System advice

Hey boys, gonna try and run a campaign where the players play a delivery crew and go on sci fi adventures similar to Futurama. New to dming, whats a good system and any general tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Futurama:_Now_With_Dice
drivethrurpg.com/product/196384/FARFLUNG-SciFi-RolePlay-After-Dark
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bulldogs for Fate is literally this

I can't believe I'm recommending MAID for the second time today.

Most sci-fi RPGs are kind of too detail heavy to really suit this sort of thing. The first two suggestions or something similar are probably the way to go

Use a medium sci fi concept. A little NADA and a ton of Firefly.

Paranoia could work too.

Farflung would be good for this if you want "do whatever" sci fi.

If you want SUPER simple look for "Lasers and Feelings"

I've never heard of these, but Farflung sounds fucking awesome and so does Bulldog, and Lasers and Feelings looks great to pick up to see if my friends are into it. Thanks a lot boys.

Looking at it, how do I go about getting my hands on stuff for Farflung, do I need to go through kickstarter can I find a pdf somewhere?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Futurama:_Now_With_Dice

Zoidberg already has a game for this.

Both of those are good options if you want to run something more narrative.

If you think you want it a little bit crunchyer and more like firefly, you should check out Traveller, or the no brand free version Cepheus Engine (by the love of everything holy, don't give mongoose any money)

CE and Traveller already come with a world generator (there are even some quick online generators) and the foreven subsector in the orginal setting is already a blank slate.

And i think traveller alos brings an adventure idea generator with it, which i imagne would still be nifty to have, even if using Fate or Maid.

Drivethrurpg.com

I'm on my phone at work for the mo' but I'll see if I can post the PDF here when I get home.

That would be awesome.

Feck. It's too big. I can at least give the character sheets. It's runs off the apocalypse world system so you might be able to run with just these.

Can you upload it to like mega or media fire or something? You'd be doing me a dang solid my dude.

There are two of these files for some reason. May as well give both.

Fuck. I just realised, those files are watermarked with my name and shit. Sorry man. I don't want to deal with legal bull.

Sorry again. PDF is only $15 at the mo' tho. Really not that much for a neat system.
drivethrurpg.com/product/196384/FARFLUNG-SciFi-RolePlay-After-Dark