Cuz phyrexian processing.

What are you talking about?
It's a terrible card and she isn't even that cute

She's very viable and very cute

That's a weird picture of Sigarda

This is cute, even her pose is adorable

Post more H O T angs

This is now an angel thread.

>TFW you will never be cuddled by a qt with big, soft wings.
Why even live?

angel thread

I'm still disappointed my old favorites, the Serra Angels, the Shivan Dragons, etc. aren't the powerhouses they were.

If you play her you literally can't lose the game. She's the most overpowered card in the entire game.

>she isn't even that cute
I will find you and shoot you you motherfucker.

>terrible card
Just put her on the board and you win, you don't even have to legally summon her. If a judge gets called over because you didn't pay the mana cost or even because you're playing her from outside your entire deck, he can't do anything about it, because you can't lose the game.
If the opponent tries to use removal, just ignore it and keep her on the board. Breaking the rules has no consequences because Platinum Angel explicitly says that you cannot lose the game.

I want to say this is terribly wrong, but at the same time, her wording is pretty open.
Has there been any actual judge rulings on this, or are you just being retarded?

There hasn't been judge rulings on this, but he's also being retarded. Getting DQ'd is not the same as losing the game.

Nothing better encapsulates how trash-tier MtG's vision of fantasy is than that they've been churning out angels for decades and every one of them is some winged bitch.

Nigga what?

Having a consistent style is trash-tier? Would it be better to be like YGO and have almost no visual coherency?

Actually, there HAS been.

>No game effect can cause you to lose the game or cause any opponent to win the game while you control Platinum Angel. It doesn’t matter whether you have 0 or less life, you’re forced to draw a card while your library is empty, you have ten or more poison counters, you’re dealt combat damage by Phage the Untouchable, your opponent has Mortal Combat with twenty or more creature cards in his or her graveyard, or so on. You keep playing.
>Other circumstances can still cause you to lose the game, however. You will lose a game if you concede, if you’re penalized with a Game Loss or a Match Loss during a sanctioned tournament due to a DCI rules infraction, or if your _Magic Online_(R) game clock runs out of time.

I stand corrected.

As opposed to all those different angels in the other games? Wow.

On one hand: It's good there is a ruling.
On the other: It makes me sad that at some point this ruling was required to be made.

The wording really does matter. There's that story of the translation of Time Walk into "Your opponent loses their next turn" causing chaos.

Where's the dude angels? The chubby baby angels? The three-headed lion angels? The made-of-light angels? The wheel-of-eyes angels?

For a setting about wizards that hop through countless realities at well there's a shocking lack of diversity.

Angels in MTG are female humanoids with wings, those other kinds of angels in the real world don't exist in the setting.

Angels can get pretty freaky, dude

We just had Male angels in Amonkhet. We've also had them before.

Wtf are three head lion angles.

How are they going to have baby angel fight against demons and shit?

How would they show a made-of-light angel? Wow a ball of light. That really evokes "angel".

Wheel-of-eyes is too biblical. Wizards specifically wants to stay away from major religions.

Having things that are similar between the worlds is what makes the setting feel like a cohesive whole. Thats just the way they chose to go about it. Also due to muh corporate money its important for wizards that things look like what they are called and 90% people who hear angel imagine winged humanoids.

Also we literally just got male angels.

Thalia!

the only true women are of the legion! is a close second.

is that from Kill 6 Billion Demons?

I couldn't come up with a witty way to point out the bottom-right corner of the picture, so have this reply instead.

Gee I don't know user.

>those delts
nice roids

yeah, I didn't notice until after I had posted.

Bonemold armor head ass

Yup.

Not an angel, last time I checked. Human girls need not apply.

>Dude angels

Malach of the Dawn would like a word with you.

Alright, it's a start

> HEY DID YOU HEAR ABOUT ALL THESE WEIRD BIBLICAL ANGELS THIS ONE IS A WHEEL
goddamn just shut the fuck up, I'm so fucking tired of every single fucking retard acting like they perpetually just read "this cool article on Cracked" about this subject
It's not 2009 anymorr

I just realized she's wearing a mask with a visor and star design on the forehead rather than her face being blank with a cyclopean star in the center.

I liked my intepretation better.

For all you know, the helmet is just a part of her face. She's an artifact after all. Maybe it's just her face.

It's worth mentioning because it's such a widely known example.

story time?

Disgusting.

>Wizards specifically wants to stay away from major religions
WotC may think that now, but...

In general I agree with your points, having a cohesive theme gives the term "angel" a meaning in the setting and staying away from anything too real allows them to get a bit more creative and simultaneously avoid stepping on anyone's toes.

I miss when they gave no fucks when making the older cards.

I would have loved so much to be a witness to the game that required that ruling to be made.

>JUDGE, my opponent did XYZ
>Sorry opponent, I'm giving you a Match Loss for a rules infra-
But excuse me Judge, this card says that I cannot lose the game
>...uh...

Its interesting but not really a whole story or anything. The original playtesters of alpha told Richard that they had a card that made them automatically win when they played it, he asked them to show him the card and he showed Time walk which at the time said "Opponent loses next turn"-- basically time Walk took the opponents turn and made it go back to you, but it was being intepreted as your opponent loses the game next turn. He reworded it to the worsing we have now, where you get an extra turn rather than making your opponent lose one.

>Always using familiar nomenclature for familiar things.
>Only using unfamiliar nomenclature for unfamiliar things.

All nomenclature should be memorable if not intuitive. If you don't do this in your setting, you're probably building a bad seeing anyways.

Literally "anything" can get pretty freaky, so long as you're deciding to call your thing something which it is visually and/or conceptually dissimilar to.

Pic related is the freakiest interpretation of demons I've ever seen.

Lol, talk about "capped"

>conceptually dissimilar

Are you familiar at all with how angels are described in the bible

That angle is literally constructed out of platinum.
So less 'roids and more metal sculpting.

Not enough hexproof indestructible

I remember one time when I died but then when I had to play chess with death I just put a Platinum Angel on the board and we sat there for hours until he got bored and left.

fucking nahiri

youtube.com/watch?v=8lsWeBNb_eI

I tried SO hard to make a good edh deck with her.

Sadly she has the double curse of being a red/white general and existing who is a much better choice if you MUST play rw

dat art doe

THICC

I have an Aurelia edh deck that is fine, mostly for 1v1 though. It's good in 1v1 and pretty meh/below meh in multiplayer.

She's an angel to me. My love for her is just as strong.

This. Well they do exist in the setting but they're called Avatars.
>Where's the dude angels?
Amonkhet block. Waiting on the female demons now.
>The chubby baby angels?
Child of Alara.
>The three-headed lion angels?
Archons.
>The made-of-light angels?
pic, and maybe some elementals/spirits?
>The wheel-of-eyes angels?
Way too close to a description in a currently practiced religion.

revisionist bullshit making sorin seem like anything aside from the edgy cunt he is.

nahiri did the right thing. sorin and his precious plane deserved everything they got.

>t. nahiri
get your chalky ass out of here, slut

That isn't Ink-Eyes

false dichotomy.

Sorin is an edgy cunt, and he made a mistake in how he handled things.

Killing a plane isn't the answer to that.

witness true perfection.

Is that from Angelarium?

Or you'are trying Advenced bating e3 or you have bad taste user.
Also this user is right

This got a good chuckle out of me.

My nigga

Yiff butt is good butt

Did anyone say angels?

Fuck off dumb hentai monster reject

>4 angels + Avacyn
wut?

>Not knowing Innistrad lore

psh

I refused to read anything from shadows over innistrad, but I don't remember a 4th angel in thw cards

SOI was actually a good story, though.
There was a secret, WB fourth angel sister of Bruna, Gisela, and Sigarda who went unnamed. Avacyn cast her out and destroyed her due to the angel making deals with demons for the safety of the humans.

Shouldn't she be really cool as a politics/prison general?

Like, you play a fuckton of land destruction, build your pillow fort and drop things like Rule of Law in order tax stuff to keep the table in check.

Well, 3 Angles. The one eating a roll is a human.

>tfw no Compleated Platinum Angel

>nu-slivers are a thing
>Return to Dominaria is a thing
Look forward to a (demi-)cycle of Slivers with two tribes that imitate iconic creatures.
>Serra Sliver
>3WW
>Creature: Angel Sliver
>Slivers you control get +1/+1 and have flying and vigilance
>2/2
>Their blades sing more beautifully than any choir.

>>Serra Sliver
Anything related to Serra is dead, m8

> whenever you would lose the game, you win the game instead