Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Titus did nothing wrong Edition

>Space Marine Codex Preview
imgur.com/a/J8agS

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/18/chapter-focus-white-scars-july18gw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are the chances the Shai-Hulud Rape Van gets rules in 8e? I plan on running it counts-as a valkyrie for an Inquisitor's transport cause the model is so fucking cool but would prefer neato rules

Stratagems relics galor!
First thoughts?

Alright anons, start transcribing Strategems, Relics and Powers.

Like this. Anyone got a guide or an image of a painted model?

I believe forgeworld already said they aren't.

hello m8`s, i have a few questions and i hope you can answer them for me

How much terrain do you usually use ?
How much of it is LOS blocking ?
How much do you depend on terrain ?

I stopped watching because of the announcers but that makes me sad....

So how big will you CHAD UP ?
Im preordering 2 repulsor, 3 Chaddread, 3 reiver squad and 2 Agressor squad for sure

Well, FW would be idiots not to make rules for HH units in 8th.... But its FW

Repoatan.
Got a rare 3 day weekend and nobody around to play. Anyone in the Southern VT, Western MA, Northern CT area for a few scraps?

I'd rather not beg for pickups

So to continue, Deathwatch and Grey Knights are really cool and I like their models and colors. But on board, picking from these two - which one would you recommend?

Base coat mepheston red wash in naggeroth night highlight jokaro orange.

so.... I hear the White Scars are finally getting Dreadnoughts

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/18/chapter-focus-white-scars-july18gw-homepage-post-3/

>One pack of tacs and one of Sterns
Was gonna start collecting my army right before 8E was leaked.. Anons promised much wouldn't change but once they leaked I put it on hold.

Pic is shit as it's getting dark and the ceiling light is broken
Also don't have PSD installed atm and idk how to change res etc in mspaint

1. Go to retirement home
2. Set up board
3. Yell at old people till they understand whats going on
4.???
5.PROFIT

Finished my Bell Boy.

Not as good as I'd hoped but still decent IMO.

Starting on the plaguecaster. Ideas for the spell he casts?

>mfw imagining scourges in these colours

Psychic Powers

>Veil of Time WC6(?): Reroll charges
>Might of Heroes WC6: +1 S/T/A to the model
>Psychic Scourge WC6: your ld+D6 vs enemy ld+d6. If it's greater enemy takes D3 mortal wounds, if it's equal enemy takes one mortal wound
>Fury of the Ancients WC7: Beam. Roll 3d6. Pick enemy unit within that many inches and draw an imaginary line towards it. Each enemy unit under the line takes a mortal wound.
>Psychic Fortress WC5: Unit can auto-pass moral tests and ignores mortal wounds from spells on 4+
>Null Zone WC8: Enemy in 6" around psyker can't take invulnerable saves and must halve their casting rolls

>25mm bases fit nicely inside the chimera section
>retarded 50km bases can't fit properly inside the trench section

I work in retirement homes and you don't want any memory care residents near your precious plastic crack.

Bollocks, of course I post as the thread dies. Basically I'd like to know A) what do the Skitarii have as their preferred anti-armour weaponry nowadays and perhaps B) which is a good anti-armour/heavy knight to accompany an infantry heavy Skitarii army? I'm thinking about a big showy centerpiece for my infantry to fight around (at least, until we get any word on some kind of Admech transport)

SM: July 29th
CSM+GK: August 19th
DG: September 23rd
T'AU+AM: October 7th
TYRANID+BA: November 11th
NECRONS+TS: December 9th

yeah, its a shame that some bases just straight hinder placing models in good positions

Started collecting in feb, spent about £1500 in total.

All Dark Angel HQs (sammael, belial, azrael, 3 integ chaplains, ezekiel)
Dark vengence
dark imperium
Shadow War
dark angel gaunlet squad
ven dread
dev squad
2 scouts
assault marines
2 vets
2 black knights
dark shroud
ravenwing pack with black knights, assault bike and land speeder
librarian on a bike from bits on ebay
deathwing knights
termies
land raider
prim librarian
prim capatain
first assault starter set
termie librarian

think thats everything, plus tons of paints, brushes, palette pad, tools etc.

is this a lot for someone starting in feb or average?

I realize this. My great grandmother lived in one for a few before she died. Place was so fucking depressing.

i was hoping user didnt know :^)

*interrupts your ritual*

25mm bases are the best. Anyone that says otherwise does not play the game

Reposting once because the last thread died soon after my initial post.

Here's my current 1500 point Dark Angels list

Dark Angels Spearhead Detachment +1CP
HQ
*Azrael (+1 CP)

Troops
*Scout Squad w/Camo cloaks
**1x Scout (Heavy bolter)
**8x (Sniper rifle)
**Scout Sergeant w/Combat knife, Combi-flamer

Heavy Support
*6-man Devastator Squad w/Armorium Cherub
**4x (Plasma Cannon)
**Sergeant w/Chainsword, Combi-flamer

**4x (Missile launcher)

**2x (Lascannon)
**2x (Heavy bolter)

Dark Angels Vanguard Detachment +1CP
HQ
*Company Master w/Combi-plasma, Relic blade

Elites
*Apothecary

*Company Veterans
**4x Space Marine Veterans w/Chainsword, Plasma gun
**Veteran Sergeant w/Chainsword, Plasma gun

*Venerable Dreadnought w/Missile launcher, Twin lascannon

Dedicated Transport
*Razorback w/Twin lascannon

Company Master rolls with the plasmagun Veterans in the Razorback while Azrael and the Apothecary babysit the Devastators and Dreadnought. Scouts can join Azrael's parking lot, can sit on an objective, or can deny tablespace to would-be deep strikers, depending on the match-up.

What do you think?

true, everything smaller than a terminator fits on a 25mm base

No need to parade your homosexuality in Veeky Forums

jesus. How many points is that though? And shadow war is non essential

>Relics Strategem: 1/3CP for 1/2 more Relics
>Vindicator Strategem: 1CP. Select a point within 24" from Vindicators, every unit withing 3" from that point take 3d3 mortal wounds on a 4+(5+ for characters, 3+ for 10+ units).
>Pred Strategem: 1CP. +1 to hit/wound when targeting vehicles/monsters

These are really damn cool, actually.

The relics are all "Sword +1" or "Armor +1" really. Dreadfully boring.

The Stratagems are 7e copypasta.

Orbital Bombardment or Chapter Master are the best all-around; Orbital Bombardment gives Stormraven lists some more shooting/a workaround for no Snipers. Killshot is ok if you take 3 Preds (well, 4 to avoid alphastrikr). Everything else is shit.

4/10, try harder GW.

Everything fits in a 25mm base! Even stuff like Knights, you just need TWO bases

How much have you painted?

Egyptian christmas Confirmed

Is it chad or virgin if you do an entire piece of research coursework in 12 hours using totally fabricated data, but get the highest marks in the class and end up being held up as a shining example of how to perform and present a project because you tailored literally everything from the data itself to your interpretation of it to relentlessly pander to the personal biases of your professor?

>Chapter Master: Turn your Captain into Chapter Master. Reroll all to hit within 6.
>Ultra's Strategem: 1CP to give unit reroll 1 to hit
>Orbital Bombardment: 3CP. Select a point, all unit within D6 take D3 Mortal Wound on a 4+.
>Cluster Mines: 1CP. When Scout Bike are falling back, enemy takes D3 mortal wound on a 2+
>Born In Saddle: 1CP. White Scars Bikers can shoot and charge after advancing.
>

Overachieving chad. If that even makes sense

Necrons with
Gold instead of silver
Purple instead of green
Black and white to taste

Is this a garbage paint scheme

So clearly the dakkademptor is pretty good but I would like to highlight that the macro plasma is actually pretty good when overcharged. Its essentially D6 lascannon shots that have an extra AP in exchange for 1.5 average damage per shot. Being able to reroll that D6 for shot amounts can make that fairly reliable, plus it'll still have non trivial anti infantry capability.

About 6500 I think. Shadow War I played shit tons with a friend. Wanted scenery and that worked.

20 tactical marines
3 ravenwing bikes
6 termies
Belial
5 deathwing knights
librarian
1 company master
guilliman (forgot to add triumv of the primach)
3 ravenwing knights
1 librarian on bike
2 devs
all 10 vets
all marines from dark vengence
10 scouts from shadow war

think thats everyone off the top of my head.

Neutron laser

Patrician as fuck

Having played 20ish games of 8e with my Orkz now I could answer any questions my fellow WAAAGH lads have.

definitely grabbing 2 reivers and 2 aggressors, not quite sold on the repulsor or dread, need to see overlord first

When you move you will be taking mortal wounds on 2s.

Black Templar relic is apparently +3'' to Auras, so a chaplain can be bootleg Grimaldus and your Marshall has a 9'' bubble to his re-roll to hit bubble. Its fine, I think you can also have more than one relic so it might be a good thing to have on an Ancient with the relic Standard.

if you do it right it would be hilarious

So would a good start do a deldar force be an SC and a box of scourges?

Also, what are some cool kabal colour schemes to do?

Eyo, Southern VT here. I'm new though and don't have much of anything, unfortunately.

Its got the range that you should be able to stand still after turn 1 t b h.

Except the Predator and Vindicator require you to have 3 of a kind before activating.

>that level of assmad

And I thought this place was filled with insufferable autists.

Luke is a fucking faggot if he wanted psyker he shouldnt have picked the BT, now they have the best anti-psyker buff short of Sisters of Silence.

>Was guided to Reddit to find Chinaman details by helpful anons
>Never been to Reddit so not sure what to expect. Could it really be that bad?
>Come across pic related immediately

Also for a board dedicated to buying bootleg minis they sure are self-righteous

Where abouts are we on power ranking?

How are Meganobz?

Best victory?

Worst loss?

yes

How are Valkyries this edition? I'm thinking of taking a couple with 1 Company Commander and 2 Command Squads with Plasma in each. I also plan on taking 2 extra commanders to give orders to 4 Lascannon Heavy Weapon Squads to support from the back with the rest of the army if I need 1 officer per command squad.

BT relic is pretty sweet.

Shield eternal is probably going to be popular again, depending on points cost. Halving damage taken seems pretty amazing.

waac fag mad. He probably posts here

Some of the shit that appears on the FB groups I'm part of makes me think Hitler was right

Outstanding.

>1CP. Sternguards add +1 to their wound roll
>Black Templars get to stop spells on 4+ with 1 CP
>Super Psyker: 1CP. Psyker can cast additional power. That power gets +2 to its casting roll
>Whirlwind Strategem: 1CP to auto-hit units that are within 12" from a Land Speeder
>Hellfire Shells. 1CP, model can only make a single attack, but if it hits enemy takes D3 mortal wounds.
>Iron Hands one: 1CP so vehicle ignore weapon penalties
>Salamanders Strategem: 1CP so unit gets +1 to wound with flame weapons

Yes?

>I've run the numbers
>Numbers status: Run
>Army status: garbo

Aren't they literally the formation bonus' from 7th?
Underwhelming.

Yes you can spend CP to have multiple relics.

>Mostly painted
You're a-ok in my book, user

Reddit is for real cancer. Check out the worldbuilding subreddit if you want to see some real dumb autistic Veeky Forums related shit.

they're pretty good, plasmas good with them but so are meltas, especially with rerolls.

>Aren't they literally the formation bonus' from 7th?
Literally? No. Effectively? Yes.

Having 12 lascannons hit and wound on 2s is some serious bullshit.

>spend CP and psyker powers to delete units
jesus christ, they really don't want chaos to win konor

Im solid on the purple and gold but I dont know if anything is better than black and white for the extra colors I may need

>worldbuilding subreddit
Oh god I'd rather not

COME ON POST A FULLY READABLE LEAK NOT THIS SHIT FOR ANTS

That's a good start, but not quite an army yet. Double it to 2 Start Collecting and 2 boxes of scourges and you've got a solid core.

yeah I think those 4 command point vanguard lists are going to disappear real quick

That's a cool sub, and gets linked from here all the time.

My deldar are black, gold, and purple. I add some details of really bright color to brighten them, so i can see white working

So the GK codex will literally be three new psychic powers, the stratagems, the relics, and the warlord trait? I'm not expecting a hobby section either since it wasn't in sm codex. Wtf gw.

We're top tier for sure, not the GREATEST OF ALL TIME, but a good list will smash some shits

MANZ are good to shove right up someones ass in a transport to delete a unit, not for much else because they are slow bastards

Best Victory I've had was a game last month, I played a newish Space Wolf guy, and he made the mistake of ignoring my Morkanaut as it walked up on him, instead trying to wipe out as many boyz as he could. Well the fucker caught up with him and it alone killed a Land Raider, ten termies, and almost two dozen tacticals, it also slapped around a rhino to the point where it was useless

Worst loss I've had was against my scion buddy, I went full tilt towards his wall of Tauroxs, only to have all his dude blobs drop in right behind me. So my army was caught between a wall of armor and a bunch of plasma/volleygun armed assholes with nothing but a 5+ invulvn from my mek shields, didn't end well

checked, he's still going

All these leaks and I still got no idea what warlord trait BT have.

Not enough for even a Patrol Detatchment? Every game you play is experience, friend

>assblasted

To be fair three new psychic powers and strategems could bump GKs up an entire tier if they're anything like the marine ones.

Luke is a fucking nigger, you dont stop smite with that you stop whatever buff they are attempting, warp time? DENIED! They can only attempt it once per turn and so can the stratagem, its pretty fucking useful and better than having a psyker of your own and if he doesnt like it then take another.

Luke aint my battle-knigga.

GW told us up front that strategems were the way they were going to try to offset unit spam and imperial soup.

The issue im having is what color to do the head crest with since im using gold for the main silver components. I think the black would be too stark but maybe if I did the hilighting like the vehicles so an edge of purple it could look okay

>Enemy Magnus tries to charge in
>Deny his Warptime
>Shoot him dead

wonder if there is a free rhino one we haven't seen yet.

Fuck me for not believing, I guess.

Do you mean Drakenhof Nightshade? Naggaroth night is a purple base paint

I won't bother doing Relics, since most are souped up weapons, guns or armor.