>Time availability
>Text or Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/wu4J6uk
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83984/royal-road-wardens
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is anyone out there planning on running a mecha game?

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
ASOIAF RPG
>Time availability
Anytime EST
>Text or Voice
Either
>Contact Information
Vann Allen

On Discord
>Additional Information
I have a house all rolled up if that's ok.

Sameguy here. This is what I had in mind as far as campaign goes.

I personally aren't, but me and at least ten other anons went and made a Mekton Zeta discord group that gets decent attention. Mostly we use it for sharing mecha designs, but the odd campaign gets advertised sometimes.

remember, if someone tries to recruit you for AdEva or Battle Century G, they're LCD. Do not join and make their name public so we can add it to the blacklist.

CONFIRMED LIST OF LSD ALTS:

LCD
LSDHDTV
Dream Dweller
Nobody Important
Doppelganger
WBL/White Blacklight
amerca dun dun
Alpharius
Hideo Kojima
nugltrup
The Meme Man
Spooky

>LCD
WTF is the story behind this?

LCD tries running AdEva but bails just after starting.
He does this again. And again. And again.
One of his former players, pissed off at him, starts a witch hunt claiming that everyone recruiting for an anime or mecha game is him under an alias.

So what you're saying is I should try GMing it myself to get witchhunter user triggered?
I can get behind this idea.

Not necessarily but if you do, I'm game.

Uh. I'm not an alt. I'm a separate person.

Yo I want to play a mecha game. I'm Vann Allen
#0957 on discord

>GM or Player
player
>System(s)
any, only played one game of dnd 5e

>Time availability
unemployed so anytime for now

>Text or Voice
either

>Contact Information

>Additional Information
first time

>GM or Player
Both. Will probably be DM.

>System(s)
Blue Rose: The AGE RPG of Romantic Fantasy

>Time availability
I am GMT+0. So somewhere between 3 pm and 11 pm is a possibility.

>Text or Voice
Text -Only-.
No voice.

>Contact Information
discord.gg/wu4J6uk

>Additional Information
I've never DM'd or played this system before. It looks like this system is mostly aimed for RP, not combat. So expect some/a lot of RP.

Also, I'm eating blue berries at the moment.

oops

I live in pst

> contact information
discord

Actually, I'm gonna go further on this. At least half of these are alts for people 'LCD' has played with, not his aliases at all. If you're trying to witch hunt, you've accused some people who have literally no chance of being him, so, good job.
I can't really confirm or deny this since I haven't played in a ton of games with him, but the last game I played with him GMing collapsed due to interpersonal drama between two players, not anything to do with him 'bailing'.

t. LCD

I've never so much as gathered anyone for any mecha games. I have issues with people conflating me with someone else entirely, especially when it comes as an accusation that I'm untrustworthy. But in your eyes there's nothing I can do to prove that I'm not this person. I'd pull up logs from the games that I've been in with him, but that wouldn't be good enough, would it?

You seem pretty triggered. I'm pretty sure that's a sign of guilt.

You did prove his point, though.

Fucking namefags

You are lazy and a drain on this hobby and probably your associates. You either pay a GM to run this game for you or run it yourself.

Nice try.

Sure I'd be willing to pay. How much?

Fish on roll20, do your research. They facilitate such things now, $10 a session per person seems to be the going rate, no more expensive than a movie ticket.

Can I still play in that mecha game though?

My suggestion for you is that you run first. If you get enough players, some of them in the future might be willing to run themselves. It's how I got started, and how I got one of my players to run his own game.

I think at this point I'd rather play in that mecha game though.

I think I'd actually also do this though.

>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
ASOIAF RPG
>Time availability
Anytime EST
>Text or Voice
Either
>Contact Information
Vann Allen

On Discord
>Additional Information
I have a house all rolled up if that's ok.

I think I'd also stream the campaign on Twitch, that'd be funny.

t. LCD himself trying to smear old players
Why did you leave out mentioning your old croney GC who you used to recruit for you in the last AdEva game of yours that went up in smoke?

I'm sorry. :c

I'll post a proper post this weekend, because I'm not quite ready, but are there any players here who's never played a TTRPG yet? I'm looking to DM my first campaign, albeit a pre-made campaign, and I'd feel more at ease DMing for new players.

>when the mecha game's just right.

What system is going to pop your cherry?

5e, sorry. Not sure how I left out the system.

Good luck user, I hope your group of new people is a good one.

This, good luck user

It's these tiny things that you leave out that will come biting your pencils away at night.

Also. I have a theory that DM'ing with experienced player(s) on the table can provide net-positive experience. Assuming the Experienced Player is told that he's there to show and teach, not own the game.

Thanks, anons. I'm excited.

I'm sure that, ultimately, it wouldn't matter whether my group is full of new or experienced players. I'd just feel comfortable playing with new players for my first few times as a new DM. It's hard to explain.

I'm not running a mecha game, but I've got a discord full of people who might, if there are anons interested in joining.

I'm in the server you speak of, and if someone advertises, I'd definitely throw my hat in the ring.

What.
That is my name
You're running some anime game... and using my name?

I use this name and this email for pretty much everything and i have never run any game much less an anime game.

Good luck to you.

I recently started DMing my first campaign with a group that was previously free form (with a few 3.pf elements) using 3.5

I totally understand that new players take the pressure off, but having at least one veteran will make for better feedback and growth.

Why are you trying to get people out of the hobby btw?
Does it benefit you if there are less people playing ttRPGs?
Not everyone has the money to pay paid GMs, and not everyone has the social/management/presentation skills to be able to run a game themselves.

It seems like we have a conundrum on our hands.

(I suppose, on the off chance that this thread starts moving incredibly fast tomorrow morning I should at least try to figure this out.)

No, I'm not running an 'anime game'. The only game I'm running at the moment is a game set in 190BC in the Levant, which is pretty much the opposite of anime. I've been using this name since the development of DVV 3(?) years ago though I've not namefagged proper with it for nearly two years. One of my players told me that someone was trashing 'me' in this thread. By literal sheer coincidence, I know the person being witchhunted (Probably? This is casting a lot of doubt on all this) and made some assumptions. While I highly doubt that you're, well, him, forgive me for the confusion.

What's up cucks and cuckettes. I'm going to run a game. Wait no fuck that a game and a oneoff.

>GM or Player
GM and GM
>System(s)
Savage worlds and the oneshot will be godlike.
>Time availability
Savage worlds will either be biweekly fridays bout 7pm EST, or weekly, some job stuff is happening in my life and if it does do its thing I'll be much more available. The oneoff? Saturday the 5th of august round 7pm EST be there or be square.
>Text or Voice
Text for campaign (with a talk to the gm chat channel), voice for oneshot.
>Contact Information
So you want to play one of those there powder fantasy games. You know with the magic and the black powder, and the 300+ response why it can't work threads we have every month. We're going to do that. Hard. Except wait a moment. We need a pitch. A plot. An idea. Can't just have powder fantasy without an idea. Mother fucking 3 letter organization combined with the idea of knighthood. That's right you're the noble fbi, or maybe the federal marshals, but that's a 4 letter organization and doesn't count.

Point is you have the power the authority granted to you by the crown to enforce the word of the monarch on his royal roads. Its procedural cop drama subbing drug dealers with necromancers.

Oneshot is godlike. WWII but with minor super powers. So minor they're called talents. Because you ain't super. You will never be super man, but hey you're talented. At least until a bullet hits your helmet and reduces you to a concussed unconscious state which will result in your death if you aren't treated on the spot and transferred to a field hospital. Still debating on the idea here,but it will end up as a premade oneoff. Just because I want to introduce people to godlike more so than anything else.

>Additional Information
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83984/royal-road-wardens
You want contact for the oneshot? Shit I didn't think this through.
Contact.
Polka Flies #3845
Or don't!

People who expect to have a GM fall into their lap are the worst players usually. They're entitled and spoiled. If you want to play in a game, wait for a GM to post, and apply then. And no, you dont get to use your special custom house. No GM worth his salt will trust an already made house.

I'm 900% on board with everything about that campaign except Savage Worlds, sI I merely wish you luck!

Veeky Forums is not the place for you, friend.

Bumping while also shilling for my post. Seeking (preferably) new players. Will have a proper post later today after work.

There are other people playing BCG that arent LCD.

Oh most definitely. Yes please user.

I can confirm this. LCD is pretty easy to detect, look for the words caveat emptor, kawaii and generally evasive attitudes.

Well...
I have been using this name for about 6 years now. What's dvv btw?
I used it to namefag on /b/ and had a Nobody from kingdom hearts as avatar.
I have not run a game in my life, because i am part of the group i mentioned here: that doesn't have the necessary skills for GM-ing.

Those are valid points, but i think what the guy was trying to do was seeing if anyone liked the idea enough that they would get inspired by it to run a game about it.

I assume this is 90%+ fighting?

One shot yes, military game and all that.

Fantasy cops not necessarily. I intend to run a few selectable cases off the bat to get a proper handling on what the players want out of things (and to act as a player filter without impacting the stability of the game), before the overarching plot starts creeping in. Good mix of investigation and general problem solving, throw in a touch of courtly politics and well the other kind of court, and the other other kind as well for good measure. Could go either way pretty easily, very flexible premise.

Sent a request on Discord.

Guess I'll drop the name since it's not needed.
DVV is Disney Villains Victorious, a Veeky Forums homebrew I contributed a decent amount to (core mechanics, skills, attributes, character advancements, the analysis needed for the dice in general...) that involves playing in a nobledark unified Disney setting. That's about it.
Sorry, again, for the confusion.

There can be two Nobody Important's around.
There are multiple on skype anyway for example, so i wouldn't ask you to drop the name.
Especially since it's a fun one to use on an anonymous imageboard, since it's as close as you can come to "Anonymous" without actually calling yourself anonymous.

>GM or Player
Player

>System(s)
ASoIaF, Dark Heresy/40K RPG, Exalted (3e, maybe 1e), L5R (4e), Mutants and Masterminds (2e or 3e), nWoD (anything but Beast and Vampire), Shadowrun (5e or 4e), Star Wars (d20), or anything else, really.
I can learn systems quick. I just want to play something that isn't DnD or Pathfinder for once in my life.

>Time availability
I'm currently in EST timezone. I'm also on vacation with nothing planned, so I'm basically free anytime

>Text or Voice
Either

>Contact Information
'noahdylan11' on skype
I think I'm 'Momir Vig' on discord, but that's a much less reliable way to contact me

>Additional Information
I'm currently in Florida, in case that matters.

I'm in if I can find your thread later. I've only done storyteller system RPGs so this should be fun

>ASoIaF

Want this so bad.

sent you a friend request on Discord

>gm or player
2 Players
>Systems(s)
Deathwatch
>Time availability
6-12 pm US central time
>Text or voice
Text
>Contact information
Discord: Nicole.graf#1097
>Additional information
Looking for GM

It's not happening, user. Time for one of you to GM.

I ran a one shot for him. He does fine as a player, but seems to have trouble as GM. I want to play, and GMPCs are boring to me

Too bad, you'll have to run as a GM again. Suck it up.

>I want to play,
Too fucking bad. Welcome to the hobby. If you want to play you get to GM. Especially if you want something done right.

>nicole
Post tits and I'll run a game for you.

>GM

>Looking for 1 player.

>Saturdays from 3pm until 10pm EST or longer depending on player request.

>System is GURPS 4th Ed. Newbies are fine and even preferred, we would like to avoid people with bad habits.

>Setting: Developing world in the age of sail (TL4), on the brink of major cultural, magical, divine, and socioeconomic shifts in many societies. Currently the local area is a large Egyptian+Aztec continent and a hotspot of (literally) cancerous activities. Story is very player-driven and actions have effects on the world, be it local economy, imports, supernatural/magical phenomena, flora and fauna diversity, crier guild news, political, and even geographical. It is heavily RP-driven as well, with about 1/3 or more of our sessions not even having combat or skill checks because players get heavily invested into the story, NPCs, or attempt a more diplomatic approach. There are also several races, factions, and more. Most are limited to current story arc availability and proximity, but the choice to change characters is offered every couple of months.

>Additional Notes:
All applicants will be vetted and put through a small 2 part interview. First will be a solo introduction with the GM and then with the players. Only those that get the thumbs up from the group can sit in on a session and be allowed to join. This group met here and has been together for nearly 5 years now and it's pretty close-knit, we're all great friends. Sessions will be held over Skype and Roll20, microphone is necessary for OOC talk and planning, IC actions and conversations are handled through text. Punctuality is also a big thing, missing your first session is immediate expulsion. All those interested or that have any questions/want more information, feel free to contact me on Skype.

You sound like a huge tool.

Gotta second this one. If you want someone serious who isn't just gonna fuck with you for the first interview and screw you over later you should work on it. Anyways, I'll be adding you on skype to do the aforementioned. Good luck.

I'm starved for tabletop, so I'll give it a shot. I just sent you a contact request on skype

The fuck's the matter with you people.
GMing=/=playing
They're two wholly different things and some people like one but not the other.

Spoken like somebody who's never truly GMed before.

Yes, because as stated above i both lack the necessary skills and wouldn't enjoy it either.

It's like saying.
>What you're on Veeky Forums? Too bad, that means you have to like anime and all games about anime too.

I feel like apply to join, but I'm now 90% sure that the spot is taken by someone, given that whole three people posted about this.

You could still try. Not everyone gets admitted as the guy stated.

sent you friend request. Tell me about ur game and I'll consider running it.

What a nigger.

Ha, I get it.

You replied to the wrong person though.

What? They're definitely different things. I love both, even if I prefer GMing, but they really are different things.

Yes...? I don't think you know what you're talking about at all.

He's not at all. GMing and playing is, essentially, synonymous.

Explain yourself. GMing involves constructing a world and/or story as well as acting/responding to the players, while playing is simply acting/responding to the GM.
There's so much more you can do while GMing, which is why I prefer it. On the other hand, you don't get that sick power fantasy, which is why I'd never GM Nobilis and the like.

>GMing and playing is, essentially, synonymous.

>bait.jpngif

ok

>while playing is simply acting/responding to the GM.
That's... really all you do as a player? How fucking lazy. No, you craft a world, you craft an environment, and you collaborate with the GM. You play, relatively, a small part, but you are essentially a mini-GM.

That sounds really bad user.

It's incredibly fun for me and I do it every single time I play. I couldn't stand to play if all I was doing was parleying with the GM over basic interactions.

I can't think of anything less strained desu. Why and how would you craft a world in the GM's own campaign? No, I play as the active character within the GM's world, constrained by it into creating a fitting story for him.

>Why and how would you craft a world in the GM's own campaign?
You don't even understand what I mean by 'world', do you? A world can mean a faction, a family, a faith. This world works with the GM's broader world.

I understood what you meant, now answer the question you nig.

I just did, retard.

No you didn't, stupid-head.

I defined what 'world' meant in this context, not you.