition, so most stuff he's in is totally different from each other.

He went from shitty ineffective ruler to purehearted ineffective leader to master politician that can't lift 10lbs. to what you see in TWW which is best boy.

Although short and Karl is only on two pages, the best thing for you is honestly the comic that lead into the dead Warhammer MMORPG.

Another company made what is totally Finubar.
He's holding a Phoenix chick.

you DO understand they ain't posting 'cos they are busy gaming, 'cos their game ain't dead, don't you?

indeed

>Damned by fate, hated by everyone, and time resets every time he fails or an heroes while nothing ever progresses if he refuses to follow the path laid out for him
>Not refusing to be evil in every timeline and accepting that boredom and pain as a badge of honor

Truly the most basic bitch in the setting.

FAKENEWSFAKENEWS OUR GAME IS THE YUGEST EVER, MOST PLAYERS, TERRIFIC

Age of Sigmar is still in the book lad and that grudge isn't settled yet.

gr8 b8 m8

seriously though, how many games of FB have you played in the past week? eh? exactly.

Get out of here you subpar troll.

Fantasy is more than just the tabletop - Im running an rpg campaign with my group currently

They Grey magicians? I've never seen AoS players at my LGS. The boxes actually have dust on them, lol.

Same. Players are going to Kislev to get raped.

It is kind of weird how Archaon comes off as a Deviantart OC by someone who wrote him up in 15 minutes while listening to Green Day.

I do like his Fantasy counterpart a hell of a lot more than the End Times one though. At least the Fantasy version of Archaon is meant to be the story of one man's loss of good, descent into evil and madness, and when it seems like he has it all he loses it all and fails completely, escaping with nothing and wearing "Everchosen" only as an empty badge of dishonor. A very nice little tale fitting in with the rest of the world, and a nice example of, along with all of the Storm of Chaos, that even when evil seems unstoppable and unending, it can still be beaten and hope (Order) can still prevail.

Then End Times just makes him a nothing personnel kid shitter and evil wins because they can xD x3 >;3

I never played.

I purchased models and modded/painted them for competitions and read Black Library novels.

Compare to AoS "players" who kitbash with Space Marines and play in grey before moving onto 40k anyway.

We're having an expedition to the southlands

Don't forget that in AoS he's a Chaos God and also still has good in him, destined to wield Ghal Maraz after killing Sigmar.

Just bought 8th edition rulebook and reading. Can't find anybody that wants to play WFB. Either 40k or Fantasy40k.

Yeah, that dude is basically Coldsteel the Hedgehog now. Unironically too.

Surely they could get raped at home?

But how does he fair in the age of slam

Do you even realize how popular Warhammer video games are right now?

Axing WHFB seems to be the best decision GW ever did. Unintentionally.

Id they didn't axe it could thrive in sales.

>Don't forget that in AoS he's a Chaos God and also still has good in him, destined to wield Ghal Maraz after killing Sigmar.
What..?

Also has the chaptcha images you click on started loading out and back in reaaaaaaally slowly for anyone else?

Nah. System was legitimately terrible and people playing video games don't want to waste time painting 50 skeletons.

It gets better.

>All the Chaos Gods want to kill him so they keep sending their best to kill him
>He kills everyone sent after him and becomes stronger by consuming their souls, so he's effectively draining the Chaos Gods of their power
>As Grand Marshal Of Chaos every Chaos being, Daemon or mortal, must obey him as if their own Chaos God gave the order

>Nagash is god of death so all souls of the dead go to him
>Archaon killed Nagash again, trapped all the souls in a giant cage so the afterlife is now literally Archaon saying "GET IN THE FUCKING BAG"
>Archaon killed the biggest monsters that existed in this new world, just because he could
>Archaon could save Slaanesh from Teclis and Tyrion. But fuck Slaanesh
>Archaon could get blessings from Great Horned Rat. But fuck rats

>The leaning tower of Archaon is, according to GW, the best selling and most popular model they've ever made. Totally true, no you can't see sales figures or the survery results

azhag is goofy and cute.

Litteraly what.

I fucking loved painting my Lizardmen. Painting saurus is my zen

>likes:atheism
Now hold up just a second, are you saying Archaon was in leauge with Malal all this time?
Storm of Chaos suddenly makes sense.

He is a demigod, not a god.
And Archaon was always a good man at heart. He simply misguided and lost like all sinners. He rages at the evil he is doing and seeks absolution.

Also Ghal Maraz is his by right. It is known. Sigmar owes him that.

The fuck are you talking about?

AoShittery.

videogame sales do not equal tabletop sales or vice versa

yes, which is why Dawn of war did nothing for 40k

Dawn of War 1 boosted 40k sales.

>>He kills everyone sent after him and becomes stronger by consuming their souls, so he's effectively draining the Chaos Gods of their power

No, he fed their essences to his horse. That's why it looks freakish now.

>>As Grand Marshal Of Chaos every Chaos being, Daemon or mortal, must obey him as if their own Chaos God gave the order

There are still thoses in Chaos who rebel against him since Archaon doesn't conquer. He destroys. Leaving wastelands where nothing can prosper and live. No shrines or mighty kingdoms. Just emptiness.

>>Archaon killed Nagash again, trapped all the souls in a giant cage so the afterlife is now literally Archaon saying "GET IN THE FUCKING BAG"

No, the bone cage is just the bulk of Nagash's armies being held prisoner by Archaon. Souls go to the depths of Shyish.

>>Archaon killed the biggest monsters that existed in this new world, just because he could

He captured I believe three. He didn't kill them.

>>Archaon could get blessings from Great Horned Rat. But fuck rats

The Horned Rat is dishonourable and craven to the point that Archaon who is used to dealing with Tzeentchians cannot stand it.

>>The leaning tower of Archaon is, according to GW, the best selling and most popular model they've ever made. Totally true, no you can't see sales figures or the survery results

It was a WD vote.

Except Malal was kind of cool because he incarned the "retarded" side of Chaos, the side too mad to accept to work with each other, the Chaos devouring itself; the inherent paradox to it.

Archaon is "Nuthing pirsonal kido".

This shit looks like One Punch Man villain.

No, Archaons shitty writing must be a plot by Malal cultists at gw to make people hate chaos.

Are there people who actually like his shit? For real?

But it would be no fun! For them at last.

>He rages at the evil he is doing and seeks absolution.
he could just, you know, stop. since he apparently has free will

Honestly I've never seen anyone profess to like Archaon and not be trolling or 14 years old.

>The leaning tower of Archaon
the what?
you mean the Dreadhold?

[citation needed]

>Malal punched trough the 4th wall to make people hate on Chaos

That's pure genius.

All of the end times and aos seems like a plot designed to make people hate GW and Warhammer who aren't hyper-Chaosfags themselves.

See huge boost in 2005, and 2017 because of Total War Warhammer.

Demigod and god has no distinction in Warhammer.

He's a Chaos God.

If that was so easy, then there would be no sinners. A hurt and broken man cannot be mended that easily.

No, the fuckheug tall shitty model.

At least Ma'al Drakkar was well done.

False. It exists. Archaon is said to be a demigod. He isn't a being of the Warp. He doesn't have his own daemons. He merely has the magical and physical power akin to a god.

Yeah the licence is valuable, doesn't mean the WFB would be

Look at this shit. The blowjob-tiers edgy title made me laugh too.

So he's a god.

A god aligned with Chaos and empowered by it.

A Chaos God.

Archaon is said to be the flame that will devour everything in existence before turning upon itself. Archaon is Malal but way cooler.

>but way cooler

Way gayer and lamer desu. I like Fantasy Archaon but ET Archaon is a fucking sperg.

Nah, like all demigods. Archaon can die for reals. he is just a beefed up mortal. Who keeps refusing daemonhood by the way.

Meanwhile, for the same price...

So he's a Chaos God.

He's just not the same kind of Chaos God as Nurgle, Tzeentch, Khorne, and Slaanesh.

But still a Chaos God because he is a god, aligned with Chaos.

Not to mention Slaanesh recieved a permanent wound from Khaine in 8e, so the four are not immune to harm.

I'm going off of Dwarfs: Stone and Steel.

>Archaon is Malal but way cooler.

what the fuck are you saying?
the cold ones HAVE been released

that's just the 3×sculpt they do before the casting process

I'm going off of Grudgelore, penned by Nick Kyme and Gavinthrope, the loremaster.

And his mount looks stupid.
Dorgar on the other side is fucking rad.

Not for lizardmen.

>females are 10-20% of the race but are not baby factories

Who the shit designed such a retarded race? No wonder they are dying out.

That thing is mutated Dorghar.

>gav thorpe

gonna stop you there

But user
that IS Dorghar

to be fair, dwarfs are insanely hardy, extremely long lived, and just generally resistant to the shit which usually kills infants and children

>round of hip, wide of girth and heavy of bosom

So do elves, they don't heave any diseases except for chaos inflected.

So can anyone explain what happens to Karl Franz? Does he die in end times and he's dead for good? I love the guy and it'd kinda be shit if he was like the only big bad ass that didn't survive into AoS.