Hey Veeky Forums. I'm trying to invest in some old school paintings in the $50k to $500k range like pic related...

Hey Veeky Forums. I'm trying to invest in some old school paintings in the $50k to $500k range like pic related. Which artists are well known/recognizable, but still within my price range?

Basically they have to at least have a Wikipedia page.

Other urls found in this thread:

johnadamsfineart.com/
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwjOo6Tl4KTYAhXGQ98KHVFFCpMQwqsBCCcwAA&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2018/of-royal-and-noble-descent-l18306/lot.75.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Comeon I know there are rich art-collecting chads on Veeky Forums.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

/biz is just poor neets and dirty pajeets

Wrong website.

No clue, still a poorfag. Could try .

Tornado Thien

I did try /ic/. They were fags and deleted my thread.

Doesn't anyone know about collectible art?

I have no idea about valuating paintings but a few years ago a read an article about an amateur who discoverd by tracking them that the value of paintings is somehow linked to the amount of exhibitions and auctions they were in.

Mondriaan is affordable for your price range

Hey thanks art user. I'll check it out.

Got any others for me?

this has got to be LARP

why would you ever come to Veeky Forums for this advice if you're going to be investing in art in that price range

go talk to an art dealer or something

My friend who works at an art gallery recommended me these guys

johnadamsfineart.com/

I live in the country and don't know of any art dealers within 500 miles. Veeky Forums is very knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this.

>Veeky Forums is very knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this
Who told you that?

>Not buying the dip

Stay poor faggot.

Reg mombassa

>wants to 'invest' in art
>knows nothing about art
Ah, Veeky Forums never ceases to amaze me.

Experience. Now you want some free shitcoins? Show me a painting that:
>is for sale and in my price range
>is a meme picture like the one in my OP that I'll instantly recognize

I will give you free doge.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwjOo6Tl4KTYAhXGQ98KHVFFCpMQwqsBCCcwAA&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
Not really a good investment unless you know a bunch of retards with a lot of money. I highly doubt you would since your first source of information is on an anonymous website. You would have more lucrative oppurtunities collecting comics in cgcs or videoames in vgas. Your target aging demographic are millenials. When was the last time you heard a 20, 30, 40 someone who inexplicabbly have a hard on for "fine art". Believe me, if they have the opputunity to buy classical works of art they would rather buy lambos with the money.

sothebys.com/en/auctions.html

Figure out what kind of art you like before buying or dont whateve

Here's one of some chick
sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2017/master-paintings-and-sculpture-day-sale-n09813/lot.151.html

I don't know any richfags other than myself, but I know richfags collect art so that's what I want to buy.

What is your link supposed to be btw?

Why the fuck would you bother? Only do it if you actually like the painting.

sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2018/of-royal-and-noble-descent-l18306/lot.117.html

this one is pretty cool

How the fuck did democrats when this was made see this series as progress?

Buy and sell aboriginal australian art, wealthy white boomers slurp that up

sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2018/of-royal-and-noble-descent-l18306/lot.75.html

you wont buy this

Just watch the video
YouTube
Adam Ruins Everything - How the Fine Art Market is a Scam | truTV

interesting

What?

>This cycle is, unsurprisingly, depressing. It reflects Cole's pessimism and is often seen as a commentary on Andrew Jackson and the Democratic Party. (Note, for instance, the military hero at the center of "Consummation.")[11] However, some Democrats had a different theory of the course of empire. They saw not a spiral or cycle but a continuing upward trajectory. Levi Woodbury, a Democrat and a justice of the United States Supreme Court, for instance, responded to Cole by saying that there would be no destruction in the United States.[12]

I will, but tell me though. Why doesn't your link go anywhere? I opened it up in a proxy server.

Is it some kind of Jew trick?

Hey Veeky Forums. Is this link a phishing scam and can hurt my computer?

I think classical art is certainly a smart buy now. modern art will be haram in our eastern future