Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

T'au a're t'he b'est r'ace e'dition

previous: >Spess Marine Codex Preview
imgur.com/a/J8agS

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/the-other-angels-of-death-and-codex-space-marines/
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

#

I actually think it might be more that all the extra bulk makes him look like an actual space marine rather than a human in power armour actually.

Plus without the krak grenade launcher we all assumed was a missile launcher, the model stops looking overdesigned.

Electro-priests. 2x10 or 1x20 in a 1500 army, do you guys think? They're deadly and awesome, and I suspect a Triaros filled with them might become a mainstay in my lists once FoC comes out. Hell of a battering ram.

What happens to the Dark Eldar when GW kills off Slaanesh?

Guard need more acess to anti-armor. Everyone else gets it pretty much default.

>Artillery
>Heavy tanks
>Heavy Weapon Teams
>Melta Scions

We have enough anti armour son.

>releases a Start Collecting for daemons of Slaanesh
>Fulgrim is doing stuff in lore
>Forge World Chaos Index FAQ tells you how to run a Sonic Dreadnought
>"They're totally gonna kill off Slaanesh you guys!"

hallo

excuse bad english =D

what is meaning "chad" marine?

thanks

Not to mention slapping missile launchers on each infantry unit

>High cost
>High cost
>Pop the moment someone looks at them wrong.
>High cost and only useful for one turn before they melt.

How can you be so wrong

The rest of the Eldar become Dark Eldar because the only reason they stopped be totally assholes was fear over Slaanesh eating them. Without Slaanesh, they don;t have a reason not to go back to their bullshit.

I'm so fucking indecisive guys. I've been trying to decide for like a month straight what army to start playing 40k with and I keep changing my mind every couple of days. Pick from the choices below and the first post to get dubs will be my army choice.

Ultramarines
Emperor's Children
White Scars
Night Lords
Adeptus Ministorum
Genestealer Cult
Slaanesh Daemons
Death Korps of Krieg

>Bronzeleague

Homebrew succesor chapter

Even in AoS the Slaaneshi daemons and the like were still around when the top pervert himself was out of commission. In the unlikely event that they do something similar in 40k some new daemon will fill the void to eat up Dark Eldar souls.

>Emperor's Children

but homebrew successor or official, but obscure successors are also valid choices

REMOVE XENOS

>Irrelevant and fake
>Irrelevant and fake
>whatisacheapunitincover.gif
>whatsmakingbackitspointcost.png

Emperor's Children and Slaanesh Daemons at the same time.

without counting spam armies, what would be the army tier right now?

I did this, Slaanesh daemons are a huge disappointment in 8th.
You need a herald just to give them enough strength to wound and you need a KoS try to and stop the daemonette squads fleeing.
KoS itself has yet to survive long enough to see combat.
Fiends of slaanesh are generally on the same level as spawn but worse.
Haven't tried chariots or steeds though.

Genestealer Cults.

Orks, chaos marines, tyranids and dark eldar are unironically the best armies right now.
Tau and daemons are the worst.

How so with chaos marines? Not being snarky just haven't heard much praise for the spiky guys.

I'm not the guy who you responded to, but GW led me to believe Chaos got a huge buff.
The're still random as fuck I suppose?

Orks are a spam army, aren't they?

Magnus/Knights/Horrors lists

It's a term for buff handsome men basically. Primaris Marines are taller and more muscular than normal Marines so they are Chads.

Theres a difference between spam and horde.

Not at all. There's a minimum of randomness. CSM are legit really good.

Ultramarines, Primaris only

Gene Cults.

Honestly they work fine for me.
They work good with the chaos marines.
They aren't in the top tier I'll give you, but they do work.
Chariots can ascend walls, and a herald in a chariot can't be targeted unless you put her in an exalted chariot.
Steeds can advance and charge in one turn.
Their invul saves aren't amazing but they ignore AP, and daemonettes can deal a shit load of wounds if your opponent lets them get into melee.
Getting into melee is difficult but fielding one huge squad of 30 daemonettes with a daemonic icon and an instrument of chaos is surprisingly effective. Reroll morale checks with CP to fish for 1's.

White scars, but no bikers.

Genestealer Cults. Cuck the Imperium.

Slaanesh Daemons. Chariots are fun!

>Why is there no cheap, accurate, sturdy, fast, perfect unit!

NIGT LORDS! Evil space batman legion that's all you gotta know hommie.

Do not play marines. I learn the hard way.
They get boring super fast.

Chad is the type of name you'd expect the kind of ridiculous peacock who uses spray tan, spikes his fringe up with hair gel and goes on reality tv shows to have.

A dudebro. A frat house twat. A Chad. Low iq scum peaking in their late teens who think they're some kind of "alpha male" archetype.

Loyalist Primaris new chapter, go full autism and make a lore and backstory.

>guard vehicles
>high cost
hahahahahaha
the only valid complaint is that HWT pop the moment someone looks at them ,

Emperor's Children + some demons

That's 2 of your choices combined.

No one seems to be getting dubs for you man, but 3 different people said Emperor's Children, so if dubs continues to not exist for you there's that.

Night Lords. Full edge

What are top five tourney lists right now?

How were those models done? Because I want to make some for myself.

Night Lords

waac fag pls go

Slaanesh Daemons

Genestealers.

>tfw your name is actually Chad and your name has become a meme with mixed connotations

>waac fag pls go

If i was waacfag i'd already know that, user. I'm genuenly curious because i don't follow the scene.

Emperors Children, full Noise Marines

Anyone play any games recently? Or work on any projects lately? These are my most recent things. I also had a game a few days ago against Orks.

It was 1000 points and playing the Relic, but I only brought 860 points, forgetting my Basilisk and Mortar heavy weapon squad. His squad of Lootas didn't do much so it kind of evened out. I had Straken, Nork, a Priest, a Command squad, 2 Chimeras, 4 Bullgryn, 30 Conscripts, a Commissar and 2 Infantry squads fully kitted out. He had 2 squads of 30 Shootas, 30 Choppa boys, a Pain boy, 10 Lootas and a Warboss.

He got a turn one charge off on the Conscripts and dropped them to 4 men. Then I hopped out with Straken, Nork and the Bullgryn and they deleted the whole Choppa squad. Then the Shootas, the Warboss and the Painboy got in and it was a big melee the rest of the game. I fed the second Shoota squad Chimeras to slow them down all game, but by turn 6 there was only my Priest and his Painboy left of the big melee, so the remaining 15-20 Shootas of the second squad had little trouble beating the Priest to death.

Imperial Fists, go full primaris, too.

Dubs get

Yesssssssssssssssssssss

WINNA WINNA COCAINE DINNA

Yeah I'm starting to think that might be the way. Don't want to clog up the thread.

Welp, It's been decided boys. We going full Fulgrim now. Might do Daemons on the si-

ITS BEEN DECIDED!

Remember, full noise marines buddy

seems like flyers still are really strong this edition
presumably thanks to the fact that they have great mobility and their weapon facings don't matter anymore
while still maintaining tank like statlines (for the imperium's flyers)

Looks like your slaaneshi daemon sluts will have to wait until your noise marines are all done. Its for the best anyway, without a loudfu daemonettes have been known to do lewd things.

wow what models are those?

>Chad is a masculine given name of Anglo-Saxon/Welsh origins. It is the modernized form of the Old English given name Ceadda

Just use your full name instead of what it's short for then.

Yes!
Noise Marines as troops, Melee focus Chosen as elites, and remember there are rules for Sonic Dreadnoughts in the Forge World Index Chaos FAQ

Lore-wise, does Mortarion still have his elite bodyguards? Can we expect new models for them?

I want to make something like this as an ork flyer, good idea?

Whats it like serving with Custodes in combat? Are they cool guys?

theres some deathguard terminators coming out, but don't expect GW to follow any good lore

Shouldn't you use raptors or warp talons? I thought the cult of speed was a slaanesh thing.

>GW
>caring about lore
That stopped happening on 5th.

Yes and yes.

they come of as being real dicks in the dark imperium and the carrion throne novels

how did you find bullgryns performed?

and I know you said you forgot it but do you know how Basilisks are this edition? I love the model wondering if it's a good addition to my start collecting Astra Militarum

Although I'm like 99% sure they can't, I still dream of Primaris being able to take drop pods.

Huh, I thought Chad was short for Chadley.

I'll make sure to use a combination of Noisy Boys and Sonic Dreadnoughts. Things will get loud, and all that good shit.
Good point, don't wanna upset the balance, those slaanesh babes are known to get a bit crazy with no wub wub.

Two of them can basically drop pod in without the drop pods.

I dream of the three drop pods I bought actually being able to do anything

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/the-other-angels-of-death-and-codex-space-marines/

Lads, read the very bottom of the article. They said "forge world" are getting their own rules. Does that mean my Ryza AdMech army is getting unique rules?

Get those as fast attack.
Bring the noise.

a good group of players debating what is left of the lore it's all I need. Glad about the terminators.
Lovely

This makes me wonder if we are getting even more new stuff beside the terminators, the different posed plaguemarines, the new tank and Mortarion himself.

Probably.

But not Intercessors.

Oh shit

I feel your pain. I brought 3 Centurions full price, now they don't fit in a full Primaris regiment.

They are FABULOUS, and accompanied by AIYIYIYIYIYI music

And make sure you get some Kakophoni to use as havocs.

They only care about eliminating threats to the Emperor to the point that it sometimes goes against the betterment of those around them. A custodes is likely to order the complete annihilation of an entire fleet coming to seek refuge from some warp storm or something if he thinks there is a remote chance that a single daemonic assassin out to get the Emperor is on one ship.

Yes, user, it is very likely.

There is certainly a Mars one. We know that.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

>seeking refuge on Terra

WE'RE FULL

Hey Gullibro, I'm gonna go make some more primaris marines from Chicks and Traitor genetics- You want anything else?

Oh, and did you get that Tau and Necron Tech I asked for?

I use Bullgryns almost every game and they've almost always performed well. They either beat the crap out of tons of units or they draw a lot of firepower and melee. They are definitely worth getting. I find either 6 walking or 4 in a Chimera/Valkyrie is the way to go. All with Slabshield and Power Maul. I haven't used the Brute Shields yet, but it's not a bad option to include 1-2 of those if you have a big unit of them.

Basilisks are nice, cheap and consistent. They don't put out a ton of firepower, but they rarely ever fail me. I would get at least 1. Manticores are also very consistent and do good in all my games so I'd get 1 of those too.

>I brought 3 Centurions full price, now they don't fit in a full Primaris regiment.

Well maybe your problem is insisting on making a pure primaris list when their units are kinda awkward, then.

So, with the Raven Guard warlord trait, Shrike becomes pretty fucking wild. Drop him, charge, no overwatch attacks, then your other squads can charge in with impunity.

>This could be real
Praise Cawl!

Kitbash with centurions, a lot of helbrute parts and too much green stuff and various bits.

>Shrike gone wild

Sounds like something SoB would 'read'

I have to say I'm honestly impressed and wish I could make something that good.