We need to update and upgrade our memes

We need to update and upgrade our memes.

Veeky Forums's been in a down slope in the meme department, with anything made in the last five or so years being garbage. It seems like the problem is that only the worst people on Veeky Forums even care about memes, and that's why our memes either suck, or we get people trying to import bad memes from other boards and even other sites.

It's largely thanks to the post-Nazimod stance against board culture, but it's been years since then, and we should enjoy a more relaxed approached towards board culture and be more keen to discuss it, complete with calling things shit when they're bad but making sure to let some of our diamonds shine through.

I don't expect anything good to come immediately, especially because there's even some trolls attached to Veeky Forums who genuinely hate board culture and try to shit on anything like they're possessed by the enduring spirit of Nazimod.. But, it's a problem that needs to be talked about, because unless we address this issue, we're just going to keep having awful memes until this board becomes a mix of sterile discussion and memes filtered through /pol/, tumblr, and reddit.

Don't force memes. Let them arise naturally. Forced memes are always shit.
Also, not Veeky Forums-related.

Memes for the sake of memes are the sole reasons memes these days are mostly complete shit. Stop thinking things need memes. Stop thinking things need to be memes.
Better yet, stop giving a shit about memes. Good ones spread like wildfire and turn to shit in days, and bad ones are just bad. It's like making an inside joke to just feel like you're part of something and it's really fucking sad.

That new moot asshole permitted one thread per board to discuss the current situation of the board and brainstorm ideas.

GURPS is best

I'm willing to argue that all memes are initially "forced." Sometimes not by their creators, but they are actively pressed forward by an individual or a small group until it hits a certain point.

Whether something is forced or not really isn't as important as whether the meme is shit. If anything "Forced memes are always shit" is a bit of a True Scotsman, because if the meme isn't shit, people don't say that it is forced.

>Doctor tells me the cancer is in remission.
>Start smoking again, because I can't imagine life without cancer.

Ur and idiot.

I think the main issue is a vocal population of people on Veeky Forums who suck the creative energy out of impromptu projects which may spawn a meme.

At least, that's why I stopped giving a fuck when every ernest response was met with unrelenting criticism and negativity.

Veeky Forums used to do collective creativity quite well, but it needs an open environment to flourish and starting edition wars, flame and baiting threads, and just being an arseknuckle forces folks to find other avenues for creativity.

I'm not saying these ambulatory hemorrhoids are the majority, they're just vocal and it's enough that people don't come here to share ideas anymore.

Not if they've actually spent time here.

And when have those ever improved things?

>I'm willing to argue that all memes are initially "forced. Sometimes not by their creators, but they are actively pressed forward by an individual or a small group until it hits a certain point.
I agree, but they usually start out as a joke, or reaction to common situation, or as something relevant to that small group's interests, but I doubt they are result of deliberately brainstorming for a new meme.

Of course. I sincerely hope that no one thinks this thread is a call to try and make a new meme spontaneously right here.

I'm just hoping that the people with good enough taste to not care about memes start to change their stance a little. If it's only the lowest denizens of the board who end up deciding what the outward face of Veeky Forums is, that really bodes ill for the boards future. And, that's really what memes are, they're the first thing a person is greeted with when they arrive on this board, and that's partly why it's important to not simply dismiss them as inconsequential.

Culture died when the quests got their own board

>implying having entire board filled with "Badly Drawn in MS Paint Lesbian Monster Girl Quest Part 9.001E3" was ever acceptable

Culture died right around the time quests were just starting and there was that mod that was banning any original content. I don't have the screenshot with me but he was quoted as saying something like "Veeky Forums is for discussion only, not for posting pictures"

Look, at least this one didn't IMMEDIATELY devolve into
>Quests REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Qst was at least Creative and content was produced. Killing that source of creativity didn't exactly Help the situation

I wish I could agree to this without running the risk of getting banned.

But I have gotten banned for posting "I agree" to this statement before in the last few months.

MYTHRAS DOES IT BETTER.

This isn't /b/ or /s4s/, Veeky Forums isn't some meme producing factory.

Nazi mod killed most of this board way back in 2012. It really hasn't recovered since. A lot of quests were fucking terrible shlock that needed to stay on their home boards instead of getting punted here. Prior to every /co/ and /a/ quest getting kicked here quests were small and easily ignored. Now quests are dead and the board is still shit. Possibly even worse now that most discussion went into generals so we only ever get abject stupidity outside of them.

First post best post. If people like the meme enough, they will grow and prosper, and those people that feel that it's forced will grow to accept it - but you can't start a meme on your own, or even as a small group. Otherwise I would've tried countering the current memes years ago.

Yes, one thread, years ago. It's been hundreds of them now. It's time to stop.

The last new meme I remember was GET IN THE BAG

Memes cannot arise naturally because of General threads segregating posters, ideas, game communities, and creative folk into separate self-contained mini-boards.

>any kind of meta thread at all
>questfags rush in to complain

You're all so obnoxious.

The mods should be banning whining about quests being removed from Veeky Forums since it's technically violation of rule 8: complaining about moderation.

This, Generals are a cancer upon this board

It's almost like a lot of people who regularly browse Veeky Forums enjoyed having quest threads on Veeky Forums...

>It's almost like a lot of people who regularly browse Veeky Forums enjoyed having quest threads on Veeky Forums...
It's almost like a lot of people who regularly browse Veeky Forums and enjoyed having quest threads on Veeky Forums can't open /qst/ in another tab...

>It's almost like a lot of people who regularly browse Veeky Forums and enjoyed having quest threads on Veeky Forums can't open /qst/ in another tab...

Yeah, that's why /qst/ is a ghost town. Almost every quest runner who moved saw their number of players drop by 75% or more because most questfags are only interested in one or two specific quests and don't want to browse a different board than their home board for only one specific thread.

A lot of these people joined post ruby quest (which was fine but then every monkey who could slap his dick on a keyboard and create a sentence decided they were going to questfag) and quests, they needed to go(or be severely limited) . I've been on Veeky Forums since it was born from /b/ and left when quests took over, and only came back after the split.

No. Go to /b/ if you want to force memes.

>quests can only function when parasitically attached to another board

Yeah I'm sure that's why Vampire Hunter Adventure thing part 17 has 600 replies...

You're just a lazy entitled shit who wants things your way. Quests are doing fine on /qst/.

I thought "DnD sucks" was the new meme

A few upset trolls trying to force a meme do not make a meme.

I thought Guilliman's Eldar GF was the new meme

I thought
>BBEG
>Ugh
was the new meme

Or... just communicate with logical points

We don't need to update memes.

We don't ever need threads talking about memes.

We need discussions.

We need people talking.

Getting rid of Quests gutted a lot of easy meme production.

Creating Generals gutted a lot of easy meme production.

Fuck, people getting autistic over goddamn drawthreads gutted easy meme production.

>quests can only function when parasitically attached to another board

Could you name some types of threads that don't need any posters to survive?

The point of Veeky Forums is having different boards for different interests and herding content to the boards where they get the most interest. The number of people who browse Veeky Forums and enjoy quests is higher than the number of people who browse /qst/. That's why it's a failure as a board. There was never enough content being created to fill an entire board. As someone else will likely post, the average amount of quest threads on this board was less than eight percent of the total threads in an average week right before /qst/ was created, which seems like a pretty small subgroup to carve out an entire board for.

I remember the early drawthreads.

> vocal population of people on Veeky Forums who suck the creative energy out of impromptu projects

this, more so than memes, is the blight against our old motto

"Veeky Forums gets shit done"

we need more small projects, but we have enough trolls or are they redditors that they chew up and kill a lot of ideas through either vitriol or through slapping their own poorly matched ideas into the cooking pot.
they kill the directive energy, and halt the proper editing and development process.

this is the actual bane of Veeky Forums

fuck memes, give me good new projects!

I wouldn't call them a cancer, but browsing and posting habits have been artificially enforced by autists screaming
>Take it to your general
>Stop cross-posting from other franchises scumbag
>OFF-TOPIC REPORTED

>He says as he does fuck all and never creates anything.
Well done.

>Veeky Forums is killing TG
Veeky Forums ha also been meme its part of it's charm. The problem came when it was entirely meme and zero content. Meme are sugar candy and now the whole board has diabetes

You need a mix. A screaming minority is screwing it for the rest of rest. Yes trolls are killing their own nests

>nuh uh! You are!

I motion to induct the formula of: "Holy Shit user! (x ruling) is (y reasoning) not your dorkazoid (example of anons folly)" as an official Veeky Forums meme. I lost my screencap of the comment but that earned some of my internets for the month.

Man, you should leave again, the board has been garbage since you showed up.

I wouldn't mind a /tgg/ board

Fuck off retard