Just how cyberpunk can 40K get?

Let's have a conspiracy set in the 40k universe that's cyberpunk all the time. I ythink a opening to the campaign with a Deus Ex: Mankind divided type of opening would work well.

No.
Use Infinity dir Cyberpunk. They have better ass

I personally found Infinity a little bit fiddly (probably haven't played it enough), and besides Necro is still usable, with a little homebrew.

It's only slightly fiddlier than Necromunda in my experience. The most awkward part is hacking, which you can for the most part safely ignore if you're playing Ariadna.
Besides, you gain dat ass as a bonus.

40k is not very cyberpunk at all. The closest it ever got was Necromunda.

40k was never Cyberpunk, it was always fantasy IN SPHESS. Even when RT era space marines weren't space knights they were overblown starship trooper knockoffs.

>conspiracy
Yes, because that's what makes things cyberpunk, conspiracy

Dark Heresy can be pretty cyberpunk.

I don't see what 40k is missing that stops it from producing cybepunk narratives.

The problem with cyberpunk and 40k is that no one understands how their tech works in 40k anymore. Not even the Xenos know how their tech works anymore. Combine that with the strict ban on AI and you've got a setting that can only go as cyberpunk as artificial limbs and neon lights. No hacking, no robots, just grimdark.

cyberpunk has a lot of focus on corporations and the conspiracies that evolve from that. 40k never focused on that and was mostly a port of fantasy stuff like witchhunters, inquisition prodding for heresy, and crusades, more gothic grimdark than cyberpunk.

The fact that there is almost no technological development outside xenos/tech-heretical circles, for a start. Or that going up against the Admech is a terrible, terrible idea since they're the only people who know how shit even works.

What about internal political strife among Tau?

>playing T'au

Unless you use the Farsight enclave it doesn't get much worse than bickering. Farsight is known for having sympathisers/spies in the Fire caste who send him blueprints of the Empire's latest toys, though.

Look at this gue'la

Don't you just need to focus on the dystopic lives of the common citizenry`and the massive wealth gap?

Is it that the poor have very little opportunity to use technology to empower themselves in the class struggle? (This is a thing in cyberpunk isn't it?)

Dark Heresy isn't really a "punk" setting - you are the oppressive state crushing dissent.

>Is it that the poor have very little opportunity to use technology to empower themselves in the class struggle? (This is a thing in cyberpunk isn't it?)
Pretty much. As Gibson himself said, the street finds its own uses for things. Neuromancer hinges on a street hacker who gets his hands on military-grade software in an AI's convoluted scheme, which just plain can't happen in 40k. At least not without the Arbites showing with shotguns in hand.

spyrers are cyberpunk

>corporations and the conspiracies
Noble houses conspire against each other all the time. 40k is full of conspiracy. What do you think the Inquisition does? Are chaos cults not conspiracies? The Imperium is rife with corrupt bureaucracies, gangs, oppressed masses, occult secret societies, cybernetic implants exclusive to the rich, class struggle, mass surveillance, etc. Most of the core ingredients are there.

Dark Heresy set on a forgeworld could be cyberpunk as fuck.

There's no AI sure, but is it really an unmovable pillar of cyberpunk? You can have fantasy without elves and dwarves.

I've heard of them before but never found any info on them. What are Spryers exactly?

the children of the rich elites who buy super suits and kill the underclasses as a rite of passage

I think the only way I could really see it going cyberpunk is if the whole 40k setting takes place in a Matrix like simulation.

Could they learn how to hack (interface with the machine spirit) like 30k Vanus's did? Or all they all just Sentai.

You can have fantasy without elves and dwarves.

You can have those in cyberpunk, looks at Shadow Run *hard.*

more like a mix of guyvers and boomers, really

Dark Eldar are actually the closest thing to a Cyberpunk faction. They have a megacity (Commoragh) filled with gang violence, one of the highest tech levels of any faction, and an obsession with body modification.

The only thing missing are robots and a counter-culture Kabal trying to stick it to "the Man" out of a misguided idealism.

Does the Vanus temple exist 10,000 years later?

That would be the closest thing to a hacker in 40k wouldnt it? Without that a techpriest probably knows a few thing about world-spanning networked cyberspaces.

I try not to look at Shadow Run, if I can avoid it.

>being this tasteless
Frag off omae

I'd never thought of Dark Eldar that way but I certainly agree with you.
It's one hell of a grimdark cyberpunk but yeah, 40k.

Any recommended reading for a closer look at Dark Eldar society that really gives that cyberpunk feel? I've only really seen them involved just in passing from the stories i've read.