He's not wrong, you know

He's not wrong, you know

He actually does have a point, but he's a huge asshole about it.

No, he's wrong. Snowflake characters far predate any mention of gender or sex equality in D&D. In fact a lot of shit from early D&D is based on snowflake characters, making custom spells, being a vampire, wanting to counter a vampire specifically, etc.

He's just an asshole too drowned in culture war horseshit to know his ass from his mouth.

I think he at least touches on the problem of Tiburon and Bearington, which is that so many faggots on this board will indulge any and every form of shitposting if they think it'll get them into a screencap or wiki page somewhere.

yeah, I'm so sure that the CG Drow Dhampir guy who dual wields is totally being played by a gay chicano, and not some doughy fat fuck white boy.

Diversity is the spice of life, so he's DEFINITELY wrong.

>BBEG

Opinion discarded.

If only he stated his position without sounding like an autist.

What problems? I don't see such stories anymore. Even Bearington is no longer seriously posted - the joke got old a long time ago.
Now, OUTSIDE of Veeky Forums, especially on reddit, this problem still exists.

But he totally is, and anyone who can't deal with people wanting to play as something fantastical in a fantasy game is a fucking moron. These are the same fucks who bitch about caster supremacy instead of learning to run the game in a way which is engaging for everyone. Something, let me remind you, that literal fucking children do every single day. Get the fuck over yourselves, you giant shit-flinging toddlers.

Yeah, I unironically agree.

The reason these stupid races exist is because players need a crutch. Their character doesn't have an interesting personality, so it needs an interesting body.

The faggots that try to make the "Next Epic Screencap" are more cancerous than Questfags, Anti-Questfags, ERPfags, Smutfags, and Puritanfags combined.

Reminder that even Rich Burlew, the guy making a comic where the main character is a fighter, he has to pull an ass pull after an ass pull to make Roy relevant, and go out of his way to cripple casters with bullshit story reasons.
And even in this controlled enviroment, with no actual players, casters still trump everyone else.

Exactly. Those days are over but people are still hungry to be a part of that. They think that if they cultivate flavour of the month anime or TV show threads just right or give unironic responses to ironic bait it'll create something beautiful that someone will immortalise as a jpg instead of just encourage more shitposting.

>people wanting to play as something fantastical in a fantasy game
you can play 'something fantastical' without playing a special snowflake race you moron. Like a character with a fantastically detailed backstory and motivation.

Sounds like he's using a shitty magic system, then

That comic is about playing 3.5, and uses themes from that to make jokes, it's not a serious story. Or at least it was as far as I remember it. I stopped reading after they blew up the great wall of Japan

>you can play fantastical
>just play a human that I like lmoa

I don't know about you, but you can have a fantastical race with an interesting personality, they aren't mutually exclusive.

The only reason Cleric is even a standard class was that someone's custom vampire PC was too strong and the GM needed to Hellsing all over him. Then someone wanted to play a character like that guy.

>But you need to roll to get to play anything but a human.
I think this tips it over into intentional bait for me. I could see the rest of his faggotry genuinely happening, but somehow "yes you can play a half-ling if you roll a 15+" crosses the line into more likely engineered to enrage.

>get btfo a month ago
>try reposting it, hoping it goes better

To be fair, Burlew is also a hack and a faggot. Your point stands, but he's hardly the pinnacle of anything.

Stop posting screencaps of yourself, loser.

I think "Special snowflake" is a weird fucking insult when it comes to DnD characters. Pretty much every mythical hero ever could be described as a special snowflake. The real problem is come concepts are just retarded
There are certainly dumb as fuck jokes that have been used to death like Sir Bearington, and forcing modern standards on a fantasy world as if that makes you a champion for gay or trans rights or whatever is kind of pathetic (though I honestly think the elf thing is a perfectly reasonable case), but those are completely different things

the only way you can interact with a different opinion is to pretend that only one person can has it

I can see it as a thing in a game where character mortality is high. Ensures most characters are human but someone gets to play something else once in a while

>Anything different is SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE
Fuck this guy, and fuck you OP.

Is it really different, if the only notable thing about it is it's skin color and some weird horns and feathers?

>other people are having fun in ways I don't like

Only the autist who originally wrote that up could possibly think that post is eloquent enough to represent their opinion.

Honestly, in a bizarre way people like the OP and the sperg in the sceencap actually LIKE parties full of "special snowflakes" because it allows them to get on their high horse when they play HUMAN MALE FIGHTER. Believe it or not, there are people who get off to the idea that their own character is so mundane compared to their peers that THAT's what makes them so great, and they'll never miss a chance to remind you that they're the only "normal" one in the group. They also tend to post in HFY threads and are usually some of the first to shitpost in threads about unusual races.

If you don't see it as any different, why not let the player play their desired character? Are we going to limit how you describe your PC's clothing, behavior, and motivations now because anything too "special snowflake" might trigger the table's grognard?

>are we going to limit how you describe your PC's clothing

are you going to allow PCs with modern-day trenchcoats, jeans, baseball hats and 'magical' sunglasses?

Serious question btw, not even joking, it was a huge problem in my group a couple years ago with people describing modern clothing and accessories justifying everything anachronistic with 'magical'.