Salamanders or Blood Angels?

So my bud and I are arguing over who are a better chapter in the fluff, Salamanders or Blood Angels and we have decided to take it you guys to settle it.

Carcharodons

This. Remnants of the Terran born Raven guard from the great crusade who corax relegated due to them being too much like Luna wolves in their application of warfare.

"Better" is entirely subjective. If you mean which of them is more powerful in the 40k universe, I'd give it to the blood angels.

Salamanders. Blood Angels are more my playstyle, and I absolutely dig me some angry emo vampires in space, but Salamanders, to my knowledge, are just genuinely good dudes.

One of the few chapters that actually gives a shit about the average Imperial citizen imo.

In the fluff, Salamanders win purely on personality and likability alone.

As the other user stated, they're one of the few chapters that actually care about the citizenry. Plus Blood Angels have that whole Red Thirst issue and are kinda glorified Marine space vamps.

As the ol' Ork saying goes: "Green iz best!"

>physically stronger

Salamanders

>operationally stronger

Red Scorpions

>more numerous

Red Scorpions

>more influential

Salamanders

>kindest

Salamanders

>best craftsmen

Salamanders

>purest

Red Scorpions

>most well-armed

Tied

>most wealthy

Red Scorpions

Salamanders are my jam simply because I like medium to close fire heavy infantry tactics. The fact they're bro-tier giga niggas is just icing.

Blood Angels are pretty bro-tier on their own and are basically what the EC's could have been if they hadn't got afterschool special'd, and if you dig the whole gothic inhuman vampire thing thats cool too.

For me it's Salamanders tho. I think it falls purely as a matter of playstyle

My pure Red Scorpion nigga
I came here just to shill my fav chapter but you did that for me.

Carcharadons are edgelord faggots

>punk bitches trying to step to an original legion

babbies please

The Salamanders might have been noteworthy if they weren't so lazy.
>10,000 years and they still haven't recruited enough marines to have one (1) successor chapter

It's honestly bothered me that there's not just one (which would be weird enough), but multiple original Legions that never bothered to have successors.

Blood Angels.

Salamanders never fully recovered from the Drop Site Massacre

Well if by better you mean as a military force then it's the Blood Angels.
But if you where meaning better as guardians and protectors of the common people, well, let's just say that the Salamanders have never eaten a bunch of civvies due to geneseed defect.

Bah, that's just GW being illogical. You just need to Your Dudes harder.

Storm Giants are allegedly Salamander successors

What's this about Salamanders?

There's nothing to suggest the BA are actually better Marine-for-Marine than the Salamanders.

Also the Black Dragons

They are in the grip of the rage.

>In the fluff, Salamanders win purely on personality and likability alone.
The blood angels are literally the most publicly beloved chapter in the imperium alongside the ultramarines.

it's to make the whole "descends into murderous bloodthirsty rages" thing more tragic and poignant

I have to give it to the Blood Angels. Angelic Space Vampire Bros who snap and fall into murderous blood rages?
Sign me up

A SMurf is a SMurf is a SMurf

>Red Scorpion
>Wealthiest or Best Armed

Nah, Red Scorpions have one of the best armories of any Chapter, but to say they have the best armory, better than First Foundings with DAoT tech lying around? Nah.

And wealth? The RS are a crusading chapter with a monastery hidden in an unstable part of space. They can't compete.

Blood Angels above Smurfs except in Ultramar. Every good citizen celebrates Sanguinala!

Space Wolves

Sals

Both Chapters are friendly to civilians and genuinely heroic, but the Blood Angels have better PR (in part because their Primarch is a well-known saint) and because they keep the Red Thirst and Black Rage hush-hush.

I've got nothing against either, but my favorite Good Guy Chapter is the Crimson Fists.

What a weird way to spell dark angels.

Blood Angels, mostly on account of not being Salamanders.

Salamanders. They're LITERALLY the only likeable chapter in the Imperium.

That's headcanon and supposition. There's nothing in the text that actually supports it.

>moralfags too busy jerking each other off for saving a few civilians and forging pretty swords that they never bother to create successor chapters
>which means in the long run their incompetence actually gets more Imperial citizens killed due to lack of marines than any other chapter
>likeable

Very insightful.

This isn't a Traitor Thread.

>my opinion is LITERAL

>Lamenters
>Crimson Fists
>Blood Angels
>Ultramarines

Really love the idea of friendly space marines and the whole shield and protector theme sallies have. I was planning on going Imperial Fists but I'm afraid their tactics would get fucking boring quickly. How are the salamanders rules?

None of them are as good as the Salamanders. Lamenters might be close but they are all gigantic klutzes who screw everything up and end up dying for no reason.

>None of them are as good as the Salamanders
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecause...?

>implying Red Scorpions aren't secretly Emperor's Children

Not the chapter that actually made a big chunk of Imperial space a DECENT place to live by investing into infrastructure, medicine and education, instead of shedding token tear about lost lives when even their own Nocturne is still shit place to live

Ok, but I know where any sane Imperial citizen would choose to live.

Shut the fuck up and get the fuck out you team-killing fucktards.

>who are the space wolves

Retarded wolfwolfwolf memelords.

Anything but Salamanders. Their fluff became too damn human for what a Space Marine should be. They're supposed to be Demi-gods, holier than thou cunts who think in ways normal man cannot fathom and Salmanders are helping grandma cross the street during the fucking apocalypse.

Eh. I still hope the space sharks are loyalist world eaters.

>1000 Space Marine Chapters
>all have to have the same view of mortals
Autist detected.