What are some non-combat career fields that adventurers can enter relatively easy.?

What are some non-combat career fields that adventurers can enter relatively easy.?

> druid becomes a shepherd
> wizard/bard becomes a school teacher

For the sake of argument, the character retired before max level.

>What are some non-combat career fields that adventurers can enter relatively easy.?

>Casters can become great construction workers or farmers.
>Rogues can become locksmiths
>All martials can become members of a local militia or instructors.

But yeah most PC classes would end up as teachers.

>>Casters can become great construction workers or farmers.
I'm sorry? Why would a wizard ever debase themselves to doing technically manual labor for someone else? They'd become apothecaries, seers, and cunning men long before they stoop to using their mastery over time and space to stack bricks for John Jackoff's new wall.

I didn't bust my ass saving the kingdom so I could work for a living. If I get out of this alive it's not without at least a barony or maybe a sinecure at wizard college.

fighters and barbarians could become sportsmen
rangers could easily be guides, trackers, trappers and hunters (does that count as combat?), or indeed park rangers
rogues could become politicans, diplomats, insurance salesmen, etc
clerics are self-explanatory

hardest is paladin because fighting evil is burned into the inner core of their being. they'd probably retire and become quiet farmers but you know someone is going to burn down their farm someday and they'll have to get out their sword for one last job.

I'd say paladins can also become simple priests too, healing the sick and contemplating the divine.
And occasionally setting the local rapscallions straight be reminding them they are the god's wrath made manifest on this world... and littering is bad.

Orphanages. Paladins would run orphanages

What do necromancers, warlocks and witches become?

Living in a dusty, stuffy room with dim light(so as not to damage ingredients) and no respect outside of that one time Timmy gets sick?

Casters in construction would just be sitting in a recliner outdoors, directing massive slabs of rock with one hand while sipping drinks in the other.

The elven ranger if my party is now an apprentice for a prominent blacksmith. The player's goal is to be able to craft badass weapons for the entire party. I think players having non-combat related goals makes for better character depth.

Well if real combat is out, how about staged combat?

Like a pro-wrestling style of theatrical combat? I want this.

That sounds more like mining.
Casting explosion in quarries, floating the stone out and leaving the workers to it.

>All this thicc posting

Necromancers: they're the guys who tend to graveyards and crypts.
Warlocks: Lawyers.
Witches: Alchemists and healers who utilize folk remedies and magic.

Don't forget that adventurers can also have non combat and non class related skills.

Mildred that baker might also have Accepted of Divine Might in the attic and used to be one of the most powerful sorcerers on the continent.
Nowadays she just has a pet fire elemental in the oven she spoils with pets and alchemical reagents.

>Accepted
A Sceptre, dammit autocorrect

>Living in a dusty, stuffy room with dim light(so as not to damage ingredients) and no respect outside of that one time Timmy gets sick?
That's the default state for every caster class but Sorcerers, you pud! Spending eight hours poring through books and thinking very hard or communing with spirits is how most casters rest!

A spellsword could probably dabble in smithing. Their talent for magic would make crafting magic gear a breeze, and they're very familiar with the use of weaponry and armor so they'd probably have a better sense for that kind of thing than a full-caster.

>lawyers

I think it's more a comment on how economically powerful just a handful of spells can be if put to use.

Hell, in "free cantrips" games like pathfinder you could be the best laundry service in the realm by yourself without any overhead like soap just spamming Prestidigitation all day.

The "construction wizard" in question would never actually have to touch any stone or wood and would have the INT to learn architecture quite well.

Druid, Wizard and Bard are pretty much careers by themselves even without adventuring, user.

That's obese, not thicc

>lawyers
Laffed

Its all relative

Fabricate+raw material. You could build a houses in minutes. Slap a new wing onto the local palace in a day.

>paladins
sheriffs in a small town in back bump nowhere

Full time parent.

I think giving the PCs baronies and other noble titles are cheap rewards. They should be given a villa or something so they can work on like an empty plot of land, only once they save the world and the campaign is over they should become nobles.

People who like "thicc" have very "thicc" skulls, please undastandu

It's not a cheap reward, it's actually traditional. Fighters used to get a castle, a title, and men at arms as a standard perk at level ten.

Clearly witches and wizards would be beauty salon work. Or magic cosmetic surgery.

>waist size still dwarfed by hip width
virgin

Based on my character. ..
Professional giant woman

>necromancers,
Taxidermists

I had a monk retire partway through a campaign as a jeweler and gemcutter. He made a decent living from it.

You thought this deer was live?
Nope! It's Chuck Testa.

Cook and/or eating contest champion

I'd like to hear more about these PCs!

In a state sponsored program infecting her with a demonic parasite that gives her the abilitiy to eat spells. Side effects include, never getting full and constantlyhhungry.

>Fighter
Depends on initial success, gear and build, expect them to end up as tutors, returning to their hometown and raising a family, marrying into royalty, establishing a kingdom, or getting a barony in some inhospitable location for their acquired deeds, or continuing their mercenary ways till they die. Training a country's army or working for a knighthood, guild etc, can always be possibilities also, their ability scores work wonders for most forms of DIY, so the life of a frontiersman comes to mind
>Wizard
Depends on chosen flaws, school specialization, faith, race, assets aquired, and level cap for the entirety of the campaign and story next to the feats the wizard worked with along the way, many variables present
>Rogue
Thieves guild, assassins guild or retirement, working as a fence, possibly long-term single
>Ranger
Lives and dies in the forest, or dies hunting getting shat out by a bear, couldn't ask for better if he tried, that, or dies trying to imitate 420Drizzt.
>Warlock
Usually ends up an outsider or a part of an outsiders court as one, I won't cover that Far Realm 4e bullshit with the star crap, 4e's Far Realm is positive ass.
>Dread Necromancer
They always end up the default MM-WE Humanoid only template applied Lich, so there's not much to go on beyond them becoming Demiliches after that and doing Epic-Level hijinks, next to tutelege, publishing of dark tomes, aiming for godhood, creation and effective management of Demiplanes using their demilich granted abilities, starting a cult or the like. Dread Necro's are those born with necromancy as a gift opposed to outright research skill and effort, and tend to be associated with a given Necromancy based Outsider, may serve them on a higher level or work in the clergy and faith.
>Death Master
Horrible Lich General of Orcus's armies or basically the level 30 guy from Throne of Bloodstone, not much else.
>Wu-Jen
Gensokyo-ass top Weeb bullshit that's next level asian, get married and tutor people mostly.

>Deathwalker
These guys are all about controlling the undead in order to become as such by constant corruption, so they're big on gathering armies, and conquering things, they've large Undead Control, so they're very obsessed with having something of their own.
>Fleshcrafter
Dr. Victor Von Frakenstein, supplies grafts, Flesh Golems that can pass off as the living, kills people making it look like he's healing them with Heal skill checks, use Coup De Grace as a standard action using his knowledge of anatomy, and is always out for human bodies so he can further his research
>Soul Reaper
Epic-Level Mask of the Betrayer tier threat, this prick doesn't just kill people, he often ERASES THEM or binds them to service in anguish enduing ways that errode who they are and were and is adept with the use of incorporeal creatures, this guy is out to violate the sanctity of the dead in any location, he is an afterlife rapist, and get's high skill checks, such as being able to understand any language he wants using the amalgamation of all souls he's raped into a single familiar that obeys him no matter what at threat of torture, including using any feat he qualifies for for 1 minute (yeah, that's fucking broken under certain conditions) or he shoves it into a skeleton to work for him, and this cunt gets two bonus feats, this is broken because if he takes the Planar Touchstone feat he get's a free Domain power to use with the spells under special conditions, and he can technically gain abilities only DEITIES have access to if he makes himself qualify, But he'd take the Spirit domain for more soul-binding evil and the ability to make working vooodoo dolls because he's basically the Necromancer version of Diviner but worse.

An example to others.

Oh look, it's fatposting time again.

I've always wanted to get into pen and paper RPGs but too autist. But I've always liked the idea of someone who's a chef that started adventuring to collect recipes and ingredients.

>when you remember most bus stops have a clear acrylic roof

Rogues can be security troubleshooters. Worried that your fancy new magic security system isn't up to snuff? Have this guy try to break in. He won't actually steal anything, and can easily point out flaws and how to fix them.

Sick burn

I had a shadowrun mage who was actually a beauty salon worker before becoming a shadowrunner.
Rich fucks pay a lot (To the establishment, not the worker, of course) for authentic magic rejuvenation and magically perfect touch ups for their nails and hair.

Is that... baby jumping out of her busted gut?

I mean, if you were a baby, would you like hanging out in a fire?

A person devout to Tempus knows only war

Fighter becomes a town constable.

Artificer becomes the town repairman.

Alchemist becomes the town brewer.

Barbarian
>Wilderness Guide/Caravan Guard/Hired Muscle.
Bard
>Musician, Diplomat, Historian.
Cleric
>Priest, Motivational Speaker, Physician.
Druid
>Gardener, Park Ranger, Animal Trainer.
Fighter
>Martial Trainer, Prize Fighter, Cultural Historian (Martial styles).
Monk
>Physical Trainer, Acrobatic Performance, Philosopher.
Paladin
>Physician, Public Speaker, Honor Guard.
Rogue
>Con-Artist, Appraisal/Commerce, Bar-keep/Darts Hero.
Sorcerer
>Court Mage, Secluded Mysterious Technically Town-Occupant, kinda depends on the spells known.
Wizard.
>Librarian, Court Mage, Scribe.

Fighter/Mage types of various sorts fit into either category or both depending on their opportunities.

Samurai don't really retire much, but likewise fit for the Fighter or Monk options.

Swashbucklers
>Fishing King of the Bay, Reformed Cargo Captain, Dock Manager.

Scouts
>See Ranger/Rogue.
Spellthieves.
>Probably going to actually retire on stolen loot and magical trinkets.
Ninja
>Tend to retire feet first into a box, but Yakuza probably hiring.

>Pic related, retired hunter and ranger spends time helping raise animal companion's next generation for his clan's next generation of Gryphon Riders.

why aren't these sorts of things commonplace in campaigns

Necromancers
>Undertakers, Mortality Counselors, Computer Technicians.
Warlocks.
>Contract Negotiators, Soul-Engine Fuel, Fey Playthings, Anime Supporting Cast.
Witches
>You don't stop being a witch. You just pick a smaller, calmer area to be a witch in. That said, Witching tends to include midwifing, wisewomaning, and a bit of alchemy more often than not.

Because it doesn't always fit the concept of the campaign setting for things to make sense or be easily financially viable. It also requires the knowledge of the Spell to be present, available, and definitely not horded away by secret-worshiping mages and clerics who want to keep the majority of the peasant rabble population and preferably as much of the noble rabble population as ignorant and meek as possible to maintain their superiority.

But since power tends to fall into the hands of predatory and ambitious individuals who will snipe potential usurpers, a lot of magical settings are locked in a per-renaisance situation. If I understand it right the basis for a lot of "magic hasn't ruined the world or fixed everything forever yet" settings have organizations that actively limit magical know-how and even mundane education and technology for thing like gunpowder and alchemy to avoid armed warfare from escalating past swords and spears and axes and shields and if you're Really smart long-bows and horses.

Most campaigns don't make sense. Magic's impact on society is normally ignored same way any social or technological differences are.

Magic lacking any real danger or effort and not being particularly hard to learn and having unclear fluff requirements like in D&D would have massive social and economic impact on society, yet they all still seem to be nice romanticized feudal worlds.

Why don't you like adventurers with +100 to rear defense?

What classes could actually function THICC?
Casters don't have to care about physical ability.

Paladin is easy. They just take to a task they deem as being worthy and commit to it wholly.
>Paladin janitor keeps the temple spotless and can also assist the local constabulary as a volunteer deputy

Trappers?
Blacksmiths?
Crafters in general?

Would tieflings have any career options?

Depends on their skills, personal reputation, and the reputation of their kind among the local culture. I don't think they had any particularly lucrative innate magics but I could be failing to remember something.

Cossack.

Cook and smiths. (natural fire, ice, electricity resistence) darkvision an all.

prostitutes and edgy bards

On 4e, definitely. Lawyers being a surprisingly popular one.

>> druid becomes a shepherd
I think we're all underestimating just what kind of a farmer/livestock keeper a druid would be. Not to mention that it's arguable that a druid could just be a druid with no real emphasis on combat at all.

The Fire and Cold in-built resistance makes Tieflings ideal to become smiths, cooks, firefighters. Blacksmiths or anything else where exposure to fire and heat is common.

Bath house worker.

>Society so utterly demented, sick, twisted, cruel, and ignorant that they burn pregnant women at the stake for imagined crimes, live in their own wallowing shit filth, casually play torture games with animals when bored.

>Almost all of them die in horrible, graphic, agony caused by plague.

>Gods face when they cry out, "WHY IS HE SO CRUEL? WE DINDU NUFFIN?? WE WAZ GOOD CHRISTIANZ!!!"

>Almost all of them die in horrible, graphic, agony caused by plague.
Uh... the witch-hunts and burnings came well after the Black Death, user.

Veeky Forums. Bad at history.

Mine retired to be an alchemist/herbalist and village healer after taking, I shit you not, an arrow to the knee in a rather low(er) magic campaign. It didn't heal right, leaving her with a bad limp and nastier pain if she pushed too hard, like she would wearing half plate and busting in cultist enclaves.

So she settled down as an alchemist and non/low-magic healer in some small farming town, married a good-humored young man, and happily raised (and eventually trained) two daughters.

Dragon Relationship counceler

Any class that's squishy could stand to get squishier, so pretty much casters.

My merciful healer cleric is a chef whenever we're in town. It's also super useful while traveling too. Everyone likes a nice meal!

Our gm is nice and lets us use our professions with points/ranks in them as more than just money. If I roll well enough while we rest, the meal I prepare gives us an extra max hp point or some other small benefit he fluffs at the time. It's very nice.

I threw a few ranks in Clothier as well, and whenever we kill a noteworthy mean animal the party fighter/barb has me add a token to his jacket, so he has owlbear feathers and bear pelts and stuff like that, and he gets bonuses on intimidating people who like those animals or the animals themselves if they're intelligent enough to recognize. It's really neat and a nice way for the party to interact.

After my adventuring days I plan on being a chef!

People talk about thicc a lot. but for a retired adventurer? its the most likely thing to happen.

High active lifestyle diet when that life style stops? Combined with the fair assumption that adventurers that retire rather than die are more likely to be somewhat wealthy, and you get a great deal of softening.

gods forbid you throw having children into the mix

>Snakes with belly buttons

>Not having a party with everyday, non-combat careers in the first place

>What are some non-combat career fields that adventurers can enter relatively easy.?

>What career will your character take once they retire?

Transporter. My character loves to drive, has the skills, and could be an independent transporter between Seattle and the PCC.

>>Casters can become great construction workers or farmers.

So as a caster I take my highly valued specialized skills learned over a lifetime and use them as a replacement for manual labor (putting out of business many skilled and unskilled laborers) instead of using my magical skills in areas where there is always a large demand such as divination, protection, or even teaching the next great wizard? That'd be like Jeff Bezos retired and then as an after Amazon career went to go manage a McDonalds, complete waste of talent and experience.

>That'd be like Jeff Bezos retired and then as an after Amazon career went to go manage a McDonalds, complete waste of talent and experience.
Something that happens a staggeringly amount in the real world. The more focused and honed your craft is, the harder it is to get back into a field that will utilize those exact skill sets. Plus, very few employers are going to be willing to match whatever your payroll was at your previous job right out the gate.

Godhood

>Godhood
>willingly giving up your ability to it interplanar brothels in Sigil
For what purpose?

Lame

Witch Burning was done by protestants. They're not real christians.

The Spanish Inquisition even declared witches to not exist and trialed people who killed women accused of "witchcraft".

It's not the most exciting job but it makes ends meet

>The Spanish Inquisition even declared witches to not exist and trialed people who killed women accused of "witchcraft".
The Orthodox as well iirc

Yeah. The Orthodox have been even more moderate than catholics. Even if people went to """"witches"""" cause they were superstitious the church didn't even bother to aknowledge it.

What stats do I need to survive a facesitting from her?

Once again filthy dumb proddy scum proves itself to be the worst.

Depends on how tall she is and how tall you are. If she's anything bigger than a halfling, though, you're gonna need a constitution check for anything longer than three minutes.

What about endurance?