Okay guys what are your classes

>Okay guys what are your classes
>Dwarf paladin
>Human wizard
>Human cleric
>Unseelie Fey Lesser Ice Para-Genasi Druid with the Sidhe Scholar ACF

>average 3E/PF game

It's your fault for not overseeing character creation.

>non-Humans can be Paladins
you brought this on yourself

>allowing wizards
It's your own fault

Okay, sounds good, if that's what you want to play.

All four of your players can't follow simple instructions and need to be hit. Seriously, what retard mentions their race when asked for their class?

>not just running games where humans are the only sentient humanoids

Also lizardfolk, but they live in the center of the earht

>wizards aren't their own race separate from men

AD&D was a mistake.

I highly doubt any of those "simpler" characters aren't equally as snowflake-y when you read their character sheets or aren't just faceless blocks of stats. In my years DMing I've learned a simple truth about players: they either put literally zero effort into their character or they try way too hard.

I do, ultimately, prefer snowflakes to cardboard cut outs though.

Looks like the players forgot that Dwarf and Fairy are racial classes. A common mistake.

>allowing non humans in your games

It's like you want to play with snowflakes

>Unseelie Fey Lesser Ice Para-Genasi

That's not so bad. It's an ice-themed Fey humanoid, and going for a sinister look rather than a glittery faerie one. I could imagine there being creatures like that on Fey planes.

The only problem would be if this is a substitute for having a charcter with personality.

Why use Excalibur as an example? Merlin's apprentice in that movie is a human.

>Three fucking Tier1
>One Tier5
I feel your pain user

Says who?

"I am a creature like you."

She's a magic user just like him, except she isn't powerful enough to visit other worlds or old enough to remember the old gods.

Depending on system, Pally could be high tier 4

>Spot the special snowflake

It's 3.5. The pally is T5.

I thought pally in 3.5 was tier 4 thanks to spells and basically being a more versatile fighter?

>dwarf paladin in 3.pf

The spells it had weren't good enough, and the versatility didn't matter since it was still all damage output.

If you're allowing templates to be used in character creation, or you didn't have a session 0 to set expectations and go through character creation, it's your own damn fault as DM for such things happening.

Either get the person who knows the system to help flesh out the other characters with better options or tell them to cut out the race they used and pick something more appropriate.

Otherwise, the character seems perfectly fine though I wouldn't allow templates during character creation.

Actually, 5e is turning into that shit with all the stupid fucking archetypes.

>I wouldn't allow templates during character creation
Uhh, that's the only time you can take templates.

Do they have racial archetypes now? I thought that was only for classes.

I don't allow PCs to take templates. Cuts down on a lot of silly shit along with reducing annoying bookkeeping ala LAs and shit. It also helps that PF does not allow templates for character creation. No literally, the template section specifically calls them monster templates and has no wording or rules for their use on PCs, it also helps they are strictly in Bestiaries and DM sections of the books. I'm perfectly open to you playing a kitsune sage sorcerer or a Dhampir Fated Champion Skald or even an Ice Genasi Sidhe Scholar Druid, but no templates.

>disliking archetypes

Why? It's the best thing about 5e, depending on the class. Now you don't have to rely on dubious feats, multiclassing, and weird splatbooks for mechanical customization.

>I don't allow PCs to take templates.
I bet you also disallow players from having fun.

>Reducing annoying bookkeeping ala LAs and Shit
But that is all on the player's side, not the DM's.

>PF does not allow templates for character creation
Because they don't HAVE templates. "But what about ?"
And if you are referring to PFS, then why even claim to play D&D.

Just admit you prevent templates so you don't have to deal with a PC Vampire kissing a PC Werewolf.

>best thing about 5e
Way to set the bar high there, pal.

This, instead of building what you want with the options avaliable WotC will give you something that looks like what you're looking for, and if you're lucky that thing will be functional. Sorry Avatar fans and traditional Ranger fans.

>But that is all on the player's side, not the DM's.
Not really, GM is the one designing the encounters, and he should do such taking into account each PC, different levels mean more thought behind encounters

She was born from Arthur's mother and that one nobleman.

Biology doesn't dictate what you're, you fucking white male

You know what ECL means, right? Effective Character Level. Encounters are based off of levels first then off of dynamics. Plus, if the DM is allowing all of the books in OP's reference, he should reasonably not expect some CR3 monster in the MM1 to hold up to this party (assuming the OP PCs are level 1) and be prepared to pull some monsters from more obscure tomes as well (see: dick-measuring contest).

But, in the highly unlikely chance that the DM is writing and creating every monster from scratch instead of modifying, sure, they will need to know everything every character does. But this template is water compared to the shit I have seen/theory crafted (ref. ECL 1 with 20 templates).

tl;dr, if the DM can't handle the speakers all the way up to 11, then keep to the PHB1, PHB2, and Completes like the other watered down campaigns.