Paizo Games General/Pathfinder General

Paizo Games General/Pathfinder General

Mech Edition! Are you planning to backport mechs to your Pathfinder games?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1P3YLpBfGXs1foYxuVS2GgyyYjF9FuqgIMjpY0TnCbPI/edit#
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5259219/applications/?pageforid=5326641#post-5326641
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I might take inspriation from it. But honestly, I've had mechs as a homebrewed thing for a while now.

What humiliating things have you done while mind affected?

I for one prefer a lower engineering level. Having great fun with Golem Engineering School, even if none of my players are engineers and they can't share in the memories of pain and anguish I have.

>I've had mechs as a homebrewed thing for a while now.

Care to upload the rules?

Ran like a screaming little bitch from a fight.

I'll file off the setting-specific serial numbers and post a link. It's just a few specific types, though, so don't expect a wide range of options.

I'm the GM of my Saturday RoW game

One of my players made a bandit (afflicted with chillbane shakes) commit sudoku

I recognize that tiefling

PoW questions:
When do I have to say I'm using a counter?
1) When the GM declares an attack
2) After the roll but before the results are said
3) After I know if the attack would hit or not

This is mentioned in the errata, I believe. Check the pastebin.

>kitsune in the party
>GM tells you your wayfinder has gone missing from your inventory

Ran and hid in a corner from a bunch of dogs.

Wear him like a cocksleeve. That will teach him.

Found it, thanks!
>Page 31: Counters
>Add the following text to the end of the description for
>counters: “If a counter is compared to an attack roll, then
>it is initiated after the attack roll is made and the result
>is revealed but before damage is rolled. A counter that
>replaces a saving throw or other roll is used before the
>roll in question, and cannot be used retroactively. Other
>counters may have specific triggers (or not have triggers
>at all), as noted in their descriptions.”

99 problems, and mind-affecting ain't one.

docs.google.com/document/d/1P3YLpBfGXs1foYxuVS2GgyyYjF9FuqgIMjpY0TnCbPI/edit#

Nope, not in a single discord chat related to TG

Yeth hounds?

What are you so afraid of though?

Is there any caster that allows you to play as Balthazar Gelt? (Lore of metal, rust, transmutation metal, alchemy, gunpowder and all of that).

>tfw foxtits will never bully you by time-stopping and then using her bullshit god-wizard powers to erase you from existence

Reminds me of Ghostbusters Quest. Kitsunes at or near 9 tails are more powerful than dragons.

But only in Japan

Fire. Lack of sunlight and water.

Sounds like an Oracle! An Oracle of the Metal Mystery!

How do I maximum /Sovereign Citizen/??

Of all the days, of all the places, of all the times to fail a fucking Will save...

Freedom of Movement.

Is Darkness useful for tiefling or should I pick an alternate racial trait (also which ones)?

Rise of the Runelords?

Sort of.

AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I BEING DETAINED?

NAY, NOW I CAN FREELY TRAVEL FOREVER.

Which classes make the best bath house workers

One time while playing a wizard I got mind controlled by a serpent-folk and was ordered to attack our party's monk, who had the serpent folk grappled. Due to a wording issue I ended up fingering the monks ass with mage hand instead of attacking and easily killing him. The serpent-folk wizard said "get him off" so that's what I did. Our GM and party fighter thought it was hilarious, the monk not so much.

High wis classes, since that's a Profession check.

Darkness is no longer useful to anyone, you need Deeper Darkness in a naturally pitch black area these days.

Which alternate is best depends on whether you want it for a build or just flavor.

Probably some sort of Vigilante.

commoner

Rise of the JADE REGENT?

Then just hit me up in PMs, I'm Sigh #7571

Sorcerer.

Reposting from ded thread.

You will either be taking 5 levels in Gunslinger or 3 levels in the Trench Fighter archetype if you want guns to be anything more than a shitty slingshot.
Generally casters don't enjoy multiclassing at all, let alone 3/5 levels.

Do you want to be good, or do you just want guns?

It's possible.

Do you have PM from strangers enabled? Can't seem to PM you

Late first for skinwalkers

Attempted to murder the rest of the party.

What alternatives would you recommend?

Where is Iron Gods reviewanon? ;_;

Dead, like our hopes and dreams.

Dead, just like the game.

Dead, just like my parents.

Dead, just like me.

Where did the better version of the SoP Improved Transformation feat go? What the fuck is this taxed nonsense the wiki is trying to push?

It got errata'd away.

I think what might've happened was they wrote down both versions to decide later which to go with, but forgot to remove one, so it went to layout and ended up in the final result.

That's stupid, is there actual official word on that? Did anyone save the other version? Because the version they went with is fucking trash.

They just updated the pdfs. They changed Light at the same time.

The other version was exactly the same, except you got an extra trait for free rather than having to spend another feat to get it.

And it's not so bad, a lot of traits are reasonable for a feat.

Don't you still have to spend the resources to get access to those traits, effectively doubling how many feats you would have to spend?

What variant Tiefling Heritages would you consider bad/good/meh/broken from the Blood of Fiends table? Which one do you think are the coolest in terms of roleplaying/flavor?

>"I just want someone to pat me on my head and tell me I'm a good girl."

What did they mean by this?

The traits you have access to are the ones from the base alteration package, the talent you picked to get your Form from, or 'any the DM deems appropriate to your form'

That's the best feeling in the world, user. Wanting to experience it is only natural.

I could try to review. Who still needs doing?

Elrana

>mfw making a communist for Essentia

Demon and Oni are easily the best for martials, though Qlippoth and Daemon are personally my favorites to roleplay!

Oh, huh, fancy that. I still think it's fucking shitty that they just passed the other version or, but that's mostly because I'm a salty fag who doesn't like how much of a pain in the ass getting an "all day" form is. I wish the Beastsoul Monk was trading ki powers to get additional traits for transformation instead of the ghetto alteration casting

What about the d% table with all the abilities that replace spellcasting?

>I wish the Beastsoul Monk was trading ki powers to get additional traits for transformation instead of the ghetto alteration casting

This is why I liked blind swordsman, it just gives you the talents as abilities instead of trying to turn you into a caster.

I'm currently playing in way of the wicked and I'm trying to explore different avenues of immortality, my character isn't magically inclined (Antipaladin) so I'm certain if Lichdom is possible, any other good ways to live forever without devoting too many levels/feats?

Would you trust a fiendish ancestor if you are using commune spell to contact him?

Oh btw, to my knowledge only official paizo and fire mountain games is allowed

How useful is Scent if you already have Darkvision?

Graveknight. Like a lich, but your immortality is linked to your armor - every single piece, so all you need to do is hide your gauntlets in two locations and wear a set not matched to your armor, or hide your shield somewhere.

Anyone have that one character they miss playing? Whether it's from a dead game or your character died, tell me about them /pfg/

Hell no.

It's not so much the character himself as much as I wish that I could have gotten his personal goal taken care of during the campaign in addition to the overarching main plot that we needed to take care of.

Fiendish sure, an LE character has no reason to -not- see their lineage succeed but it depends on the goal.

3 characters, actually. Dead games. I get somewhat attached, and their stories didn't really have an "end." Even death would have been better. I try not to think about the first 2 too much, since it actually makes me sad. The last was in a game I expected to die, so it wasn't as harsh, though I didn't expect to get as attached as I did.

I get invested in all my characters as I write them and the shitter is I write my character specifically for campaigns which means bamboozle casualties are especially painful.

I spend more time writing my characters than playing them, the DM always flakes or is generally trash.

I'm pre-emptively sad about not getting to play my Iron Gods character, since it's a bamboozle.

Alright you guys might be able to help me with this. I'm trying to make a monk that will wield an oar in combat. Refluffing a quarterstaff is acceptable, and martial archetypes are on the table. Any ideas?

Her name was Rubia the Red. She was a street urchin turned Ghoul partially based on FrankenFran, who ended up becoming the setting's equivilant of a Moriarity/Jack the Ripper hybrid in a high power mythic campaign.

She was by far one of the oldest living undead, constantly going dormant, resurfacing, and pretending to be her own copycat killers. Eventually she ended up running a side business as a fleshwarper/cosmetic surgeon.

She joined up with the PCs to fight against an ancient cult trying to merge all the elemental planes together on top of the material plane because... Chaos?

Despite her intimidating mythology the truth of the matter is the years spent in isolation had essentially turned her into a NEET who spent all her free time sleeping in the caravan she lived in.

In the end she had to join forces with her nemesis, the latest member in a long family line of detective clerics founded by Not!Sherlock who had been hunting her for centuries. After completing their work together and beating the BBEG Rubia was aprehended and beheaded.

The other party members who had grown to care for Rubia severed ties with the Clerics and delivered the majority of her written notes and studies to surgeons and fleshwarpers across the land so her work would live on. They then had a pyre and burnt her remains inside her caravan home.

She was a clingy, emotionally unstable, violent psychopath who only barely knew how to carry herself in public. Her build was yet trash and TWFing in iron Gods meant all her WBL went into adamantine weapons instead of any of the necessary +1's. She had fucking abysmal luck any time a grapple check came up, and was frequently ending fights with single digit hp... But fuck if she wasn't fun to play anyway. That primal joy I felt secondhand from tearing through gangers, fleeing ghosts, deactivating a "nuclear" reactor while high as a kite, and rigging a tower with C4 and watching it blow from a distance still gives me shivers. She was a right cunt, but cared about her group too much to let it get detrimental to the game.

God damn I miss that game. I hope the GM feels good enough to reboot it sometime. Maybe with gestalt, if he's gonna insist on half the recommended party size again.

Are there any ways to have a Cavalier Order on another class (besides its derivative Samurai)?

Backporting? No, but I realize more and more that Xenosaga's set up would be perfect for Starfinder having an ingame version of AGWS to help tackle large sized+ monsters as well as other groups who will no doubt have mechs in their arsenal

VMC, and...I think that's about it.

Wow, thinking about them has me feeling like shit now. Fantastic.

Tell us more! I want to apply to Essentia but I just can't think of what to make

Would people be interested in an anime-esque campaign inspired by the likes of Digimon, Narutaru, folklore, and other shows where teenagers control monsters where all the players get an Eidolon regardless of class?

Yes, I would be interested in JJBA.

I've got 3 characters I really regret not finishing.

1. A character who was bought from her parents at the age of 5. Raised to be the bodyguard and personal servant for the youngest daughter of a minor noble family. As her charge has gotten older, she's gotten a little psychotic when it comes to security. Some nights donning a mask, and assassinating the family's enemies.

Build was a super boring Max HP Vigilante, with Fist of the Avenger, but I would have loved to play the character for more than three sessions. Especially since the game was 50% comfy day-to-day noble house management, and the other 50% was HP Lovecraft by way of David Cronenburg.

2. A guard and from an upper class district, who got "promoted" to running a tiny guardpost in the middle of the poorest and most dangerous part of the city, after stopping a noble scion from beating a servant to death. As a person, he was a soft-spoken and generally agreeable intellectual, the kind of guy who could discuss philosophy, history, and art over a glass of wine. When going into combat, he put on a set of salvaged magitech power armor, and became stick-fighting Batman. Character joined in the middle of the campaign, and the first combat consisted of him walking into a room with eight enemies, and disabling all of them without taking a scratch.

Build was super cool too, Investigator/Warder using EG and IT with a Tower Shield, mobile bulwark style, and all the feats for Shields/Armor to Touch AC. Despite having a Dex of 10, the character was fucking bulletproof.

3. The third was an Asmodean Infiltraitor Inquisitor in Wrath of the Righteous. The guy was Sarkorian, had fought in the first and second crusades. He became disillusioned with the Mendevian government's incompetence, and sought out some people who may actually have a shot at closing the World Wound.

The character was super evil, but was pretending to be a LG member of the Inquisition. Great, great fun.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5259219/applications/?pageforid=5326641#post-5326641

Gonna roll with a Karabiner 98k and snipe people.

Are there any race-independent ways to add a spell to your class's list from another's list? I know about Samsaran but I don't want to play one. Also IS Shocking Grasp the most-damaging touch spell in the game, no higher-level upgrades at all?

Building a Spiritualist with that archetype that just makes you a Wis-Magus with the Spiritualist spell list.

Skald's Spell Kenning, but if you're going Spiritualist, that's out of the question. Shocking Grasp will get you serious bang for your buck.

>Narutaru
pls no

Some ranged spells beat out Shocking Grasp.

Its popular because its the best tool magus gets. Its cheap, you can extend its use with metamagic, you don't have to wait around for it to become viable like the other blasting spells (fireball, fire snake, contagious flames) and it only becomes superb in their context: You don't hit touch, so the bonus against metal is valuable, and you use your 15~20 weapon's crit range for some impressive results.

I'm too tired to sleep but too alert to stay awake.

Tell me

How can I make my characters feel more interesting?