How would you make Midoriya in 5e?

How would you make Midoriya in 5e?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SdKBlp7R1WE
youtube.com/watch?v=76KhQX_3D7c
youtube.com/watch?v=CxntwKWe9to
youtube.com/watch?v=aC63o2WTifY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wouldn't. 5e paints with too broad a strokes to really create these characters. I mean, you could technically make him a Totem Barbarian, but that's really, really broad. Just go with a system that's better suited for Supers.

Make your own character or admit your creativity is dead and kill yourself too.

This. Making a specific heroic fantasy character in 5e is kind of hard unless you started character brewing with the systems limitations and constraints in mind. Building someone as specific and out-of-genre as Deku is would be an exercise in futility.

His super power is light/energy manipulation, isn't it? Sun Soul Monk.

>His super power is light/energy manipulation, isn't it?
No, it's simply physical enhancement.

>how do I make modern superhero character in a medieval fantasy game?
Have you tried not playing D&D?

>in 5e

FOR WHAT
FUCKING
PURPOSE

YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE
HEISASUPERHEROPLAYHIMINASUPERHEROGAMEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You can't.
Nor mechanically nor lorewise. That kind of heros don't exist in D&D

Tavern brawler Barbarian with One For All just being rage powers.

Nah. Raw physical strenght, unarmed brawling and endurance out of the ass.

Nah his power is ultra powerful physical boosting, but which is so strong it severely injures him when he uses it.

By first drawing his fist so it actually looks like something other than semi-crispy roadkill

>other than semi-crispy roadkill
Actually that's how his fist or any part of his body looks after using his powers. He spends 2/3 of his time in the infirmary and hospitals

In the first panel he used his power with a single finger, in the second he used it with all his fingers

A special monk trait that makes him take as much damage as he deals to opponents.

For those who don't know the setting:
For a couple of generations people with powers have been appearing around the world, these powers manifest pretty early, either at birth or in childhood, but never beyond 5 yo. The amount of people with powers is right now like 90%, being extremly odd a kid without powers.

This amount of heros (or villains because some people use his powers for evil) forced the creation of highschools and colleges that teach how to become a hero, and hero is now a career/job.

Well, the main char (Midoriya, aka Deku) is one of these odd cases of a quirkless (powerless) kid, he lacks the body of a hero but has the soul of one, he's generous, kind and never doubts when helping people to the point of risking his powerless life when even other heros won't. This made the "Superman" of the manga take a close look on him, he's semiretired over past injuries and his power has the unique ability of being able to be pass down, and so he did to this kid, which he's mentoring now.

Well, due Midoriya getting his power at the age of 15, he has zero idea how to control it unlike other people who have been living with them and maturing them for all their lives so that's why he hurts himself so badly, add to that the power in question is brutally strong and seems to get stronger as it passes to a new vessel and you get why the kid is always looking like a mess

The fact that his mentor is dumb as fuck and has no idea how to teach beyond "lol I have no idea how it works, it just does for me" doesn't help eiter, Midoriya is mostly learning by his own, well, until now in the manga

Making a specific character in D&D is like trying to force a square peg through a round hole.

Even if you somehow succeed, it'll end up being way less than your expectations and cause you to end up hating the character for not being good enough.

Honestly, you're better off using a more supers based system.

Ah, is a secret that his powers were passed down, nobody in the setting knows All Might (the Superman dude) can pass his powers...well, nobody beyond the BBEG who has a similar power

Also he uses it so recklessly his arms are now super fucked and he has switched to using his legs to attack.

He basically turns his arms into gross floppy meatbags from the sheer power he uses, so that's basically right.

Deku is basically Batman if he could augment his strength to Superman levels at will, at the cost of breaking his bones.

Most of his power comes from his deductive reasoning, allowing him to gather info on other supers in the community and formulate a counter-strategy to their abilities since his powers are very dangerous to use willy-nilly.

That is, until he learns how to do "Full Cowl," which gives him above-average physical ability without breaking his bones in the process, as well as learning how to utilize his legs in order to deliver impressive kicks and fast speed.

So in terms of D&D, Deku would be a character with high INT/WIS, above average STR/DEX, average CON, and low CHA but trying to create him would be a pain in the ass since he'd basically be a Rogue/Monk who could activate a "rage" like ability at will, with an added mechanic of converting his HP into damage at will.

It'd be easier just to make him in another system.

/cry (X ∞)

I mean he's also spent basically his entire life studying capes in general and how powers interact via seeing how different heroes fight different villains/different disasters. I'm not sure how to translate that to D&D other then him having some sort of class ability that basically lets him peek at whatever monster manual/bestiary the DM is using

It works in Anima BF, I know because I literally made him 10 years ago in Anima, yep before the manga appeared
Warrior Mentalist
Psychic increment mental discipline
Introverted patron
Martial arts

Then I went Tao/Technician to use my health to boost my Ki to increase my physical stats even more

In 5e? no idea, DM fiat mostly
In 3.PF? piss easy, there're lots of classes, features, feats that let you study your enemy for a swift action or a move action and gain +X to defenses (AC or saves, or both) or attack against him for the duration of the combat

>Low Cha
And D&D Cha once again proves it doesn't work. Deku is introverted, shy and all of that, but he gathers most attention and respect from the people around him.

You can't make non D&D characters in D&D, because it is a terrible system.

This goes twice as hard for Superheroes, you should have at least asked from something like M&M.

You don't you get a game that will allow you to really model him and will allow you to play that build in it's intended genre, superheroes.

Mutants and Masterminds
Hero System/Champions
Marvel Super Heroes - TSR
DC Heroes - Mayfair Games

That wasn't because of any diplomacy on Deku's part, it was generally a consequence of him being literally self-destructively heroic while demonstrating a good understanding on how other powered beings work.

Anytime he tries to put himself out there, he ends up mumbling or doing something incredibly dumb that makes the situation worse (like imitating All-Might the first time he applies for an internship with a dude who was All-Might's protege).

You might can in 3.PF, not in 5e

I didn't mention diplomacy, Cha is personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, etc. Midoriya has those pretty high, is just that he's shy and introverted.

This happens a lot in my games, char with low Cha, who doesn't even try to steal the spotlight or anything ends being the most likable and memorable character. Cha shouldn't even exist.

Think I actually preferred the "Stat Me" threads with All Might as the op image...

>That Mt Lady
Shit, what happened, she's now a slut

She is now memorable

>Cha shouldn't even exist.
Not going to disagree with you there, but I think that has more to do with D&D not knowing what it wants its stats to actually be.

INT/WIS should be one stat and CHA should be like two stats (Charisma and Manipulation).

Ochako was originally going to have Mt Lady's powers instead of the gravity powers she has in the series.

Becoming HUEG didn't fit so well plot-wise so he created a new minor character for that powerset.

This isn't /a/, sluts are entirely welcome.

Exactly!

she is cute

paladin. he's literally a paladin in the ED.

no, it doesn't suit his powers but it suits his feel.

>he's literally a paladin in the ED.
No, he's a regular swordsman. Iida is closer to a paladin, but even so, he's just a knight.

It's basically the stockpiled raw power of the previous users of his power.

Is it explained why he isn't wearing gloves that protect his hand?

Well, they weren't allowed to wear their costumes in the tournament arc.

How would gloves protect his hands from internal damage?

Well, it could protect from the external damage when he actually punches things at least.

Because there're none?
He has now protective gear, but he doesn't harm himself as much not because of that gear but because he now is able to use a 5% of his power around his body instead of blowing up a 100% everytime

youtube.com/watch?v=SdKBlp7R1WE
No protective gear is going to protect you from shit like this, the guy punches like an asteroid

And what good would that do when All For One internally damages any appendage he channels it through?
Not to mention that the company making their outfits does not have detailed knowledge of the students' Quirks, so any modifications meant to amplify or mitigate Quirks can only be made to each student's own specifications, see Bakugou.

Dunno, feels like he could have at least saved himself from tearing the skin up there, for example.

If the giant robot made of metal was twisted like it was made of butter, why do you think gloves are going to hold up better? I don't see giant robots made of gloves being more resistant to damage.

This.

Well, I would also expect his arm to explode or at least have him fly back with equal power he just punched with, and yet he didn't.

His external damage was only about as much as a barehanded punch to a steel wall, because that's essentially what he did. It just had a lot more powerful effect. Maybe he has some sort of tactile-kinesis thing? Gloves could stop that I guess.

He broke his arm and both his legs in that clip, also the anime censors the torn flesh a little by mostly just making it purple.

He's not called the Absolute Madman for nothing.

>He broke his arm

Yes, that's what happens when you punch something really hard.

Punching something with the power to explode it like that? Your arm would explode the same way that thing did.

Anyway, I'll stop cause this is going nowhere and instead watch the anime, it seems to be right up my alley.

He turned his arm into jelly, literally break both his legs and arm in 100 pieces. He only recovered because the nurse has the superpower of healing people with kisses (she's an old as fuck lady though) at expense of the character's complete exhaustion

With those systems in mind what kind of hero concept would you make?

youtube.com/watch?v=76KhQX_3D7c
youtube.com/watch?v=CxntwKWe9to
youtube.com/watch?v=aC63o2WTifY

Iida is more of a battle master. Bursty powers but not as inspiring and shorter recovery time.

We're talking about the representation in the ED.

best bird

A human with a bunch of d8 hit dice, and he can use his action to spend a hit die in exchange for having 30 Strength for a single turn.

Wait, not his action. At the beginning of his turn, the DM decides whether or not he's using his 30 Str or his regular (14?) Str. Spends a hit die if he does so.

They really should have let Mina be called Alien Queen, its a sweet hero name.

Why does this show have so many BEST GIRLS?