EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Pappy Markov Discovered His Son Getting Stoned" Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Has your opinion of C17 changed at all with this latest announcement?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/gOoRw
magic.wizards.com/en/products/commander-2017
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Has your opinion of C17 changed at all with this latest announcement?

What announcement?

imgur.com/a/gOoRw

gib

We have the art for the remaining two commanders.

i aint clicking that shit nigga

Cancer-free edition (OK it was made by mistake but that's a reason to not delete it.)

No so much an announcement as another potential mishap.

They, possibly inadvertently, revealed the artwork for the remaining two cover cards. One seems to be Edgar Markov, or perhaps Runo Stromkirk, which would obviously make the tribe Vampires. The other is a bit more ambiguous, but common guesses as Clerics, Wizards, or Rogues.

Gib URW tribal Wall commander

It pisses me off Wizards isn't releasing spoilers so everyone will be forced to scramble and preorder in hopes of getting anything at all before they cut production months before they should

Alright then stay uninformed.

>be on an image board
>post imgur link
yeah no

Since I have wanted to build a Vampire EDH deck for a while, definitely

Between the BW Vampires lately and the upcoming W Vampires in Ixalan, it's looking very likely Vampires are going to be Mardu.

literally the point of this website is posting images
what is this imgur shit?

Literally there's more than one picture and someone already made an album.

yeah I know I looked at them
but you are still a low agency faggot for not posting them to the thread
especially considering they are not long for this world on that link

id correct your mistakes but im at work

>they are not long for this world on that link

What nonsense are you on about?

It should have been rats, skeletons, or oozes.

it will be shoah'd before this thread hits bump limit

Leaks get culled from imgur pretty quickly.

>Leaks get culled pretty quickly
>That Imgur's been up for 16 hours
>They're straight from Wizard's site for C17

>No birds to show us how big those dragons are

They're cat sized for all we know

thank you!

In the picture there are tons of birds they are just so small you can't see them

wheres the link to wizard's?

Literally just the Commander 2017 page

magic.wizards.com/en/products/commander-2017

>Wizards of the Coast
>Magic: The Gathering
>Upcoming Products
>Commander 2017
Don't be an faggot. Takes 10 seconds.

take note kids, this is exactly how NOT to give out information
note the disjointed style and assumption that everyone knows the information already

Rogues. Please please please Rogues. I need a Dimir counterpart to Edric.

>I'm too fucking lazy to click a link that takes me off the current page I'm on

>needing to be spoonfed information
>complaining that people don't assume that you're bumfuck retarded
Go whine more.

>giving up on the Ninja dream

You gotta believe, user.

>Go whine more.
believe you me I will

>hey guys did you hear the new announcement
>no what is it
>pics
>hey these leaks might be removed
>URA DUMBFUK FOR NOT KNOWING THE SOURCE

I don't have to do anything. Let me die, like my dreams before me.

calm down you baboon

>Thread Question:
Nope. I was skeptic from the start, but if the vampire ends up being Edgar and being mardu, I'll gladly give in to the jew overlords.
On the other hand. I hope we get interesting reprints.

When nobody expects it, no decklist, nothing. A hidden, secret deck

A 5th deck will appear out of nowhere in game stores. Ninjas!

What's with Ahrabo's face? It's like someone's is taking his temperature at the vet.

I think the idea is the clerics image has ninja esque people behind her

So, how many redditors will use this as their vampire alt?

>UB ninjas
I wish.

Why can't O-Kagachi be better?

Is there any way to feasibly use Brisela in EDH? I debated tossing her into Athreos where Bruna has plenty of Human targets.

>Is there any way to feasibly use Brisela in EDH? I debated tossing her into Athreos where Bruna has plenty of Human targets.
yes use the smaller CMC among them in a mono white tax deck

Bruna in the command zone, they don't work great as a secret commander largely because they don't do enough to merit the tutors

i feel like i've seen this art or lady before but i cant put my finger on it

just me?

Because wizards hates kamigawa and they're going have have nuphyrexia clean up the multiverse of all these old planes they care nothing for, including lorwyn/shadowmoor.

She reminds me very vaguely of Karametra's Acolyte.

Yeah compared to how grand he supposedly was in Kamigawa flavor he seems a bit...petty?
Anyways, it's an actual 5c spirit and also from Kamigawa so time to make casual spirit/arcane pile.

Looks feasible to assemble in Sisay maybe.

So.. why was Nahiri a dick here?

I'll try this again. Is there any way to use Liliana, Heretical Healer and Mikaeus the Unhallowed in combination with one another?

Use Lil as Commander and just run Mikey. Pretty basic.

Sorin locked her in the Helvault for thousands of years.

Have them both on the field at the same time

>thousands of years
It wasn't THAT long.

and why was Sorin a dick?

The face markings are a little familiar.

hm. not what i had in mind. Might just be thinking of "black and purple liliana promo #924686"

Are you talking about the interaction of Lili's ult and Mikaeus' reanimation ability? You should be able to stack the triggers in whatever manner is favorable to you (i.e. if you want the counter then stack undying first and if you don't want the counter then Lili's ult first).

Nahiri, Ugin, and Sorin made a deal that they'd seal away the Eldrazi on Zendikar. Nahiri would watch over them, and if they ever threatened to break free she'd call the others and they'd do it again. She then went into hibernation for a few millennia to keep watch. The Eldrazi weakened their prisons, she woke up, called the other two, but they never showed up, because Ugin was dead and Sorin had blocked off all contact on Innistrad. She sealed the Eldrazi by herself then went to look for them. Found Sorin as he was finishing the Helvault, asked him to come back and help check the leylines and hedrons, he went full "nothing personnel" on her, saying that he didn't care about his promise, she attacked him, he and Avacyn locked her in the Helvault. Insult to injury, when Thalia broke the vault and she got out and returned to Zendikar, it was too late, and the Eldrazi had already gigafucked it. She figured she'd return the favor, killed his family, locked him in stone, and brought Emrakul to ruin his plane.
It was a bit under 1000 years, story is Stone and Blood from Eldritch Moon.

Because Nahiri wanted him to do shit on Zendikar. He had better shit to do and told her to fuck off. She got violent, Avacyn showed up, and Nahiri got locked up.

Then later when she got out Nahiri went back to Zendikar, saw the Eldrazi basically destroyed it, blamed Sorin, and led Emrakul to Innistrad as payback. Also she destroyed his home and servants for further revenge.

Oh also she trapped Sorin in stone and left. Then Olivia laughed at him and took his sword. Sorin is still there.

Disciple of Deceit?

The vampire is definitely Edgar. We haven't seen him obv but Runo would have to have a certain aethetic due to his thematic leanings. Also don't think they'd do gold eyes + silver hair unless they wanted relation to Sorin. Sweet art though. Not the slightest clue on the other character though, but Clerics seems the safest guess.

Yes you have

That's so not cool.

To be fair, and I say this as a fan of Sorin? He brought it on himself.

Nahiri tried to get Sorin to help because the seal on the Eldrazi was acting up. When Sorin didn't come help, she was afraid he was dead, so she went to Innistrad. Turns out Sorin just got done making the Helvault and Avacyn, and the Helvault was what blocked Nahiri's call for help.

Sorin didn't apologize or act particularly concerned about the accidental blindspot, so Nahiri got upset. Nahiri decided Sorin was being too dismissive of her because he didn't respect her as a planeswalker, so she attacked him to prove herself. Avacyn intervened to protect Sorin and Nahiri was going to attack her, so Sorin stuffed her in the Helvault to keep her from injuring or destroying Avacyn.

Both of them were huge twats and it upset a lot of people that the conflict that led to all this was altogether rather petty.

Oh, forgot that she also drove Avacyn mad before doing the rest.

I actually don't remember if she purposefully knew the cryptoliths would fuck up the angels or if it was a happy accident. I feel like she had to have known since Avacyn was the one keeping Emrakul from getting in, but I seem to recall it being said somewhere that it was specifically an unintended side effect.

I'd say she went a little overboard on her revenge. Does she have a right to fight Sorin? Sure. To fuck up his whole plane? No, that's just being petty. So typical Oldwalker stuff. She didn't even check the rest of Zendikar to see if it was intact. She saw one wasteland, thought the whole place was ruined, and went off to fuck shit up.

She fucked up his plane because he locked in a hellish emptiness where she was feeling demons and shit she couldn't even see, and she thought he left her plane to die. But the initial interaction was very petty yes.

I can see both sides of the story, but Nahiri's case is a LOT stronger than Sorin's. She's the one who starts the fight, but
>"Don't presume to own my actions, young one. I am obligated to nothing. I owe you nothing! When your Planeswalker spark first ignited, it was I who discovered you. I could have ended you there, but I spared you."
His defense is that he didn't kill her when they first met so he's all good.
No, she wakes up on Akoum which was rather wrecked but intact, and then goes to Bala Ged which had been erased.

Yeah, but that's not an actual justification. It's like if you were mad at your former friend Dan from Wyoming, so you destroyed all of Wyoming. It wasn't Wyoming's fault that Dan was such a cunt.

Well, you know what they say about millenia old vampires.

Ok I played around with Rashmi on xmage a little bit and it was actually kinda fun. I don't like playing draw & go counterspell memery but it's pretty fun to spend your turns building up your board during other people's turns

Anyone know any really interesting spicy and interactive instants in simic colors that aren't boring staples? Stuff like Desertion and so on. I'll go spice mining on magiccards.info soon but if you guys got any killer suggestions throw them at me

Eh, no, it makes sense to me in a way that makes sense in a fantasy world anyway. It'd be like if you believes terrorists nuked your home in Arizona and Dan had the ability to prevent it but didn't give enough of a shit to, so then you fuck up Wyoming.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty flimsy plot device but I get what they were going for.

Neither of them have a case for being cunts and Nahiri doesn't have a leg to stand on for fucking up Innistrad. Zendikar can bounce back somewhat and actually had some natural defenses against the Eldrazi. Innistrad was already apocalyptic on the best of days and adding Eldrazi to the mix while removing its only defenses that Sorin had worked hard to build is totally unnecessary.

If you were the sole protector of Arizona and Dan locked you in jail while Satan made Arizona his bitch then you might feel more inclined to let Satan loose in Wyoming and see how Dan likes it.
They're dickheads?

It's still not Wyoming's fault that Dan didn't decide to help in that scenario. There's no way Wyoming deserves to be destroyed for Dan's actions.

One of them said "Hey, you said I could call you for help but you've didn't answer the phone?" and the other said "Oh, I had the phone set to silent, but it's okay, I don't have to help you, because I could have murdered you so you owe me."

No, I really wouldn't. I would see fit to fuck up Dan, but not all of Wyoming as per your example. Wyoming had nothing to do with it while Arizona was already knee-deep in shit. The reason Dan didn't come help in the first place was because he was busy fortifying Wyoming to deal with the problems it already had.

>because I could have murdered you so you owe me.
That was less of an excuse for Sorin and more of a "don't fuck with me because I never had to save you in the first place." I see it as more of a reminder that he's got shit going on and he can't always be assed to help out others, especially when he doesn't have to.

And then when Wyoming was safe and you asked him to help you back in Arizona he said no.

Yeah, and he's a dick for that, but I wouldn't see it fit to fuck up all of Wyoming just because one guy from there was an ass to me.

Again, that's all on Dan. There's no angle to this that makes it okay to attack Wyoming.

Would you ever run Bob in any of your commander decks? I was thinking of throwing him into my Alesha deck mostly just to see how much I would regret it.

Hunting Pack can be pretty spicy as the first spell you cast on their turn. Let them durdle around, activate it, get 3 or 4 4/4s and cast something of up to 6 mana.

Counterlash is also pretty great in Rashmi.

No.

I feel like you're being intentionally dense. Ever heard of "eye for an eye"? It isn't always logically correct but it is what a lot of people feel, and it definitely makes sense for a White character.

yes
but only in very fast competitive metas otherwise its better to use a phyrexian arena

Aight, so you're seeing this with Dan as just some random guy, but Dan is an immensely powerful god wizard who can actually make things happen and who'd agreed to help you in Arizona. He blew you off, locked you up, and let Arizona go to shit explicitly to protect Wyoming. Turning it back on Wyoming is the revenge that makes sense, as it sets up his original actions towards you as the eventual catalyst for the opposite of his intentions. He locked you up because he thought it would protect Wyoming, but because he locked you up you ruined Wyoming.

Nahiri isn't white anymore, she's Boros. This wasn't justice, it was rage.

I feel like maybe you're the one being dense. Making sense from a narrative perspective has nothing to do with whether or not it's justified.

That makes you a cunt though.

Boros is red AND white. The red meant that she lost her cool and didn't care about the consequences of her actions. Taking vengeance, however, particularly in perceived equal measure, is white through and through