MERRY CHRISTMAS (AMA)

Ho ho ho. Professional crypto trader and portfolio manager here (not like you neets call yourself on your non existant resume)

In the spirit of Christmas, I figured I would share my portfolio allocation for the newfags and bizbros. Consider it my gift, especially for the idiots currently just trading shitcoins on Binance.

AMA. Or not, don't really give a fuck, feel free to waste this chance to learn something

why are you on Veeky Forums on christmas eve?

because there are especially good arbitrage opportunities in crypto tonight with everyone getting drunk, I browse Veeky Forums to pass time

>Professional crypto trader
Because he lives in his mothers basement and spends his allowance on chicken tendies and sub $0.01 coins

believe it or not, there are some adults on biz

>professional
>entry tier normie portfolio

what is the best way to maximize profits from selling your position in an altcoin without taking too much risk

share your allocations, would love to compare notes

>etp

Faggot

lol @ professional w that portfolio bwahahahha

stop going all-in and all-out. devise a target allocation, and when the altcoin significantly rallies, sell off a portion of it to return it to your target. for example, in the picture above, Ive held OMG since the ICO, and its become overweight, so I sell a portion off each month as I rebalance the portfolio, typically 10% of the current stack.

If you're daytrading or view your position as a short-term one, then just continue to gamble I guess

i hold 10k ETP but noy really feeling good about it.

So a good hold in your opinion?

What should one do to start their portfolio?

I'm mainly got my eyes on ETH but see things like XRP, IOTA, LINK,XMR,ZEC

Also any recommendations on how much to buy when you do?

It's a relative value trade. Relative value in crypto is dangerous though, as it can take a long time for assets to "get in line". ETP is a pretty interesting project and far, far below its fair value. From here, I'm a buyer, especially after the recent selloff (in sats/eth terms, or however you view your preferred currency). Research the "coinlock" mechanic and let it sit for 3-6 months.

I should clarify. I'm more interested in buying and holding, not day trading

right on, I feel that. Merry Christmas

take a step back and please consider how fucking immature and pathetic your post is. what are you trying to prove? do you really think anyone here is going to buy your bullshit? what is to be gained?

What qualities do you look for in a coin before buying it?

Tell me what I need to get rid of or add to to rebalance this right

Buying and holding (and rebalancing to a target) puts you above 99% of the neets on biz, good call.

I like to allocate to raw currencies (BTC, XMR, USD), platforms (ETH, ETP), and solutions (XLM, OMG, DATA). I think currencies are most at risk in the 1-2 year range, but gotta have em. That's just me. And you should find other assets you like in each of those buckets, those are just my personal picks.

Starting out, you can't go wrong with BTC (currency), ETH (platform), and XRP (solution)...IOTA, LINK, XMR, ZEC are all great assets but you don't need *too much* diversity, especially while your portfolio is small. Do double the research and find the assets you like and try to stick to 3-4 at first. And no shitcoins. Rebalance every 3 months to your target allocations.

What's a good day trading website?

Polionex, binonce, buttfenix

Thanks user for the reply.

Is putting $50 here $50 there still a valid move when buying low? I believe in the future of crypto no necessarily a current one so I would feel comfortable dropping thousands on something just to see. But $50 - $200 here, watch numbers and adjust accordingly I'm good with. No

do you have to invest decent amounts? I want to throw in 500 but also don't want to get eaten up by fees

In general, 99% of the "tech" in crypto is garbage. I get my hands dirty and test it myself as much as I can...if its still in the idea stage, it's all about the team. But the point is I try to assess the probability that it's around in 3 years; most projects won't be. If theres a blockchain, download it and run a node...play with the wallet with $10 of coin back and forth with a friend. Make sure it works. It's helped me rule out tons of garbage. You should think of yourself as doing due diligence.

From there, I like to look at momentum, relative value, and market dynamics to weed out poorly positioned projects from a portfolio pespective

don't. you'll lose your stack

Thoughts on vechain

Where do you store coins like icx and shit that don't have wallets? just on the exchange?

Merry Christmas and thank you KIND sir!

as long as you follow what you're investing in, the amounts don't matter...think in terms of percent allocations in your portfolio...try to keep things appropriately allocated across currencies, platforms, and projects, and don't chase the latest hype shilled on Veeky Forums..if you must, have an "other" bucket you don't invest more than a few percent into. as long as you don't get the fix to daytrade it or change allocations every day you'll be fine, think in terms of years.

yeah, fees can suck (especially movement and withdrawal) so find an exchange you trust for altcoins. I hate to say it, (and let the hate flow through biz) but GDAX (w/ no fees) is good if you're in that small size range, plus something like Binance if you're not withdrawing out, just buying allocations inside

the spirit of Veeky Forums is to help people actually succeed...anything we can do to help is actually a positive thing...realize it or not, having a bunch of neets losing their allowances is not a good thing for crypto

Got no linx you don't know shit, gotta gobble up some of them LINX nigga boy

> professional crypto trader

Arsehole.

ERC-20 tokens go into your Ethereum wallet, not stored on an exchange. Metamask is a pretty safe and easy way to start if you're new and don't face major security risks

looks like vaporware, happy to be proven wrong

more and more wall st coming into crypto, its just the reality

Would love to hear more about the system you use to organise your trades. This is an excel sheet? How does it pull in the current prices etc

Believe or not there are decent men on Veeky Forums

the market went 9x while eth went 2x the past few months. you would've done better holding pretty much anything else. how does this make you feel?

Views on REQ and QSP?

any resources to learn how to trade/tips?

Yes, I (sadly) still use excel...I've seen very little good software. the larger players build their own exchange integrated software, and there are hundreds of teams working on building "portfolio management tools", but we'll see...right now it's excel with some APIs.

The main thing I track is changes in the portfolio by week. All trades are documented, and I do an attribution analysis to see whats working and not working over time. Just start recording all your activity, it's better than keeping it in your head

It feels just fine. You're never going to pick the best performing asset, the best you can do is build a diversified portfolio that's in it for the long haul, and crush the benchmark (whether in your mind thats Bitcoin or the S&P500). Literally nobody can have only the top-performing assets in their portfolio, just build something with great risk-adjusted returns and you'll be rich, happy, and successful. Merry christmas!

We have a good man here, Merry Christmas boys!

I like both projects but full disclosure don't own either. Both are ambitious and are doing the legwork to bootstrap nice businesses. I'd love to see them succeed

Start conservatively. Crypto is fucking crazy and can do anything at any time, and every few weeks everyone resets their expectations. Start with 5% of your liquid net worth or something that you can afford to lose (literally vaporized) and allocate it into one currency (like BTC), one platform (like ETH), and one other project you really like after doing your research. Resist the temptation to daytrade, and spend an hour a night researching the market, reading non-biz resources (sorry biz); Medium actually has some good writing on it, believe it or not (read literally everything) and most of all FORM YOUR OWN OPINION, even if that takes time. Ignore the shills and people telling you what to think, always.

What is your average return ? Well just tell me when you started and what return you made

Are you a top or a powerbottom? Roger Ver is known as a powerbottom

I'm new to the crypto world but very motivated to learn more, do you recommend any books/clips etc?

Also, what are your thoughts on ICX?

What do you think of BRD, I was thinking of just selling it and holding onto ETH

Yoo I'm running my arb bot rn aswell, such returns so leveraged, will send if any wants but it only does 0.01% a sec

Any suggestions for selling trading bots bc I don't have the capitol to utilize properly.

I dabbled starting in 2013, but just dabbling. I wish I was more interested then. Since really committing, BTC * 212%.

If I had to choose, powerbottom

I haven't been able to fully dive into ICX and form an opinion yet, and BRD looks pretty decent. I'm generally wary of ICO tokens immediately after their ICO, it's the stage that most people get pumped and dumped on, so just be careful. If you like the assets (and would hold them for 2 years), go for it.

Whoa, 0.01% a second compounded is 43% an hour, or 565000% a day. That's a great bot.

>14% ETP
> professional crypto trader

kys

That's only at peak sometimes it will do nothing for like forever. I gotta sleep but my GitHub is theodor3 I'll post it after I kick some bugs out

You will.

It's currently trading with a marketcap 2.9% of NEO and 3.0% of QTUM. I'm wagering that the gap will close. Feel free to take the other side of the trade.

pffffft

Have you checked out Jibrel? What do you think?

Give me three days mf

What do you think about the premium signals posted on Accelerating Coins so far?
Really worth 1000$/month?
discord.gg/CmteP8j

i'll be watchin

Thoughts on dgb right now?
Would you buy?

Seems like a scam, but I've been wrong before. Their whitepaper doesn't say *how* they're going to do any of that, and theres no proof that their team knows Solidity.

I was on Veeky Forums when the first DGB boom happened. If you know about sharpies, then caveat emptor

Sharpies?

sure mr.wallstreet i made over 200% profit in the last 2-3 weeks with a diversified portfolio, only top100 coins with usecases

If you don't know, then ya don't know

>that entire reddit tier normalfag portfolio
Let me share mine:
HST
ICX
SALT
SC
LINK
ZRX
DRGN

Jesus Christ what happened? Never seen such a brutal pnd.

Then again, if it happens regularly isn't it highly profitable?

No ETH, XMR, XLM, XRB? Why?

>HST
My man.

Except for XRB, those are all boring picks that would at best only give x2 in 6 months
I choose coins that will x20 or x30 in 3 months.

sure was! the amount of bagholders left was just as high though.

I see.

Would it be a noob idea to put half my stack in those boring picks for safety and the other half into more uncertain projects that might explode or tank?

Since every pump is 6x or 8x, I'd set a sell order around 6x. If it reaches it, good, you've made lots of money. If it doesn't, too bad. Wait for 6 months and try again on the next pump.

Opinion on XEM as both a platform and as a currency? You seem to talk a lot about both aspects. Also as a smart contract option?

>Would it be a noob idea to put half my stack in those boring picks for safety and the other half into more uncertain projects that might explode or tank?
No, but it isn't the Veeky Forums way.
Either go broke or live the lambo life fag

I sold my ETH at 800, and have been hiding in fiat ever since.
Is the carnage over ?
Would now be an alright time to buy back in, or wait until after new years ?

I did a research dive into NEM/XEM about 6 months ago when it was a top coin. At the time, I had a lot of trouble validating its promises and didn't issue any assets, especially since I was able to quickly write solidity and prove Ethereum worked, and ETH made a lot more sense as an investment to me. But I really like the core concept of an asset registry platform (I mean, thats all we use ETH for anyway), and it has the potential to be around in 5 years. If you diligence it and like it, def buy some.

KEK but true (if you're starting with a small stack). You get a lot more conservative the bigger your stack gets.

I'll just dump this in here. Maybe I can get some professional opinions in it. Overdiversified or solid long term picks?
There is also 2K BAT which is cut off.

Honestly, fantastic diversification and really respect the portfolio. The only change I'd make is FUN (if you read the whitepaper and spec, it technically has no value beyond the supply needed for people to use their platform -- hard to justify the valuation or potential to appreciate). Hang in there for a year and you'll be proud.

get off verge and invest in something real. wait for ark to moon and sell

Also your rebalancing strategy sounds very interesting. I started tracking everything rigorously two weeks ago and I will keep that in mind. Crazy how the BTC share dropped from 35% to 25% in my folio.
I bought FUN and also XVG totally randomly for a few hundred $ with no expectations, that's why I will just hold and see for a bit.

I'm deluded, never ever getting rid of my ARK. The only coin that somehow has me magically attracted to it.

re: over diversification.... Am I too thin?

some of these are shitcoins for some quick pump and dump fun, but most have $300aud or above in them.

Should I sell some profits and try to hit a moon?

Cheers mate!

actual image -_-

i hope you're joking
"professional crypto trader"

No Verge? You call yourself pro?
You miss 20x+ yearly ROI

Not a fan of dogecoindark (lol Verge rebrand)

Give it two years, and a fraction of this board will be employed with the same title

It's hard to follow so many assets. I personally try to hold no more than 10, but that's personal preference.

When rebalancing your folio, how do you set your percentage targets in the first place?

you are so fucking over diversified what the fuck i hve never seen anything so fucking bad in my LIFE

sorry but no professional crypto trader has only 5% in BTC; you are over exposed in so many ways, like holy shit

You run the numbers or are you talking out of your ass? Invest however you like and I'll do the same ;)

I have more, however purchased in early 2014. its just not added to this porfolio as it is skewing the percentage gain too much!

however, point taken. I'm going to trim the coins to hold only ~8-10.

Thanks guys.

>rules out the garbage
>still carries BTC, XMR, XRP, OMG

What are your thoughts on link and tron

>no LINK
get out

xrp is not garbage when coinbase opens it up, im assuming within a few months

>professional trader
>link

>Australian
checks out

Why no NEO?

this table is useless

Are you going to make it this year? If so, congratulations.

Thoughts on ADA?