Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

If anyone asks, Chaos did it edition

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

So, seeing as fate of konor starts this week, what are you guys running for it? What side are you fighting for, and what's your fluff behind how your army got involved?

Also, who do you all expect to win it over all

Spiky Elves, almost exclusively jetbikes and hellions, Imperium, because fuck Slaanesh in missionary position for the purpose of procreation with the lights off while holding hands.

Anyone else pleasantly surprised with how vigorously GW is shutting down WAAC players?
Quick FAQs
Bantz on their FB
Tourneyfags are no longer writing their articles

Still salty about losing the roster builder though.

I am pleased they're fucking listening.
Now just need a price bump on Guilliman and guard artillery...

Blood ravens, fluffing it as just another act to prove our loyalty after the events of DoW2: retribution. I'll be taking my second company list with some 1st and 10th company support, but that mostly means I'll be bringing more balanced all-arounder list focused a bit more on shooting, since my 2nd company uses UM tactics.
Konor's also gotten me to magnetize all my dudes, and holy hell I wish I had done this earlier. So easy, yet makes getting pure WYSIWYG such an ease

>because fuck Slaanesh in missionary position for the purpose of procreation with the lights off while holding hands.
Lewd, even for the Deldar

Remove Girlyman, preferably with something unambiguous.

Not a chance in the world that's happening.
He definitely needs a points increase though, he should definitely be in the 400-500 point range

Definitely agreed, if it oneshots knights it shouldn't cost half as much as one. Not to mention absurd army buffs.

He costs a bit more than half a knight, closer to 2/3rds.
It's great that he plays exactly how a primarch should, but it's also completely ridiculous that he's one the best primarchs out side of magnus (and russ and horus from HH) and also one of the cheapest

Guilliman is uncounterable bullshit. I feel like Guard artillery is something the meta should shift around a little.

BUT if they changed something it should just be to tone down Manticores somehow.

No, because they're are thousands of reasons to explain why that might happen. Maybe everyone but dave ducked down, maybe dave jumped in the way of a bullet to protect his serge or HW guy, maybe your dides just said "fuck dave."
It's a wargame, you have to be able to use your imagination to be able to fill in the gaps between the game's abstractions and the actual fluff

I was thinking of running four boys in a landraider

MFW my WAAC list was not touched

Knights go from ~300 for absolute barebones to 700+ for Battletech amounts of gun.

Roster Builder lost the chance to work with GW when he put up a patreon.

DESU i feel the best explanation is "Dave on the front died, everyone else piled in to fill up the gap"

He's far far far from uncountable.
Orks have tankhammers, GSC have PSGS, marines have null zone, CSM have magnus and infernal gaze, nids have the swarmlord and GS, ad mech have electro-preists.
Most armies have ways of dealing with him, he's just too cheap for what he does, so taking him lut still means you have 1640 points worth of stuff to deal with, and him again

DESU I didn't like having to argue over who's closest everytime my units got shot at.

Out of curiosity what is your waac list?

>inb4 300 conscripts with reboot gigabyte

If like two valks filled with units, along with more flying crap.
Do I auto lose if all my models are up in air?

MSU nobz in nauts

Arty is fine. We're already paying 200+ for a fucking Russ do something about that.

If by the end of a turn that's all you have on the field and didn't disembark any of the stuff, yes

Can't spoil it yet, cash prize tournament coming up and some other players are fa/tg/uys

>Spouting memes
The 40k battlescribe data is down as well. Good thing they didn't have a non-specified content creation patreon, right? At least we know GW didn't have issues with the creators blog.
Enjoy not having battlescribe since you faggots didn't speak up about the roster builder.

>Monetizing another company's IP and being C&D'd for it
>A meme

(you)

Does fly confer any other bonuses besides moving over units?

Nth for sharing leaks as battle-brothers

Battlescribe has an option to pay for it.

Depending on how much painting I get done this week and how much of my stuff arrives in the mail:

Kabal of the Black Adder and Storm Hawks Space Marines. The latter is obviously defending Konor, but the former is too if only because if Chaos wins they'll make worse slaves.

Definitely betting on the Imperium to win it all.

Here's hoping every army gets an extra page's worth of relics on top of the old ones

I want to turn this into a Slaaneshi dreadnought of sorts. Forgeworld is fine in my playgroup so it will allow me to make it a "Counts-as" for anything in either Chaos Index.

Which does it make more sense as:
Decimator due to the fact that the Decimator is a Daemon?
Leviathan due to scale?
Helbrute because reasons?
Something else?

Also, any tips on the conversion?

Super happy. No one is a WAACfag at the store I play, but still it's nice to see.

Why do old Ork armies have swastikas? Was it an Ork symbol at one point in lore?

Carbines or Knives on the Rievers? I've bought 2 boxes, so I could technically have a unit of each?

Carbines for thinning down the herd, Knives for fucking up the leftovers?

Appearantly why couldn't they just make it a keyword it allows them to fallback, shoot and charge.

Do relics have a points cost elsewhere in the book?

Is this question hour for autists at the moment or something?

Validating my three Hydras

So, it looks like the best ones are the shield eternal for being 15 points for a 3++ while halfing all damage and the teeth of terra, for being an S:+1, AP -3, D2 weapon that gives d3 extra attacks for fucking 0 points

So I think I'd like to look at a flyer for my Dark Eldar down the line, but I haven't played since 3rd ed when they werent a think. Are there any particular pros or cons between the two? I was leaning towards the Bomber.

Doubtless a section just for them after the melee and ranged weapons point indexes

I think it costs a command point.

Just make sure to take something that vomits mortal wounds from afar.

You pay cheese pizza for them.

Discuss:
Why there is no real movie/series/show based on 40k, blessed by GW?
Ultramarines notwithstanding.

GO

You get one relic for free, replacing what wver you need to as per what the relic says. 1 extra is 1 CP, 2 extra is 3 CP.
You can't stack relics

>and charge.

Source?

FLY only gives you permission to shoot after Falling Back.

I assume that text refers to the base stats and does not apply to modified stats profiles.

It really does feel like not all flying units should have gotten that one.

Like Seraphim? Sure, they used to have Hit and Run.

Crisis Suits? Screw you, being bad at melee is kinda your thing and you can just ignore it.

>Appearantly why couldn't they just make it a keyword it allows them to fallback, shoot and charge.
It is a keyword
It doesn't let you charge.

There are 10 pages of rules guys. Its not hard

Just saw the Dev commentary in the FAQ section.
Characteristics can be modified by abillities, wargear and psychic powers.

If you give Girlyman +1 to his wound characteristic with the warlord trait he RaW loses his character immunity to sniping.

>>Monetizing another company's IP and being C&D'd for it
What allows battle report channels on youtube to get away with it and even receive books to review from GW themselves?

give him +1W too
*wink wink*

Apparently you can take 1 relic per list or detachment or something, it replaces wargear you've already bought but it doesn't cost more points than that.

You posted this exact same shit yesterday, samefag.

>enjoy not having battlescribe
That's what I'm doing. It's hilarious how many people used that thing as a crutch.

>you can just ignore it.
I might have liked it if FLY only lets you Fall Back and Shoot if the unit(s) you were Falling Back from didn't have Fly.

Guilliman can't take the +1 wound Warlord trait, all unique chapter characters are locked into their chapter's straits

Because gw doesn't trust anyone

That's too much of a nerf. A decent points cost increase and/or a loss/nerf of one or more of his auras is ample.

They got it as a gift or paid for it (including the models they're playing with).
Roster Builder did none of that.

I'm using a Terminator Inquisitor and I was wondering a few things. I was thinking of deepstriking him in with a 10 man Scion squad so they could do some damage and also take bullets for him first. But if I wanted to put him in a transport, what are some transports besides the Land Raider that specify that they can take Terminator models? Also would there be any benefit to walking him up the field?

See

As the guy spamming that.
I get the common sense assumption, but I do NOT like the wording GW puts on this.
>Why not just say printed, original or unmodified value?
>everything is characteristics. Some are more characteristics than others.

Partnerships and the fact that they are not providing entire codexes worth of rules for free.

>That faggot at GW who keeps reeeeing at the Blood Ravens being a Thousand Sons successor

Why do they keep denying this? It makes them actually awesome and explains why they covet information so much

Oh. I did not know that.
Thanks for the enlightenment.
i wonder if this interaction will come up again at a later date though.

That's hilarious. Can't wait for the local Ultrafag to fall into that particular trap (which he will, because he's a closet WAACfag that doesn't understand the rules and constantly thinks he found a new loophole)

>Crisis had jump shoot jump
>shouldn't ignore melee

lel

GW have brainfarted retarded amounts of times this edition. And they fucking keep on doing it lmao

Which army has the strongest fliers?

I like jets.

>You posted this exact same shit yesterday
And?

>samefag
LOL

also, they could buy Vectored Retro-Thrusters, which gave them...

...hit & run and fleet

Because of their autistic licence

Seems girlyman is locked into the +40~% Command points per game Warlord trait.
A shame.

That faggot would be ADB, who at one point insisted they're actually black legion succesors IIRC despite that making no sense, and got butthurt when people called him out on it. He's also an all around major faggot and chaos fanboy, who fucked up the lore big time with MoM, gives no shits about turing HH into therapy for his daddy issues and is generally a mediocre writer who for some reason was at one point hailed as one of the best at BL.
Does someone have the screncap?

Oh trust me, that won't stop him.

sure is hard to open paint and eyedropper tool

AdMech players, show me your 2000 point lists.

Why is ADB a faggot? Everything he's written for HH and CSM is god tier for BL.

Necron Warriors and Immortals really shred things don't they?

Those AP scores are scary, making MEQs save at 5+

Anybody uploaded the Shroud of Night novel yet?

Let's say I have a decently balanced 1500pts of troops, cc and some tanks.

where should my final 500pts go?

>Everything he's written for HH and CSM is god tier for BL.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Ha

I'm cautiously hopeful about other armies, Kelly does wonders if he likes/understands the army, but if not you get fucked.

I imagine
>bargain-brand SM flavors, grey Knights, CWE, inquisition, death guard, and maybe chaos
Will all get really cool stuff virtually guaranteed.

>DEldar, harlequins, GAC, Tau, orcs, and deathwatch
Will likely get good stuff too, albeit to a lesser degree

>sisters (and ecclesiarchy stuff), Knights, guard, necrons
Will likely get precious little relicy-stuff, though stratagems will likely be a different story (especially guard and crons)

Unaligned traitor legions and Admech and are a total crapshoot, it always seems to come down to if the writers like the faction. So 50% chance badass, 50% floating off into oblivion

the trouble with Admech is the models are selling like hot cakes regardless of how good/bad they perform, so GW isn't giving them the special incentives that, say, primaris are getting. Same deals as Nids effectively- who cares as long as they buy.

But with nu-GW who knows, my fists are sitting happy so fuck all y'all

Why bother given that it's yet more Khorne wank

Ravenguard Stormravens

It's just that The First Heretic and Betrayer were pretty cool books and people liked Argel Tal. He wrote Lorgar well enough for my liking and the interactions between Argel Tal and Kharn or Kharn and Angron were enjoyable.

Stay mad Celestinefag

Stuff like fliers or other exotic choices you normally wouldn't take in a small scale game. Named characters if you're in to that kind of thing.

It was uploaded a few threads back, check the archive for the mediafire link.

I don't give a shit about Celestine, I was excited about Alpha Legion finally being in the spotlight, only for LMAO BUT HERE COMES KHARN XDDD

>other exotic choices you normally wouldn't take in a small scale game
Such as?

Army is marines btw. I'd prefer to stay fluffy and not have a Baneblade knocking around, but if it's seriously worth doing then I might.

How about 3 CIB and multitracker to prevent overcharge?

I read his first night lords book on reccomendation from a bunch of people saying he was great, and he completely forgot to give the characters motivation or even a reason to live. The night lords as depicted by ADB are just depressing murderhobos flying around killing people because... It's what they do.

This would be acceptable from a Khorne warband, who at least love slaughter and revel in it. Those guys have a built in motivation: Raw bloodlust.

Find out what your meta runs that you have problems handling

Use the 500pt to counter it.