Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What exotic races do you like the idea of but have to bring in 3pp/homebrew for?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5283967/list-of-ssdk-materials
pastebin.com/5mL0eJUd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Newfag again.

What are FotJR and SotJR? Cringeworthy sexgames someone ran? People?

If there's anything here you don't know, you're better off not knowing it.

Campaigns advertised here that combine the first book of Rise of the Runelords with Jade Regent.

RotJR (Rise of the Jade Regent) is a campaign that recruited from this general at the beginning of the year. The higher powered chargen rules, hint of "as lewd as the players want", and literally months long application process made it insanely popular and competitive. The DM decided to run two games (one run on Friday known as FotJR and one run on Saturday known as SotJR). FotJR is composed largely the DM's friends with a few random popular apps to fill out the party, while SotJR is full of the most memed/self-shilled characters involved in the app process.

Wow yeah that does suck. My experience with pfg games hasn't had a player that trash.

Hope communication with the player or the DM can resolve it for you in some manner.

Thanks for explaining that.

But knowledge is power!

so these threads are just massive circle jerks for the people playing?

Unfortunately, SotJR ended up being the GM's favored son (see ) while FotJR is his excuse to goof off.

All in all though, they seem like they're having fun, and i'm happy for them!

I legitimately hate that image. This is probably the version of spidergirls I hate the most, holy fuck.

I like snakefolk, fungusfolk, plantfolk, octopusfolk, insectfolk, and various other folk. Mostly things with kinda strange physiologies that would create cultural differences and varied societal structures. I've played a homebrew snake race and a homebrew octopus race. Snake race had variants for different hunting styles, and the octopus race was kind of disappointing because it was MGE Scylla, so I added a bunch of fluff. I'd REALLY like to play one of those parasitic fish that replaces another fish's tongue. That would be a kind of cool gestalt for the body being the muscle while the tongue is a caster.

Here's hoping Iron Gods/Carnal Crown/Fiends and Intrigues end up working out too.

Optimism is key.

Not really. Even with big games you'll have maybe 10 people who play it and dozens who didn't get in or had no idea of its existence.

Planty flower people! And nobody would give them to me, so I fucking wrote them myself.

>literally months long application process
Except that's literally wrong, the actual application process was a month or less. The WAITING ROOM that got started shortly after the GM asked if anyone would be interested in the game LATER was open for months and months.

>exotic races

Those are honestly the most boring, laziest 'spidergirls' I have ever seen.

>A semantic argument
WEW LAD

>Not liking exotic races

Yeah, fun. Being hated and ridiculed is tons of fun.

>no actual spider asses
>still have human legs?
>not using the spider legs for anything, they're hanging limp for some reason
>only one set of eyes

>The WAITING ROOM
That included everything you needed for your application. It was part of the application process in everything but name.

Monstergirls that don't have at least very big tits are disgusting imho.

An idea in my head for Sun Birds. Fire Elemental bird people who have built a giant ark ship near the sun and watch over their unconcious god-emperor who flys around the sun endlessly

those aren't even monstergirls, they're a bunch of random schoolgirls with some spider legs strapped onto something under their clothes because they thought it was cool

Well thats why they don't post greentexts of their adventures here anymore. cause we're all assholes to them. judging every decision they made and trying to play the two groups against each other like it was a race.

They haven't STOPPED having fun, they just don't share that fun with us anymore

This is why we cant have nice things.

I hadn't thought about it but which groups even regularly greentext anymore?

Anyone have that homebrew that turned those generic +1s and +2s for enchantments into "mundane" improvements to the weapon or armor? Like a +2 Longsword is just a very well-crafted longsword, rather than explicitly magical?

Starfinder recruitment when?

Post them.

This kinda thing gives me cancer.
> Playing an official adventure path, 6 people. I think the adventure is Rise of The Runelords or something.
> I'm currently a level 2 wizard
> We just clear a factory of like 20 goblins, but there's a huge WTF thing. The dude that owns the factory is vivisected and hanged from the ceiling. He has a 'crystalized' heart in his chest, DM describes it as still beating.
> We get him down, I use mage-hand to extract the thing from his chest
> DM tells me to roll a will save, me and the paladin nearby
> WTF. I pass obviously. Immediately declare detect magic, the paladin goes detect evil.
> Dm claims the object "Isn't magic", and is also somehow "Detects as evil".

I also happen to know that fits the bill of Artifact, except that the inexperienced DM is being stupid.
> Don't know what the artifact does, only know that it's an artifact of some kind. It's evil, and it attempts to mind-control people who come into contact with it.
> I set it aside so I can build a lead-lined steel box, go into great detail into how it's going to be protected. Such as buying a scroll of "Runes of Durability" to make that thing as tough as adamantium, and putting an alarm on the box.

Cont.

It's not too surprising, if the app process was as competitive as folks say. A lot of anons don't see a problem with taking out hard feelings on people.

Sotjr is the one that shares more often. because Wetbirb is a nice guy and when something actually happens he'll share.

This seems more accurate to /pfg/.

I've thought of collecting session logs/greentexts from different games, pastebinning them, and then putting an archive link for them in the OP. Logs/greentext from games get posted, but don't get posted in the thread. People can still talk about them, but because you don't have a player or DM from the game coming in to personally drop the logs/greentexts in the thread, it doesn't come off as much like they're trying to force people to talk about them.

Did we ever find out who smooched who at the harvest festival?

Already did several times, friend, but another one never hurts!
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5283967/list-of-ssdk-materials

Are you the dude running the Karvane game?

I won't argue it wasn't cancer and a fucking awful idea, but one of the first things the GM pitched was the chargen anyway. Even if there wasn't a waiting room, people were probably going to sperg out about it. There just wouldn't have been an easy way to concentrate all the autism, meaning it wouldn't have gotten so cancerous.

The vocal minority that hates /pfg/ games would still bitch and complain. Every week people would start talking about the events of the latest greentext for their favorite games and the anti-game autists would pitch the usual fit.

When we get the rule book! I'm sure there will be a veritable smorgasborg of Starfinder games within the month that it drops in the thread. I just want to run a dungeon crawl for lots of people so we can all test some builds and see how the game works in practice.

That I am, my dude. And it seems the captcha is wise to my shilling, too.
>calle attention

> Still more WTFs
> I inform the DM that I'm going to take several precautions, and run some tests on it. Going into very specific detail
> "We're going to setup a secured testing-chamber, with a FULL SUITE of Protection-spells. EVIL, GOOD, CHAOS, LAW, just to be sure."
> "I'm going to get my hands on a live subject, so I can expose him to it under the secure conditions, in order to find out what it does."
> DM then tells me that I'm not allowed to do that because that would be an evil act. If we want to learn more about it, we're just gunna have to touch it ourselves.
> Both me and party paladin throw the DM. Both of us agree it would be totally irresponsible to just toss the artifact in a lake(It would make this someone else's problem), and we can't risk trying to destroy it because we still don't know what it does.
> At the same time I'M ONLY A LEVEL 2 WIZARD. This is literally the only thing I can do to it since my options this early are so limited.

FFS, there's so many different arguements we could make over this. From the utilitarianist response that "It's for the greater good" that we must know what this artifact does, so we can protect people from it PROPERLY. To the simple capitalist response of simply COMPENSATING a peasant for this shit.

If you're running a game that allows lewds - not even an ERP game necessarily - you need extremely strict quality control or else you'll rake in the shit. If you've ever seen an ERP Discord server, you'll know what I mean. It gets bad very very fast.

Especially for ERP RPG games you need even more quality control.

It was Casimir and Val. they kissed right at the apex of the dancing next to the bonfire. Just about everyone was watching. it was adorable as fuck.

Corwin was being a grump and decided to try to find himself. Having to kill his first crush, and who he thought was his best friend did a number on him.
Leaving a note and not much else. He left for about a year to comeback after the timeskip.

he seems okay now. though he got a slap in the face worth 4d6 nonleathal from Ameiko, and a hug. so all is forgiven.

Don't listen to the people calling it a Memetrigue game. It looks fun.

I may or may not have already applied but it does look fun and "it's as lewd as you make it" is the way to go.

>Ameiko can somehow deal 4d6 nonlethal
Jesus Christ, she's definitely Onryou's sister.
Does Shizuka even exist in this timeline? Or is she doomed to noncanon?

Man, I got into a game that was advertised as having "mature themes" and holy fuck. Lust elves with futa dicks fucking horses, eidolons fucking people, one player got utterly shat on by the GM for denying the GM's NPC fuckmeat. You REALLY need quality control.

Come on Sweagle, you forgot how Corwin and Onryou spent that night in each other's arms!

Try to contact some paladin order, see if they can take it off your hands. That wouldn't be making it someone else's problem, unlike the lake, since you'd be giving it to people who should be better capable of handling it.

It's not an evil act if they're willing.

Find a bum. Pay him. Yeah, you don't know what it does, but if he gives informed consent, it's not evil.

>one player got utterly shat on by the GM for denying the GM's NPC fuckmeat

I really hope there's a storytime for this, because I love me a tale of the DM trying to push shit.

Also because nobody immediately shits on them for simply being. See below for how they love to put on a fucking song and dance for the thread. And you people eat it up.

It sounds like the GM is running the game as his ERP lewdfest that everyone have to join in on.

If you're running a full ERP or even just a game where lewds happen if players want you need to collaborate with the players and GM alike.

Only Master Race
On Mother Base

>It was Casimir and Val. they kissed right at the apex of the dancing next to the bonfire. Just about everyone was watching. it was adorable as fuck.

Is this... Is this a new brand of bait? I feel like this is some kind of elaborate false-flag.

Thanks friendo! I'll try my best to get the campaign to maximum levels of fun for everyone involved including me

>Shizuka even exist in this timeline?

She does exist! She actually visited a few weeks into the two year down time. She wrote the novelization of the First Act...

Turns out she took creative liberties with it. Changing names and dates to protect the innocent and all that. But That ment writing Onryou out of the plot, Corwin being a Literal Animal, and the only tiefling was a short devil spawn gunslinger

I like this idea, although unfortunately we're on some bumfuck coastal town. The closest thing available to a paladin order is some "nondenominational" priest. We already neither like nor trust him. At the same time since this is an established adventure, I have a sneaky suspicion that the artifact is also plot-essential.

Pretty much exactly this. We have all the precautions setup, full suite of detection and protection spells setup. Cleric+paladin+kill team on standby. The hobo will be in good hands, and even if he somehow dies, we'll still compensate his family generously. I think like what, 10 gold is enough to feed a family in this game for 10 years?

Really i'm just glad that the Kaijitsu force can still assemble.

I've never storytimed before, so I don't think I'd be very good at it. Basically, Living Campaigns a shit. The GM had a PC that was the highest level PC in the game. He was a Master Summoner with Leadership. One of his cohorts was a half-succubus, and she tried to get the knight character to fuck her. He said no, so she used magic offscreen to turn some townsfolk against him and frame him for a crime, getting him arrested. The GM is controlling all of this, and I complained, and he told me not to interrupt his meaningful scenes.

I have many horror stories from that campaign, but they're best left to a That Guy or That GM thread, I think.

>It was Casimir and Val. they kissed right at the apex of the dancing next to the bonfire. Just about everyone was watching. it was adorable as fuck.

It's only a matter of time until we get LOGS of the inevitable PMs!

>Racism
>In my Outer Heaven

pastebin.com/5mL0eJUd

I really want to try different versions of the insect race. I think they have potential.

5 silver for a "good" meal or trail rations, so you'd be feeding one person for three weeks or so.

Still, the "life insurance" idea isn't a bad one.

Still seems good. The last time I ever read an adventure path, it was Keep on the Borderlands, which placed the cost of Bread and Beer as 1 copper each.

>mfw you join a Living Campaign as an explicitly passive, crafting-focused character
>mfw you try to corner the market as the wealthiest, or at least the most important, son of a bitch in Generic Town
>mfw you go out of your way to present yourself as a target for either players eager to bully yours, or find cause to hate them in very petty ways

Shizuka showing up makes me hope we'll see more cameos, because there were a lot of fun characters that could have made it in.

Some will never make it, though.

>Some will never make it, though.

Nigga that cute Shelynite cat-girl is a native of the Linnorm Kingdoms, I'm sure she'll show up when the party gets to Kalsgard.

I feel your pain man, the GM screwing your character over with behind-the-scenes backstabbery is part of what led to me leaving a group once.

Might as well throw on the damn nametag.
House Karvane is pretty big and consists of a lot of people with varied tastes. There can be opportunities for lewds wherever you can make them happen, though you may have to work for them more with some people than others.

The start of the campaign will be at latest at the end of august, but I'm ramping things up so I can start shortening the app time if possible. Depending on how the party comes together, we may be able to start in 2-3 weeks if we're lucky.

You just have to shill more so we get more apps!
anonymous sucking-up is always welcome, fear not!

> Mfw I make a wizard with all of the crafting feats
> Spend all my downtime making magic items and putting more Charged Spells on my wand to make myself more useful in combat
> Mfw the party throws a shitfit when I tell them I'll make magic items for 60% of the book cost.
> They autistically ree because I actually make shit for 50% of the book cost, and I'm pocketing the remaining 10% as a service fee.
> Some of them outright refuse to get magic items from me, they would literally rather pay FULL PRICE for items than give the wizard a little extra pocket change.

Daily reminder that I didn't spend literally all of my feats on crafting skills just for the party. 60% of the book price should be perfectly acceptable, this isn't fucking communism.

I've actually been in a shitton of living campaigns. My first was because I was young and naive. Roleplaying whenever I had free time sounded fun, and it was! But that campaign blew the fuck up. I got my current and literally the best campaign I've been in out of it, though. Now I go into them expecting a shitshow when I'm bored and have nothing to do. They generally don't disappoint with horribly unbalanced homebrew "fixes" and people that can't rp for shit. Ended up becoming obscenely wealthy in a few campaigns because the GMs couldn't into balance and none of the players could see the obvious optimal money-making options.

Oh dear me, no. I didn't experience any pain. I knew the GM from a past campaign, so I wasn't surprised by any of the gratuitous stupidity. I felt a bit bad for the knight's player. He and his friends he invited were actually expecting something good.

>60% of the book price should be perfectly acceptable, this isn't fucking communism.

But user, don't you know? All cash must be evenly distributed or else you're a big asshole!

>you will never smooch your crush at the harvest festival

>sad because no games a year ago
>now in five games of all varieties
>planning on running two more games
>am considering making them flexible time games that could play on Monday/Tuesday/Friday

The fuck is wrong with me

Captcha pls
>colle holmes

No, user, it's worse.
You will watch your crush smooch someone else at the harvest festival. And the two of them, and the thread, will never stop rubbing it in your face.

Is that... bad? Are you burning out?
Absolutely savage.

>why not a threesome

I'm not burning out.

I'm just finding it funny that I was sad because I had NO GAMES a year ago, and all my games before then died. Now I have TONSAGAMES. And I wanna run more.

> Dat feel when the female wizard has a charisma of 7
> Literally can't flirt with anyone because she basically has autism.
> So she just steals attractive people's toenails to make Simulacrums out of them.
> Whole party thinks this is super creepy because they're essentially body pillows that walk and talk.
> Meanwhile they are banging every NPC that's even moderately attractive.

I'm... not sure I like how that turned out. There's something kind of insensitive about the FotJR group being the "punchline" of a one-off gag for SotJR, you know? Seems like it does that whole party, and Shizuka, a disservice.

>You will watch your crush smooch someone else at the harvest festival. And the two of them, and the thread, will never stop rubbing it in your face.

What fresh hell have I just entered?

Regardless, if you want a place to vent I made a thread to post in, it's got that guy from American Psycho as the header pic.

Funny how life can be.
7 cha life, baby. To be fair, my party isn't fucking everybody. One of them is in a committed relationship, but that's it. Getting treated like dumb muscle while folks swoon for the girlier fighter stings a bit, though.

>Get into a game with your crush
>Find out they're much better at crafting apps than they are at actually playing

I had fun describing it though. The wizard's a half-elf, so naturally she's moderately attractive. The way I described it is that her typical method of flirting with people was to go up to them and give them a lecture on astrophysics. I just like to play it up for laughs.

Or both parties are the other party as described in the Burnt Offerings novel, written by Shizuka Kaijitsu.

the other group seemed to like it.

>tfw you know you're that guy

Any number of reasons.
>They hate you that much and want you to feel like shit
>They think it'll be a great joke and don't know you weren't in on it
>They're already banging IRL and don't want to complicate things
>One of them threatens to break the campaign up
Any of these or more.

The novel in question is mostly supposed to read like pulpy action book with some noir thrown in.

Granted its a Romance Author's first foray into a different genre.

Fair. I like it as a socializing thing too. My Half-Giant wall was considered incredibly masculine, and actually won the attention of many a lady in the boonies when we were there for a festival. Ended up bedding 13 ladies after winning the arm wrestling contest. He clammed up in conversation, though. He was smart and wise, but he had a hard time getting that across when speaking, so he usually stayed pretty quiet.

The lady, on the other hand, talks a lot. She just has no tact, so she comes off as boorish. Coupled with her beefy appearance, she's relegated to hanging back while the cha kiddies smooth talk people.

I'm still not convinced this isn't some desperate, elaborate false-flag to do... Fuck, I don't even know what at this point.

It's also a joke, you egg.

that's basically all of pfg

Oh god, what an awful group. Our group regularly plays characters of all sorts of ethics, and someone really ripping someone off isn't even frowned upon, as long as it's in character. Of course, what you did isn't even ripping people off.