30k to 40k thousand sons

So...Why did the TSons change their heraldry and colours after the heresy?

I mean, I get that the upgraded armor has to do with the rubric and tying them to their suits, but why did they change to blue and gold, with an Ouroboros instead of a sun?

Blue because Tzeentch, ouroboros for ???.

Well their loyalist chapter kept the colors so I'm going with they went with blue to match their gods theme.

They didn't, Ahriman's sect who were exiles until recently changed their colors to separate themselves from Magnus. The studio just chooses to follow them instead of true sons of the Crimson King. His actual army is the red and gold.

Only Ahriman's Exiled group were changed to blue after he ditched Magnus and all. Some Reason GW paints and shows all 1k Sons as Blue and Gold when Magnus's 'loyal' are stated to still be red.

I'm gonna use this as proof that Ahriman is the true hero.

so if I were to paint an army fluffed as the sons that yvraine fixed, I could totally have them be red and fit the fluff?

Magnus Loyalist Thousand Sons: Red
Ahriman Loyalist Thousand Sons: Blue

If Yvraine fixes them it doesnt automatically change their Armour color, just gives their bodies and souls back.
In the end just do you and paint your dudes the way you want.

Ahriman and Magnus kinda made up with each other so my army is a mix of both colored armours at the moment.

I'm gonna need us to hold up and explain this real quick. Death metal elf lady did what?

while fighting Ahriman, she undid the rubric of ahriman on a bunch of sons.

They were reverted to their loyalist, pre-heresy selves, confused as to why they were wearing blue and fighting eldar.

Ahriman was stunned and distracted, and Yvraine took the chance to fling them all into space.

I am now as stunned and distracted as Ahriman.

As a Dark eldar player who's picking up TSons, seriously FUCK everything about yvraine and the ynnari.

>t. Vect

Vect a shit, but he's still better than yvraine.

>spend nearly 10 thousand years to fix a mistake
>random knife eared bitch undo's it in 5 seconds
Why not just remove his story entirely if they are going to make it nothing more than a pointless quest that the eldar could have fixed in 5 minutes?

Does Ahriman even care about undoing the Rubric anymore? I thought he was kinda set on getting into the Black Library and replacing Tzeentch.

I don't think those plans are mutually exclusive, a man can have aspirations and feel bad about a mistake he made, and it just so happens those two goals can be solved at the same time.

They certainly are going out of there way to make me not like Yvraine.
I swear, I put in effort; it's not my fault that *they* didn't.

Being powered by a god of literal life and death can have such an effect as opposed to a man who's armor color reflect the color of his balls because the god keeps on cockblocking him.

>one of the strongest psykers in the galaxy powered by a literal god himself can't fix it
>servant of a basically incomplete god can with no issue
Are you saying you don't see an issue with this or could Magnus fix it the whole time he just wants his sons to suffer?

Ahrihiman's source of power is the change and sicker God who likes to play with people and lead them on. He's also in defiance of tzeentch.
Yrvaine's source of power is the God of death. She is hir loyal emissary.
She used her gods power to undo their state of undeath.

Blame tzeentch for being a dick when he could have undone the rubric for magnus day 1... Or made it just work as intended. Oh wait, it was designed to stop tzeentch's flesh change mutation and they tried to defy him, so dust was his punishment.

so are there any groups that willis panders to that aren't incredibly offended by him?

>Oh wait, it was designed to stop tzeentch's flesh change mutation and they tried to defy him
Theres no evidence that Tzeentch causes the flesh change. None that I've seen anyway.
The TSons were almost extinct by the time they found Magnus. This caused Magnus to make a deal to save them and this is where Tzeentch got involved. So to say that he caused it seems odd to say the least.
Magnus and his geneseed was more likely just fucked because he was perhaps the most obviously designed of the Primarchs. His purpose in the Emperors plan seems the most obvious so if this caused problems for the legion then ok. Remember the Primarchs came first then the legions.

Well, he kind of is. He's a tragic one, but he is a hero, and so is Magnus. The TSons literally did nothing wrong and met a tragic fate.

>The TSons literally did nothing wrong
They used pets daemons and ignore Nikaea from the moment they left the planet. Now the true nature of the daemons is funky even from Gw/BL shaky canon, and yes plenty of other legions broke the edict. However TSons were never going to be able to follow the future wishes of the Emperor.

I was going to say something snarky about subtext and you needing things spelled out for you, but that would be pointlessly rude. I'd just recommend you think about everything that happens to the TS and how Just as Planned it all is and their thematic role in the setting.
If you still want 'evidence' as in someone literally saying it, the closest I can think of right now is in Crimson King. Ahriman saves a guy from the flesh-change. It worked, no arguments. Then the guy turns to dust 5 seconds later. Ahriman is going mental about it as it should have worked, then Magnus turns up and tells him he is being played and to let it go. There's no point and he's just damning the souls of people he tries to save.
Take from that what you will.

>but that would be pointlessly rude.
Na thats just good fun.

>I'd just recommend you think about everything that happens to the TS
I have and to me its clear that it's a geneseed flaw and not Tzeentch's doing. Magnus is by far the most closely related primarch to the warp. In fact Lorgar suggests that noone has actually seen Magnus's true form apart from the Emperor. In the Crimson King as you'd know Ahriman cant even bare to see the world the way Magnus does and thats just a shard of Magnus.
This is all important when you consider that the legions were form from the remaining genetic material left after the Primarch were scattered. So Magnus was designed for the throne. Thats all that matters. When it came to creating the legion the Emperor used suspect methods that were obviously about finding psychic recruits. The purpose for this is never stated however IMO its because the unstable nature of Magnus's geneseed was always going to cause problems. Perhaps the psychic legionaries could hold off this flaw(Which we do see happening although only for a period of time from the more powerful psykers among them). Now if this didnt work out? Meh, still have Magnus. One less legion and another failed experiment is ok.
Tzeentch in not involved in this at all and if you want to add him then I guess I'm going to need a better reason than 'because tzeentch lol'.

Are you implying that Tzeench wants the 1Ksons fixed?

Who says she fixed it? If she just reversed the rubric then they'll just die because f the flesh change.

The flesh change wasn't really an inevitability that all TSons faced, it's just a mutation that turns a marine into a not-warp spawn if they lack a combination of mental and physical fortitude to resist it and it wasn't an issue to the more powerful TSons. It's safe to assume that the flesh change resurfaced after prospero because they were all on a fucking daemon world in the middle of the eye of terror.

>The flesh change wasn't really an inevitability that all TSons faced
Incorrect. In fact anything else you say after this is just invalidated thats how egregious your error is.

Please think on things beyond the surface level.

>if they lack a combination of mental and physical fortitude to resist it and it wasn't an issue to the more powerful TSons.
The leader of this TSon army was Ahrimans twin brother. He died to the flesh change.

Then i stand corrected

Tzeentch doesn't want Ahriman to succeed, so he dicks with Ahzek every now and then when he gets close to figuring it out.