Your setting now has a Spirit of Vengeance

>Who is it
>What's their ride
>What's their weapon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-PTOAj7cQmI
youtube.com/watch?v=BawCr1xjK8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Azazel, or "Azzie", fallen angel turned motorsporter in a spitting-distance-into-the-future Supers/Cyberpunk setting
>An unholy, intelligent, wrathful, pitted/dirty black 1973 Dodge Charger; Azazel's angel sword turned "earthly" when he fell, to prevent him using its true power
>His unholy, intelligent, wrathful, pitted/dirty black 1973 Dodge Charger

My setting has neither wheels nor rideable animals.

I suppose he can ride a canoe?

Ghost paddler

youtube.com/watch?v=-PTOAj7cQmI

>My PC
>Victory 8Ball
>AR-15

>Renna
>Hero turned wraith of vengeance
>Giant, disfigured, Fomori
>Often appears during massive battles against irredeemable, otherworldly foes
>Cuts down those that would disobey the basic ethical laws of the realm (Use of necromancy, collaboration with demonic powers, killing or harming spirits of law or those who transport spirits to the afterlife) and would threaten the balance of the realm
>Leaves

>blade nightheart
>a skeletin dragon
>a cythe

My setting basically already had a spirit of vengeance, so this is great!
>Giacomo Teppelin
>Once the sickly younger brother of the kingpin of Midnight Point, Giacomo abdicated his place in the criminal dealings of the Point to seek a chance at immortality. He found it, in the form of the Blue God, Tvenash Set, Keeper of Flame and Cold Light of the Stars Above.
>In exchange for immortality, he was to ride as Tvenash Set's champion in the mortal realm, a lich of cold fire and colder judgement.
>He rides a great serpent of stone and fire and wax, cold flame searing from its eyes as its path inscribes the secrets of the Stars into the earth.
>His weapon in death is the same as it was in life, the same that his family has used since time immemorial. He uses a knife, finely honed for throwing and with his powers, inexhaustible in supply.

>playing Final Fantasy D6
>It's the Tonberry King, riding a skelly Chocobo, his head ablaze with wrath

I don't understand this reaction image

>doink

What does it convey to you?

>Tonberry Rider
SQUAD BROKEN!

baby whining noises

>40k
So, the Legion of the Damned get a motorcycle unit?

>this song plays when he rides
youtube.com/watch?v=BawCr1xjK8Y

burning sandals?

Why my Peenus Weanus of course! :)

Y'all motherfuckers need Doomrider.

>the protagonist from DOOM as a Spirit of Vengeance

Oh fuck yeah.

>>Who is it

Bernie Sanders

>>What's their ride

Anita Sarkeesian

>>What's their weapon

MSNBC

My setting already has several Spirits of Vengeance.

The one best known to the party is also the undead captain of an astral ship, and the only being in the multiverse able to make an angel afraid.

What's the purpose of the numbers in the names of the angels in that comic?

Is there a five juggernaut star scours the universe? What about 4-1? Is there more that six? Or is the name referring to six juggernauts, or six juggernaut stars? What's a juggernaut star, how does it differ from a regular star?

6 refers' to the number of times that angles earthly incarnation has died iirc.

Take care not to mistake the steed for the rider.

How are you defining "rideable animals?" Because there was at least one GR that rode a T-Rex.

It already does OP, a lot of them.
>Any Vekeshi Cultist
>Usually a Model-T style car
>Longswords

What is the purpose of the Ghostrider?
And what are their powers aside from manipulating fire?

All I can put together is that there can be more than one, and that each earthly religion might be real when dealing with them?

>Because there was at least one GR that rode a T-Rex.
Oh, no, no, no you're mistaken.
The Ghost Rider didn't ride a T-Rex, the Ghost Rider WAS the T-Rex. With cyborg arms. And he actually rode around in a flaming jet fighter.

>Ghost Riders are powered by the spirit of vengeance, who was once the Angel of Justice, now driven to the point of madness
>Powers include their fire being magical, typically a decent bit of fighting skill, the ability to improve any vehicle or weapon or clothes they use via this magic fire, along with being damn near unkillable and using their natural anti-evil abilities such as the "Penance Stare" (which sears the soul of the enemy via even the smallest shred of guilt for pretty much anything)
>All religions are pretty much correct, but everyone really just sees their beliefs/the closest thing to it

For a while, Ghost Rider was pretty much just the Devil's errand boy, taking out any demons and evil-doers who decided to piss him off. After some decent amount of rebelling, he sort of just became a spirit of vengeance, moving around and generally doing away with any evil he came across.

Many of the "other" (non-christian) Ghost Riders have different explanations for their spirits.

But are those religions real in the marvel universe?

Technically yes, due to Ghost Rider canon, but they're all supposed to be different views of the one actual great creator/actual gods, and nobody really writes any stories about the other ones save for when it's just a Ghost Rider comic.

Remember that time the Penance Stare did nothing to the Punisher?
god that was such bullshit.

And then there was that time Jesus helped Ghost Rider defeat Satan.

Nigh, the End of Tomorrows
Nigh is powered by six anti-hydrogen engines across its miles-wide wings
Most blatant would be its False Vacuum canon, but it carries a host of lesser weapons for use against targets that don't require deity-erasing firepower.

Obviously my players are going to find a way to board it eventually and destroy the AI from inside the giant bird robot it pilots

Anyone who has played Final Fantasy knows that terrified baby noises are an entirely appropriate reaction to anything named 'Tonberry.'

>fantasy
It is Roth, The Thunderhead. He's a seven foot tall skeleton clad in plate armor. He is said to descend on his grey pegasus from the most violent of lightning storms to wreak havoc with his black flail against those who have done great wrong. While not necessarily a god, common folk seeking vengeance against sinners that have destroyed their lives often pray to him and burn offerings in a plate, often a few apples, ears of corn, or other produce. It is unknown whether or not he listens.

>sci-fantasy
A spirit known only as "Redwing". It is debated among deep-space pilots whether or not this being is actually a spirit or a band of vigilantes, but nobody knows who's behind the cockpit. He is known only by his ship, an older model of a single-man starfighter, painted cherry red and emblazoned with the image of a flaming skull. Those that know the model know that, by all means, it should not be capable of FTL at all, yet it is seen all over the galaxy, sometimes simultaneously.

You're talking the one from Secret Wars, right? i'm pretty sure Aaron's run had one that just rode a T-Rex.

>Who is it

A sublime wraith who always listens out to cries for vengeance. Ultimately he consumes everyone asking for his help and their souls never find rest.

>What's their ride
>What's their weapon

No one sees the same thing twice, everyone sees something evoking a strong emotional response. Something they fear, or hate or revile.

No one knows what was its original form or how it began, but its a pretty well known spirit and the reason why every warrior since childhood is is trained to never cry out for vengeance lest it will be answered.

Your setting now has Wakanda in it
What changes?

>Isolationist nation that really doesn't like being disturbed.

So, uh, pretty much nothing happens.

>playing a modern day campaign
>wakanda, advanced african nation
Hmmm, migrant crisis ends as african economic migrant flock to wakanda instead of italy?

They tried that in the comics already. Wakanda has a wall and keeps refugees out at spearpoint.
Or at least they did.

Probably taken over because niggers can't actually run a successful country for an extended period of time.

>Your setting now has a Spirit of Vengeance

>Tonald Drump

>Coal Burning Pickup truck

>ICBMs and Twitter

Jokes on you it already does. He's literally ghost rider except ice themed instead of fire, and valhalla instead of hell. He has a spear he uses on his bike.

small fey like man. named Geezer. as far as anyone and himself knows, he is the only one of his kind. targeted by locals for years and years because of the ease to pick on him. children, adults, retards, everyone hold him in contempt. is still a good person. a gang of roughs goes to hard on him one night after mead fueled aggression. as he is dying given a choice. death or becoming the spirit of vengeance. is spirit of vengeance. rides bobcat. wields unlimited sling. main goal is not death, but dishing out humility.

>Truck immediately crashes because he's too fat for it

It just won't stop chasing

Not the number of times they died, the number of times they were incarnated.
1 Metatron - never died just crippled and held captive
2 Michael - died once slain by Metatron's captor
Etc. Only few of the angels are revealed so far (and there's presumably thousands of them).
6 incarnations is pretty low, besides the above two, most Angels count their incarnations in dozens.

I believe it's 82 White Chain, isn't it?

So yeah, Juggernaut Star is a bit of an anomaly.

they still do

Unalash, the setting's supreme Sun God. Once a mortal, he became the vessel of mankind's anger at the inaction of the gods. He became a hunter of gods, slaying the pantheon's local sun god and taking his powers in his quest to bring divine justice to the orc pantheon.

Yup, though he managed to stay his ground against 23, so the measure of power by number is incarnations is relative.

Came here to post this.

The man is so much fatter than that.
He is President Taft levels of obesity (just like most of his voting base)

Zarus, Sol Victus Odium Invictus.

The remains of the Sun Titan, Sol Invictus, who was brought low by the combined might of the Fey and the New Gods, struck down by the Lazuli Goddess. As he is one of the Necessary Evils that keep the world turning, he could not be truly defeated; his form was crushed and made lesser, ragged charred flesh lit from within by the fire of Hate Unending toward nonhumans. He rides a steed of oily black smoke and fire, with dripping wings of pitch. His weapon is the Burning Scythe, with which he harvests the souls of those who sin against his dictum: SUFFER NOT THE XENOMORPH, MAY MAN WIN THE DAY. Those who are "race-traitors" against humanity are judged just as harshly as the inhumans. He cannot be stopped once he is on the warpath, excepting only if Eleanor, the Lazuli Goddess, puts a seal of protection on the "sinner". She is not particularly good at this, however; having once been a mortal and having only approximately 800 years of experience at divinity, she still cannot sort all prayers out as they come. Pelor, the New God of the Sun, can delay Zarus, but only for a while. If you know Zarus has been called on you, running won't help. Most who know of their date simply suicide; death by your own hands and an afterlife in Hel or in Ifta Saadi's Realm of Rust and Rot and Pain is a far finer fate than to be captured by the Burning Hate.

Ogi the Hound

Pretty much just a really large, long, lanky Werewolf.

He is also part of the reason why humans are nearly extinct; when he was Sol Invictus, he caused the First Funeral of the Fey, making them rage against mankind. All of the Inhuman Nations allied together and destroyed most of mankind East of the Dragonwall. Only Durstgart remains in the East, and the Dragon Empire in the West. Humanity, which once numbered in the millions, now is but barely two hundred thousand, most of those in the West. Elves reign unchallenged in the East, with Goliaths patrolling the northern ruins of Marduun and Dwarves living in the mountains of the Dragonwall. Humanity, as opposed to Elvenkind, is the fading race, fallen and forlorn. The only hope for man is Dragonkind, the fallen angels of a pantheon they themselves murdered.

to;dr suxxx 2b hu-man

Wakanda has okayish tech, but lacks magics and raw manpower compared to hegemonies of Khesht
If they start far from hegemonies, they're nice backwater civilisation until some of supercountries arrive
Protectorate is human-centered civilisation, so interaction would go okay if Wakanda will believe in humanity. Like, idea of humanity is a religion to this guys. If not, they'd bomb the shit out of wakanda.
Union is alliance of all the species who decide to join and obey laws. This guys can be obnoxious with taxes and "we get your tech and magic, you get part of ours, we decide which." If wakanda does not join, the scenery is unsettling: military spear of Union is Shaz Empire. Being one of Union founders, and having retardedly powerful military, shaz conserved their own laws and tradition. Because they are constatnly in conflict with something, Empire is ultimate warmachine. As greyskins are very fond of violence, and think "slavery is bad, but genocide is okay, we guess", they'd unmake Wakanda and it's citizens in less than three days.
Rainmeni Kingdoms would basically clusterfuck wakandians into thinking that rainmens are bros and alles, slowly draining wakandians of all their money, goods, culture, scientifical achievments and anything else worthy. And then make wakandians provoke Shaz Empire.

>>Who is it
A Paladin named Waylon Kessler who's family was killed by angels. He made a pact with a demon Lord to have the power to hurt the beings he once worshipped.
>>What's their ride
A horse driven carriage.
>>What's their weapon
A Warhammer that hurts holy and divine beings.

Dude, fuck, I've got this in the bag.

In my setting, there's spirit called The White Wand. He is a shadow wielding a massive gleaming white sword also called the White Wand. All that is seen of him is the sword, a distant splinter in the night. Some say they've seen him in the streets, some say they see him under the sea, some say they've seen him as a star. But he is only remembered as a distant sliver of bright white light.

He is a natural force, formed out of vengeance and, more importantly, the feeling of hope that someone might die. It has to be very strong, so usually it happens to famous people. What is found afterwards is a gash through the world itself, and the offender.

Soooo... nothing changes except you're now on fire?

>Goes by many names though the ages: Gorgoth, Shal'Ven, Final Night, Jake and countless others.
>His two feet.
>A old sword, mace and dagger of unknown design
I like the idea of a Spirit of vengeance being a subtle and implacable hunter; something that wont go for long, drawn out executions and terrifying the guilty and just eliminates the guilty as quickly as possible.

How the hell does a setting not have wheels? No sentient races?

See America pre-Columbus

So would an exalt possessed by the spirit of vengeance be corrupted by the Yozi or not? Flaming warstriders not withstanding.

Red Thunderbolts in general sucked major donkey dick, and it was a real shame since I liked all the characters except Elektra

>Rainmeni Kingdoms would basically clusterfuck wakandians into thinking that rainmens are bros and alles, slowly draining wakandians of all their money, goods, culture, scientifical achievments and anything else worthy.
Wakanda doesn't have any allies. Also Wakanda has ATV battleships that destroy cities and move fast enough for air friction to set them alight

Some LoD marine gets a double plus flaming head. the rest of the legion looks over and shrugs

What setting is this?

>Some nameless Empire soldier gets the spirit
>Chaos throws a shitfit that the flaming skeleton isn't one of them

MCU Jesus when?

>ride
>weapon
You're adorable.

It's probably my character, A Unicorn-In-A-Human-Body paladin who is typically a large ham, kamen rider tier 4 justice bro-knight.

If he's the spirit of vengeance it means he's finally lost his shit

>migrant crisis ends as african economic migrant flock to wakanda instead of italy?
Tell that to all of the rich and prosperous areas in the middle-east who don't take in any migrants, like Dubai.

Wakandans hate non-Wakandans, skin color doesn't matter.

He's not the spirit you were looking for, but he is the spirit who's looking for you.
I'm pretty sure it wont happen, but when Fulgrim and the EC get models, could GW just sneak him in the roster?

>when your character is already a sort of spirit of vengeance because of angelic pact shenanigans
>Ride: 1957 corvette
>Weapon: Charisma and also a sword I guess

Don't you mean?

Ride
>Golf Cart

Weapon
>Weaponized Shit-Filled Adult-Diaper

Well, the party is in the middle of a fight, and there is a character who is seriously contemplating nobly sacrificing himself to save the party.

He's a half-orc that entered the party from the beginning at heroic tier just to keep his family safe, and they're level 20 now (about to hit epic.) He already (reluctantly) fuzed his body with the (basically) phylactery of the (basically) lich who later became (basically) god and discarded the phylactery. One character's ascension to angel/spirit of vengeance NPC-hood would be a good capstone to paragon tier. He'd likely ride an intentionally unimpressive horse, and beat enemies to death with his bare fists. I see this spirit of vengeance taking a particular interest in righting smaller wrongs against individuals and families, because this character has consistently kept the well-being of his family his top priority.

>My character
>Not sure honestly he has several mounts, usually whatever he and the other pc decide they want to work in tandem on to make it fly.
>The chain I picked up last session that was used to kill some slave traders.

My PC is a wizard(though if we're going DnD/PF terms more akin to a high level magus) who regularly engulfs himself in fire to demoralize his opponents and make melee combat more difficult for them. He tries to be a nice guy but frequently loses his temper around anyone who kills women and children or the innocent in general. He's also gotten his face ripped off numerous times but got better due to healing magic from both himself and the other party member. On two of the loss of face occasions his skull was even on fire in a way that the Gm compared to ghost rider.

Posting because I find it genuinely hilarious that a ghost rider thread comes up right after the session in which I did some ghost rider things.

>Post Trump
>Watch angry libs lose their shit.
Every time.
Wew lad.

Who is: Raven, Snow Crash.

do you have a source for that image

Sorry user, I don't.

SHART