Old school Sci-fi RPGs?

Any good scifi rpgs out there? I'm enjoying WEG Starwars, Space Opera, and Star Frontier Alpha Dawn. Traveler is OK. Mutant Chronicles is meh. Basically just not 40k.

Does anyone feel me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

... So I guess that means nobody feels me. I guess I'll feel alone.

> lusty argonian maid.jpg

Machinations of the Space Princess.

Well what do you want out of the old school sci-fi? Sword and Planet? Hard and gritty? Trippy shit?

Three Rocketeers for the first, Diaspora for the second, Numenera for the third.

Sauce? Google literally gives me nothing.

I'm currently working on making a game of 1930s-1950s Pulp Scifi vs Cthulhu in far flung space, using FATE

Gonna be honest, kinda just want to move away from gritty a little. Kinda want to get back to basics, see people trying to do stuff they dont really know how to do. I think people have better ideas that way.

Adventures and Modules are a big plus, do people still make those?

Make three guesses and I'll tell you.

Flash Gordon cartoon, figured it out. Google is still fucking useless.

>>using FATE

I'm not interested.

That's right, opossum job. (that show has shit writing but some nice visuals)

Bumping for interest

Some friends and I got together and made an RPG from that old strategy game Battle tech, it's worked out pretty good so far.

Machinations of the Space Princess is a sci fi hack of Lamentations of the Flame Princess. Inspired by things like Flash Gordon but also the works found in Metal Hurlant.

It has a real cool set of race traits. Four customizable classes. Very old school in character progression.

Might need to check this out. Seems like legit.

I'm totes still creeping for some Adventures and Modules and stuff. (also I'm running out of Saturday morning 80's sci-fi cartoon chicks; which is apparently an something)

It started as savage worlds. But certain fiddly buts couldn't be reworked well enough for my tastes. I usually don't like FATE but it works well with the pulp flavor. You can have an aspect like Strong Handsome Jaw, or some such, that will instantly set up the idea of the character, & plays well with Cthulhu vibes of Monstrous Strength or Maddening Whispers.

I'm trying to make rules for piloting the Psionics & Rayguns now. I expect to be finished soon

There are a lot of reasons I don't like FATE, but I'll just say I'd rather adapt 40k rpg, GURPS, or even a d20 (mutants and masterminds maybe). Might just be my players though.

Well, that makes me think of Savage Worlds. Slipstream module book is pretty much the Flash Gordon pulp era space exploration. Clouds in space, bubble top suits, cheesy ray guns, one man rocket ships... the works.

spacemaster is the rolemaster system in a traveller-like universe. i like it since i don't mind rolemaster-tier crunch.

I wish there were more gender-flipped versions of that pic.

Gamma world 4th edition is pretty good

What about METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA or GAMMA WORLD?

Stars Without Number is pretty good.

Stars Without Number

>Mutant Chronicles is meh
What kind of heretic drivel is this? MC is awesome!
Just stay away from the latest edition, and you're golden.

What's wrong with the latest edition?

Holy fuck it's Yzma.

fag

You know Battletech:
1) started as a Traveller house game at FASA
2} has at least three editions of an RPG already

Right?

The fourth edition OF Gamma World, or the conversion from D&D4?

Both have their charms.

If it was written by Germans and illiterate Scots like the previous tries, it's a waste of paper, electrons, and time.

youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

Germans and scots? It's swedish. From an era when they didn't care about being PC.

I kinda wanna suggest Battle Century G because of how easy it'd be to just replace robots with "star fighters" and have a dog fighting focused space game

Or would 70's/80's mecha be "old school" enough for you?

filename: bang, marry, kill

I'd probably pick the lizard because its the only one I haven't tried yet

they are all so deliciously smug

>not poltiically correct

So it's got "all cops are bastards" and "death to America" in big bold letters and it's instructing you on how to make bombs and telling you to kill ahead of state/CEO, start mass protests and riots, spread banned revolutionary literature or something else highly illegal that'd get you in trouble with the government? Like genuinely?

If not, it's not "politically incorrect", it's just something being edgelordy that's totally not dangerous and is perfectly toeing the line of the status quo of society. You just say it's "politically incorrect" because it make you feel like a cool rebel for just being an asshole.

Dude, whatever drugs you're on aren't doing you any favours.

>If not, it's not "politically incorrect"
>You just say it's "politically incorrect" because it make you feel like a cool rebel for just being an asshole
But user, that literally describes the overwhelming majority of "politically incorrect" media. Do you have some sort of delusion that "politically incorrect" necessarily means it's good, or has a message? That's silly.

The point of old school sci-fi is that both men and women wear very little and sexily, unlike the bland uniforms and fish tubs that all current sci-fi pushed.

Starfinder is coming out soon. Dunno if is what you are looking for but is something.

Look at that woman grabbing that lizard titie

Post Apocalypse:
15 Years Later
Aftermath
Apocalypse World
Apokalypse
Atomic Highway
Broken Urthe
CAT-Astrophy (Uses Fate)
Crawling Under a Broken Moon
D20 Modern (D20 Apocalypse)
Degenesis
Degenesis Rebirth
Fallout / Retrocalypse
Fuck Aramageddon
Fragged Empire
Gamma World
Grups
Hell on Earth - Lost Colony
Jovian Despair
Lonely World
Metamorphosis Alpha
Mutant Epoch
Mutant Future
Mutant: Year Zero
Numenaria
Other Dust
Post-Apocalyptic Hero (Hero System)
Ruinations
Savage Worlds
Sorcery & Super Science
SotDL - Godless
The Dying Earth
The Quiet Year
The Rad-Hack
This is Not a Test

Sci-Fi
3-16 Carnage Among The Stars
Albedo
Albion
Aliens
Alternity / Alternity Complete
Babylon 5 - A Call to Arms
Barbarians of the Void
Blade Runner RPG
Blam
Blue Planet
Chrome Strike Mech
Coriolis
CyberPunk 20/20
Double Cross
Engine Heart
Firefly RPG
Full Thrust
Heavy Gear
Jovian Chronicols
Ligionnaire
Living Steel
Mechanical Dream
Mekton / Mekton Zeta (R. Talsorian Games)
Paranoia
Serenity RPG
Star Frontiers
Stars Without Number
Strike Legion
Technoir
The Babylon Project
Traveller

When did you fuck a catgirl?

By the time that the Mutant Chronicles RPG had been written, the Scottish division of Target Games had been created. And while the concept of Mutant Chronicles is clearly that of the HQ in Sweden, as seen in the credits for concepts, editors and art direction, the books were written by people with Anglo Saxon names, and most of the artwork was done by people from the UK (and Paolo Parente).

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. Actually hard science, no artificial gravity, no forcefields, no aliens (gene tailored humans), ships are nuclear powered thermal with huge radiators, lasers are terrible while coilguns are standard, robots and AIs are everywhere.

I liked it, mostly because it wasn't what I expected.

Myriad Song is what I play Sundays. I like it

Being PC or not has nothing to do with why none of the MC RPGs have been good.

2 legit to quit suggestions

>Battle Century G
I'll look into it but my players are weebs and I want to do the jimmie rustle hustle.

If I wanted a list i'd go to Wikipedia.

I'm not really looking for post apoc and not really looking for gritty or cyber punk.

Just tell me you faves.

i know that ship!

That's because they are sure in their knowledge that they are the best iterations of their characters.

Salya is also best girl.

What is this from?

Read the thread.

The Filmation Flash Gordon cartoon. Be warned that the animation is 90% rotoscoping. Unless you're a fan of that.

also it's incomplete.

That's Newtypes for you.