Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1626: Child Of Kars-Jumper Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Let's all go to SpaceBattles!

Yes let's do that. You first.
Forgive me if I do not follow.

Does it let you inherit his posing powers?

What is your Jumper's favorite sandwich? Do they make it themselves, have a food replicator make one, or some sort of CP bought infinite supply?

Cheeseburgers.

I'd rather go back to where I came from

I do have a Stand. But it does not stand beside me. It is not an ability I have. It is elsewhere. Behind me. Beyond.

[When Something Else Cries...]

I am the only one left alive.

Jumpers, for those of you who take berserker rage/losing control/any mental disorder that makes you prone to violence drawbacks, how do your companions deal with the rampaging Jumper?

Also I tried. However I couldn't get through S1 of Supergirl. So I'm dropping it. She's just so boring. Almost everyone was boring. Also very SJW for no reason.

If people want I could add races to Arrowverse jump. Kryptonian/Daxamite, Super Gorilla, Green/White Martian, Misc Alien (Basically you're an alien but only in appearance nothing special beyond looking alien).

The warm and comforting arms of the thread?

How's your jump going btw?

Cheese sandwitch from the ffxi jump, it is literally the best cheese sandwich of all time.

I still have hopes that someday NewerBee will update the jump and add it.

Tell me about your OC companions.

My jumper is a yandere, so gestures of love are the only way to calm them down when I take a drawback to reinforce it.

Give it time. There's no reason not to anymore when we can devour galaxies and blow up universes.

They're loyal. They walking bags of CP. I like them. Kinda.

You posted it. In fact, that's one of my favorite foods period.

I have like a billion daughters.

Big Belly Burger was one of the best purchases I ever made. It even comes with unlimited fountain drinks!

I use a food replicator to replicate the meat, which is of my own design and created for the purpose of being delicious, and then use an assortment of infinite food items and my leveled up cooking skill to make a cheeseburger

No, Reddit, although I do prefer jc despite how infuriating the people here can be sometimes. If you're talking about LDM, it's on hiatus for a few months due to some recent events in the story that I feel I need to read through first

We already could did that when he did the jump. And a year ago. And probably a lot earlier.

Tell us of them in great detail, one by one.

>Fountain drinks
But does it clean the machines?

So here's my Bone jump again. I just want to make sure that everything looks okay, so please let me know if there are still problems with it.

Thanks for trying, Manyfist.
Those race options look pretty nice.

You crazy son.

>What was your servant? Or what servant class were you? Which Grail War did you participate in?

My Servant in the Fifth Grail War was Caster. She was a bit of a pain, what with the betrayal in the middle of putting my plans in motion, but she eventually came around to my way of thinking.

What jumps even offer oc companions?

Birthdays must be difficult for you manage. The sheer logistics of it...

Is cartilage present?

The power of wood clones. I also took as many parenting perks as the chain has to help shore things up.

Astolfo.

Larfleeze race option? I mean the immortality of his kind alone would be worth it.

It's coming, it's coming... I'm just working on other Jumps alongside Bane.

Stand Name: 『Magic Carpet Ride』

Destructive Capacity: C
Speed: A
Range: C
Durability: B
Precision: A
Development Potential: A

Stand Ability: 『Magic Carpet Ride』 has the ability to perpetuate and reproduce supernatural events or feats which cannot be attributed by the laws of science and are believed to be supernatural in origin by anyone inside of its effective range. The ability has near infinite potential and is capable of accomplishing almost anything but comes with many stringent limitations that stop it from being essentially all-powerful. While the Stand is almost unlimited in its power and potential, capable of reconstructing almost any event which is ascribed to the supernatural by anyone within its range, it is limited to events which the user can convince others are supernatural or that they already believe are supernatural. In order to make a playing card actually disappear, for example, the user would need to convince at least a single person within their range of several meters that the playing card has disappeared and that it was the work of magical forces. The effect persists even outside of its range once an action is performed but will cease if the individuals who bought into its authenticity are convinced beyond doubt that the event was not supernatural in origin.

Mind posting what you have for bane currently? It's more to save me from archive spelunking.

Is the LN translated really slowly?

Not really, it gets at least 1 chapter a week and more if the translator gets donations, but it's still a little over 30 chapters behind and some things have been introduced that I feel are pretty important and necessary for me to understand beforehand

I'd rather not, it's a little bare bones at the moment. I've switched over to a 100/100/200/200/400/400/600/600 model for the Origin perks, which are quite far from readable.

Did he show up in Arrowverse/Supergirl?

I get the impression you guys don't put a lot of thought into your companions.

There are tons of OC companions offered. Look at lower powered and generic jumps.

No, QQ is better.

[shitpost]Not really[/shitpost]

Why not make it a holiday, The day of Birth, once a year everyone gets together to exchange presents. Like xmas only no tree.

Could you describe your stand without flowery language, for people who aren't familiar with the bookds?

I've got no clue what the fuck Beyond stands are supposed to be.

I do mostly OC companions and we have formed a mighty guild of people most likely to accidentally a whole city.

That and It feels like a lot of the canon character options are just for waifu/husbando stuff and I'm too boring for that.

No but it could come under Misc. I mean it is literally just an extended lifespan.

So using I Need More, I Want More, I Will Have More from JoJo and then eating a bunch of Devil Fruits from One Piece. Good idea or great idea?

>Pic unrelated.

How would muggles react if I exposed the Magical world to them as part of the scenario in cool cats Jump? If they were made aware of the abilities of Wizards and Witches.

New jojo jump. Should have specified that.

It's basically the Author. Your life and fate become entwined with specific genre conventions or a set of rules. Like your life becoming one of a Detective - you always have murders happen nearby, and happen to always find just enough clues to find the perpetrator.

Probably start a war. It'll get exposed in like 10 years anyway. I mean how the fuck do they expect to hide from millions of cameras?

If you just dropped it on them without preparation? Probably WW3.

Varied. Differenct nations, different cultures, different religions, different people. It's not an easy thing to predict, but overall, I'd say badly. Most religions won't like magic being real. Most egomaniacial people don't like not being as 'special'. And most of the 'muggle' world is capitalst/consumerist and so would look to exploit or destroy magic.
You may want to get your jumper to control the reaction rather than just try to mange the reactions.

In the US:
"So, mind controlling wizards have been erasing our memories, altering our historical records to remove all mention of themselves, and keeping super cures for everything from AIDs to cancer for themselves?"
"According to [insert popular media figure], yeah."
"Well, shit. Grab your guns, we're gonna stake out [insert publicly known wizard sighting location]."

>super cures for everything from AIDs to cancer
Hmm? I don't recall that. Cite, please?

Annette already got the explanation for what Beyonds are, so... my Beyond makes me a character in a tragedy. But while I am the character our dear readers follow, I am not the actual subject of said tragedies, merely someone who observes the tribulations of others. The entire thing is heavily inspired by Umineko, as you might guess by its name.

Without some sort of common enemy: badly.
If you want to be a moral ambiguous villain, make a enemy that requires everyone to unite to beat. Sure there will still be a shitshow, but a common enemy brings people together.

>If people want I could add races to Arrowverse jump.
Please don't. If you're not going to make it, then leave it open for someone else.

>expecting media to cite sources
They live for 120+ years, ofc people are going to think they have super-cures.

That WAS supposedly one of the reasons they kept up the masquerade. Somethingsomething Rowling said at some point "a muggle with a shotgun would win every time". The truth coming out in a culture where anyone can get a gun would be bad news for wizards.

Pulled Jewel meat in King vinegar sauce with Velveeta.
My wife is a God of evolution/adaptation and imprisonment ,and that copy. I made of Gen-san I use as a conscience can literally lock me out of my motor functions in case things go to overboard.

Very cynical, aren't we?

How would you wage a war around the fact that certain, probably impossible to find, members of your country are low level reality warpers and mages? What would the common man actually do? How would governments be able to react?

>Velveeta
Everything you post makes me hate you even more.

That and how bullshit amazing the rest of their medical magic is, yeah, I'm inclined to agree, that facts aside, it would probably be assumed that they things that amazing and kept to themselves.

>"a muggle with a shotgun would win every time".
>Unless there are Vernon Dursley and the wizard is half-Gitant
FTFY or FTF-Mrs-Rowling

Many 'common men' would probably be amazed and fascinated. I know I would be if magic was somehow real. It's the people in power that would be shitting themselves over it.

Nukes, mass mobilization of secret services, looking for wizards and such that would be willing to help you find them, looking into all the old myths and fairy tales. Use your imagination it's not fucking difficult.

>"a muggle with a shotgun would win every time"
Never happened. Seriously, prove it, or stop using this meme.

Not all of us want to use thoughtless generators for our companions, sir.

All it takes is one wizard to tell you where the others are. Then it's just a matter of carpet bombing.

Mostly the fact that the wizard government is very corrupt and/or incompetent during the time of the setting.

Even if wizards did get there shit together, muggles still have technology that most UK wizards simply aren't aware of.

That said, we dont know much about the rest of the world and they could stand much better at hiding themselves.

Against what? You think any head of state would nuke their own cities on the off hand chance there are some Wizards there?

A Pyrrhic victory for mundane people is some real fanfiction BS

To be fair, Hagrid looks like he could take a couple shotgun blasts.

Also it's not like Rowling doesn't say shit that she contradicts herself on all the fucking time.

Do you stat everything up in GURPS for your jumps?

It's probably not incorrect though

Protego
Effects: Magically blocks spells & physical entities.

It's a magical shield. It blocks things. Why wouldn't it block bullets?

Voldemort did nothing wrong.

Maybe, but it'd probably be more accurate to say "a muggle with a shotgun could win every time".

I believe the argument assumes neither of them prepared, it's just in a vacuum, and a guy with a shotgun could aim and fire faster than a wizard could get relevant spells out, or something.

Except maybe trying to kill a baby. That was kind of wrong.

Funny how we never heard about any wizard ever being killed by a muggle with a firearm, even Death Eaters who preyed on muggles.

Just by the Fred and George novelty hats. You know, the ones that keep you shielded with a simple Protego wherever you go.

Even if they were prepared a farmer could pull the trigger faster than a wizard could cast a spell.

Welp senpai I'm walking away from this project for awhile.

Lost the motivation and creativity to continue it, If anyone wants to finish or just look and giggle, its cool.

They don't need to hit the cities. Aim for the schools. Hell Hogwarts is in the middle of the scottish highlands. I come from Scotland, there is literally fuck all that will be missed up there. With the schools gone, a number of generations of wizards go with them.

I run three iterations, and take what's most appropriate.

I am for this chain, yeah. It'll help me get a handle on GURPS, I hope.

That would assume the wizard prepared ahead of time though.

Assuming preparation, the user above you mentions a solution to that problem.

First: Kek

Second: Looking forward to cursed fire in dense population centres soon after...

yeah, I don't go for fancy things the cheese that pushes the Cheese button on my taste buds. The hardest is the one I want

>even Death Eaters who preyed on muggles.
Happened in England. You know, the place where you can't buy a butter knife if you don't have a license.

Something else to bear in mind, that in a true vacuum they'd only have the tools and stuff they'd normally have on them. Wizards always have their wands on them, but very few muggles always carry firearms on them.

As a fellow Scot, I'd ask you kindly not to recommend people to bomb our counties fictional counterparts based on so-called shortcomings of our actual nation.
there is a lot more than 'fuck all' in Scotland, lad.

Is it ever actually SHOWN to block physical objects though?
Even if it does, it's a spell that (by all accounts) has to be continually cast or is a one and done. It's not like you can cast it when you wake up and be safe the entire day. So that means that in the time it takes the wizard (remember, we're talking average wizard not highly trained wizard James Bond or whatever) to 1) recognize that there's an immediate threat, 2) bring up their wand from wherever it's stashed, 3) determine that the Protego is the best course of action, 4)enunciate the spell; all in the time it takes the muggle to bring up his weapon and pull the trigger. That's...unlikely.

Of course, that's even before you get to the fact that the majority of wizards (at least in Bongland) seem to be incompetant. Remember, the MoM bought a fuckton of PRANK ITEMS from the twins specifically because a lot of it's members can't do a shield spell

Never said fuck all in Scotland mate. Said there was fuck all in the highlands.

Protego maxima probably could but the whole point of Fred and George's protective clothing line was that most wizards didn't learn the spell-

-that said, doesn't the protective clothing only work on spells?

That said the real issue, in my opinion, is training. Im fairly certain that in a one on one duel between a combat trained wizard and a combat trained muggle, the wizard is more likely to win.

That said there are more muggles than wizards, muggles are cheating bastards, and we don't know how much of the world's wizards are combat trained.

Remember the time scale, user. Things were a lot looser regulated back then. But if you are right anyway, then isn't the idea that muggles with shotguns could stand a chance against wizards pointless if no significant number of muggles can even get a hold of them?

Bu.. But the bonnie scenery. The heather and the wee bunies. Think of the wee bunnies, lad. Think o' the hills and valleys and lochs!

Which one of us is you senpai?

Point. So Dumbledore, Voldemort and I would be fine. The high ranking Aurors and Death Eaters would be fine. As would anyone else in the competent minority, but Stan Shunpike and the bellboy at the Ministry would be less so.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure this is before that was a thing.
That being said, as far as I know, it was never super popular to have a pistol for home defense in Jolly Old.

Also, we know exactly nothing about how the Death Eaters conducted their attacks, but in all likelyhood, they did it in the middle of the night or didn't even bother breaking in and just fiendfyre' the place

There are too many fucking hills and all that. Mate a new Scottish grand crater would be a much bigger attraction.

"Here lies a bunch of dead Wizards, fuckers never helped." sitting on a sign at the edge of the crater.

*your

Deserved.

why all jumpers are my senpai.

The more senpai's that notice me and my work make me blush, thankyou for asking.

>Jumper picks a harem genre Beyond
>nothing changes