Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

No one was making a fucking new thread edition

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

bestcoastpairings.com/r/30xgpw4c
bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Tim-Travers-1st-Overall-Boise-Cup-GT-2017.pdf
bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Jeremy-Veysseire-2nd-Overall-Boise-Cup-GT-2017.pdf
bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Thomas-Hegstrom-Oakey-3rd-Overall-Boise-Cup-GT-2017.pdf
youtu.be/VYAqdPMRhuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Dangels are gay!

First for Grey Knights are genestealers!

Can anyone provide a unit review on necrons

are you implying that being a homosexual is anything but the bees knees?

The fluff that should have been: Gulliman wakes up from stasis, Cawl introduces him to the old Thunder Warrior designs left by the God Emperor of Mankind. In need of numbers and power Gulliman allows for the reproduction of the designs on Terra and Mars, under the supervision of the Custodes.

The restored Thunder Warriors are led by Gulliman or one the Custodes captains. Unstable but powerful, they assist in the reclamation of territory lost to chaos, nids and Necrons but are only useful in offensive expeditions due to their rages and instability.

Now they don't replace SMs, are part of established fluff and are justified in their strength.

>user tries to defend his degeneracy
Tip top kek

Agreed, and they still could have introduced a new range of "true scale" marines to slow replace the old one.

So with Renegades, how does it work for me to add in a Dark Apostle for Daemon Summoning?

>I'll take "poor fanart and overdone designs" for five thousand.

>First game as tau
>Play a patrol
>1500
>attacking
>longstrike hammerhead centric force.
>he dumps all his CP into delaying reserves and rapid reinforcements.
>poor reinforcement roles even then
>none of my anti tank shows up until turn 4.
>can barely prevent battlewagons from reaching my boardedge.
>get swamped down.
>still managed to end it in a draw by finally breaking through his encirclement.

Oh man my anus was clenching and long strike saved my ass. his smart missiles with his tank ace ability were key in actually being able to breaking the encirclement My railguns were late, but when they showed up they pretty much saved the day. The entire time i could only think about how i was supposed to be attacking. Fucking ork defense.

How have heresy bros been using the models in 8th? Loyalist or traitors? Ive been playing loyalist with my nightlords so I can use the cataphractii and assault ram rules.

So heroic intervention gives characters a free movement if your opponent attempts to charge, right? It just says they have to move towards the closest enemy.

How do we make Sisters of Silence actually worth taking? Right now, they have no utility, and its cheaper to just use a Culexeus or Primaris Psyker. As of right now, they have no utility.

has to be within 3" of an enemy

FLYERS BTFO
FLYERS BTFO
FLYERS BTFO

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Arent reinforcements destroyed if you dont deploy them by turn 3?.

Nobody cares, throw that shit in the fucking garbage where it belongs

Anyone else see GW's FAQ methods are similar to blizzard and riot, how they wait for the pros to find combos that no sane person would ever consider, and change the game around those top 20 people?

I say give them a rule that makes units within 6" be immune from all psychic powers. Gives them better Synergy, and seperates them from the offensive Assassin.

not in this specific game type.

since both sides only start with 3 units on the table and units trickle in.

Give em the GSC Magi thing?

What do I bring for Ork Anti Tank along side my boy hordes? Tankbustas in a trukk? Lootas hiding in something? Killa Kans with rockits? Kannons?

Tankbustas in a trukk every time, they WILL make their points back at the very least

Tankbustas in a truck with bomb squigs. 2 of those and you should be pretty set

The tourney scene will always affect the casual one, for us that attend these events it's nice to know GW wants it to at least be a couple different lists rather than one really stupid one

/pol/ go away

Why is Facebook salt so good. Watching a guy starting an argument about how his razorwing flock spam got nerfed. Its hilarious, it just keeps going.

screenshots?

the tourney guys who buy the "WHATS GOOD FOR THIS INSTANT" people are the worst, I dunno why they even play this game.

Basically this. Unfortunately I'm straight, but if I was gay I could do fun guy things with my bf and then fuck too. As it is now I have to do girl shit with my gf. Pretty gay actually.

There's so much more to it I don't think I'll bother taking screenshots of all the arguing

What do you guys think of a nob blob to add to my ork army for that weirdboy teleport?

Build my own leman russ annihilator out of an exterminator autocannon and two HW team lascannons and then run a 3 lascannon 2 multimelta "fuck your tanks" tank y/n?

Are conscripts even any good? Last I heard they were over estimated? I know they've tried to fix flyer spam

Nice fluff but you're missing the entire point of primaris which is to upscale the SM line in a way that allows it to be done over a number of years chapter by chapter without upsetting the old collectors. This way they buy units of primaris one at a time to replace their old models and don't freak out too much.

>Implying girl shit isn't the bees knees

People took conscript meme lists in that tournament everyone is talking about, where most people took robby g and stormravens.
Conscrips got BTFO, the meme is dead.

That makes that dudes bitching even funnier when the other meme lists aren't even good. Aside from Robby G.

Wtf else are you going to use an exterminator turret for? Not like you can actually field it.

Tervigons + Venomthropes + Gant congaline is better.

He's basically complaining about how they made it more difficult/impossible to WAACfag and thinks we're gonna be on his side. Delusional. I love that you aren't rewarded for doing max cheese spam because in a month your stupid list will be invalidated.

Go look at the profile for a conscript.
Then look at the orders they can receive, shooting up to 4 shots a turn, shooting after falling back, moving 12+d6 inches, ect
and keep in mind their cheap commissars.
Then look at grots.
Those two units cost the same points.

Never happened.

I was at my parents' place the other day and went into the back computer room, which used to be mine, and found an old idol to Nurgle I made for a store campaign at least 15 years ago. I was amused greatly by what it was next to.

Well yeah, they're good compared to Grots.Grots are definitely under costed. But has the meme list been doing its thing?

>wtf is this heresy bro

The facebook 40k community is unsurprisingly cancer. An AdMech group I'm a part of calls any list that isn't just Dakkabots + Neutron Onagers + Cawl a shit list even if it's just for casual play. And then there was a rather long discussion whether or not a Land Raider can just drive out of combat even if it's fully surrounded by infantry because "it just makes sense, it's an 80 tonne tank" while also calling anyone who has any criticism of any rule in 8th a troll.

I just stay for the people that post decent paint jobs and conversions.

Ah damn, it's a closed group. Can't see any more delicious tears.

Nobody has taken that many conscripts to a tournament afaik.
Probably because waacfags don't have that many yet.

Reddit go away

Its trivial to join. They just ask some basic questions about the Dark eldar so people who aren't into 40k don't join.

Even jesus thinks you're fucked up

More gold. I'm probably a huge dick for not censoring the names but I don't give a fuck.

Anyone got some good ideas for something like spawn conversions for Tzeentch? I'm drained of ideas at the moment but want to make some cool things for my TS/daemonkin.

There's the expense. There's also the fact that you can't take a detachment with negative to no command points, so 500 model spam doesn't work as described.

>fuck competitive players
Basically yes. My DeathRaven list has been completely untouched so far. You field 7 Dark Talons and 2 Darkshrouds? Well fuck you, you deserve it.

I mean I CAN field it, I just won't because it's really bad.

Asking again from last thread, when the new SM stuff releases, will I be able to get it from physical retailers on the 29th, or is it shipping to everyone, retailers and regular customers, on the 29th?

>HOLDS YOUR (table quality) LINE
What do you do?

You do know they're troops and officers are HQs right? Battalions would give an assload of CP

You can only have one of each detachment type in match play. Though a Battalion + Brigade would still give you a fuckload of boots.

Looks like a slaanesh icon to me

bestcoastpairings.com/r/30xgpw4c
Boise GT results, Astra Militarum didn't even break top 10.

Looks good but why is gun just a rectangle?

bless him with a +1 to save

Budget shotgun conversion.
Slice off the stock guard and use it as a pump, cut down barrel

What do you guys think of this?

I feel the stormboyz, teleport boy group, and the tankbusta trukkz will put a lot of pressure on my opponent, while all while the rest of the army will run up behind to deliver the killblow, can even teleport more lads after the first turn too if needed

Wheres the list to that number 4 place?

...? Where does it say that?

I usually take the central section out and glue the (hacked down) bulbous section straight onto the gun.
Also oblig
>Running Veterans in 8th

Jesus christ you stupid millennial piece of shit

Nowhere, I'm just retarded and confused the maximum detachment limit with a limit on each type of detachment.

Only the top 3 lists were revealed to my knowledge.

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Tim-Travers-1st-Overall-Boise-Cup-GT-2017.pdf

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Jeremy-Veysseire-2nd-Overall-Boise-Cup-GT-2017.pdf

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Thomas-Hegstrom-Oakey-3rd-Overall-Boise-Cup-GT-2017.pdf

I see I see

Help him hold the line

What's everyone working on tonight. Decided to refit my dreads with the proper closed sarcophagus front instead of the exposed heads

Does anyone know how broken girlyman is in the new codex?

Show me they actually used conscript spam

>flyerspam

kek

Third one looks cool tho.

Show yourself you fucking stupid piece of shit

Where do you see vets? I see a Company/Platoon Commander about to wreck some shit.

>That feel when you just bought 3 stormravens.

Wow. 0 to assrage in 1 post.
And I wasn't even trying to make you mad.

youtu.be/VYAqdPMRhuI
After devouring a hellbrute he gets charged by a Knight Tyrant that drops him to one wound before he ONE SHOTS THE FUCKING THING on his counter-attack.

Idk why, but I can feel myself being pulled into the Khorne circle jerk and away from DE

It's completely irrelevant; if there were conscripts then it clearly didn't go well enough for them to place highly, and if there were not then these players who try their absolute hardest to break the game deemed them not good enough to bother using.

all the complaints about bobby gee, which I completely agree with, comes not from how tough and killy he is in CC, he is 350 points after all. It comes from all the buffs he provides, 3 command points, rerolls for all to hits AND to wounds within 6" plus his advance, charge and morale buffs

so the problem is the 350 points

Wasn't me fuckface, this was

>and if there were not then these players who try their absolute hardest to break the game deemed them not good enough to bother using.

Or maybe a local tournament in Boise ID at the start of 8e didn't have any players with 500 conscripts?
And it's not irrelevant, because if it didn't happen, it means you're a liar.

Khorne shit is awesome, user. That new BT kit is a seriously nice centerpiece, at the very least.

You balance around the highest level of play, you dingus. If a professional player who knows the game inside and out cannot come up with ridiculous, broken combos with a unit or faction, what makes you think some casual player is going to magically figure it out?
It just makes the most sense logically. Would you rather have the game not have people looking for broken, abusable things in the rules?

Emperors Children fighting Thousand Sons?

If you balance around the highest level of play, the experience for lesser players becomes unbalanced.

>implying

More like you balance around the highest level of play because at every other level of play its L2P and skill issues, not balance issues, that matter.

I started with AOS. I'm supposed to hate khorne. But then I started reading up on 40k and got DoW, and now the World eaters are looking pretty hot. Next thing I know, pic related is my desktop in 4K.

Help.

>Helmets on characters
Sir I misjudged you

>If you balance around the highest level of play, the experience for lesser players becomes unbalanced.

More like the lesser players can gitgud and play at the highest level where its balanced.