Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_JNlku5xy9Q
coinmarketcap.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

total amt of coins times the price- basically the total value of a coin

why dont you just google this basic shit

I'm glad im not the only brainlet who doesn't understand that either

market cap = price of coin * circulating supply

market cap usually indicates how much potential for growth a coin has, lower the cap the higher the potential

Market cap is the amount of fiat currently invested in a crypto. Higher market cap means more money invested in that coin which means the coin becomes more valuable in terms of price.

Dw, we want guys like this trading,
the money we're making has to come from somewhere

reeeeeee

you guys are adorable

The total value of all of the coins

t. guy who is learning about crypto

this is completely wrong and you are either a troll or a gigantic retard. probably both.

absolutely wrongo

Lmao this thread is going yo erupt into a shit fight over 1 question

youtu.be/_JNlku5xy9Q

The total value of all the shares or in this case bitcoins, ripples, etc. A lot of people take issue with the term and also the assumption that you'd really get that amount if you sold all the coins.

It may have flaws but it's a useful tool for figuring out how much demand there is for a coin especially relative to other coins.

If there are 10 candy corn coins and the first is bought at $1, second at $2, third at $3, etc up $10, the market cap is $100 ($10 x 10 coins). Even though only $55 was invested.

but im down money to these people...

a classic kek

It means Ripple will never go above $0.25!

Except if its Ripple, that market cap doesnt matter

market cap is a meme number. 30 billion in market cap doesn’t mean there’s 30 billion in the market. It just means some idiot bought at a high price.

so like if I had a coin called bizcoin and the price was .03 and I made 500 coins the price would be watever .03 x 500 is?

and plz explain more why does a lower market cap mean higher potential. comes off as counter intuitive to me. something isn't clicking in my brain

coinmarketcap.com

BTC's mcap is $233.63 B. XRP's is $39.73 B. 39.73/233.63=0.170... so there's only 17% as much demand for XRP as there is for BTC.