>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Our beloved Saint has a sense of humour!
youtube.com/watch?v=0hx9TO4Tao8

Previous thread:

New painter here. I had no idea what "highlighting" meant (thought it was like washing) and so I ended up completely covering a model's black basecoat with Eishin Grey.

Would it fuck up the model to re-apply the black basecoat and then highlight it properly?

Guess one layer of wash is not enough here.

if the coats were thin, it should be fine

Gold could use a little highlight to make it pop.

Hey guys, any idea where i could find some good instructional materials for how to green stuff cloth. Specifically tabards?

Made a robo-old Carnosaur.

Any suggestions welcome, although it's mostly (I hope) done by now.

This Nothing comes to mind, I've never had to do it. But try looking at the Dark Angels models and just replicating what you see there?

Kill meee

Hey guys, getting some scions for my guard. Got 3 questions.
Should I go for a scheme that is similar to my regular scheme or go different? (Pic related)
Any ideas for schemes and colourpalettes?
Berets or covered heads?

Update on my tac marines from a few threads ago. I've now painted my first ever face, following tips from Dunc and /wip/. I'm not a good enough painter to do pupils in the eyes, so I just did white with a light wash over it to reduce "crazy eyes" look.
Followed the feedback from one of the anons in the last thread, I decided to give my sarge a red cloak to make sure the squad doesn't get too monotone/dull.
Again, pls no bully, it's the first unitive painted since I dunked a few models in paint as a six year old kid.

>First unit
>Miles better than any of mine
Servitor, get me a glass of amasec and a shotgun.

Here i painted up my silver tower tzaangors and im finished if i havent overseen a detail

what do you guys think? and yes bases will be done once i painted all of the silver tower so i can do it in one swoop

5th company captain to stand by the devastators and yell at them to stop overheating

Has anyone units of primaris the recently released rubrics and deathguard lying around?

i´d like to know how they all hold up heigth-wise, maybe a OG marine too?

First miniature after years of not painting

Not finished, about half way.

I am aiming at cleanness, not at super detail, so in the future I can comission someone to highlight my whole army or maybe do it myself.

The bolter and knife are not done

Nice

Finally getting round to painting some DG. Kind of a test model. All the armour and rust is going to be oil washed and grimed up a little, but the basic colours are staying the same, base is unfinished too. I need opinions on gun colour schemes though, mainly just for the side panel, coil and plasma barrel.

Looks pretty clean, well done.

Similar scheme with some extra colours added in, reds and gold's or something to set them above the rest. Covered heads.

Go with shiny black and gold with dark red accents, it will contrast more while being in line with what you have

Going to start painting some plague marines from the dark imperium box soon, I'm thinking about a red colour scheme for them? Think I'm in danger of getting loads of snarky "oh are they khorne?" remarks or is it possible to pull off painting god specific troops in an unconventional way?

You'll get comments like that even here, but red play marines are a thing and I half wish I'd done them.

It will work perfectly fine, but you have to work on the things that arent armor.

Go with an intense dark red and light green / light white flesh tome for the meat and they'll look great

I mean I can't say how true that is one way or the other workout seeing yours, but thanks.

I spend an embarrassing amount of time per mini, painting them completely disassembled, and covering fucking numerous mistakes per piece. I am not a natural.

you just need to make them specifically nurgly. rust, pus and gross skin, general decay, and heavily weathered armor. the colors don't matter as long as you enjoy it.

It should be a neutral colour. I'd go for black, like on his armour's trim.

Conversion bitz get. Time to have some fun.
Techmarine I was bidding on shot up in price though. He went from under $5 to over $20 and there's still time for it to go even higher. Damn shame too, he was a cool metal lad from the Rogue Trader days. If only it was Buy It Now like some the dude's other auctions.

Alright /wip/ general -
I am working on a guard/inquisition task force and want to supplement my troopers with a big swarm of arco-flagellants or servitors.
I have been considering conversion as I have a small amount of mechanicus and guard bits, and saw some really neat work online (pic related) BUT I am a total novice at conversions and, as i have only recently started after a very long break, am relatively light on tools, resources and experience.

How do you do conversions?
Where do you get the little grey bits of non-GW parts that often are in these pictures?
How are cables done?
Is non-liquid green stuff a good choice?

looks bloody brilliant mate

Many of those bits are Forge World or from other casters such as Pig Iron
The main thing I've heard of for cables is piano wire

Rate my Raptors primaris marine. Not sure whether or not to paint the shoulder trim/helmets gunmetal on the veterans and sargeants.

dope

Finished the standard bearer (ancient or whatever) last night as well.

A test model for my blood angels successors. How did I do? What color should I paint the bolter?

Noob painter here, please teach me how to do highlights WIP. I should paint a layer paint of slightly lighter shade over parts of a washed base paint, right? Which parts exactly? Just the elevated ones? Middle ones? Corners?

Black is probably best for the bolter.
You can use blue tac or something to dryfit the bolter when you're assembling the models, it'll let you have full access to the chest to paint.

Color choice wise, I've never been a fan of alternating bits in different colors. I'd say you definitely shouldn't do the boot sections in different colors.

Most people mean edge highlighting when they're talking about highlights.
Get a fairly small brush, and trace your way around sections of armor using a lighter shade of the base color. Look here for a good example.

Daemonettes with some hair now. I actually liked the hair on two heads, so I kept them.

For cables another option are guitar strings, you can also fashion your own with gs and the right tool.
Yes, gs or another modeling mass is worth it.
If you don't have a good idea on what the finished model is supposed to look like, you may end up with a clusterfuck of things on it, that looked good at the time. So the first step to converting should be planning how you will do it, and if you can do it that way.

What do you think guys? I got a whole bunch of really nice quality movement trays (Warhammer Fantasy player here!). I want to flock 'em up and make 'em look comparable to the rest of my army, so would you recommend priming the entire tray? Also should you put flock down on the entire tray, or just the edges? I don't want to have wobbly models, so I"m assuming just the edges should be painted and flocked?

Very sharp and clean.. maybe a bit *too* clean! Looks great though

yea, doing the inside is pointless and like you said you run the risk of the models not balancing properly

>would you recommend priming the entire tray?
yes

Typically I paint the inside of a movement tray with the same colour as the base edges. If black, leave black. If brown, paint brown. and so on.

Cool, in that case, makes my job a lot easier.

Thanks, yea what I'll do is prime/paint the entire base grey, then just paint the edges green/brown. Then flock the edges and add rocks, etc..

What I am going to flock entirely though is the two trays I got for my dual trebuchets. I want to make them more into 'scenary' pieces. So I'm putting them on their own trays with the crew they come with, plus some rocks and other small scenic bits. Maybe some fallen lances, or helms of knights, pieces of broken building etc...

What happened with the guy that said he was making a Primaris Jhonny?

he posted it yesterday, check the previous thread

>have water in a mug
>make a cup of tea while I paint
>accidentally take a swig of my paint water

one of us, one of us

my paint water cup is a disgusting yellow, so I never make that mistake

How's your weekend been guys? I got another squad of gaunts done and built my tervigon. I'm gonna need to do a supply run today though.

Got a unit of flamers and a unit of screamers done and then played a game now i'm aiming to finish up my horrific hellbrute

Not bad! Thanks for asking :) What about yours? I envy you and your time to built so many models. lol, I just put the finishing wraps on my grail knights, and it took me literally like 4 months. I'm doing the movement trays today probably.

Depends on how strong you like your brew.

I can't count the times when I *almost* did the same, but I've always stopped myself in last second

Primed a bunch of terminators and half a necron force. Can't get the black spray off my hand. Looks like I've been fingering a goth girl.

On Friday I built models for 5 hours straight and just assembly lined the gaunts yesterday. It looks like I'm getting faster since my first gaunt unit took two weeks of off and on painting.

I wasn't looking, just picked it up off the counter by the handle and had a swig

sat staring at my backlog hoping it would magically paint itself, it did not.

I just never drink from a mug at the table.

Horrid. I had to entertain and interact with people because it was my birthday, when I just wanted to be a hermit and paint.

>Can't get the black spray off my hand.

Yer not usin' da right tool, m8!

Are you ok user? Are you having fun?

I spent the weekend house sitting my parents place. Haven't even seen a person since Friday. Just me and my nids.

>How's your weekend been guys?

We have been entertaining my young daughter's friend for the last three days; her mom is a police officer who works odd shifts and her father was out of town, so she's been staying with us. They only wanted to do giggly-girly fingz (they're only 11), so we haven't done much outside of the house - no Friday night fireworks, no Hurricane Harbor, no cinema - but the friend went home last night and my daughter expressed interest in going with me to GW today.

Plus, I opened the "thank you" card from the friend's parents, and there was $100 in it ... so that was a nice bonus!

Heh, I'm not him, but I feel the same way sometimes. Honestly I'm ghastly slow at painting, plus I have other hobbies, so I don't feel like 'pressured' to finish.

Try to find another hobby user to supplement your Warhammer, so you can bounce back and forth and not focus on just 40k or fantasy

OMG that is the most precious thing I've ever seen on here... good on you!

A little drab for my taste, but really well executed.
What company do you run?

March on for Issodon!

GORGEOUS

c-cute

Why did you color only the top parts of his chest strap thing? It looks like he's wearing a big gold chain. Is he a pimp?

Next model I have gotten done for my Necrons. The blue armor could of been neater but I at least really understand now how to make a solid green effect.

C and C appreciated.

THIN

Someone needs to teach her some trigger finger discipline.

I'm starting to glue my Primaris Space marines and I'm not sure if i should glue the weapon on the model before painting or after What can you guys recommend me for somebody who doesn't have that much experience in painting models.

Might just be my personal taste, but the silver metal parts seem a bit too dark, as if you just shaded them and left out any highlighting.
Other than, that, absolutely lovely. Very clean and crisp paintjob with a neat color scheme.

Beautiful!

thin yer paint boi

>paint on sprue for the first time
Holy shit this is so much better

You guys talking about the shit on the helmet? That's part of the metal casting, not paint buildup

Until you clip the parts off and notice the unpainted nubs. Sometimes worth it anyway, but it's situational.

I do that for heads, otherwise it's just asking for trouble with having to tidy up

after.

Primaris wip. Has anyone else found painting them way more of a chore than the previous SM models? So many armour plates, bigger model. Way too much highlighting to do!

>want to start painting some models
>need some new paints
>game stores closed on Sundays
>only days of are sunday

:(

Woah, how'd you do that pattern on the rightmost marine's shin?

Thank you lads, guess I've been making progress after all! I'll post when the model is finished.

Holy shit that combi-weapon is badass, where'd you get it?

Paint set of parallel lines at an angle across the shinguard in the highlight colour, then come in and cross over them at another angle to form the diamonds. Fill in with solid colour. Highlight bottom and glaze top with base colour

I suppose the benefit is you need to paint less of them, but yeah. Mk4 helmets are also the most tedious style of helmet to highlight, with that fiddly mouth area.

My skin is a base and wash so I'll be able to paint all the inner bits and get it as a final step

Finally finished idiot bots for 2,500pts game

beep boop/10

No unit markings, though? If you're making an army that large, might as well add in some proper 'tism.

that's a lot of kinder surprise bots

I use an upended Pepsi can as a palette whilst also drinking a can of Pepsi, I've taken a sip of watery acrylics before expecting a delicious caffeine hit many times

just make a wet palette at this point. You won't regret it!

>Shake pot of paint
>It wasn't quite closed

also BEEP POOP finished