Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

smug perty edition
previous: >Spess Marine Codex Preview
imgur.com/a/J8agS

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0q52YY2rg9k
youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/codex-space-marines-has-landed/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alpha Legion

>people only TALKS about cacharodons and CSM
>Never was one army posted
>Patrician Imperial players post their glorious army everyday

I wonder how much the grenade launcher will cost. Hopefully not more than 5-7 points.

>Because it look like if you KNOW you are playing against marines there is NO reasons to ever field intercessor instead of Hellblasters for shooting.

Intercessors are the most efficient method of getting MEQ wounds onto the field now that they're 18 each with a pretty good all rounder gun.

Being troops is a big deal as far as detachments go and they're actually not shit as naked MSU tax since they'll still be pretty useful unlike 5 naked bolter marines.

This is honestly the same question as why you wouldn't just take devastator squads instead of tactical squads.

>Reiver also look like they btfo Intercessor in every other way.

Uh, trade AP-1 and 6" of range for deep strike? Reivers are also elite which limits them a bit.

>Le obsec meme
>The standard tacticals wont be here by turn 6. Especially if tbe oponent as hellblasters instead of Intercessors.

I really encourage you to try playing a game before committing yourself to meme builds based on just shooting effectiveness.

202 points in bolter/Gatling mode + fist.
You could get 3 Redemptors for each 2 Leviathan

Press F to pay respects.

F

Yooz oomie's will all become Nobz now. Gud fer yooz!

fuck that thing looks sexy, I am not going to be able to resist buying one for much longer

Fuck you. This is just pandering to the primaris fuckbois, from the point of view of a fucking PRIMARIS marine, which exist to sell kits to prepubescent boys. GW will never get rid of the classic marines, there's too much history behind them. They're too iconic. Kill them off and you kill the golden goose.

>Because it look like if you KNOW you are playing against marines there is NO reasons to ever field intercessor instead of Hellblasters for shooting.

5 hellblasters at 30" will do 2.22 MEQ wounds without overcharge, equal points of intercessors at the same range will do 1.67 with bolt rifles or 2.22 with stalker rifles.

Overcharged they'll do 2.78 D2 wounds.

So you get a pretty marginal increase in damage per point but you get big utility against enemy vehicles, which is a big deal.

God damn it how?

Im tempted to run the numbers to prove it.

Unless they are talking point for point, but thats a silly argument as following that reasoning conscripts and grots are the kings of the castle.

>denial-filled assmad manlet marine fagboy detected
Primaris are the future, get fucked faggot.

>GW will never get rid of the classic marines, there's too much history behind them.
Of course they wont.
they'll be in what we call "SoB stasis" for 20 years.
In the next 2 books they will also probably be not cannon for first founding chapters somce all death are replaced by Primaris.

I bet in a couple years their will be a Codex : Primaris.

Sales Have already plummeted for all flgs around me. SM WAS the golden goose, now its the primaris.

I also remember that, let me check

How much disadvantage would I suffer if I prefer not to use Intercessors (or any other Primaris at all)? When stuck with regular Tactical for Troop I mean.

Not much.

Tacticals are still good mate, they can use special weapons and have a vast range of compatible models for synergy.

literally none, they swap tactical flexibility for +1W +1Atk as far as I can see.

Their Reivers and Interceptors do look like they can be very effective however, so I wouldnt disregard them.

However, im yet to play against either of those units so my take is purely book based.

>GW will never get rid of the classic marines, there's too much history behind them. They're too iconic. Kill them off and you kill the golden goose.
Is this what marinelet players look like in the first stage of grief?

Non-Primaris Marine sales are already plummeting.

I had a store manager tell me his sales of Space Marines went down 90% between the time the Primaris were announced and now.

They're not the golden goose anymore. Their days ARE numbered.

>using manlets

Will be literally useless once the codex hits.
Enjoy being the new laughing stock of 40k

>they swap tactical flexibility for +1W +1Atk as far as I can see.
The "tactical flexibility" thing is a meme. You don't actually NEED to take special and heavy weapons in the same squad as your bolter dudes when you have stuff like Helblasters available to handle those roles now, and having weapons with -1 or -2 AP also helps make up the difference.

>This is just pandering to the primaris fuckbois
Of course? they've found a way to get people to re-buy their marine armies.

nice try, but My sM snowflakes chapter is only composed of units with PRIMARIS in the name.

I'll wait for the PRIMARIS Leviathan

Just out of curiousity, can non-'easy to build' Primaris swap weapons and body parts like standard Marines?

I agree with what you're saying to a degree, but I think its useful to have things like Missile launchers and flamers in squads. Or Meltaguns and Multimeltas.

As someone who doesn't really play SM I do like this from a fluff perspective and hope this'll arouse some conflict later on.

Primaris terminators

So I'm forcing myself to paint up 1000pts of my Storm Hawks Marines and Kabal Dark Eldar before buying any more damn plastic men.

Think I've more or less figured out my Marines list barring a few changes once I get my hands on the Codex, but could use some advice on the DEldar.

>Archon with Blaster
>Sslyth x 2 88
>Medusae x 2 56
>Reavers x 8 with 2 Blasters and 2 Grav Talons
>Venom with Splinter Cannon
>Raider with Dark Lance
>Trueborn x 5 with 2 Blasters and 2 Dark Lances
>Trueborn x 5 with 2 Blasters and 2 Splinter Cannons
>Scourges x 5 with Shardcarbines

The Archon and his buds hang out in the Raider with the Dark Lance Trueborn, and the other Trueborn Squad gets in close with the Venom.

I'm most unsure about the Reavers; they're pretty expensive but I like the models so I'd like to use them. Are they best used with Painbringer to eat up damage or the +1 Attack Drug to give me some melee punch?

>says like tactical flexibility matters
>in motherfucking 8th edition

Primaris Sisters!

They'll probably reveal the PRIMARIS Terminators with the Deathwing and PRIMARIS bikers with Ravenwing with booklet like the Reiver/agressor one to use them in other chapters.

I could see PRIMARIS Assault Squad with BA, and A PRIMARIS flyer early next year

I wouldn't mind this being a thing, have Cawl apply a modified treatment to the Sisters to give them some new elite cuties

Looks that way from the sprues, the reivers are just begging for magnets given their options

Anyone give this a speedread yet?

Any other Inq characters show up besides the cover boys?

the Anvilus Autocannon, Heavy Bolter, and Missile Deredeo is also only 232, 2 more wounds, a 5++ and BS2+

youtube.com/watch?v=0q52YY2rg9k

Chapter tactics really make a huge difference. Infinite rerolls make high-damage weapons that much stronger.

>I had a store manager tell me his sales of Space Marines went down 90% between the time the Primaris were announced and now.
youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c

I refuse to buy into the chadmarine movement, but I also refuse to field my boys when they can't possibly win. Looks like my brothers are on the way to retirement...

>mwg
fuck off faggot

Wait, are Marinelets actually BAD on the table?

>but I also refuse to field my boys when they can't possibly win
Why can't they? Still plenty of good stuff in the manlet marine lists.

Wait for the Anvilus PRIMARIS :)

If you run the math, run the math for Agressors too.
They look cheap for what they do..

So how long before all the old SM named characters are OOP?
Calgary doesn't have a purpose at this point.

Primaris rollout in bulk and replace the marines in every chapter, all the old marines are shunted to the bodybag unit collectively known as Deathwatch or fall to Chaos due to Gully's arrogance in disrespecting them.

I like the Primaris for reasons like this, they highlight just how fragile the Imperium is.

bahhhhhh.

God dang it, looks like im running the math.

So what units are vs what

>not fielding them anyways for a glorious last stand
Do you even Space Marine brah?

Those imgur previews aren't clear enough to read, unless I'm doing something wrong

He should challenge everyone he can, and roll for any casualties after using the table in Shadow War. Then, keep fighting, even as his army dwindles and some models are retired as actually dying in battle. Play until his force is completely tabled by a vastly superior force, then box them away forever.

yeah. in one of the first articles about them kitbashing with the devestators kit was mentioned.

I only wish that Redemptor prego-belly is not built-in to torso, and I can choose not to glue it on.

Fellow Marines players, if you MSU 5-men Tac squads, would you give them a special weapon or a heavy weapon?

wish granted.

Hellblaster/Agressor HB/Intercessor Shooting against :

Redemptors
Repulsors
Standard Marines
Terminators
Predators

depends if I plan to use them as front line or back field units.

stuff thats going to be moving up the field get special. stuff i want to sit back and camp an objective get a heavy weapon.

>Implying primaris are not a chaos ploy
>Implying Cawl has is not just another name for Fabius Bile

They aren't. The ttgamingdiary faggot deliberately took bad pics.

Wait, they are not TEQ? I'm surprised.

no its devastators

Gravis armor gives +1 T. Same as the captain from Dark Imperium.

They are centurion/HB devastator

So Inceptors are superior?

If he really doesn't see any more sense in playing his army, then yes.
Alternatively, he could man up and keep playing because he likes his models. Someone should post the image of this one Fantasy player who never changed his army.

we already knew gravis armour was +1T instead of 2+ save. it shouldnt be surprising.

Mmm depends.
If those guys remain stationary they can shoot TWICE, and they are cheaper than Inceptors.
Not the same use i guess

That's it. I'm naming my chapter Outer Heaven.

And its battle-barge Outer Haven.

I'm looking at a review of the space marine codex, and it seems to me that the primaris stuff is severaly lacking in ranged anti-tank. Almost all their weapons are D1 or D2.

True. But at 18", enemy units can just walk outside their range.

>m-mwg

kys

Also, Salamader reroll is actually really strong with reroll 1s aura.

If melee armies just walk outside my range im pretty happy desu.

park them on an objective and the enemy will come to you.

Hellblasters easily fill an AT role.

Repulsor can equip like 5 lascannon.
But yes right know, they lack AT.
They'll get them in 2018

Alright so what are the best oblivion mods

Repulsor, Hellblasters, and Redemptor Pregnought will be enough.

Not surprising, the Gravis Captain is also T5 3+. I'm more surprised at the W2.
Agressors are already kinda shit (though cheap), W2 isn't exactly helping them.

But they need a captain to babysit them and are still just damage 2. And the heavy plasma is only heavy 1. That means if they use that, and overcharge, a squad of 5 will at most do 10 wounds. That seems low, they can't bring anything heavier than a rhino down.

I play on board where anything past range 20" is useless.
Agressor look perfect for City Fighting

>Play Guard.
>Completely outgunned facing a Dark Angels player abusing Darkshroud and assassins.
>Strategically outplay my opponent. End up ~8 points ahead.
>Still lose because of 2 lucky rolls that destroy my last unit because the game went on for 2 turns longer than it should have.
I wish killing the opponent's army was only worth 3+D3 (or 3+d6). Getting a free win for ignoring objectives is fucking stupid.

You can pretty easily go straight past a 18" range with some melee units. The double overwatch helps, but I wouldn't bring them just for that.

Or a key piece of terrain to raise their save?

yeah but they cant release 15+ primaris unit at the same time.
Wait a year and they'll have flyers, AT, Terminators etc.

Does anyone have the pics from yesterday that showed from close the Primaris with the grenade launcher, the chaplain and the apothecary?

okay the melee unit chargemake a >18" charge to catch my Agressor without overwatch.
They killed 120 points of agressor and I can shoot at them.
Agressor are 120points/minsquad.
Its NOTHING in a 2k points list.

that and the dread basically has a heavy D6 lascanon

Yeah some can, not the majority tho

I sure hope you rerolled on your roll for the game to end. You do alternate.

Has anyone leaked all the relics/strategems?

where the fuck are the point cost leaks? I can't believe no one has leaked them yet.

I'd be fine with this, as long as Space Marines still get some updates, like an updated Terminator sprue and at least some love from FW.

Yes, days ago.

No, it doesn't. The plasma gun on the dread is D1/D2 with d6 shots.

It can take one (1) twin lascannon and a las talon, which a is a twin lascannon, but with 24" range. That's worse than a land raider.

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/codex-space-marines-has-landed/

I'd just rather use an intercessor squad to camp an objective.

to each their own I guess.