Lift one of your irl ability scores to 25

you've got strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma.

most of them are 10. something might be 8 or 7, or even 12. if you think you've got a score at 14, you're either a prodigy or delusional. 18 is the absolute human maximum. 25 is a demigod.

you now get to be a demigod in one aspect.

which ability score will you choose and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y5cVumvzY5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Intelligence, so maybe I can discover a cure for my crippling depression.

25 into Charisma because that has the only appreciable effect in our modern society.

High physical stats are pointless outside of a circus, Int is a waste because we already have all human knowledge accessible at our finger tips and Wis is only good for making me realize the futility of my own existence in a morally subjective universe.

This tbcaehwyf

>25 is a demigod.
In what edition? In 4/5 sure. In 3/2 it's more like giant strength.
>24 is 19/00

Either that or you will gain an even deeper understanding of how futile and pointless life is.

Part 2: What would you do with your 25 charisma?

Honestly I'd rather buy some skills than raise my base stats.

With 25 con, how long would that extend my natural life, and would it make me look younger then normal?

>14 is prodigy
bullshit nigger

18 is prodigy. 20 is absolute human maximum except in .0001% of cases such as anomalies like The Mountain or that one dude who can sprint for miles without breaking a sweat

I think that is the most likely outcome

But intelligence will only amplify your sorrow, user.

I choose charisma. As the ultimate chad, I can lead humanity into the future while you wallow in schizophrenic despair.

It's largely accepted that the max human lifespan is 120 years. Even with insane con, aging catches up to everyone eventually

Same thing we do every night Pinkie.

Charisma. 25 Charisma, do you even know how fucking high that is by "Gandalf was a 5th level magic user" standards? That's at least 5 points higher than Napoleon "amma use the army that was sent to arrest me to reconquer Paris" Bonaparte. That's enough to book a flight to the white house, walk in and convince the entire American people to accept me as President for life.

D&D and real life have one thing in common: if your charisma is high enough, your other stats do not matter.

Constitution would be neat.

This. Extremely attractive people, physically or thanks to their words, can get everything they want.

First become the president of my country, then the leader of the Glorious European Federation, and lead us towards an age of internal peace and prosperity as we crush any and all resistance apart from the Big 3, US, China and Russia. We get back to dominating the world, don't give a shit about others, and are finally free from the 3's influence.

This. 14 is good, but nothing uncommon.

Constitution, because I've got a really annoying chronic health condition putting me down to something like 7.

ITT:
>the only reason my life sucks is because I'm ugly ;_;

25 wisdom, achieve nirvana and write philosophical scripts that will become posthumously one of the miliary stone of modern philosophy

Live life in relative obscurity but content with my life

>You now have 25 Int, but still only 8 Wis, so you're a clinically depressed nihilist, trapped in your own inescapable rationalizations with no hope of deriving personal meaning or joy in an indifferent universe
>tfw too smart to live

It litteraly is the case though.
I don't think I'm ugly, and I doubt many anons are, but we're just average, in the 90%. I'm white, shit beard, average face, average height, brown eyes and brown hair. I'm litteraly the average man.

Give me a better apperance any time my dude. That means a better job and a better social life. In our society, that's the be all end all of a good life. My life doesn't suck, far from it, but one's life can always be improved. You just have to learn how to take it, as an objective to achieve rather than an ideal you'll never get. Anyhoo.

>implying 25 Wis leads to this

Nah. If you rationalize, you'll understand that thinking nihilism-way is counter-effective in most of situations. Nihilistic thinking is useful as one of approaches to consider, it's crucial step to thinking more objectively, but if anyone had 25 Int, they'd introspect and understand that rationalization is joy itself.
And as long as we are universe itself too, the only option to change indifferentness of universe toward ourselves is to take care about yourself and everyone who you consider worthy of caring. It's shit and nothing compared to vast amount of "you change nothing, bruh" given by cosmos to us, but it's the biggest impact and biggest importance we can get anyway in given time.

t. Man who would choose wis or int, because he lacks those

Well being very wise would have you reamise you know fuck all compared to the grand scheme of things, even more so if you widen the scale to an international, galactic or even universal one. Hard not to feel insignificant and useless when you consider that.

Magic is much better than charisma in DnD

With 25 charisma, you can convince the wizard to do the magic the way you want him to.

Constitution has no effect on aging, but you'd be able to eat anything, no matter how moldy.

16 WIS is thinking your place in the universe is insignificant, because you are so small and the world is so big.

25 WIS is realizing there is no such thing as a "place" or "significance". Things simply are. And that is alright.

Alternatively with 25 charisma you can cast quite some impressive spells yourself as a sorcerer.

Dexterity. You can build plethora of characters based on Dex, without any other vital main stats. A lot of interesting skills are based on Dex. Dex is just a king of physical stats.

Yeah, godlike accuracy, combat skills, reflexes, flexibility, sneakiness. All good shit and I can't really gain all that with training, unlike strength.

Wisdom, because I have a decent Int and really lack in it. Then I'll use the boost to Willpower to actually do something with my life.

user, that's wisdom. Intelligence is the cold rationality and facts as we know them; but ironically, perfectly intelligent people are also exceedingly proficient at twisting facts, spinning elaborate narratives and rationalizations that can be deceptive. That's because plenty of perfectly intelligent people lack sense. You see these people all the time; they're very smart but they just can't seem to get their lives together, or they're smart and miserable. That's because raw intelligence isn't so useful when it comes to discerning between the things that will help or harm you, and more intelligence isn't going to fix that.

That's wisdom; your senses, your intuition, your discrimination, and your honesty. If Wisdom as a stat serves any role, it's that. Wisdom is the ability to perceive clearly, to read people and the environment, distinguish friends from manipulators, and see through deception, including the most insidious kind of deception, which is self-deception. The smartest people you know who aren't also miserable probably aren't just brainiacs, they would have the Wisdom to match.

>Intelligence is the cold rationality and facts as we know them
>That's wisdom; [...] your discrimination

>Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are intelligence personified
>/pol/ and /int/ are wisdom personified
deepest lore!

>which ability score will you choose and why?
Wisdom for loners, Charisma for socialites.
Maybe Constitution if I wanted to just have fun.

>charisma is only physical appearance

ITT:
>the only reason my life sucks is because I'm ugly and drop spaghetti ;_;

More like
>the only reason my life sucks is because I can't make thousands worship me by just coughing

>charisma is only physical appearance and diplomacy checks
In about 3-4 more posts you will reach what charisma actually means

I'd choose dex, and then i'd use my powers for doing cool parkour stunts

>Take INT
>Devise a means to immortality with my newfound intelligence
>Once that's done with, devise a way to boost other stats up to 25 (STR and CON probably being easiest, followed by DEX and WIS, hardest being CHA)

It might take a hundred or more years but if you're immortal that's no big deal.

Str=15. I weigh over 300lbs and I can easily crush all who stand in my path. If I went to the gym it could easily be higher.

Dex = 10. I am not clumsy and I can easily do a combat roll on the ground if I wanted to.

Con=15. I am over 300 pounds so hardly any amount of blows to my body will move me. Plenty of natural padding and shock absorbtion in a fight.

Int = 16. I know all the D&D rules across multiple editions verbatim. I can easily recall the most obscure rule or spell to apply to any situation. It could easily be higher if I ever felt the need to re-attend and finish university.

Wis = 16. I am an atheist. Given how small an amount of the world populace is also atheist, percentage wise, I believe this rightfully puts me at the better end of the bell curve.

Cha = 15. I regularly seduce many different women over many different online games through just words alone. And it could easily be higher if I ever felt like going on a date in real life.

wow user shower me in more fruits of your WISdom

Continuing: with an excellent stat block like this I only need to maximize Dexterity to become an ideal human being.

Wisdom. I need my will save buffed immensely

Constituton.

Because my families' genetics ensure me dying around 50 years old by either heart attack or cancer.

>When you're fat like Smough but roll like Ornstien

Intelligent people aren't gods, user. Sometimes intelligence merely leads you to bump into the limitations of human ability. Sometimes the answer is "we can't".

You are probably a Czechshit

constitution

Intelligence is the the retention and accumulation of knowledge.

Unless you have an extensive education, a large grant, several hard-working peers, the savy to navigate a skeptical university board of directors and literally decades of research, followed by actual empirical experimentation. You still don't have shit going for you.

The "In a cave, with a box of scraps" meme is real and all the smarts in the world doesn't overcome scarcity.

25 Con is an interesting one. Do we assume the average person has about 6 HP? If so, 25 Con more than doubles your "health".

>25 is a demigod.
Pfffhahahahahaha
Dude, my barb had 46 Str W/O magic items at 12th level, he still neded 8 levels to reach demigod tier

My current 8th level monk has 24 Dex without magic items too

Cha

>My current 8th level monk has 24 Dex without magic items too

So what does he do with this dexterity?
Suck his dick?

>Normal person has AC 10
>25 Dex turns your AC into 17 almost doubling your chances of dodging anything
Might be a good idea

This user gets it.

The only difference between the wise man and a fool is that a wise man knows he knows nothing.

Its probably the biggest downer ever to be that wise especially when you realize the truth that wisdom can't be taught or shared.

Punch pretty hard
>Feat that makes you use Dex to attack and damage

Get Charisma to 25 and you radiate that shit like a black sun of apathy. Drag everyone down to your level and be a king.

2 bullets instead of 1 and a 40% greater chance to overcome disease.

AMAZING!

Buddha shared wisdom fine.

Actually is a great idea, your average dude has a bonus to hit of +0. With AC 17 he only hits you 20% of the time

Probably Charisma.
Time to sell snake oil, become a youtube star, or maybe a televangelist.

Buddha was a hack.

really gets the noggin joggin

>Not teaming up with team USA and the rest of the West.
Doomed to fail eurocuck.

Inteligence, just for all the free bonus languages.

That sounds about right. a 14 in another stat is equivalent to a 120 IQ for int.

Or a bard. They're full casters now and give wizards a run for their money.

Wisdom.
Skill is nothing without the will to use it.

I wouldn't call someone barely in the top 10% a prodigy

Wisdom. Mainly because Wisdom relates to willpower, and with a 25 maybe I'll actually have the motivation to do something.

People aren't, no, but someone with 25 INT would be.
That is smarter than Liches, Dragons (who are claimed to be significantly smarter than humans), Aboleths, timeless brain slugs that have psychic rape powers, and Illithids. In fact, thats 4 higher than a fucking Illithid Elder Brain. You would be on par with a particularly slow Mind from The Culture.

This is d&d intelligence, so as long as you have enough WIS to have common sense you'd be fine. In fact, just having that much INT would make increasing WIS easier.

I always felt like charisma should relate to willpower but whatever.

...and who would? What are you responding to?

Access to information and the ability to process it are two different things. Int, Cha, and Con all have their benefits.

DnD mental stats honestly don't make that much sense

Wasn't the point of the post I responded to that 14 int was actually an incredible feat?

>if you think you've got a score at 14, you're either a prodigy or delusional

Only good answers are INT and CHA.

INT: Best shot wt living forever.

CHA: Won't live forever, but what a ride!

Rest are fun but vastly inferior:

STR: Ultra strong but unattractive just comes off as try hard. Enjoy career as a bricklayer.

WIS: Solomon was the wisest of men, and it only brought him suffering.

DEX: Congrats you're a juggler. Maybe give really good blowjobs.

CON: Oh wow I can eat moldy bread! As long as your con is average+ your lifespan has more to do with lifestyle, money, and habits ie CHA / INT / WIS.

No, it was just to give data that actually maps the ability values to their respective IQ scores, so a fruitless debate can finally be grounded on something and settled. I agree with you.

Ya, not really.
Trying to cram them in a box is bullshit
also, not giving martials some kind of advantages on mental saves and fortitude by default is also bullshit.
They should be a lot harder to disturb and falter due to the immense amount of punishment they have to deal with on almost a daily basis.

After 20 they basically only mean "really good at casting certain types of spells" anyway. It's not like having a high int has ever been free reign to invent whatever you want in character

>STR: Ultra strong but unattractive just comes off as try hard. Enjoy career as a bricklayer.
I dunno, 25 STR with at least a little bit of DEX would give you a pretty good career as a boxer/Muy Thai fighter/wrestler.

Not to mention being the greatest strongman of all time.
25 str is probably the tipping point where you start to be able to wrestle cars, much less people.

If you can't imagine a well paying career from every one of the stats being 25 you're probably just not really trying hard enough, though wisdom would probably be a bit more tricky.

>CON: Oh wow I can eat moldy bread!
And never get drunk, or overdose.

And have sex all night long.

And hold your breath longer. I imagine the biggest perk is you could be one of those rare people that lives to be 100+ while chain smoking and drinking every day

A 5e human with 25 STR and no class abilities or Feats can carry, as in carry around all day long with no side effects, 375 lbs and can push, lift, or drag without a strength check (as in, trivially) 750 lbs, and can make an Athletics check to lift more.

The feat Brawny doubles both numbers, and would presumably be fitting for someone with 25 STR.

The Racial "Powerful Build" doubles that again. Races with Powerful Build are 7-8 feet tall, so if you'd have it or not depends on if your apothesis includes getting hueg.

The Bear Totem doubles this a third time, though requires spiritual attunement to a bear spirit.

A Bear Barbarian Golaith with 25 STR can carry without effort 3000 lbs, and can push, drag, or lift without needing a check 1500 lbs.

Wisdom covers medicine in 5e so yeah. I bet someone with 25 WIS would make a great therapist too.

25 Con.
>infinite stamina lets me build Str and Dex the old fashioned way without my existing physical problems
>11-13 Int already and I think better innawoods or innadesert
>Cha rises as a function of Cha-dness
>Wis rises with life experience

All I can think about in terms of modern 25 wisdom guy is some sort of celebrity guru

Wisdom is also the perception and sense motive stat. You'd probably make a pretty good detective.

Or a super good poker player

>Int is a waste because we already have all human knowledge accessible at our finger tips
That's not why it's a waste. Plenty of people are still ignorant fools despite this.

Getting int higher than mid-teens is a waste because it doesn't guarantee anyone will do anything for you. You can have all the brains in the world, but unless you have a PhD or piles of grant-money, you might as well not exist as far as the scientific community is concerned.

Charisma is external willpower - that is, your ability to influence other people and your environment. But wisdom is what gets you out of bed in the morning.

>wisdom would probably be a bit more tricky.
Consultant, therapist, guru, detective, anything that relies on perception(photographer, maybe?)...

constitution, I can hit the gym for strength and keep going for my masters, maybe even get a bachelors in education after military service.
youtube.com/watch?v=y5cVumvzY5c

>he doesn't know about the positive correlation between being intelligent and being depressed
Ignorance really IS bliss.