/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

go hog wild?

>That guy who posted his OC like 3 seconds before the thread fell off

That was me :(

post it again

Post it real fast, the only thing above you will be that shitpost autism CYOA.

second cyoa i made... again 1/2

2/2
how is it?

We're getting bad at letting these fall off the board before making a new one, I should be more proactive in the future.

With that in mind, hope everyone has a good thread! Remember to not take bait and don't let yourself get dragged into silly arguments!

Pretty good my man

Some typos and the formatting could be fine tuned a bit, but I'm certainly guilty of those sins in my work too

>Fox
>Conquer

With only one spirit conquering it should be easy, and with the Fox's abilities for lateral thinking I'm sure I could find plenty of ways to get rich and comfortable. Enhanced reflexes are icing on top.

The font is a bit hard to read but is ok. The content itself is fine though. Overall all 7.5/10 not bad but not what I am interested in particularly

Pretty ok if i say so myself
>Spirits
The wolf
The fox
The owl
The turtle
>Control
Monastery

There is only two ways this could end. I fail and fizzle away into nothing, or i succeed and go to change the world for the better.

>White Pawn, Black Rook.

A lot of the Black powers are tempting, but Rook is the only one among both sets that grants immortality right out of the starting gate (barring a charitable reading of Black Queen or White Rook/Bishop preventing aging), and if I never get tired then task-farming should be much easier. The speed boost and being the Juggernaut are nice, but really more of a bonus. All this is predicated on the transformation being effortless to maintain, of course.

White is likewise appealing, but the Rook's safety aura might get boring unless you can learn to control what constitutes 'bad' and the King's scientific prowess is a bit vague. It could potentially be game-changing, but when it comes with a package of mental alterations I'm not willing to chance it. Pawn allows you to choose your upgrades and the benefits are extremely versatile, so slow and steady wins the race.

b-b-but my spirit animal isn't on here... it's still pretty good though. I like it.

White and Black Pawn.

I will now have myself and clones tasked at all the jobs I have and studies to improve myself quickly and effeciently rpg-style.

>Pawn master race
I salute you for your amazing taste in chess related power choices

White Rook and Black Pawn.
Tactically insert myself into the worst parts of the world, eliminating the worst of conflict. I guess my clones would magnify the global effect, right?

Time for some shitpost CYOAs!

How have cyoas affected your life?

This should be useful in the lab.

>Spirits
Fox
Owl

>Control
Conquer

I would have picked monastery, but knowing my anti-social self, I would just hide the fact that I'm clearly going insane and attempt to ride it out.

CYOAs have made my life insufferable, you wretched user. How dare you ask me such a touchy question!

Kill me, please.

Its reminded me I can be productive again when I set my mind to it, so thats nice.

They haven't, really. Maybe my fantasies are a bit different, but I already had all the important parts down before.

>Made me fap more
>Made me waste my time more
>Distracted me from previously enjoyed hobbies
Generally made my life worse overall.

This

Cyoas do nothing but hurt you.

It's my go to procrastination device.
So really, they haven't done anything.
I would have found something else to do that isn't what I should be doing.

Phoenix, Owl, Monastery* (sp.)

Fun!

Attached is file 1/4 of the "final" Mentor, Lover, Rival, Friend. Final in the sense that I do not intend to add more, but will still consider fixes, and DLC is a definite possibility.

Let me know that in no circumstances will I do another companion CYOA of this magnitude, so if anyone wants to adopt the Lover/Mentor/Rival/Friend mechanic for any other setting, there is really no need to even ask, go for it!

This cyoa is perfect in every way and I never knew it existed. I'm tearing up.

>Let me know
*Let me say

File 2/4

White King and Black Knight. I'll use my scientific knowledge to better the earth or mankind, and I'll use my Black Knight charisma and influence to go around convincing governments and voting populaces to adopt my discoveries into their energy or natural resource production or transportation etc etc. I-if they want, since manipulating would be wrong.

The mexican one is great user. I become a magical chef in exchange for just some extra sleep? Sign me up

Communist doesn't sound so bad here. Never being able to own luxuries for myself is a small price to pay for wealthy businessmen suddenly becoming charitable to the world.

(3/4)

This one is a jpg cause I could not get the png small enough (gimp)

What's new in this over that last pdf?

So if you pick alchemy could you find a way to make permanent enchantments with rare enough material?

Whats the limit?

One single typo. I just I know some people prefer the images, and there were no suggested changes to the pdf, so here they are.

Perhaps. Sorry, but this is not like Altering History; I'm not going to define the exact limits and features of abilities. That way madness lies. It's an imaginative exercise more than a game.

I suppose I can add "I don't see why not" as my answer to your first question, though.

Actually I had a question on Altering History.

Namely how does A Powered Companion work in a multiplayer game when you finish your quest(s)

Can you still remove the limiter on their power or is it still restricted

Does anyone have the Berserk/Apostle CYOA?

The false and pointless hope of one becoming real prevents my death, so i guess they improved my life.

I'm glad you like it user; at some point I've got a second roster of potential challengers to use in a variant. I'll get around to it on a slow weekend sometime.

>Can you still remove the limiter on their power or is it still restricted
Er, it should really be restricted for a multiplayer game, because otherwise that can easily be a "instant win button". I hadn't thought of that, though, but will add that restriction into the next update. Thanks for bringing it up.

Fair enough then i can delve deeper into the abyss that is science when making my build.

Thanks for the image version makes it easier for portable use.

Would like to point out that this page seems to suffer from the expanding download bug (i.e. downloading the file results in increase to filesize, usually also making the file too large to post).

Here's a version of the page that has been downloaded and resized to fit the filesize limit again.

np
Oh, weird; I didn't know that was a thing that could happen. But, tested it and you are absolutely correct. So, thanks.

White pawn and black pawn, obviously. Can work on 7 things at once for rapid improvement and once we're swole we can start working together on hard tasks that dole out supernatural abilities. Even extremely dangerous jobs are fine since you can just have 1 person stay home and meme about on tg in case the rest of you die.

Should surpass any other choices fairly quickly.

>wrong place, wrong time
The obvious manhwa backstory.

>Rundall Rex/ wrecking ball
I'd like a big bro and his fighting styles appeal to me.

>Thousand Rush Barrage (R)
A thousand wrecking ball punches!

>Special: secondary style

>Lynx
>Diamond King
>Styles
>Mordecai: lovely rival

Holy shit, if the second page fucks me over I'm going to cry.

I fucking hate Tok for making this. The work he put into this could have easily made Eronomicon live up to the hype it got. He should stay out of Veeky Forums for everyone's benefit.

What does it say about me that I'm much more bothered by the atrocious grammar than the faggotry or content?

>I fucking hate Tok for making this. The work he put into this could have easily made Eronomicon live up to the hype it got. He should stay out of Veeky Forums for everyone's benefit.
I see, you choose "Work in The Salt Mines".

I made the dlc.

Bear with me while I post a series of images.

Never understood this reasoning, "Wow Tok this is pretty dumb" doesn't equate as "HAHA u're so saltly lel"

I'm glad this gets less attention each time its posted though, it'll be just like that Thoth CYOA in a thread or two.

It's funny that the only people who are actually salty about this are the ones who actually liked tok's trash.

>LYNX:
Power> her speed
Relentless> her instant kill
VICTORY

>DIAMOND KING
Power = his power
Relentless > his instant kill
VICTORY

>STYLES
Power < his tech
Relentless < his unstoppable
DEFEAT + 2 energy = VICTORY

>MORDECAI his tech
Relentless > his instant kill
VICTORY

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
This never happens to me. Mystery boxes always fuck me over. Incredible. This was meant to be.

Reward: MASTER OF ALL YOU SURVEY

Mom, I'm home and I'm a Hidden Master now! I don't know what I'll do here but it's certain to be fun. I'm kidnapping Mordecai too. He's coming with me.

It turned out the real salt was inside him all along.

Good job! I'm sure you and Mordecai will be very happy together as the secret kung fu masters of your world.

>It turned out the real salt was inside him all along.
kek

Exactly, the amount of work he puts into this extended shitpost and how it seems he's trying to swing it in a way that makes it look like a big hilarious ruse by good 'ol Tok makes me think he's still desperately clawing for attention and refuses to recognize his autistic outburst as something that wasn't his fault. He'll eventually play it off as "Just an epic ruse and a fun game to help me relax for my next cyoa"

I might be wrong, I have no idea how the mind of autists work.

what is the point of this cyoa, what are you even supposed to do

So I included some worldbuilding snippets.
If you guys think that's cringey I'll crop 'em out.

Do you happen to have sauce on Mordecai?

I liked his fetish shit because he was one of the few authors of that stuff that catered to my specific interests.

Now I'll probably have to get off my ass and finish my personal /d/ CYOA.

You changed the Third Eye description. So apart from knowledge, the only other thing you get from them is 'perspective'? I'm not sure what's going on from it now since it just seems like the familiar/sprite option now with vague differences.

I don't understand the question.
You summon demons.

From a Japanese (I think) mobile game called Gang Road/Joker by Applibot.

Where do we get these star points from?

That's because I changed Bound to Body to already give you their abilities.
It's important to note that familiars and sprites only give you their knowledge for the purpose of rituals.

It has way too many pages so it must be good user. Less is more or elegance thorugh simplicity are lies

Forgot to add image

why

If it says + at the option it rewards you those points.

So, l'm a retard and need a few things explained to me.

First, am I correct in understanding that each "ritual" is a combination of a specific demon and a specific vessel, and that you have to pay for each such combination that you want available? Like, if you pay for a tiger demon in a bottle, and also pay for a koala demon in a matchbox, you *cannot* then summon the tiger demon in a matchbox. Is that right?

Second, if I have a Muse in a Jar (which is just amazing as a concept), does that increase my effective power by 5 dots for each ritual? Like, can I use the jar for different rituals? Or do I need a different jar for every ritual which exceeds my power limit?

Why do anything?

Got you, senpai.

I have no idea what Dark Mind means. You're deliberately giving yourself less ritual points for what? Researching fate sounds nebulous. And it says +*, but the description says you get 5 less? What?

Will you improve the formatting of the lore bit?

>if you pay for a tiger demon in a bottle, and also pay for a koala demon in a matchbox, you *cannot* then summon the tiger demon in a matchbox. Is that right?
That is exactly right.

And no, you don't use up your jars in a ritual. You can shelf it and take it out again the next time you do a ritual.

I con't say anything about the fate part, I'm not the author, but the star bit is you trading 5 ritual points for a star. You could trade it right back for 5 points, I suppose, but you could also spend it on things that require stars as a way of trading ritual power for other benefits.

Ritual points =/= star points.
Read the text man.
Shade demonologists are the only ones that can convert ritual points back into star points, allowing them to give up power for more perks.

Some of the descriptions for individual entities states that they're important for some aspect of the world. Does binding them prevent them from serving as the cornerstones as before, or is that only if you're dumb enough to get them killed?

because you get something out of it

If they get killed (or rather, if their vessel gets destroyed) they go back to their natural state. Only when bound are they limited in their effect on the world.
There's actually a special perk for djinn demonologists that lets them bind powerful spirits to a jar without causing too much devastation.

>Only when bound are they limited in their effect on the world.
So, basically you're an asshole if you bind any of the "good" celestial spirits, no?

So you'd need 16 stars to get back to the old level of power using this DLC. Are star point costs and bonuses cumulative with previous options? Like if I went Agent, would I get 2 or 3 stars?

Though either way I don't see an advantage to this update. If I went 'all in' on any particular origin and spirit combination, taking all the drawbacks, even with cumulative stars I'd be getting 4 or 7 from the highest origin (if Civilian Agent and Outlaw are stackable, you should clarify), and 4 stars from the highest spirit type (Celestial). So 11 with the loosest interpretation. Overall, that means the 16 necessary stars are completely unobtainable to get back to a good level of power like in the previous version. Beyond that, I'm also noticing that star bonuses are NOT equalized between the options, making it incredibly imbalanced.

Overall I don't see a point in this update, it's a gigantic nerf, cutting your ability in half and requiring extreme minmaxing to get near how it used to be (though it's impossible to actually get there.) It's all negatives with no positives, so I don't see why you wouldn't just use the first version.

This game has really great art of both genders. That's pretty unusual. Any idea if the game is worth playing?

The snippets are fine, I'd just reformat it some. The ratios of the page means that sideways scrolling is required. I'm not usually one to complain about this sort of thing, but the irregular formatting requires me to actively search for the lore bits, which is slightly annoying.

I'd suggest either making the lore more regularly formatted, or making the page thinner so it fits the screen horizontally.

This is my first time and english is not my native language so be indulgent please

1/2

In this cyoa you can summon demons to be your butlers, bodyguards, magical items, superpowers, pack animals, moving furniture, living space or gateway towards a higher understand, or to destroy the world.

>This DLC makes soulmate viable
>Now i must choose between waifu or cosmic power via proxy