Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

FAQs Updated edition
Sanguinus will never get a model and Tau are Football Hooligans subedition

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/faith-fury-and-firepower-space-marines-preview-july23gw-homepage-post-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for enclaves

What's the ghost app thing?

Figured I'd put it here

How about this:
Have CP and reroll charges
>need 9 in charge
>roll pair of 4s
>spend command point and roll another 4

Because I am allowed to reroll my charge, can I reroll the remaining die since no die can be rerolled more than once?

What do you WANT to happen next in the lore?

What do you think WILL happen next in the lore?

Anyone wanna buy some flyers?

I know it's not a sophisticated list but will it be okay for beginner 1000pts/50PL games? It's based on boxed sets (SC box + 2x Armoured Assault box) so it would be easy to grab and play

Patrol Detachment (Necrons) [49 PL, 993pts]

HQ
Overlord [7 PL, 112pts]: Warscythe

Troops
Necron Warriors [6 PL, 120pts]: 10x Necron Warrior

Elites
Triarch Stalker [8 PL, 181pts]: Twin Heavy Gauss Cannon

Dedicated Transport
Ghost Ark [8 PL, 170pts]
Ghost Ark [8 PL, 170pts]

Total: [49 PL, 993pts]

Do you live under a rock? Called Snapchat

Nth for game balancing.

grindr

That guy was so ass blasted.

No: to re-roll the charge you must re-roll BOTH dice, but you can only re-roll one, because you have already re-rolled the other

Xth for Horny Rat Marines

the obvious intent is that a "charge roll" is a single dice roll of 2d6 and not just the sum of two individual d6

Youd have to be completely retarded to think you can use the stratagem to reroll only one of the charge dice

Valkyries are still a solid choice. Their role is that of a transport and fire support anyway, so my tacti-cool Storm Troopers are still "fine".

>fix the civilized world issue. 3rd had it right the first time
>more marine wank.

>What do you WANT to happen next in the lore?
One of the xeno factions makes a major impact on the setting
>What do you think WILL happen next in the lore?
Another Primarch will come back on the scene

No. You can only reroll any dice once.

>All flyer lists automatically table themselves

I'm so happy right now

Im about to buy 2 Valks for my IG as transports

Don't they suck terribly?

Except single means you only re-roll one. For fucks sake, single is a synonym for one, so you're claiming that something that says "you may reroll one dice" actually means you reroll 2.

The 5+ shooting is annoying as fuck. You basically need to run it with missile pod, heavy Bolter and Multilasers to actually hit and would something.

I'm out of the loop, what are you referring to?

Status unclear. Alpharius was apparently slain by Rogal Dorn in the Battle of Pluto during the Horus Heresy. Omegon assumed his mantle thereafter.[24] After the Heresy, Alpharius (or Omegon) was reported slain by Roboute Guilliman. (It is not known which of the twins were truly killed. The reliability of this information is disputed, therefore it is possible that both Alpharius and Omegon are still alive.)

Yes and no.
They suck as in they are a rather shitty gunboat, but they are rather good at transporting stuff where needed.

But a charge roll is not 2 dice rolls of d6

It is one roll of 2d6

If you dont know the difference then you are retarded

About the flying rules, for example if I have a character and a flyer in front of it, my opponent can shoot at character right away right ?

So as I'm running Storm Hawks Chapter Marines I feel like I should have at least one Storm Hawk Interceptor for bigger games; are they any good? Whats a good loadout for them?

yeah, flyer sniping is real, and something you must be awear of

So the rulebook saying that a 2d6 means that you do 2 rolls of a d6 is wrong?

>Chart-user doing Abaddon's work
But user, Chart-user is actually completing the tasks he's set out to do.

I was literally arguing this yesterday to someone who thought 'ere we go let them only re-roll one dice for the charge re-roll, however a command stratagem is a clear example of "then, unless otherwise stated" this isn't hard.

Some assmonger last thread bitched about how GW has invalidated his army consisting of nothing but flyers and Girlyman.

new FAQ. Models with the Flyer battlefield role no longer prevent an opposing Sudden Death victory.

You must have ground models.

Faqs just came out. Flyers no longer count as units on the table for the purpose of getting tabled. As only flyer lists appeared to be the next bandwagoning memelist and now table themselves turn 1 this made a lots of WAACfags butthurt. In particular we had someone who basically had a salt mine in the last thread, calling everyone shills because his list is now invalid.

Rerolling charges works like AoS. Unless stated, it's one 2d6 roll and as such you can only reroll both. So no, you can't

>But a charge roll is not 2 dice rolls of d6
But it is

>Roll that many D6s
Get fucked, retard

>unless stated
>reroll a single dice

It's stated you idiot.

How so ? The way I read it, it's only count when it comes to determining the winner in sudden death match.
The characters can still be surrounded by un-assaultable Flyers and remains untargetable except to Snipers.

Whoopie Golding confirmed it was the primarch Alpharius who got the Ferrus special on Pluto.

Is a charge roll a single roll of 2d6 or is it 2 rolls of d6?

If its the latter then if I have an ability that adds 1 to charge rolls then I add 1 to each dice rolled, for a total of +2

Obviously that's not the intended mechanic

This

Couldn't imagine having to face my LGS after using that list a bunch and having to look at their satisfied faces when I came in.

Lastalon and Typhoon are the way to go. Skyhammer and Icarus, the standbys last edition are worthless.

Charge is one 2d6 dice, not two d6 dice

This really isnt a hard concept

I wouldn't be afraid to hover for a turn with a valk. They're tough enough to tank it, provided you have more than one threat on the board.

>If its the latter then if I have an ability that adds 1 to charge rolls then I add 1 to each dice rolled, for a total of +2
Post ability and I will prove you wrong.

Holy shit how far from reality are you

This is great news

Oh i thought you meant the flyer belonged to your enemy, otherwise, yeah, they flyer is closer so the character cant be shot

>‘Some rules allow you to re-roll a dice roll, which means
you get to roll some or all of the dice again. If a rule
allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding
several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless
otherwise stated, you must roll all of those dice again.
You can never re-roll a dice more than once, and re-rolls
happen before modifiers (if any) are applied.’
>If a rule
allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding
several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless
>unless
>unless
otherwise stated
>Command Re-roll
>You can re-roll any single dice

Sounds good, I was leaning to that loadout anyway for a bit more effectiveness against ground troops; doesn't really feel like it gets much out of the extra anti air capability

>Is a charge roll a single roll of 2d6 or is it 2 rolls of d6?
It's a single roll of two D6 dice of which you can reroll one of the two D6 dice.

Skorcha Buggies look good this edition. Anyone run them? Also general good Ork units.

>Ravenguard strat let's anything Deepstrike
>including vehicles
>units in drop pods only have to disembark when drop pod assault is used
>use RG tactics to Deepstrike my pods
>have a bunch of drop pods with dudes inside
It's funny cause its stupid. You can also do the same thing by simply deploying drop pods in your deployment zone.

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/faith-fury-and-firepower-space-marines-preview-july23gw-homepage-post-1/

New post on Apothacery, Chaplain and Repulsor tank.

This is the only correct answer

It lets you text and image chat with the dead. That's why the Emperor is a skeleton. That's the meme, get it?

Do units within fliers count for purposes of tabling?

So, my 1,500 point list did pretty well. Tweaking it now that Ravenguard chapter tactics have been fully released along with their strategem. Any critiques?

Battalion Detachment - 1,497 Points
HQ
Kaayvan Shrike - 150 Points
Primaris Lt (Power Sword) - 74 Points

Troops
Tactical Marines (92 Points) - 5x Marines, 1x Lascannon, Sgt uses Stormbolter
Tactical Marines (92 Points) - 5x Marines, 1x Missile Launcher, Sgt uses Stormbolter
Tactical Marines (92 Points) - 5x Marines, 1x Missile Launcher, Sgt uses Stormbolter

Elites
Assault Terminators (255 Points) 5x Terminators, TH/SS
Sternguard Veterans (310 Points) 10x Sternguard, all use Combi-Plasmas

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad (117 Points) 5x Devastators, 1x Lascannon, 1x Missile Launcher, Sgt uses Storm Bolter

Flyers
Stormraven (315 Points) Twin AssCan, Typhoon, Two Hurricane Bolters, Two Stormstrikes
--
The general idea is that I put Kaayvan and the terminators in the Stormraven, use my strategem to deepstrike in the Sternguard, and use the tacticals and devastators to hold objectives and break vehicles.

Nice ad hominem, retard
Can't come up with actual arguments can you?

WAAC flier spam faggots BTFO
WAAC under strength units bullshit BTFO
WAAC units increased in price
WAAC tricks and rules loopholes fixed
WAAC faggots forever BTFO, sell your armies already

Yes

>Tau get buffed

>invalidating valid and thematic armies because you're too autistic to bring a list that can deal with them

They are amazing, and yes I do. They go great with trukks full of tankbustas and Morkagorkanauts, as the opponent is going to lack the anti-vehicle to target them all.

So I'm supposed to bring a D12 now for charge rolls? That's the only way you can get a single die that is also 2d6.

That is what you're telling me right now

I asked this in the last thread but it was buried under mountains of much deserved salt

If I'm reading the FAQ correctly, to run Ynnari Eldar you must have one of their special characters as their warlord, correct?

So literally nothing changed then.

I guess you didn't notice but that was directed at every poster involved in the rules-lawyering speg session

Tau should be squatted. Fuck tau. The only thing more unfun to play against is girlyman

Fuck me, he's pretty.

Open Play is down the hall and to the left.

I still have 30pts to use. Should I pick more drones or maybe give pathfinders ion/rail rifles?

Patrol Detachment (T'au Empire) [54 PL, 970pts]

HQ
Cadre Fireblade [3 PL, 58pts]: Markerlight, MV1 Gun Drone, MV4 Shield Drone
Ethereal [4 PL, 66pts]: Honour blade, Hover Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV4 Shield Drone

Troops
Strike Team [6 PL, 116pts]: DS8 Tactical Support Turret w/ SMS, MV1 Gun Drone, MV36 Guardian Drone
- Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
- 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle
Strike Team [6 PL, 116pts]: DS8 Tactical Support Turret w/ SMS, MV1 Gun Drone, MV36 Guardian Drone
- Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
- 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Elites
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [11 PL, 212pts]
- Crisis Shas'ui: Flamer, 2x Plasma rifle
- Crisis Shas'ui: Flamer, 2x Plasma rifle
- Crisis Shas'vre: 2x Plasma rifle, Velocity tracker

Fast Attack
Pathfinder Team [8 PL, 104pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
- 9x Pathfinder: 9x Markerlight
- Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

Heavy Support
XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [9 PL, 171pts]
- Broadside Shas'vre: 2x Plasma rifle, Heavy rail rifle, Target lock

Dedicated Transport
TY7 Devilfish [7 PL, 127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

Total: [54 PL, 970pts]

There is nothing valid or thematic about flier only lists, unless you are doing a narrative game where the opponent gets all AA and you are trying to kill a bunker or dam by bombing ot.

FAQ

>Some rules allow you to reroll a dice roll

CP reroll

>You can reroll any single dice

Now stop being retarded

I don't see how. That adds a target priority for your opponent and a pretty meaningful points tax for you.

Still don't have stats for this fucker, do we?

How could he; he's autistic.

this

No and now I feel stupid.
Jerk.

noice, so I can reroll a single die on charge with 'ere we go! without cry of my oponent.

>hungry skeleton calves
gross

shotgun pistol is nice

I like the BRRT turret.

Also, that techmarine looks pretty dapper with his bionic monocle.

Well that's suck, GeeDubs should have made them " not closest unit " as well.

How do I achieve weathering on her cape like that?

Why is this apothecary such a dick to his fallen brother

If theres a helmeted variant of this or its an easy conversion I'll probably pick one up though, looks pretty nice.

Nice bait.

moice

Wait, why is a Techmarine the gunner for this?

base form one of recent Rumor Engine.

Personally hate buggies of all kinds, have never seemed worth the points or slots they take. Also the models are fucking awful. I would like to see either new models or entirely reworked units that have an obscene amount of firepower on and obscenely fast chasis that are obscenely fragile.

Obscenely

Do you people even fucking read the faq's

I wonder how would he look like with Solomon Lok´s head.

I really love the model but that hood kills me to much edgy/dark angel for me

Fuck. I cut out the little long bit of one of my snapfit Plague Marines arms.

Hope gluing him together without them isn't a huge pain in the ass.

Any tips on using aggressors?