Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Word Bearers are the best legion edition

>Spess Marine Codex Preview
imgur.com/a/J8agS

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Mork's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4RNqRDGSRjs?t=1m44s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Orks

Word bearers worst legion, lorgar a shit.

Also, got to play a game with the new space marine codex today and holy shit is it good. Killshot in paticular is fucking amazing

What do you think its best on? I think its best on autocannon predators.

3rd for chadmarines.

I cant wait for another whole thread of Space Marine wank

Posting over here due to new thread.

Rokkit pistols have a niche use if you're going to dump the Tankbustas behind enemy lines with Da Jump to try and alpha-strike something big. The extra shots can be a big deal.

A full unit of Tankbustas unloading on a vehicle ends up with 18 shots hitting on 5+ and 6 shots hitting on 2+, all rerolling misses against vehicles.

I've killed knights turn 1 with this. Granted my opponents had shit rolls for their saves.

Do Primaris marines have an American accent?

Lorgar a shit.

I can try to ease your pain.
What army do you play?

The Omnissiah Protects. Except he doesn't at the moment, because Shroudpsalm (the only worthwhile Canticle, because it turns our shitty Scions into shitty SOB) is completely ignored by Imperial Fists.

The fuck thought the new Mech rules were a good idea? Reroll One canticle should be a flat +1 To Hit, and the others need jigging round a bit. I'd make Shroudpsalm a -1 To Hit given it's a one turn buff and only has a 33% chance to roll even with Cawl on subsequent turns.

Ironlet still lost to the superior Primaris Marines™ and the indomitable and heroic Roboute Guilliman™.

Reposting, my comments in the last thread if you give a shit but honestly most people will care more about the actual pic.

Always enjoy tabletop tactics, that game was quite fun to watch. Guilliman proving Knights are awful though.

I picture most marines speaking like Patrick Stewart.

Is there any tldr version of Armies? Like
>Eldar, fast, strong, fragile
>Tyranid, expensive army, swarmy, combat oriented

I want to start 40k and some sort of description like this would really help. Mainly interested in non Marine armies

>HAHAHa HE ROLLEEDD A SEX AND SIZED THE INIT AND THEN GOES SURPSAIJAYAN! SO FUNNAY XdDDDDDDDDDDdd
Go back

I prefer it on quad lascannons personally. They can each fire at a different target, and hitting and wounding on a 2+ vs most every monster and vehicle in the game is extremely good. I found sitting a primaris lieutenant next to them to give them the re-roll 1s to wound is especially great, it makes them able to take out a land raider and a rhino in one turn, which is fucking awesome.
I haven't tried it on the autocannon pred yet, I'll have to do that next time.

Also, RAW it applies to the FW preds right?

Yeah. Girlyman and three fucking Flyers. The fact that Beardie didn't just up and leave was the real heroic deed about that game.

the pistols also have lower strength and damage most of the time. they are only better than rokkits against very light vehicles (like land speeders and trukks), even against rhino-chassis targets they tie rokkits in damage output while having half the range

Does your carer know you're past your bed time?

I like beard because his enthusiasm seems genuine.

Come at me faggot.

>Finally, if you don’t have a Space Marines army, don’t worry – it really won’t be long before you have a codex of your own. We’re committed to supporting all of Warhammer 40,000’s major factions with codexes. You may be envious of Space Marines and their Chapter Tactics and Stratagems now but just think: soon you’ll have your own tricks and ploys to play, and unique rules for your Traitor Legion, Astra Militarum Regiment or Forge World of choice.
AdMech and Imperial Guard might be the first non-SM codex guys.

calm but authoritative Picard Stewart? comedian Stewart? or creepy horror movie Stewart?

I'm so sorry, I forget we are in the no-fun zone where actually playing the game and enjoying the experience isn't allowed.

Not him, but my pain will never end.
I just hope my next WD is not a colossal shit like the last one

Don't get my hopes up user-kun.

Every marine sounds like Alfred from Gotham after I saw the Ultramarines movie. Seriously his voice is like the only good thing about that piece of shit.

youtu.be/4RNqRDGSRjs?t=1m44s

Orks, Grey Knights, and a soon to be adopted Tyranid force

All marines have a basketball american accent.

>watching some reddit faggots on youtube
>playing the game

Hopefully when deathwatch get a codex they let them take things like these and apothecaries. Would make the kill teams just that much more versatile.

>watching someone else play the game
>same thing as playing the game
Fuck off weeaboo faggot

The actor in that scene is Sean Pertwee. I fucking love the guy and wish he did a lot more shit.

You first. You will be missed far, far less.
Wait who am I kidding. No one will miss you

Fwiw Duncan usually just undercoats with the colored sprays these days. He doesn't bother priming white/black first.

can't fucking wait for my valhallan rules

>Red Scorpions Apothecary
>Ultramarines Lieutenant
>Iron Hands Techmarine
>Blood Ravens Librarian
>Black Templars Chaplain
Stop it, I can only get so hard!

Because GW want to meme washes.

No it's not the same, but if you can't at least understand the feeling being expressed in the above webm, then you clearly don't play the game yourself.

>Necrons, midrange shooting and durable as fuck.

I can seem IG up soon-ish, but AM, eh I dunno

Guys, I need your help. My local gamestore is having a conversion and painting contest. We need to buy, build and paint a new HQ for the fate of konor stuff but as a bit of fun it cant be a model that already exists (although we could for example make Logan Grimnar as long as we convert bits to make him).

I'm currently building a Dark Angel army and need some ideas to build like a dreadnaught, Azreal or something else that I can build for it, anyone have any ideas? I'm drawing on blanks other than something like pic related.

What do you mean black templars chaplain, grimaldus?

thats because they are useful

No need for that. Shades are so awesome they don't need to be a meme. Even the painting tutorial fags who will try everything to avoid Citadel paints end up using at least one Citadel Shade. Especially the Gloss Shades, which are cheating when you're working with metallics.

Make sure to freehand your standard, user!

As part of a Deathwatch army, I meant.

Take a chad, stick desired head of character on.
You are now done.

Ah, thats pretty sick

Well I mean more as a mechanical thing than anything else.

2W terminators to catch bullets for your expensive deathwatch marines, with an apothecary to patch them up or flat out revive them when they inevitably take damage. That'd be sweet as fuck.

No need for what? Why so quick to white knight?

Characters I felt like making:
Zahariel (don't ask me why)
Ramiel with some mechanical limbs since he's presumed dead, but who knows

>Tfw you were somebody

When's the contest end? Because for Dark Angels, I'd desperately want to use the new Primaris Chaplain and add some bits from the DA Veteran sprue.

Hmm

If a Black Templar manifested psychic powers after recruitment, missing the screening for it, could he flee to the deathwatch?

If so, would he be forced to be a blackshield or would he keep his shoulderpad.

I prefer army painter shades, droplets are easier to work with than dabs that can potentially taint the wash with another pigment.

make a deathwing champion

I am hopeful that those specific faction mentions was a tease for the next codexes in line. Adeptus Mechanicus need some buffs, and hopefully plastic transports.

>dreadnaught Azrael

I thought it was a geneseed quirk (in addition to their zealous beliefs) that meant they had no psykers. So it wouldn't happen to begin with.

Unless that's just an Inquisition cover story.

Don't psychic powers manifest early tho?

>Space Marines
>Short ranged shooting with powerful weapons, tons of delovery options.

>i-if you don't understand why people scream like a sperg when they sieze the initiative you are not a true cotsman!!!

Say what you really mean user.

Say "I want to field a Black Templars deathwatch librarian to trigger people."

>No need for what?
No need to specifically turn them into a meme. They don't need to be forced if people already love them.
Also, you may shit on Citadel Shades all you like, I don't give a fuck. I like them, I use them. They've never led me wrong.

Cool idea but it looks like it's draped in pastry.

A month from today.
Yeah will do, thinking of this or the art from Angels of Caliban
those could be good shouts, didnt they both become Fallen though?
Could be a good shout. Very few photos for inspiration online though for Dark Angels. Money isnt an issue, so would even go up to a Knight if a good idea hit me.

I want to field a black templars deathwatch librarian to trigger people.

Wanna get back into playing but i can't be bothered with actual armies

Is Kill Team any good ? Are CSM, Orks and Dark Angels good at it ?

Yes, Yes.

>if you can't understand why someone would emote like this in this situation you either have autism or don't play the game
FTFY

Ok Veeky Forums, help me pick weapons for my Deathwatch Vets from less known Chapters. The army is not a competitive one, merely a pet project, so I'm picking weapons based on what Chapter the Marines are from (power sword for the Black Templar, combi-flamer for the Salamander, etc) rather than efficiency.

So lorefags and black libraryfags, tell me what weapons fit these Chapters:
>mentors
>brazen claws
>howling griffons
>silver skulls
>minotaurs
>flesh tearers

Yes, specifically an upper-class Midwestern accent.

>Brother -Sergeant, secure that overlook and rain fire upon the enemy from above!
>You betcha, Brother Captain!

But for real, it depends on the creator of the video game/movie/narrator in question. There's no hard rule, especially since Space Marines are so diverse individually

They have the same geneseed as Imperial Fists. It's only their beliefs.

>Necrons, easily painted, don't really die unless unit is wiped
>Dark Angels, TOO MANY OPTIONS, lots of robes, bikes and termi focus
>Grey Knights, cheap psychic spammy termi army
>Astra militarum, expensive, strong, big, spammy army
>Sisters, EXPENSIVE, hard to find, flamers

Kill team is really fun, though I'd recomend just grabbing the Start collecting so you can do kill team and 8th, since both are really fun games

any good lists for those ?

flesh tearers is an eviscerator, that one should have been a gimme

How come dual gatling + an icarus launcher and 2 stormbolters only cost 202 points ???

I'm not shitting on them holy fuck. They are great for certain uses, just like ANY paint. But that is not what I am saying.

Go read the old How To Paint Citadel Miniatures book. Now go read the new one. Notice a different in the content of each book? I'll tell you: the new HTPCM book does not give you any actual painting techniques (aside from drybrushing), it simply says "this paint we sell will achieve this effect" and that's it.

Now do you see what I am saying?

I can't decide if this is the coolest or the dumbest thing I've seen all day.
It looks like a fat guy coming out of a gay """sauna""" in a bathrobe. How fitting.

Bolters for all but flesh tearers. They like chain axes

Tau
>cheating weebs

don't wanna invest in new shit
I've got enough plastic crack sitting at home

Well okay then. What's going to be in your teams?

>calm but authoritative Picard Stewart
Ultra primarines
>comedian Stewart
Wolvf Primarines
>creepy horror movie Stewart
Dark Angel or IH Primarines

Like in I Claudius as Julius Ceasar (I think his part was) or Picard-ish.

Just put 5 in a list at this point

Ramiel became a interrogator chaplain which went undercover of a space wolf to find a fallen and interrogate him. Fighting in a dark eldar arena, then trying to kill some kind of leader, killing the announcer instead, then got fucked by deldar

Zahariel is probably Cypher (don't shoot me Veeky Forums)

Mark Strong does a very good SM voice

Everyone is convinced they're the weakest and need buffs.
For real, is any faction objectively in needs of buffs?

>Pregnoughts cost the same as my Furioso and are 30 points cheaper than my Death Company Dreadlet.

I need to remove some miniatures from a base, but avoid damaging the paint job too much.
The glue used was super glue (cyanoacrylate)
Any idea?

>Flesh Tearers
Either dual chainswords or an Eviscerator
>Minotaurs
Storm Shield and Power Spear
>Silver Skulls
Storm Bolter or Stalker Bolter

The others I have no fucking clue

I'm not helping you netlist.

Because it might not even be worth that amount of points.
So far 'meh' is an accurate description of all chad marine rules.