A reminder that Ahriman did nothing wrong

A reminder that Ahriman did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GiWQZhUmmRw
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Jaguars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He failed

Rubric Marines would beg to differ.

Oh wait, they can't. Because Ahriman turned them into walking, armor-plated sandbags that occasionally have the misfortune to remember that they were once people, all because he was mad at his dad.

>when you take daddy issues to a whole new level
Actually, it seems like you can explain most of the Imperium's problems by pointing to daddy issues.

How did the blood ravens survive rubricification?

what is he up to in current fluff?

Specifically ADB's, really.

By not really being canon.

Kicking eldar ass in the webway until one of them fixes a few rubrics and makes him fuck off.

did he get to the black library yet?

He'd have became a god and gave the finger to Magnus and Russ by now if he had.

Ahriman vs Elminster?

Ahirman vs Larloch?

Yeah, but he forgot his library card.

[BAZINGA]

if the power of the library was really that great, why doesn't an eldar just use it to defeat slaanesh?

A mix of already working on it, and IIRC creating another god is like eldar heresy.

He tried so hard, yet fell so far

meh, it doesn't even matter

To be fair, he had to fall to lose it all.

They weren't there I guess.

Despite all the '''''evidence''''' its not clear that Blood Ravens are Thousand Sons. The reason they wont commit to admitting this is because they are to many problems that arise from having TSons geneseed not shit itself.

He almost did. In WoM Ahriman got a small fluff piece that showed he got close enough to project into the Black Library and copied down a map of the Webway. This map was what allowed Magnus to attack Fenris and is the reason Ahriman is back in the good books with the TSons.

Also recent fluff is that Ahrmain has moved from wanting to enter the Black Library to become a god, to wanting to find the power to either perfect or reverse the Rubric.

what would perfecting it do? just allow them to exist immune to mutation but without being dust people?

>what would perfecting it do?
Theorizing here, but yes everyone would return to the flesh and their geneseed flaw would be cured.
Remember it was only the strongest psykers that 'survived' the Rubric but they no longer suffer from the flesh change. They can still get mutations like other CSM but it's the fatal flesh change that Ahriman tried to fix.

>Also recent fluff is that Ahrmain has moved from wanting to enter the Black Library to become a god, to wanting to find the power to either perfect or reverse the Rubric.

Actually, John French and WoM show that Ahriman is self deluding himself in the same way Archaon had did. He thinks his cause is noble and just but he is not really doing it for that purpose. His real purpose that's hidden behind that self delusion is lust for power.

>His real purpose that's hidden behind that self delusion is lust for power.\
That's always been his purpose. His quest however to enter the BL and become a god is no longer his main goal. Its stated that he still searches for the power and knowledge to fix/perfect the rubric. Thats why we saw the yvraine encounter in GS2.

Is Ahriman the most powerful space marine psyker?

>mfw
He didn't do anything /wrong/, but he certainly wasn't successful.
I wish he hadn't murderised Wyrdmake just so that he could have felt shitty for the rest of his immortal life. Fucking Rune Priests.

Hiiiiitler diiiiid

(Take on me)

Noooothiiiing wroooong

(Take on me)

Hiiiiitler diiiiid

Noooothiiiing

WROOOOONG

>so that he could have felt shitty for the rest of his immortal life.
Space marines arent immortal and either way Russ wasnt going to listen to reason.

Don't they live forever if they aren't killed? Like they don't get old?
Yeah, Russ wouldn't have listened, I wanted it out of spite. They'll have to do a lot of work in Prospero to make me give a shit about the Bark Barks

>Like they don't get old?
No they get old they just age slowly however. Blood Angels are described as having the longest lasting Astartes.

Huh, well colour me surprised. I wonder if any marines have died of old age. Seems unlikely with rejuv treatment

SM dont really get the chance. Once they start slowing down the chances of them surviving start to decrease.
CSM get round this because they either become supported by the warp, or just the general time fuckery involved with living in the eye.

Definitely, considering the fact that he is more powerful than the Grey Knights' best psyker.

>considering the fact that he is more powerful than the Grey Knights' best psyker.
Whats this from user?

While no Space Marine has ever died of old age, some Space Marines have become so old, they no longer could keep up with other Space Marines.
They would still be able to rip the head off a human or ork, but they would be a drag on the squad they're in. Those Space Marines would either take on an office job in the chapter fortress, or join random Imperial groups that still have need for a badass in power armour - even if he isn't as powerful as a typical space marine of 250 years.

I highly doubt Ahriman is more powerful than the best Grey Knight psykers.

Sorcerous powers fall under... SORCERY. The binding of demons to your own will. And sorcery is not a part of psychic powers. It's... SORCERY. Psychic powers come from oneself. Sorcery comes from demons.
And while Ahriman is a powerful psyker, most of his power comes from... SORCERY.

There no difference between sorcery and psychic powers. Its all from the warp.

Psyker powers are powered by yourself.
Sorcery is powered by demons.

Are you fucking retarded, you goddamn cocksucking sissy faggot?

>you goddamn cocksucking sissy faggot?
Well you really handled someone disagreeing with you well. Is this you're first time on the internet?
I'll find the quote from the Grey Knights codex in a minute. You attempt to find some sort of an arfguemnt that isnt just REEEEE ok?

Both are powered by the warp.
Sorcery are evul warp powers

>waaaah mommy someone on the Veeky Forums insulted me

Go back to Re dd it.

Cringe.

Sorcery is specifically using demons to do things for you.

You need to be 18+ to post here user

You need to fuck back to Mexico, you fucking spic.

Sorcery is warp magic but it's evil/unimperial

Aztec marines when?

Judging purely by their 7e stats, Voldus (the GK in question) is less powerful, being Mastery Level 3 and having access to fewer disciplines. Ahriman, on the other hand, is ML4 and can use 11 disciplines. They are equally powerful in 8e (3 powers and 3 denies), but Ahriman gets a +1 bonus on psychic test, so he is still slightly stronger. I have to admit, I have not seen an explicit comparison between them in the fluff.
Again, in game Ahriman's pre heresy form is ML4, which is better than Voldus, but he only has access to Divination. So, even without counting the bonuses provided by rubric and daemonic pacts, he is still very powerful. I'll have to look for an actual lore statement tho, since game stats do not always rrflect the lore.

See

Meant to quote with the first half of the post.

Huh, I'm kinda glad that not all old marines are Drea'd.

actually marinelets can't rip off heads without using weapons (chads can) so yeah and old man marine certainly won't be able to lol

What a nice thread.

youtu.be/GiWQZhUmmRw

They get old, it just takes centuries and most probably die in battle before then.

Even Primarchs can age, although Guilliman remarks that only another Primarch would notice it by comparison.

this is just semantics debate. when the powers are used one way, the user is a psyker, when it is used another way, the user is a sorcerer. Both powers come from the same place, the warp, but are being used and accessed differently.

Also, don't sorcerers not even need the psyker gene?

>Also, don't sorcerers not even need the psyker gene?

I'm pretty sure this is the case. I think normal humans can do warp sorcery even lacking the direct conduit to the warp that genetic psykers have. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct.

Sorcery is essentially "fantasy magic," in that it's harnessed through specific rituals and procedures to create an end result. Anybody can use sorcery, so long as they have the proper materials and engage in the proper sequence of actions.

Psykers harness the Warp directly through their mind. They can (theoretically) mold and shape it through their own will, and do not need to understand what they're doing in order to do it. It also happens "accidentally" and is much more difficult to control.

Does the fluff state that anywhere? Seems like thats just headcanon.

He takes apart a Grey Knight captain in two heartbeats.

So basically the difference between a wizard and sorcerer in D&D.

When?

Dark Heresy Radical's handbook, page 168

>even those with very limited or no latent psychic ability can
become powerful Sorcerers If they have the will, intelligence
and stomach to wield and pay the price for their dark lore.

Yeah, but its a bit more nuanced. According to radical's handbook somebody with no psychic ability can become a sorcerer through hard work, but people with psyker abilities can also "fall" and become sorcerers. That made me think that sorcerery is basically a particularly dangerous method of using the warp. If you are a born a psyker, you can use your latent power carefully, or go all out and be a more powerful sorcerer. If you are not born a psyker, you can only be a sorcerer.

It isn't super clear and I'm pretty sure the fluff keeps flip flopping on what exactly the distinction is if any.

More like the difference between a sorcerer and warlock in D&D

t. ADB

Wrong.

Rune Priests get their power from Fenris and Runes, like the eldar this is safe and the reason why Space Wolves are immune to Chaos as well as their superior gene seed from their Primarch.

The Thousand Sons consort with demons, this along with their inferior genetic code is why they fail at everything.

People on both sides of this argument have posted fluff that backs up their claim. I think the "cannon" truth is that the fluff contradicts.

There are canon arguments to be made that there is a difference and there are canon arguments to be made that the difference between the two is largely propaganda.

This is like so many other things in 40k. The fluff is intentionally vague and contradicting.

They're already a thing user.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Jaguars

>Wrong
So just to be clear you think Rune Priests dont use the warp?

actually I think Cegorach has a plan to beat slaneesh

They do not. They harness the pure powers of Fenris.

Then why are the affected by nulls such as the Sisters of Silence?

Who said they are?

Lol.

Seriously. There is no fluff where Rune Priests are effected by nulls

They are in the Crimson King. Besides they are also affected on the tabletop.

Citation needed

>What did he just say?’ asked Promus. ‘He asks if you are star-cunning like me.’ Bjarki watched Promus’ gaze roam over his armour, noting the runic cuts encircling his heart-cage, the toothed amulet set upon his breast and the lupine talismans hung from iron cords looped around his arms. ‘I am a psyker, yes,’ agreed Promus. ‘Like you. What is it your lot calls it? A Rune Priest?’ ‘I think maybe we are both very powerful,’ nodded Bjarki, spitting on the dark metal of the floor. ‘But here? That counts for nothing. This place is not kind to brothers of the wyrd.’
This is a SW wolf pack on a psyker prison station standing near some SoS.

/thread

>ffg source
non-canon

Wolffags actually believe this...

/tread

His fuck up was destroying Wyrdmake's Soul. Sure, Wyrdmake was a complete cunt, but Ahriman had the opportunity to end the siege o the Prospero in a peaceful way then and there, but he threw the chance away fro the sake of pride and bitterness.

He should've been able to put his grudge aside for a moment, then in the aftermath h could've gotten satisfaction by rubing Othere's face in it and going "nanana I told you so", but instead he screwed up and made the whole situation worse.

Fleshchange took the wrong brother desu

Which is also the reason why Space Wolf Wolf Priests are actually Sorcerer's, since they conjure """"nature spirits"""" using sorcerous rituals and fetishes rather than using pure psyker power

>Fleshchange took the wrong brother desu
That's pretty obvious from just the names, Ahriman or Angra Mainyu is the evil facet of god while Ohrzmud or Ahura Mazda is the good facet.

>All The Failure In The World

>Rune Priests get their power from Fenris and Runes,
The practice of the forging of runes is Sorcerous channeling of psychic power, and all of FEnris is soaked in warp energy, hence why when the 1K sons finally took it over they were able to turn it nearly instantly into a Daemonworld and absorb a huge power boost from it. Those "nature spirits" the Wolves claim to use? Those are just fucking Daemons no different than the Tutulary Spirits the Sons used to use before falling to Chaos

The "superior genetics" that make them immune to Chaos is an unstable mutagen that Russ introduced to the Wolves through the Canis Helix, which is not a part of the original geneseed, but was something that was introduced later when Russ created his dump chalice ritual. Its not superior genetics, its literally just Russ wanting people to turn into savage and unsalvagable wold-men mutants that can be used as berserk cannon-fodder for battles that are too tough otherwise.

I swear, Wolf fanboys are so obsessed about defending the "purity" of their special snowflakes, just as obnoxiously as 1KSons fanboys are about autistically whining about how Magnus "Dindu niffin". Honestlyyou fags are about as annoying and wilfully ignorant as Stormcloak Apologists in the TES fanbase.

Comeback once you've grown up past your neckbeard vikingfag phase, and learn to like a real and poper SM legion instead

Now, that would be an interesting take on an AU, to see how many less idiotic decisions the Sons would make if Ozmund had survived and became the First Captain instead, and if Ahriman had died in his place to the Fleshchange.

Didn't you have to be on the PoS while the spell dropped to rem rubriked?

The novel the emperors gift disagrees with you.

I'm pretty sure dark heresy is canon. Its not homebrew, is officially licensed.

rainbow warriors/blood jaguars

Even a primarch can show signs of aging/passing of time. Roboute got some grey/white strands of hair and a couple of wrinkles in the first century since his awakening from stasis.

>but Ahriman had the opportunity to end the siege o the Prospero in a peaceful way
If you honestly think that you're retarded. Russ would not simply have stopped. He already had the Emperors orders saying to bring Magnus back to Terra, he simply preferred Horus's orders.
Valdor the leader of the Custodes constantly bickered with Russ to follow the Emperors orders which he refused. So what makes you think that because of one Rune Priest he'd stop? Especially after all the magic shenanigans that had already gone down?

It's an assertation backed up by various Black Library books as well.

Honestly, it really comes down to how the author interprets psychic powers as to what difference, if any, exists between psykers and sorcery.

Yvraine will just revive them back into actual astartes again.

>time for the Eldar to get pet Astartes to reloyalize.

Not canon.

Then they just die to the flesh change tho?

Lol. Denial is real.