/pgg/ /pfg/ - Downtime Edition

Paizo Games General/Pathfinder General
No Starfinder Thread to crosslink

Downtime Edition! How much downtime do you get between quests? What do you do during it? How do you like your plot hooks delivered?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Saint_(Tactics)
youtu.be/Y_oLivBA2o8?t=37s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>only /pgg/ /pfg/
>not /pgg/ /pfg/ /sfg/
Shiggy diggy.

where is everyone

We usually do our shopping. My character hits the bars and the baths, if possible. She's been trying to learn how to meditate from the monk, but she struggles to sit still. Sometimes we do downtime roleplay things, which are fun.

Fucked off from this cancerous thread.

I'm at the store. Want anything?

It's a saturday, all fucked off to their games and videogames or boozing it up alone

I could use about tree fiddy.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days (Ends in 5 days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Ends in 2 weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown (Ends in 2 weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane (Ends in 1 month)

Waiting on players at the LGS.

I'm really getting a bamboozle vibe on Iron gods and Intrigue.

I'll be boozing alone before depression gaming at 2300. It's only 1100 now, so I've got time.

>tfw too big of a pussy to booze up alone

it's just no fun by yourself

It's not a good thing, honestly. Not doing it alone is way better.

We can probably start working on a response for the inevitable "I want to run Starfinder, wat do?" questions.

I propose the following:

Nothing from Pathfinder
No 7th level or higher spells

I can see Iron Gods, given that the DM was MIA for a week, but why on Intrigue?

A lot of material necessary to make a proper app is still missing.
Most importantly description of the factions, their benefits, etc.
The apps that are already submitted there are mostly dumb weeb poster shit with serious ERP vibes, meaning they are only done because their authors didn't put much thought besides "This makes my peepee hard" into them.

>The apps that are already submitted there are mostly dumb weeb poster shit with serious ERP vibes
What?
Could you elaborate? Which apps do you think are ERP shit and why? Well, besides the obvious Tamamo.

God, I wish I had a good game to no-life right about now. I've been playing oodles of Subnautica but I need something new, you dig?

Have you tried Dragon's Dogma?

>IG Bamboozle
Not a fucking gain.

I hate Kobolds so much, everyone who plays them are insufferable.

>Reserved Wheat

>Most importantly description of the factions
When I applied to Intrigue, I simply extensively discussed this with the DM to flesh my character out. PM's are always an option that is on the table.
>their benefits, etc.
One of the threads says everyone starts without any mechanical faction benefits and may only gain those after game start, so it's irrelevant for apping.

Try Titanfall 2. The movement system in the game is super fun and if you run around like a madman with a projectile weapon it feels quite a bit like old style quake

I don't even want it in the Starfinder setting. Give me a new system.

You're insufferable

I have not, though I've heard a lot about it! Not sure if swording fantasy is something I want, though.

The only thing that's kept me from buying that is the clear emphasis on Multiplayer.

If I put Re: in a game name, would it be an instant red flag?

Why are you putting Re: in the campaign name?

Re: Zero

For a pun.

Yes. It shows that your a flavor of the month cockgobbler. Get better taste.

I mean, Dogma is animeish and utterly ridiculous. It doesn't take itself seriously except on occasion. Play it, it's great.

What pun? What's the campaign you're planning to make?

I'm pretty sure that would make a lot of the self-proclaimed "anime connoisseur" autists that hang around absolutely REEEEEE

>A game not taking itself seriously is a compliment
>Anime is a positive description

>REEEEEE
>not RE:EEEEE
You failed senpai.

I mean I thought the game took itself reasonably seriously for the most part. It's mostly the culture of the fanbase and the fucking silly nature of Pawns that make people think it's silly.

Calling it animeish also seems off.

I FAILED YOU, MASTER

This is just in general.

How about a Star Fox setting? It's likely to come up often in /pgg/

Fuck yes

>Star Fox setting

I'd rather have Dead Space or Halo.

Not going to lie, all of those sound like they could be fun.

Thinking about it, this and Macross' reliance on fighter planes would really sell the science fiction setting.

Now we combine it with Talespin, the PCs are future couriers and have to deal with pirates and the Corp that wants payments on their ship.

Maybe you can clarify something for me.

In Halo 2 and 3, Earth is kibble and all the other colonies have been destroyed. How is it that Himanity turns that around and it looks like the Elites are the refugees in 5?

MAAA CUU ROSS

Because the current writers of Halo are bad?

>All the other colonies are destroyed

Not true, the war decimated Humanity but it was just that, a decimation.

>Dead Space

Campaign Title: Trouble on L.M.2. Station

Summary: PCs arrive on a nice sized space station, unaware that is being used as a testing lab by Rain Poncho, Inc. to make all sorts of beasts. Of course, they escape and the PCs are at the opposite end of the station from their ships.

Can they survive?

Special Treat: Gene mods are littered throughout the station. Effects are permanent, but useful against the monsters. Will they become monsters as they try to fight them off?

I'll go with this?

Wouldn't they be full of Separatists who would want freedom from the UNSC in exchange for help?

The PCs get their start on Absalom station where they respond either as a friend of a friend or a close friend to a mistress to a brothel/bar. She's looking for "outsiders" to help uncover the death of one of her girls at the hands of weasel of a man who's the son of one of the wealthy crime families on Absalom but she also suspects he's planning something that can affect the whole of Absalom's underworld and the government itself.

As the PCs investigate they start uncovering numerous victims who have been scalped and their eyes taken....

What bloodline should I go with for a Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Sorcerer X? I'm leaning towards Sage, but if there's anything fun or thematic you think I can do, please share.

Also, any archetypes I should consider? I can't take any other archetypes for the wizard, but if there's any neat ones I should consider for Sorcerer, I'd love to hear it.

Blasting, there's no reason to be a spellslinger if you aren't going to utilize those x3 spellcrits.

Helping my in-laws. Putting down some fungicide in the basement of my mother-in-laws. Then I've going to help my father-in-law sand some floors in one of the apartment's we own.

>ID the helicopter in this military sim
Okay captcha.

Orc bloodline.

It doesn't actually synergize in any particular way, but I think that the Umbral bloodline would be pretty cool as a Spellslinger, since you'd pretty much be a stealthy sniper that can even teleport around and switch places with allies once you get Shadow Veil. Just stay in shadows and let loose.

>Blasting
Blasting is not a bloodline or archetype, user.

>Orc bloodline.
...why? The Arcana of +1 dmg per dice on spells?

>Umbral
That sounds pretty cool, honestly.

Stat me, using Path of War.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Crossblood Orc/Draconic

What are must have items for a 5th level gish char?

Stat me /pfg/

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Saint_(Tactics)

Do a Spellslinger Bard instead. Let the sound of bullets be your music. Take Perform (Firearms).

>tfw Iron Gods bamboozled

What did he mean by this?

Iron Gods is not real.

Bamboozle is a term used around here to indicate that a person that said they were going to run a game ends up not running a game, sometimes for pretty valid IRL reasons and sometimes not.

Don't forget to tip your metal fedora.

Even so, I will make a robot fister.

Would people here be interested in an all Kobold campaign?

>Spellslinger Bard
Goddamn you, I can't help but to consider it, but I can only imagine it sucking ass. Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Bard (Mute Musician) X, Perform (Bullets), this character writes itself.

Usually get frisky, buy items, and plan our next move.

I don't know, occasionally, I want to fight more than one kind of monster.

Of course.

Which statline? Zethian or base?

Or both, but if you use baseline you might end up slightly more powerful later?

PLEASE THEIR DRACONIC MASTERS

Can't you tell a good story without race restricting to your fetish?

youtu.be/Y_oLivBA2o8?t=37s

I was just going to go Zethian but that's not a bad idea.

I'd honestly love this. I love focused scenarios and campaigns that go along a theme. With everyone being the same race/races, it's always interesting to see what people end up with.

My first idea is to make something Witch-y or Oracle-y, maybe even a Cleric, or refluff anything that can pass as priestly (I really wish there was something like a Bard for divine casters) and go on and on about the favour of the great dragons, claiming gospel.

If I played a Kobold campaign I'd want to have it essentially be a joke campaign with reference to how bad their stats are. Instead of going out to save the world a Kobold party's team mission is to try and retrieve a single cow to bring back to their Dragon master.

I.. I have no idea what's going on.

How big would a mech have to be to comfortable fit 5 or 6 pilots people inside?

Like all in the chest? Are we talking bipedal or a quadruped? Probably huge, maybe gargantuan for extra leg room, and I imagine you could size those two down for a quadraped.

>How big would a mech have to be
Colossal. Always. Nothing smaller ever.

>a joke campaign
Please no.

Depends on your setting, and technological levels. Do they each have to operate a limb or is it automated? Do they each need to man weapons or are subsystems not regulated?

Only if it's got more to it than just "all kobold campaign" AND if you post the article on kobolds from Inner Sea Races in the LFG.

Also ideally the PCs are pic related (taken from Inner Sea Races). It might require you to make a custom stat line for them as playable races, but that's okay- IMO any campaign that restricts players to one race needs to have that race come with variable ability score modifiers (a flexible bonus like humans or variant heritages like tieflings) and you could have different colored kobolds get different stat lines.

I wanna play as Kobold King Black!

I actually use this as my origin for dragonkin...

Yeah, seconding. I'd much rather play a campaign about a joke race coming into their own under powerful PC leaders than one where the joke is played straight.

Half-Dragon Kobold War campaign? I could get behind cutting a bloody path to glory for my father.

Why are you weirdos so obsessed with Kobolds.

You voiced it better than my "Please no". I enjoy races that are usually considered jokes both in-character and out of character being taken seriously, and while there'd obviously be the obligatory bumbling and general kobold-ness that marks them as the endless fuckups they in fact are, slapstick and ridiculous objectives get old really fucking fast.

Playing it straight doesn't mean it can't be funny, but I'd much rather see the party try to form a kobold ladder to reach tall windows and loose their grips as they try to actually achieve something, rather than just because lol so funny and it's all for a cow lol it doesn't matter I guess maybe lol.

My first thought of concept was some form of dragon priest, and it would be a fuckup and it would interpret "the signs" arbitrarily and it'd probably be pretty dumb, but when push came to shove it'd actually take things seriously because it doesn't want to die and any potential hilarity would be reinforced by the party and their trials and travails. It would actually be cool if at the end of the day there'd be the trope scene of selfish people that have grown to appreciate eachother and their group. Except it's the entire party, happy to proverbially backstab eachother until shit gets real.

why are you not

>Half-Dragon Kobold
There's kobold only feats that pretty much makes you into a half-dragon already desu. Also, I believe that kobolds actually count as dragons already, although I may be mixing things up with 3.5 desu.

I could fish out my old kobold Oracle/Dragon Disciple build that I never got to play in a game! She advocates a philosophy of being like a dragon and forcing your will upon the world- a might makes right sort of stance, though with a few nuances. After all, if a kobold with a fucked up leg can kick ass and change the world, do you have any excuse not to be able to do the same? But no sane DM would allow the Improved Caster Level or Noxious Bite feats, and I'm pretty sure the build actually sucks.

Because kobolds are fun.

I'd be just as interested in another race's variant greater version coming into power and leading an army to conquer more territory, honestly. I'm much more interested in plant and insect races.

In an all-kobold game, I think that all kobolds should flat-out get Shoulder-to-Shoulder for free, because they're going to take it anyway, and all it replaces is Crafty.