/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Silt Strider Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

And by popular* request:
[TES 5E Conversion] uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos, except giant bugs.

*"Popular" = one guy keeps asking about it.

Previous kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Bal_Molagmer
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz_kHnv3Jqbua2tYZWEwTzdrdkk
en.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Fall_of_the_Snow_Prince
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Gods_S
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just ran my first ES session last night, went great. The party is in the archipelago just south of Vvardenfell. My question is this: does anybody have any ideas for plot hooks or adventures that would be unique to Morrowind? Something that could only really be done in Vvardenfell, Morrowind or Solstheim.

Game is set a couple centuries after the events of Skyrim.

How about wiping out the cliff racers?

>Game is set a couple centuries after the events of Skyrim.
Hmmm... How about wiping out the resurgent cliff racers?

>Just ran my first ES session last night, went great.
Hey, that sounds really fun. What system are you running it in?

>does anybody have any ideas for plot hooks or adventures that would be unique to Morrowind?
What kind of scale are we talking about here? "Kill the rats in the basement" or "Save the world from Dagoth Ur"?

Stuff you could do:
>Find the tomb of Symmacus, recover his corpse and some Ra'athim family heirlooms. Keep the stuff to yourself, sell it to the highest bidder, or turn it in to his descendants for a reward.
>Rescue a nobleman's son from a group of Mabrigash.
>Protect a procession of the dead, heading for Necrom.
>Mer live for a long time, and sometimes grudges be passed on through generations. Descendants of once-important Hlaalu members seek revenge against the other houses, Redoran in particular.

Slavery is now legal in Morrowind again and you have to catch some runaway Argonian slaves before they go back to Blackmarsh

>new thread

A trio of incredibly powerful figures identifying themselves as the Tribunal have begun a series of holy shadow wars against the reclaimed Daedric church in order to "regain" power. The players choose a side, and ultimately figure out the truth behind the new (old?) tribunal's divinity (or lackthereof).

What are some other organizations of thieves in the Lore besides the Thieves guild?

There's the Camonna Tong in Morrowind which is essentially a Dunmer version of the Thieves Guild. There is also the Summerset Shadows which we see a bit of in Skyrim, granted there doesn't appear to be any in-game books or lore about them.

Why do khajiit have jowls in skyrim?

Because moon phases.

Because all races share the same skeleton pattern mesh, and the tail is merely "equipped" but does not appear when you use the "showinventory" command. So therefore the beast races have to move their mouths the same as the humanoids.

Camona Tong is more like a Dunmer mafia than a thieves guild desu

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Bal_Molagmer

do khajiit of different moon phases fuck eachother

Probably.
Other than not "fitting" if you catch my drift, I doubt there's any reason to not fuck each other.
The heart wants what the heart wants, and the heart wants a barbed dicking.

>do khajiit ... fuck
Yes.

Get outta here Barenziah you filthy thot god damn

No.

>tfw barenziah ruins the reputation of an entire peoples' female population
THANKS BARENZIAH

I never really cared that much for Dunmer to begin with.

>GOOD races
Imperials
Bretons

>ALRIGHT races
Redguard
Nords
Dwemer

>SHIT races
Orcs
Khajiit
Argonians

>DOGSHIT races
Altmer
Dunmer
Bosmer
Falmer
Maormer

I agree with the Bretons, but the Khajiit being in the shit tier? SAD.

Wrong

>GOOD races
Imperials
Altmer
Dunmer

>ALRIGHT races
Bretons
Bosmer
Argonaians
Falmer

>SHIT races
Redguards
Nords
Maormer
Orcs

>DOGSHIT races
Dwemer
Khajiit
Sload

Suggestion for the Tabletop/P&P RPGs list:

>Edge of Tamriel
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz_kHnv3Jqbua2tYZWEwTzdrdkk

A narrative dice system for ES

What's Elsweyr like? Are their cities? Bedouin tribes? What sort of things would be >habbening for a group of adventurers to mess with? Is there a Tower there?

Looking primarily at setting it right after Skyrim.

Who /Marukhati/ here?

Expunging the Mundex Arena of the Aldmeri Taint is the legitimate quest of Shezarr.

Shezarr's dead, both literally and metaphorically since no one actually worships him.

Yes, he is the Missing Sibling. The Alesstics still venerate him, however. In a way, Shezarr lives on through Man. He is the spirit behind all human undertaking.

But I suppose Talos now occupies his sphere.

ayy

>shit races
>orcs

I see what you redguards did there

One of the Thieves in Skyrim mentions some smaller guilds. I think it was the bosmer?

Theres both city's and tribes I think.

After Skyrim? Moon sugar smuggling, Thalmor dickery, Khajiit rebels. Eleswyr was split into two different provinces by the Thalmor, Something and Ecquitaine I think.

The tower in Elsweyr I think was the Mane and the Thalmor killed it before Skyrim.

Look at the wiki's for more info.

Tam! RUGH!

What are you doing here, n'wah?

Wasn't Shezzar just an Imperial version of Shor, who is still worshipped by the Nords? Sheor is the Bad Man of the Breton pantheon. And on a related note, is Hoon Ding really existant now, along with the Redguard pantheon in general?

>Hoon Ding

I still don't know if this is the worst name in the Redguard-associated lore, or if that title goes to Gaiden Shinji.

So did Orcs literally dindu nuffin?

just a question, but how would someone here feel about joining a notashlander tribe on a fantasy themed server

IN THEIR TONGUE HE'S DINDUKIIN

NIGGERBORN

Hills in the far north, with cities and a huge inland desert. Tribes wander the desert areas. The south is forested, has jungle areas and is generally a lot more fertile, with richer cities and agrarian lifestyles.

That's the short way to describe it, anyway. Read up on the regional differences of Elsweyr.

Essentially the Confederation of Elsweyr was undone, making Anaquina and Pellitine separate client states of the Dominion.

Orcs are fun.

How are the ES mods for Mincraft? I know the graphics will be blocky, but any compelling gameplay?

Orcs are monsters.

This ones a vanilla with heavy plugins, magic crafting, alcohol brewing, town claims

The confederation was created because of the moon cycles and making sure no one group of Khajiit had too much power, right? And now the Mane is missing, totally not anyone's fault. So the Thalmor are really fucking with their 'natural state' in a way. Maybe it's their way of destroying their Tower.

Can I expect romantic commitment from a Khajiit?

cool

maybe one raised outside of elsweyr.

>who is Ahnassi

A twofaced slut, that's who.

Tell me about the Bosmer. Why are they so smug?

Are the Dwemer ruins in Skyrim just Bethesda being lazy or unoriginal. I've heard that Dwemer only existed in Morrowind and Hammerfall and that what we see in Skyrim is brand new.

>Are the ___________ in Skyrim just Bethesda being lazy or unoriginal
Yes.

It was completely added in Skyrim. Not that that's a bad thing, I think it fits pretty well.

What about the Falmer? Did we know anything about them or did they even exist before Skyrim?

Before skyrim,the only information to be had on the falmer was in the bloodmoon dlc, more specificaly, this book:
en.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Fall_of_the_Snow_Prince
Back then nords use to thought that rieklings were what was left of the falmer.

And that was it.

Bethesda being lazy and unoriginal. But it isn't a bad thing in this case. It's kind of cool that the Dwemer had an expansive underground empire.

they we presented as a nord superstition in morrowind, but a historical race.

skyrim having them in every other dungeon kind of ruined that

I liked the link to the Dwemer and the idea that they'd gotten bolder as shit became more chaotic in Skyrim.

Amusingly, there are no Falmer on Solstheim even in Dragonborn.

Didn't they explain it by saying the Dwemer that went to Hammerfell set up settlements or something? I can't remember.

But I can understand why they'd do it from a game perspective - Oblivion had really boring dungeons with little variation in color or form. I don't think Skyrim would have been near as fun as it did manage if all it had were Nordic ruins and caves, even if they did better with those than Oblivion did.

I loved ayleid ruins though. Skyrim alwas struck me as having the most boring dungeon design.

oh yeah, I think skyrim's dwemer and falmer stuff was good, but the use of the falmer as the only alternative to draugr and bandits killed their mystery

Huh, you're the first person I've seen who actually liked the Ayleid ruins. I hated them, personally.

There was also the Reachmen, but yeah.

>The confederation was created because of the moon cycles and making sure no one group of Khajiit had too much power, right?
No, you're confusing the Confederacy with the Riddle'Thar itself. It's related, but not the same.

Sure, why not?

The argonian account is cool. I hope someday when we get a TES Black Marsh, that the swamp in the game lives up to the swamp portrayed in the lore. With fast travel worms, insane illusionist lizards, and a complete disregard for authority.

I like the idea of Aylieds, and the weight of their history that actually added something to the dungeons - they were lost cities with names and sometimes histories - and the Aylied wells and their focus on starlight added interesting ideas about how magic theory evolved over time.

But the ruins themselves were like most of the rest of the dungeons, only they had blueish-green light instead of orange. They were grey, dark and dim, with pretty random enemies, and there's not as much of a sense that anyone ever lived in them compared to Dwemer ruins. Skyrim had a boring design in how straightforward the dungeons were, true, but they looked nice and never quite felt repetitive, as long as you didn't literally go through the same dungeons over and over.

>how straightforward the dungeons were
God I fucking hated how every dungeon had a secret passage back to the entrance.

Theme wise I enjoyed the ayleid dungeons, and I liked that there was enemy variety in them. Skyrim's dungeons seemed to be about 50% draugr, 40% falmer, and 10% other.

Skyrim dungeons tended to have at least two tribes of enemies in each dungeon, sometimes more than that, to be fair.

I was always glad of that myself, though I agree that a lot of Skyrim dungeons are a touch too linear.

Technically Dunmer should be there too, then.

Dunmer were just cosmetically cursed; they didn't have their god literally eaten and crapped out.

>they didn't have their god literally eaten and crapped out.
I dunno, Vivec seems like the type to have some degenerate fetishes like that.

Eh, he just liked biting spears and penetrations of his second aperture. Pretty tame stuff, really.

Oh sure, Vehk does it and it's perfectly fine, I do it, and I get the guards called on me for "sexual assault"

To be faaaair, those are the same guards who get irreversibly booty blistered if you so much as touch an article of their armor.

What are some interesting Eras and events you'd like to visit in a TES game?

What else would you use?

Living Dragon Cultists would've been nice

The Simulacrum in general is pretty fun, and it's a great setting for adventures.

I don't see much reason to shift away from the timeline of the first four games or the timeskip to Skyrim; they're all interesting enough in their own ways, and after a point you're either going into mythical history or ESO territory, which will always spark much debate no matter how you feel.

Middle Dawn.

Is it just me or are men, particularly Nords, the skrubs of Tamriel and Elder Scrolls
>Cosntantly warmongering, wanting to murder everyone for like no reason
>Always have some OP divine intervention when they defeat Mer
>Lose against Mer when they don't have Gods on their side i.e. the Great War and the war against the Direnni
>Obsessed about honor even though they worship a lying god (they don't deny this)
>lying god got BTFO'd by Elven gods
>Don't use magic because it's too scary or something
They just seem like total skrubs

Was there any divine intervention when Ysgramor and his companions wiped out the Falmer? I can't remember

The Marukhati Selective's Dragon Break.

The cataclysm in Yokuda, and the Redguards' arrival in Tamriel.

The events surrounding the Wipl-Pipl and his Nineteenth Nostril, particularly as it relates to Jygalian trans-Aurbia.

Dwemer are the scrubs. Tried to use a reality cheat code to get an OP killbot and got BTFO by the server.

Why aren't there Mimics in Tamriel? They seem like they'd make for a good Daedric entity

Although it's just UESP, I have found something mentioning a god named Sai who helped the Nords in their initial conquests on Tamriel.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Gods_S

> He brought prosperity to the region, which resulted in the Snow Elves being driven from Skyrim and the Nords taking over large parts of Morrowind and High Rock.

If you created a universe where the echo of your brother who tried to steal your waifu was the lying god, wouldn't you let his people screw themselves over and tilt things in favor of yours?

>the echo of your brother who tried to steal your waifu

I hate this MKwank so much.

Feel free to leave.

What have we got to talk about without it? It's about half of the lore that's not obvious to anyone who's played the games enough.

>MKwank
It's fucking Anuad you double retard.

>metaphysics is limited to Kirkbride
fuck off s'wit