Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

"Thou Norscan scullion, Kurgan wheelwright, brewer of Bretonnia, goat-fucker of the Eastern Steppe, swineherd of man-beasts, pig of the North, Strigany thief, catamite of Slaanesh, hangman of Sylvania, and fool of all the Old World and New, an idiot before Dazh, grandson of the Ruinous Powers, and the crick in our dick. Goblin's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, mutated brow, screw thine own mother!" edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HH9cNAOe34M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Phoenix King.

For those of you who play TWW, you may take interest in this. It's a prospective army list for the Kurgan, similar to how Norsca is about to be added. Mostly made for fun.

I'd post this on /twg/ but I feel like this place is better for stuff like this, and I know Total War is at least tolerated here.

I don't remember what version this is so it may be riddled with typos.

>It's not a phase, MOM.

>dwarf thunderers/quarrelers removed from the online store

Well shit

Just so i know, are there any retailers i your area that still sell the now out of production warhammer stuff?

I don't have any retailer nor lgs in my area, so i really don't have any way of knowing, but i'm intetested on how the miniature trading scene is holding up

What are some paints i could use instead of the GW ones?
Their price is too damn high and the quantity is too damn low, isn't there a good alternative quality-wise that also costs less?

Army Painter, Vallejo.

Wow, makes me wonder if GW actually does intend to phase out real dwarfs for their *tips coghat* m'dawi ebin meme dorfs.

So i found an old gang of 16 6th edition dwarfs n my closet, and this made me think back about making a dwarf army. Thing is 16 warriors are not enough for a unit, so i was wondering, how do they mix with more recent dwarf warriors?

Should I make them quarrelers instead? 16 quarrelers sound like a good number

thanks

I hope not, because i want to buy some warriors, ironbreakers and hammerers in the near future

You should make a Mordheim warband instead, muh dawi. Less minis, more personalisation, cheaper on the budget, more fun on the tabletop.

As far as mixing goes, you can kind of tell but it's not agonizing.

FRANZED

WTF is this mod.

YES INDEED

>Fimir are going to be playable in Total Warhammer before Lizardmen, Skaven or either flavour of Elf.

What a crazy world we live in.

Probably some waifufaggot shit to degrade elves.

Its a mod that adds mini heroes like elf adventurers and dwarfs to be recruitable from the tavern.
being this buttblasted that the elf fell for the BIG HUMAN COCK.

Half-elves barely exist in this world, please masturbate about your fanfiction somewhere else.

Nobody in my area plays mordheim. I myself never played mordheim except the videogame (which is fun)

But i want to amass some dwarf army and order as much shit i can from the closest GW shop i can just to spite them when they ask if i'm getting into AoS and tell them i'm planning to play 6th ed

But i've always been willig to play Mordheim, so maybe i'll set some models apart and try to build a warband. Problem is i barely know anything about mordheim and have no idea if and how dwarfs play in it

Honestly, I think the market is ripe for a revival of Mordheim with games like X-Wing bringing lots of fresh blood into the hobby. This is HERESY, but I wonder if such a game would do better if pre-painted assembled minis were the norm, or at least an option opposed to the proper assemble-customoze-paint method of us grogs.

I've been thinking what a Albion army would comprise of in Total Warhammer.

Basic troops are differently-armed barbarians; axes, spears then of course the alternate versions of those equipped with shields. Would bowmen fit too for the army to have missile units or are they too primitive?
Now to give them something a little more special when it comes to foot soldiers they would also get a unit type of fast low-defence berserkers, clad in only loincloths & woad while wielding big fuckoff two-hander spiked-shillelaghs/axes, would get extra bonuses on the charge to make them more devastating on the offence but are not so good for extended scrums.

Now a pictish/celtic army needs to have chariots to help flavor it so basically copy those from the Norscans for another unit.

Then you've got your giants of course, one of the primary draws of Albion, who are big melee monsters that can also throw boulders at range. Was thinking maybe should split it up into "young giants" that come in groups of something like three then just your full giant on its own.

Heroes and lords are pretty easy.
You have your chieftiens who are melee heroes than your Druids who are your caster hero.
Above them for the lord choice is your Truthsayer who is a caster that can also decently handle getting into melee.

Also if Truthsayers are in then that opens Fenbeasts, either as another unit type for the army or maybe something the Truthsayer can summon in battle.

Have another unit choice on the back of my mind, something not quite together yet.
Units of mobile skirmishers with the special deployment rules, basically sneaky primitive dudes covered in mud and little else like Arnie from Predator, armed with javelins and able to harass the enemy giving the Albion forces more options.

>Its a mod that adds mini heroes like elf adventurers and dwarfs to be recruitable from the tavern.
That sounds like a really cool mod.

Honestly being able to get units from other civs in your force is a neat gimmick as well.
Makes me desperate for the ACTUAL Regiment of Renown and the Dogs of War to make an appearance.

I want to be able to fight against the greenskins while having a unit of armored crossbow-wielding Orcs at my side.
Or crush the disgusting undead while the Cursed Company's hatred absorbs all their skeletons into itself.

Total war warhammerfag, out of curiosity were are any of the Bretonnia DLC units (2h foot squires, grail guardians, and whatnot) added into the 8th or 9th fan supplement thing?

Wrong pic user, you got the edgelord instead

Outside of Truthsayer/Dark Emissary/Fenbeast,the Norscan army seems to have everything an Albion army might: different kinds of lightly armoured barbarians, chariots, giants and Fimir (Kinda. We don't really know what kind of relationship the Albion natives have with the Fimir.)

You could almost mod them in at this point. It's just a shame there's no settlement on Albion and you can't really mod the world map.

Post your favorite artpiece depicting your favorite faction.

You maybe already posted it, so I will post this one which I also like.

Well apart from the fact Albions aren't lameass chaos-faggots.

There could be some sort of crossover or alliance between an Albion force and the Lizardmen.
Since the Slann and the Truthsayers both specifically serve the cause of the Old Ones.

scots are known for pikes and english are known for archers so give them both

Hey. Do any of you know where I can buy movement trays that are appropriately sized for WHFB? Especially movement trays from before horde-formation doubled the average footprint of infantry blocks?

Just figured this would be the best place to ask.

Dwarfs dominate in a long range shooting range. The extra 6" firing makes a difference, and their unique skills makes them very hardy and hard to put down - an amazing asset in the meta game.

Skaven with slings is still the king though.

Question: Does anyone else feel shooting is undervalued in Warhammer + subsidiaries because combat happens in both yours and the opponents phases?

IIRC, both 8th fan edition and 9th have some instance of "foot knights" which fill literally the same niche of Squires

the fanmade 8th edition also has Hippo Knights

None of them have Grail Guardians nor Royal Pegasus Knights last I checked

>Question: Does anyone else feel shooting is undervalued in Warhammer + subsidiaries
This is because of the legacy of 6th and 7th edition. In those editions, you didn't destroy your enemy by killing them, but instead by breaking them. The static bonuses to combat res from a rank-and-file unit being in CC in its front rank outweighed the raw killing power of everything save some VERY expensive and difficult-to-use rare-choices. This was an intentional design choice meant to simulate ancient warfare, and is sort of hard to really wrap your brain around if you've only played horde-formation-editions or skirmish-variants (mordheim included.) However, in the era of 6th, this was common knowledge, and sort of carried over into the skirmish-variants where it wasn't necessarily true. So yes, outside of the editions that generated that meme, shooting is indeed undervalued.

There's nothing quite as satisfying as killing a 1/4 of a unit with long range fire and watching it cause a panic cascade in the heart of their formation.

sup Veeky Forums

Me and my amigos ar going to play a little tournament tomorrow.

1250P, no Commanders, unique Heros, no ranged and nothing above toughness 4.

I`ll be playing WoC and the other 3 will be Welves, O&G and Counts.

Anyone have an idea for a fun-list? I`ll have to face all 3 after eachother with the same one.

This is true, though before horde-formations and volley-fire changed (and I'd argue simplified) the tactics of the game, only VERY specialized Empire and Dwarf armies could accomplish this, and it was a one trick pony, where if it didn't happen, and the enemy actually DID reach you with their rank-bonuses intact, you were VERY scared.

Again, I think this was kind of cool, like simulating Oda Nobunaga's gunline tactics against angry samurai who are charging your peasants-with-guns, knowing full well that they will slaughter your gunline if they reach it.

However, volley fire and horde formation made this tactic much more reliable, and open to a lot more armies than it was before. The latter, I like, but the former I don't. Everyone should be able to try the tactic, but gunlines are supposed to be a balls-to-the-wall one-trick-pony gambit, because this isn't 40k.

What edition?

>no Commanders
What?

no Lords, I guess

good `ole 8th

only heroes

Why no ranged? You just all hate the guy that plays wood elves?

yeah Lords

It was his idea. Dunno.

That just might make a Chimera too unfun and OP to use.

I'm still wrapping around the idea of Fimir being in a video game in 2017. Aren't they GW's old shame?

Oh and it`s not above toughness 4. It`s nothing above 4 wounds.

Try this:

++Hero++
Exalted Hero: w/ Disc of Tzeentch, Halberd, MoN, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone - 191
Exalted Hero: w/ Disc of Tzeentch, Halberd, MoN, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone - 191

++Troops++
Chaos Warriors: w/ (x17), FC - Gleaming Pendant, Shields, Mon - 290
Chaos Chariot - 110
Chaos Chariot - 110
Chaos Warhounds - 30
Chaos Warhounds - 30
Chaos Warhounds - 30
Chaos Warhounds - 30

++Special++
Chaos Knights - MoN, Ensorcelled Weapons

+++1231+++

Needs more Chariots and Marauder Horsemen for a force worthy of Surtha Ek.

I don't know about old shame. I just don't think they were that popular at the time.
Which is weird, because I think the celtic aspects are fairly unique.

They're a bit of an odd inclusion for Norsca, really, considering they are explicitly not Norse-themed, but I can't really complain.

Needs more bitches for Thulsa Doom, too.

But it's a starting point.

I've still got my fingers crossed that we'll see a 'Dark Beneath the World' campaign mechanic.

The Albion natives would not be allies of the Fimir.

The only source of womenfolk for the Fimir to rape on the misty island would be their wives, sister and daughters unlike the ones working with the chaos second-string wannabes who are getting women from participating in the marauders raids.

DID SOMEONE SAY BITCHES FOR THULSA DOOM?

>look, I posted it again!

Whats wrong with it? Just posting a wood elf in a warhammer thread isn't an issue.

I was imagining a 'Shadows Over Innsmouth' type relationship rather than any explicit alliance.

Now with extra B I T C C H

I have question about Estalia. It's a region with multiple kingdoms right? Do we have info on their people and armies?Or any notable characters

>End Times
Please get this out of here.

Skip bows, go javelins.

Fimir are creatures of Chaos even if they predate polar gates same as Dragon Ogres.

Also comes in Khaine flavor.

That pic is from Age of Reckoning. It has been reused in the End Times book.

No, they are not. Chaos abandoned them for mankind. Chaos doesn't want anything to do with them. At best they can deal with low grade daemonic entities but the Gods have no use for them.

They weren't always. From what I remember the Fimir sold themselves to Chaos, who lost interest and started neglecting them once the entire race was under their sway. I seem to recall dragon ogres are also a case of old creatures that later entered the service of Chaos.

Will Master Engineers be added to the Empire for Total War?

Maybe as a FLC

I don't old shame as much as "not that important in the grand scheme of things".

So just a unit armed with Javelins and shields? Little bit shorter ranged than other armies archers but better defended from missile fire?

The Dragon Ogres were a declining race of ancients that sold themselves in servitude to Chaos in exchange of immortality. Their servitude would end when the world gets destroyed, according to the deal they struck.

Spoilers : The Chaos Gods did not keep their end of the bargain. Despite the world being destroyed, the Dragon Ogres remains slaves to the Chaos Gods

From what I understand, much like the Zoats, they were originally designed to be something totally unique - that might have made them a bit offputting. More than likely, it was due to the fuckup: for some reason they were given the models of a troll-size monster, when they were supposed to be human sized. This made them absolutely horrible on the tabletop.

They aren't a shame. Rick has some interview about them. They tried to make them work but the end result wasn't pleasing for the devs so they shelved them. It's the same with the squats except the squatting.

>they also still had stats for a human-sized unit despite their larger size

Didn't make that clear.

I remember reading in the Van Horstmann book how a reason why the Chaos Gods (or at least Tzeentch) have such an interest in humans is because of how they need to consent on their free to sell their souls to the gods. The Fimir gave up everything, and so the gods lost interest in them and started seeking out new toys. Like how a pickup artist will move heaven and earth to claim a hard-to-get woman, but then moves on to the next hard-to-get once he conquers her.

Zoats for TWW when?

"Temporarily out of stock online"

FYI, this is what Irondrakes and Ironbreakers said two/three weeks back. And the Glade Guard and Wild Riders a few weeks before that.

I would fuck Hellebron in her young form. Goddamn she has a perfect body, no wonder Morathi was jealous and kept her out of the best cauldrons.

what did her face look like?

Dunno, never been shown as far as I know - at least not while she's in her youthful form. Which is weird, since she's apparently embarrassed to be seen as an old hag and likes to show off more when she's young, but maybe someone at GW developed a mask fetish towards the end - or just wanted to give her a more iconic design for an actual model.

Just for you I'm going to post her grandma form, but it's disgusting to look at an 80ish woman in witch gear so I'mma spoiler it.

I thought pic was morathi without blood.

aww yeaaaaaaaaaah

Or vampire flavor.

or just plain fertile flavor.

Vampires a SHIT

>wise immortal ruler
>it feels good when they succ you
Why do we oppose the lhamians again?

Guttertrash!
youtube.com/watch?v=HH9cNAOe34M

Imagine some poor vampiress trying to be scary and dominate the world in eternal night, but everyone thinks that she's a slut who'll stop leading her undead armies and fall on all fours if someone waves a cock in front of her.

From 7th ed DElf book.

>hey Hans, there's a bunch of killer goatmonsters innawoods
>here's a halberd, go kill them

It wouldn't be too hard considering huntsmen deal with most of them.

This didn't happen in Warhammer Fantasy though.

/aosg/ is thattaway.

It's probably a good way to make use of State Troops even when there's no active conflict with the undead or greenskins or something - making sure the woods are as clear as they can be so people can travel with a modicum of safety.

Its just kinda amusing that people have to fight creepypasta monsters in melee.

People beat Greater Daemons in melee.

And then Khorne turns them into bloodthirsters because that's amusing to him.

Aenarion, Sigmar and Gotrek didn't.

Felix helped!

>Wow, you are an angry little guy, huh?
>GRAAAH BY THE LADY I WILL KILL THEM AND RIP THEIR GUTS OUT AND BURN EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF THEM INTO-
>I think I'm going to call you 'Angry!'

Even Khorne was pretty scared of Aenarion if "the gods trembled" isn't excluding him. His Elf Not-Bro's sword was one of the only things that could kill him.

If I remember right there were creatures in a similar vein where Norse and Celtic peoples met.

While the main roots of the Fimir are Celtic the were places where the Norse Troll myths kinda merged with them I think.

So with lack of a full "Celtic" faction or having Fimir as a tiny independent faction (which would actually be kinda cool from a game perspective just having them non-aggressive and confined to their swamps but heavily defensive), I guess Norsca is the next best place to put them.

Just a shame I presume they are using the "Norse = Full Chaos" character, didn't older Norse fluff have them as mixed with some non-chaotic barbarians and some chaotic ones?