What What What 3 pannel thread

What I made
What the DM saw ( GM )
What I made

He went from douche, to douche in an expensive suit, and nobody was better for knowing him.

what time period and setting was this?

Speak to Rolf.

Modern High School in Virginia.

Addendum

The game/setting was World of Darkness, Geist to be specific. Should probably mention that.

oWoD, nWoD, or something else?

Also isn't Giest one of the fan made splats?

Crab Clan?

Geist is JJBA + Ghostbusters. It's an official nWoD splat, it's awesome but the Devs give it no love.

So were you were a non-human pope with good PR

were you a corrupts pope, a war pope, a robber-baron pope, a complacent pope, or a good pope?

Good Pope, went through undeserved struggles.

I also played the game he was made in and I'm the DM of a campaign that takes place after the initial campaign. He becomes the only thing stopping an interstellar empire from shitting itself because of Shadow Governments and incompetent rulers.

we need one of these for DM PCs

Please tell me more.

The initial campaign was a sci-fi setting with mecha and planet colonization.

Rald's ambition (which was my character) wanted to eventually overthrow the Earth federal government because he believed humanity needed to take its next step by migrating to space. Also because fucking androids was illegal.

Urban originally started as an AI battlecomputer who would eventually have his consciousness uploaded into an android body after Rald stole a literal planet and founded a new government. Urban then became essentially the pope and a centerpiece for android culture and spirituality, the reason being because the initial campaign had a lot to do with whether or not AI could have souls or not. Urban ends up living for a good thousand years after Rald dies and does his best to maintain order in a government that's being contested between the autocracy and industrial businessmen. Eventually the corporate shadow government manages to fuck everything over as the autocracy becomes more and more corrupt and Urban is eventually exiled.

And now a second campaign is starting up in the same setting?

Cool.
Poor Urban. Then again it sounds like he did a good job.

Yeah. Now that I'm DMing, I have a lot more control over the lore and story progression. Which can get a little crazy considering it's technically the same multiverse of every other campaign I've done with this group.

He did the best he could until a particularly fucky generation of the ruling family. The empire ultimately falls but about 500 years later a descendant of the ruling family returns and Urban, who's been sleep for most of that time, fights him in order to test him and see if he has what it takes to revive the empire.

rate mine folks.

Was he sort of the big bad who over time just kinda became a lovable bro?

I wanted to be this Warlord that led an army of goblin mooks to take out bandit clans without remorse and use the party as simple pawns for his goals but he ended up a very confused boy who started to rely heavily on the party with only one goblin servant helping him. GM was a bit ambitious with allowing me to have like 4 goblin pets and I had to downgrade to one servant goblin.

Story? I'm intrigued.

Did he eventually get to take out a clan?

Holy shit man, she is a tension point and has become somewhat of a meme in my group. Ithica was an impoverished noble who became an adventurer in order to make a fortune for her family so they could become nobility again. Initially she came off as a bit of a brat and always made a fuss about being a princess. The reason being she was obsessed with the idea of princesses and royalty and put on a persona meant to emulate what she thought a princess would act like. But despite her constantly whining and being annoying to all her comrades, she was actually caring and always managed to be there for them. She was often the voice of reason and got them out of sticky situations. It became a running joke to "Always listen to Ithica." During one particular adventure the party ran into a unicorn, Ithica instantly being drawn to it because of her love of fairy tales and such. The unicorn was super snooty and stuck up and generally unlikable and really only got along with Ithica. Despite the unicorn saving everyone multiple times, the party still hated it. Ithica and the unicorn made a pact to help each other out, making sort of a business arrangement. One new character was cousin trouble and literally went out of his way to piss off the unicorn after Ithica had tried to resolve multiple issues. This lead to the unicorn commanding Ithica to do something about her "barbaric friends" or else their deal was off and the unicorn would part ways. In order to protect her business arrangement, Ithica magic missled the trouble maker and then fuckin peaced out after everyone through such a hissy fit over it. This lead to the joke that "Ithica did nothing wrong." Afterwards she then went on the free the slaves of her home town, and in the second campaign (in which I was the DM) she went off the deep end and married basically a false jesus in hopes of changing the world for the better. She also lost an arm and an eye.

Even if they are immune to radiation poisoning, no storing low end nuclear waste inside the druid, yes even if you have their permission.

Of course, we still took out a good 5 clans alongside a few smaller bands and a cult. But the problem was that though he had great martial and magical prowess he just had really, really bad luck and always needed helping tying a knot or reading a map.
My goblin buddies were able to participate in about four big fights which I was proud of them for joining in. But I really had to agree with my GM that rolling for 4 little, weakling mooks was a hassle that wasn't worth it after just one battle.

That sounds like it was a wild ride of a campaign, thanks for sharing that.

And the rest of her party. The last character is an NPC helper to the first PC.

The game was Nwod, like that other user mentioned it's an official splat. The idea was to have a sort of Danny phantom/Buffy the vampire slayer esque high school campaign, and then shit escalated quickly.

Geist 2e when. I need this in my life.

4e artificers are kinda silly

"Anchorman" quickly or "neocons in the whitehouse" quickly?

Crazy.

Who were the other party memebers?

I can't read the speech bubble of the lizard on a rock in the third set.

What is it supposed to say?

Did you execute any Characters for incompetence?

There was a trap from the future with amnesia, vampire who murdered children (yet was some how more forgivable than Ithica), some dude we found riding out of a hell hole on the back of some nightmares, and a time traveling cat who ate a stick, causing her to be spread throughout all of time and space because said stick was the only thing tying her to the timeline.

Depends, that refers to a few different things. There was my first accidental murder, that one went from zero to sixty in a second flat and screamed out to crazy faster than a drag racer.

Then there was the campaign itself which went from goofing around shutting up ghosts to being chased by an unkillable homicidal pyromaniac in one session flat.

Then there were the relationships that i developed with the npcs, which can best be described as odd, and happened really really quickly.

Honestly there were a lot of sudden shifts and escalations in that campaign.

"Don't eat the stick."
>"I'm gonna eat the stick."
"Seriously don't eat the stick."
>"I ate the stick."
>"OH GOD WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP ME"

Right? Fucking hell I'm literally sitting there yelling at her and "lol nah I'm gonna eat the stick."

Please tell me she fucked bitches and took names.

He*

And yes. Yes he did.

This was a fun Dresden Files campaign- at least until I got captured by a pain spirit.

Being such a bullheaded, stubborn asshole as Rook ended up being, she opened her True Sight to Look at the thing. Went a little (a lot) crazy, but learned its true name enough to kill it permanently rather than just its shell in the mortal realm. That was pretty much the climax of that campaign.

Gospel of the throttle push my motor everyday

Nice labels.

I feel like you can probably figure out which way this goes through context clues

Yeah, but you ALWAYS LABEL YOUR GODDAMN AXIS. It's a rule for graphs just as much as sentences end with periods in writing.

It was supposed to be a simple job. Get in, find survivors, get out.

Realized much too late that it was never going to be simple. Ended up in a silly place. A place where people kept asking if they could, and never stopped to ask if they SHOULD.

You seem like your pretty mad right now

>Fate guy
>scruffy
>taxi
How do any of these relate

Drivein' twistin' turnin' sideways. I can't take this feelin' no more.

>TFW bullywug monk is the only good-aligned character in the party and has half-a-brain.

In anticipation of Friday.

This one seems like a fun story

is something happening friday?

Different guy, but I'd assume All Gaurdsman Party is finally resuming

Eh, not too much to tell. Game is still going on, think it's that one adventure written escaping from the Underdark. So far things went okay - we manage to make it through the very beginning, engineering our escape with help from one of the drow guards just as demons attack, we ended up losing two orcs (one player of our initial three quit in between sessions), but managed to put some distance between the drow and us with help, (two new players coming in). It's just that the two new guys have kind of made it so now the PCs are, well, just crazy murder hobos that either don't give a shit if anyone else gets killed or will randomly attach themselves to others until they get bored.

Basically the group just seems to run on like every shit game decision you can imagine. Prime example I can think of is when we were camping in a large cavernous area on top of a canopy of huge mushrooms when we heard the sound of someone approaching. We caught sight of what we first thought was a small party of drow making their way in. They seemed to be heading in our direction, but it didn't look like they'd spotted us so likely they hadn't known we were above on one of the caps. While the others were making plans to start leading our band of NPCs towards an exit on the far wall away from them, I took the opportunity to try and stealthfully bound my way across the canopy and then dive into the small lake along the other far end of the cavern. I figure that even if I fucked up my stealth roll, I'd still catch the attention of the drow from them when I hit the water, and hopefully get them curious enough to investigate to let the others escape. I could stay underwater for as long as I wanted, so my plan was either wait to see if they came close enough to the open water that I could grab one and drag him under with me where I'd have advantage, or just idle long enough to give everyone else a chance to run, then pop back up and meet back up with them later.

Even if the drow took off after them, I could still wait long enough by the time they were gone, then start stealthing my way to find the group and maybe take out our pursuers one by one if I could manage it. I say that was my plan because I was just in mid-leap into the water when the party's pixie princess druid (just to give you an idea of what kind of players I'm working with here) flew to the top of the cavern to get a bird's eye view, saw that there were more drow coming in and a few quaggoths, and then fucking shouted to the others about it, alerting the search party to where we were.

Fucking terrific.

Then later when we had to decide on continuing down the route we'd been taking before to get to the saughuin village we had agreed on going, the aasimar priest instead convinced everybody else that we should go down an entirely different route that we'd seen a group of orcs take earlier. Why? So we could track them down, and use them to fight the drow for us. So I begrudgingly went along with them, and in our attempt to find the orcs, they instead spotted us first, told us to fuck off unless we killed some invisible ogre for them. Even then the cleric ineptly attempted to convince them to kill the drow that would be coming back for us, and failed (by which I mean he didn't even attempt to use diplomacy or even bluff, just spouting shit on the fly), so then we trekked to a cavern where we intended to basically hide it out 'til the drow came by and on the off-chance they might blunder into the same orc cave as well that we might then escape. So after safely concealing ourselves, the party warlock just started flensing his fucking hand open, letting blood drain and pool on the blood. To communicate with his god. And the pixie had seemingly attracted the attention of the ogre, and they did a rinse-and-repeat of "kill the orcs for me", "you should kill these drow", "no, now fuck off".

It's like the nexus of retarded player actions.

I always read these threads and 90% of the time they're just unrecognizable or unrelatable in every way. It's like an entire thread of people dropping bizarre and incomprehensible lines in a conversation with that inflection that implies: "There's more to this story that I want you to ask me about, but I'm just polite enough not to derail the entire conversation for." only if it were an entire conversation consisting of only those kinds of lines.

I know, I know... hide and move on. I'll see myself out.

PC is a weak mage who works as a janitor and maintenance man. Powers are based off Shirou Emiya, but because he's a janitor everyone just sees Scruffy. He also carries a car around in his hat, so his main role in the party is just ferrying us from place to place since we're on an alien planet in the middle of BFE.

Just some nihilism.

Singing na na na-na na na, na na na-na na. Na na na-na na na, na na na-na na.

Oh shit, that's the best news I've heard this month.

Bards are applicable to every system.

Did he accidentally come up with a really gimped build?

So was this Paul Heyman type as bad with accounting as he was good with booking?

Please tell me more about the plot.

Your description makes me think of a mission to rescue people from Jurassic park but I'm guessing that's not it since you built a hacker.

>I can make you a mammoth first, then you can climb the wall
Oh god what the fuck how do you escape an all-terrain furry elephant

Dave's not here.

Not-Shirou's build isn't gimped, its just all his powers are based on storing items or summoning them out of nowhere. He is probably the weakest character combat wise, but he's definitely useful.

Having a modern car on a medieval planet with a guy who can summon replacement parts and gasoline is a godsend compared to having to walk everywhere.
I know literally nothing about wrestling or who "Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman" is besides the fact that they're the inspiration for this guy's character. In practice Not-Brock has been the strong silent type, and Paul has been going around and, intentionally and unintentionally, building up the party.

See here's the basic premise. Its a fantasy world that's reached the modern age, so magic exists alongside skyscrapers, cars, smart phones, etc. But its not Earth. The players have been transported to a medieval fantasy planet called "Tetra", which is unique in that the inhabitants are sentient Animals, Plants, Elementals, etc, with only 12 humans walking around as legendary immortal heroes.

So of course when the PCs arrived, they're tempted to view us in the same light, even though we are a janitor, a college student, a high school student's ghost, and a professional wrestler respectively.

But Not-Heyman keeps building up his client by referencing his past exploits, which of course are all wrestling related stunts, but because the NPCs don't know about professional wrestling they think he's being literal when he talks about it.

Like imagine if you explained you beat up the Undertaker and the populace believed you have defeated an actual Necromancer, and you have a solid grasp of what Not-Heyman has been doing. So far it has not backfired on us yet.

Where did it all go so right?

>Not-Shirou's build isn't gimped, its just all his powers are based on storing items or summoning them out of nowhere. He is probably the weakest character combat wise, but he's definitely useful.
>Having a modern car on a medieval planet with a guy who can summon replacement parts and gasoline is a godsend compared to having to walk everywhere.

did not realize he had hammer space powers beyond vehicle summoning, or that he could summon more parts and fuel. Not that it was not a modern setting.

That is indeed very useful.

Also this premise sounds cool.
I hope the wrestler's manager has a reality check before things become tragic.

Mind elaborating? Because this sounds like a fun tale.

Shot several NPCs for being 'yeller'.

>Please tell me more about the plot.
So, setting is based on Megaman X, this campaign (initially) a bit more low-scale compared to actual MMX game insanity. I was part of a team sent in to a facility studying viruses, that was supposed to be focused on developing antivirus programs. My character was a crotchety human specialized in cyberwarfare and hacking, equipped with low-grade power armor mostly for defensive purposes. Rest of my group went with robots, each specialized for specific tasks like scouting, hologram use, search-and-rescue, etc.

Now, like I said, the mission has us go into a facility focused on virus research and antiviral program development. The first sign of things being sketchy was that a good chunk of the information relating to the facility was heavily classified. We only went in because there had been a distress call, some kind of accident. We needed to get whoever survived the accident out of there.

When we DO get there, the facilities are on lockdown, and most of the reported staff is missing. The only thing that greets us is the automated "tour" guide robot, who mistakes us all for new employees and isn't sophisticated enough to understand that we aren't. It guides us through some parts of the facility, first actual survivor we come across is sobbing incoherently and attempting to shove everything in his office through an industrial paper-shredder. Including his keyboard, in spite several protests that nothing is stored on a keyboard.

The most we can get out of this guy through his incoherent sobbing is that there was a sort of containment breach, and that the facility was not entirely honest on results the researchers reported to HQ. We're directed to the main research hub, which includes holographic projections that were originally designed to help researchers better understand and test effects certain viral programs have, in a simulated environment.

You're probably starting to see some of the problems that arise from this

So, you have a facility dedicated to virus research, with state-of-the-art holograms, and researchers who have a habit of fudging their reports back to HQ. The reports fudging isn't dishonest information, they made great progress into antivirus programs, even apparently coming close to what's effectively an antivirus panacea. The fudging comes in just how the researchers have been using the tools available to them. How? Oh, where to start. Purposefully infecting certain pieces of hardware with viruses and putting them on holographic display to create a cyberspace "museum" of viruses? Researchers attempting to create entirely NEW, extremely dangerous viruses under the guise of attempting to circumvent any form of viral evolution? How about some of the robot researchers duplicating their minds on to a few spare systems in an effort to speed up research results and USING THEMSELVES as test subjects?

The thing is, this research kept getting results. So why bother with things like "ethics," "legality," or "common sense" when what you do ends up working, right? They're helping the world, doesn't matter if a few eggs get cracked along the way, right?

Needless to say, as the one mildly paranoid meatbag among a bunch of robots, often became the one having to explain to the few surviving researchers why everything that happened in this facility was a bad idea. After all, their programming prioritizes the opinions of the meatbags. But the insanity of the facility just couldn't stay inside there. Oh no.

So, that panacea program? We ended up carrying it out after going after an AI copy of one of the researchers who'd gone mad from exposure also attempted escape. Panacea ended up in my power armor since none of the robots really wanted to interface with anything from this accursed site, and being the meatbag, my mind couldn't get infected.

Which brings us to the end.

On one hand, the panacea was successful in helping us stop the blind idiot computer god virus that wanted to further this kind of amoral research.

On the other hand, the panacea is self-aware, capable of self-improvement, and bonded with my power armor's (relatively simple) AI.

Because what else would you expect from this place?

All-in-all, the mission was a success. Just a success that will probably doom us all some time down the line.

The party of the last game I DM'd.

This is what happens when a GM can't into story and passes the reins to one of the players, turning him into ForeverGM.