/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Which spalt would have the biggest tits?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c5/f3/a5/c5f3a5f26c046050d1621699526ea338.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not how long I did it so much as it is how long I did it compared to how long I normally can.

>Which spalt would have the biggest tits?
I mean I don't like the idea of it but you could probably stat out a pretty awful literal titty monster in Beast.

I don't even know how I'd do that

Keep it in the old thread, shitposter.

>ITT /xfag runs a little and gets a lucky guess

Why would hitting the bump limit be a reason to drop all previous conversations?

>Which spalt would have the biggest tits?
Mage. Life is a wonderful thing.

It was more than a little, and across the multiple different divination rituals I've done, I've gotten plenty of information I would have had no way of guessing.

>not vampire

>s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c5/f3/a5/c5f3a5f26c046050d1621699526ea338.jpg

Oh lordy the entire place is dotted with mines. I'm trying to imagine the different spirits that would hang around Ghost Towns after the mining operation dries up. Somehow I keep returning to the idea of the Hollow Hills. A Spirit that grew out of the evacuated earth. Could be something like a cave spirit but with a lingering tinge of greed or gold within its makeup.

it was never a relevant conversation to the thread or the board. Fuck off to your shithole, you easily manipulated fuck.

Is the /x/fag back? I thought he fucked off.

DO IT

Also remember silver is the bane of werewolfs. A silver mine would get their attention both in the past ans in the now. make sure they get some special attention during the write up. Silver spirit be mad mofos. mad and dangerous

There's no reason for you to immediately transplant your shitposting (by literally repeating yourself ASAP) to the new thread unless you wanted to keep all the attention.

This wasn't fun. Fuck off and die. I hope you can use all that extra stamina to outrun the crushing weight of your shallow, meaningless existence.

You weren't complaining about it like this in the last thread though, and how am I easily manipulated?

got you hear mate

We're already several posts into this thread. just drop it.
We were like 290 posts in by the time it was just people shitposting about /x/fag. I figured to just let it die.

The motto of Mage might as well be "Anything you can do, I can do better." Any Mage with Life can plump up their titties way bigger than any stick figure vampire.

How am I easily manipulated?

I'm not shitposting.

stop talking to it like it's people. or he wouldn't go away

Why do you hate me like this?

This place is made of hate! Don't let it get you down.

What would happen if an Archmage created the Platonic Ideal of tits?

There seems to be more for me than usual though.

Mine spirits make surprisingly good plot hooks. The entire point of a mine is that stuff is dug out of it and brought to the surface so the fucking thing would be constantly trying to evict the mineral spirits that have the poor luck to be near it and injuring the hill spirit it was dug into. Combine that with how dangerous old mines were to have a few ghosts floating around and mines make an interesting mess for the wanwans to clean up.

If I remember correctly Lunar and Silver Spirits were apart of the same spirit brood. Lune spirits reflected the moons often violent mood swings. And the only reason Silver inflicts such a massive bane is because they still fucking hate the Forsaken for killing Luna's Bae(Father Wolf)

>Doesn't post proof
lol

I'm going need to inspect the proof thoroughly before I make judgement

I doubt that the lowly mineral spirits would have enough essence to actually be a threat to the ever growing Mine spirit. The Mine would eat everything around it, including such piss ant creatures. The original Hill Spirit I could simply be subsumed into the growing Mine Spirit depending on how much the Mine digs in and which has more impact on the environment.

>Come to new thread
>Hope the shitposting an autism was gone
>/x/fag is back with his magical powers of having negative IQ yet still somehow living.
At least tumblranon fucked off by the looks of it. Unless he's /x/fag in disguise.

Why do you think I'm stupid?

So how would a mage go about making his waifu real? Calling up her astral counterpart and stuffing it into a homunculus body?

What dots would you need?

>Not the same user bbbuuuuuttttttttt
Do you think I'm a clown?
Do I make you laugh?

Could just use Mind 3 to summon the Astral waifu and then just believe she's real. Why does she need a body?

Newbie here, should I go owod or cwod? Would appreciate if you wrote few sentences about the reason also
>read and decide for yourself
I am reading both of them, but I barely touched the sufrace and to be honest with you can't discern which one is more suitable for me

What do you mean?

Who's worse, /x/fag Or tumblranon?

>owod or cwod
these are the same thing. Classic World of Darkness and Old World of Darkness are the same thing.

If you mean New World of Darkness or the Chronicles of Darkness (nwod, cod). Go with Chronicles, just trust me. Everything makes more sense. As soon as you get best the silliness of the mythology which isn't all that important. Spirit Cops can be good. And Atlantis isn't really a thing.

Old WoD has a bit of a mess of a system, the splats outside of Vampire, Mage and Wraith / Orpheus are shit, and the Metaplot / overall 90sness of it is hit or miss.

New WoD / CofD has a better system and all of the splats (Barring Beast) have merits to them, but the newer stuff has been dipping in quality lately and the devs are getting more and more cringily hamfisted with their politics.

Mind 3, Life 5.
Or Life 4 if you're so messed up as to give your waifu a disgusting repurposed body.

Best of both worlds.

tumblranon by far. /x/fag is a retard but he's a retard that doesn't know any better and isn't being malicious by the look of it.
tumblranon takes a shit in your livingroom because he's a cunt, /x/fag does it because he has the downs.

>giving the world a pure soul and removing a thot
>messed up
haha ok

tumbler is oop why are you surprised they are here?

>taps head
She doesn't need a real body if you believe she has one and simulate all the tactile sensation with enforcing Mind spells and some Forces spells if you want her to act on the environment.

>Putting your pure 2d waifu in a disgusting 3d shell.
>3d women enforce The Lie.
>Anime was made by the Oracles

>beggaring your waifu of the divine form of humanity just so you can show off your use of the worst arcana
obrimos please go and stay go

I'm not even obrimos, I'm mastigos.
But really nice call out there fucking thyrsus

>not putting the pentaclefags waifus in meat prisons
>not serving the Exarchs
lol

Fuck, Geist and Deviant need to come out already.
Get your shit together OPP, I want to run them before my late 60s

This is nearly as autistic as the /x/fag.

>Not joining the Exarchs for the canonical best girl.

books take at least two years. from the observed pattern. small staff. voluntary writers *shrug* production cycles are hell

Thanks,
May I ask how's the 20th edition version of owod? I think I like the owod setting more, albeit the mechanics and lore confusion between different books is annoying. Did 20th edition fixed those problems?

>20
>fixed
nope. just stacked all the confusion in one place. But I hear Wraith20 will be a god sent

It will arrive at the exact same time as the Second Coming, so technically yeah.

Vampire and Werewolf 20 are alright, Mage is a trashfire and should be avoided at all costs.

If by fixed you mean putting about 20 years of material into a 400 page book... No, the issues and problems that owod had are still present if not simply compiled between the same bindings. They've taken all the mechanics and lore confusion between two binders without consolidating anything between the splats. Abandon Hope.

Hi.

I can tell you which splat has the best dildo toilet rape.

user, if you're going to play oWoD. Run my dream game vicariously for me.
Play Wraith, follow some of the Metaplot (Just the splat specific stuff, doing all the MP is insane and will melt your brain.) run a kickass campaign of being dead.
Let the 6th Maelstrom happen, let Grandmother wake up, all that shit.
Run Orpheus. Advance the campaign, and eventually have your current dreamer PCs meet their Wraiths in the ruins of the Underworld.
Do the thing user, believe in the me that believes in you.

To be honest I liked all that camarilla and sabbat jazz in owod, I wish they had those in the new one.
I dont know, it seemed organized to me, do attribute my false assumption to my noobness.
Are you suggesting the lore is fucked up between the settings? Thats one reason I would rather focus on just one "species" vampires only etc.

>Mage is a trashfire
Does too much, and yet not enough. All the same problems as the previous editions just stuffed into a-fuck-ton of paper. And even with that fuck-ton-of-paper they spend so much time explaining the fucking global metaplot(which is a fucking problem in general to owod), and just not enough on the practical magic system. They give you just enough to make Martial Arts and Katana swinging subsections. As well as just the flowery prose, there's way too much of it. Especially for the amount of ground they wanted to cover.

>Jessica Nigri
The proof is fake, user.

Yet Satyrdouche still felt he had space to inject his culinary demands to M20 players.

Make your Lust a Goetic Familiar.

I did a double take. WTF I have no idea why this is essential reading. I have no idea why the Disparate Alliance was essential reading. I have no idea why the techies were essential reading(I like the Technocracy don't get me wrong, but really the book needed to focus more on practical magic of the Traditions). Actually the book needed to focus on the struggles of city willworkers not an encyclopedic understanding of the global meta.

As much as I think this sidebar is dumb, it always makes me hungry.

>wield unlimited power
>still insecure enough that you have to one-up everyone
It's sad, really

Also everyone knows Leviathans have the biggest boobzillas

There's still a Sabbat analogue in CofD, satanic covenant called Belial's Brood
They're not presented as as powerful as the Sabbat, but since CofD is a flexible toolkit, you can make them as important as you like in your political scene
The Invictus, Cartian Movement and Lancea Sanctum would probably ally against them (Camarilla equivalent) and the Circle of the Crone might swing either way, depending on the current situation, agendas, etc ... of both groups

>retyping
If you want the Sabbat in your Chroicle you'll find that they have more in common with the Lancea Sanctum and the Circle of the Crone. Both of these Coven see the vampire as superior to humanity for different reasons. The Second Estate see their superior nature as Divinely Mandated. There are the terror in the night and celebrate their status. It is right that they inflict suffering and hunt the kin. The Circle see themselves as just apart of the Circle of Life(some Lion King sense, we eat the antlope while we are the king of the savanna). They are the apex predators of the world.

Belial's Brood on the other hand are sort of a phenomenon. They are terrible outliners of the vampire condition, inflicting harm malicious and chaos while maintaining a rational mind. Other vampires would succumb to the Beast becoming mindless, but not these fuckers. And they have the tenancy to just appear. One night a Kindred hears a call from their Beast, and they answer it. And some of their own answer it as well. And before long your city has a significant destructive cabal to deal with. It's enough to keep Kindred worried during the daysleep.

>when you were initially really resistant to nWoD but slowly realized how much better it does certain things (hunter affiliations) plus the cool unique stuff it has (Prometheans, etc.)
>all of your interested friends are still stuck on oWoD
>mfw

This is what Enlightenment surrounded by silly people feels like.

>wraith kickstarter finishes in late 2014
>three years and several game lines have passed in the meantime
>white wolf as a company gets resurrected before wraith does
>CtD20 might get released before wraith does

This is Dansky's finest work, putting players into a sort of purgatory waiting for a never-to-be-released game about roleplaying in a sort of purgatory.

Fansplats need not apply.

Jesus has it been that long?

Quark from Soul Cage approves.

t. magefag butthurt that he has to use magic to get ridonculous knockers while leviathans have natural ginormous breastu

What even are Leviathans?

I don't know the oWoD Sabbat very well, but one thing that I remembered was that they don't really give a shit about the Masquerade and will commit heinous crimes, enslave humans, etc ... with much less restraint than the Camarilla

The Lancea Sanctum and the Circle of the Crone are still pretty dedicated to protecting the Masquerade and while they're bloodthirsty monsters with questionable rituals, they still mostly follow the Traditions (or whatever those rules of vampire society are called)

I was linking Belial's Brood with the Sabbath more in that respect, but as you pointed out, they're not a covenant in its own right, they're a cabal (much like the Sabbat is in Camarilla controlled territory)
It's more likely that they have members embedded in all the covenants, either double agents wilfully planted there or just sick vampires who like to unwind a bit harder than their peers

could a mage make a boob so big that even he couldn't lift it?

She could just use Perfecting the Form.

>CtD20 might get released before wraith does

CtD20 DID get released before Wraith, technically.

>I don't know the oWoD Sabbat very well, but one thing that I remembered was that they don't really give a shit about the Masquerade

Dissuade yourself of this misconception. The Sabbat do in fact care about the Masqurade. They just routinely break it in Camarilla controlled cities in order to destabilize them. A distracted and destabilized city is easier to take over.

You won't see Canada covered in bloody faced vampires on the nightly news because the Sabbat still hide their existence from humanity like the Camarila. But its less about hiding within humanity while pretending to be them, and more: DEARFUCKIONGGOD the whole of humanity would wipe them out if they discovered we existed. Or at least they find hiding their existence makes hunting easier.

So, since it looks like I've been misled from the start, what's the purpose of the Sabbath ? What's the fundamental difference with the Camarilla ?

>Sabbath

a day of religious observance and abstinence from work, kept by Jews from Friday evening to Saturday evening, and by most Christians on Sunday.

You mean the sabbat, go read the pastebin it'll have the guide to the sabbat. They mainly exist to counter the antediluvians, whom the Camerilla dont even think exist.

>So how would a mage go about making his waifu real?

So many ways. So. Many. Ways. My preferred method would be a spirit of true love, or some such. Spirit being the necessity here.

The absolute best method would be to have an Archmage create a waifu/husbando Template. Indeed, one of the mentioned Omens involves true love.

Mages must get bored of falling in love with Sleepers really fast considering all the magical options they have.

You can't help who you fall in love with.

Oh wait.
Yes you can.

I don't know. I honestly don't think any of the other splats would be nice to get with. For starters, they all come with messed up baggage and then you have to deal with things like supernatural rage and a soul parasite that wants to drain you of your blood. Best option would probably just be another Mage, and I say that because of practicality, really. Another Mage can share in your life fully, and isn't such an easy target for your enemies to go after.

No, I mean they have options to create their soul mates from a very big menu.

Ah. It would actually be pretty difficult, I think. Easiest option is to pull a Quark.

Difficult at earlier intervals, maybe. I'm talking about Life & Mind creating your ideal partner, using a Spirit of Love or just dabbling around in the Astral.

Or as have an Archmaster create an actual 'lover' Template.

Rewrite a person's mind into loving you as only a true soul mate can.

But it's essentially the same as R A P E

How do I get into WoD guys? I mean both lore and roleplay. Is is true that new WoD is trash not worth giving a fuck about, or is that an overstatement by nostalgiafags? Which editions, books etc. are best? Help a newfag out, please.

What the fuck is a Quark

That sounds morally even worse than rape
You're not just using the person like an object, you're making them into an object permanently

just like using make-up or being funny is basically R A P E