/swg/ Star Wars General

Make the Empire Great Again Edition

Alternatively I-Made-This-Thread-When-No-One-Else-Would Edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Ideas for new Imperial ships/units in FFG?

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!265:-1:55:15:T.16,U.36,U.128;135:42,-1,145:54:8:M.1,M.6;212:18,-1:43:15:&sn=Mock Thweek&obs=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If shields correspond to bust size, that makes the B-Wing's name a little awkward. But not the TIE/DD

>Ideas for new Imperial ships/units in FFG?
For the RPG?
I'd love to see a statblock for the loader droid from shadows of the empire
how about as a PC?

>shield
>not armor plating
I don't know why but it makes more sense for me

Well, naturally. Sloped frontal armor is very important.

And this image is actually tangentially related because it's from a gacha mobage

Third for shilling for Armada

>lost my third to anime of all things

Disgraceful

I mean, we're basically talking about "What if Armada was waifus", there are many worse topics an /swg/ can start on.

I can't wait to be disappointed with Thweek.

Tel's ability on Thweek doesn't work- he'd die, deal 4 cards to himself, and then die again. It's Biggs and Lockdown that will cause problems.

I think Thweek will do his job. He will make people think about list building and have to consider the other guy might turn your advantages against you. If nothing else, getting in your opponents head before you even show up is worth something, maybe even 25 points minimum.

Dalen is the one I'll be sad to be disappointed by. I love abilities like his which play with the maneuvers. Give him AS and he'll be doing some freak drift shit, but he's probably glued to VI and who knows what he'll actually be good for.

Thweek is the kind of card made for people to do goofy things with, to create stories. He won't show up in high level play, but he can be fun if you get the soul read on what your opponent will bring

See, this is the beautiful think about Thweek. He's only as annoying as your own list, in a sense. You got some crazy high PS shit? Boom, he gets it for free.

You bring a real cunty pilot like Biggs or Dengar? Boom, he stole your ability. You only have yourself to blame.

Naturally though, since he's scum, everybody assumes it's the end of the world. Again.

>be user
>walk into your flgs for an armada competition
>see a guy pulling squads of loli TIEs out of his pack
Convince me this isn't the future we chose.

The K-wing on the other hand lives up to her name.

Problem is that unless some one took a cheap ace like the z95 ones Thweek will always be a tier behind. Biggs will be strong to take but everyone else will not. Also since he can't deal conditions he's selection is even more limited.

Thweek is cute but making a list is hard with it

Thweek is annoying because the auto-include nature of Biggs and OL in Empire and Rebel's best lists means that this is effectively a nerf for those 2 factions.

If thweek didn't turn into a horrible monster to fly against with either OL or Biggs' ability, I would have absolutely no problem with this.

Yeah, but most of those top tier guys are more points than Thweek. You could just bring him in with the Mk2 title for 25 points and call it a day.

Although desu, I'd probably go AT, FCS and Glittles. FCS works well if you see a Dengar, Biggs ability has no complaints with Autothrusters and Fenn Rau's ability would make a Pinook good.

And if nobody has a skill you like the look of, well steal the highest PS there and arc dodge.

I'll be honest, Dalan probably isn't going to ever get used. He's Cowell or Lorrir of his box. He NEEDED to be PS9 for him to get used.

Equality is important.

What're the beefcake spaceships?

>It's another "how do I spend triumph" question

so I'm DMing EotE and we're all first timers. We're starting to settle into the rules and how advantage/triumph/threat/despair works and it's pretty great, but one specific circumstance threw me for a loop: a player rolled a check to pick a simple lock. Net result, zero successes, one triumph (the success portion of which was cancelled by a failure).

How are some ways to handle that?

Secondary question, would picking a simple lock be a skullduggery check or a mechanics check? or either?

stop reading my posts you gank son of a bith

>any ship
>male

Lindemann please go.

Skulduggery for a physical lock, Computers for an electronic lock. A player with some tools could probably swing a mechanics check at a higher difficulty - but it should take longer and unless you take even more time it'll be very obvious you literally disassembled the fucking lock mechanism.

As for the triumph, uh, if it's really not to big a deal, you can go cheesy and be like "you've utterly failed to pick the lock - because it was actually open the whole time", especially if they have no threat or anything. Or maybe you find the key under the fake rock by the door. If you want to treat it more seriously, easiest is to make it mechanical like in combat, give the player an upgrade to their next check to try it again. They did not pick it, but learned about the lock to make a second attempted after a few minutes of pondering. Remember, outside of certain passive or reflexive checks, most skill tests (especially technical ones) are burning time.

As the other user mentioned "you've figured this style of lock out, and get a boost on all similar locks from now on" or something is fun

Alternately, something incidental happens- they find a key to the whole base, or maybe they hear a guard coming earning a moment to hide and ambush him.

I like the "not actually locked" idea. If I recall right, the same thing happened to Houdini.

Real shipfus have curves!

>For the RPG
OP here
Yeah, I meant in any of their products, including the RPG

Personally I can see the Missile Boat in X-Wing as something like this:

Attack: 1
Agility: 3
Hull: 3
Shield: 2

Dial: Comparable to TIE Bomber

Action bar: Focus, Target Lock, SLAM

Upgrade Bar: 4 Missile Slots, System Upgrade

There'll be 4 pilots total: 2 Generics and two Aces

Included upgrade cards: Concussion Missiles, Unguided Rockets, Extra Munitions

New Modification: Torpedo Tubes (0 pts, Imperial Only) you may treat all your Missile icons as Torpedo icons)

New title: *Mu 1 (1 pt)

"You may equip the Tractor Beam or Ion Cannon for free
Whenever you perform a Cannon weapon attack, you may immediately perform another attack with an equipped Missile or Torpedo secondary weapon"

*treat any, not all

So you can mix and match missiles and torpedoes

*treat any, not all

So you can mix and match missiles and torpedoes

Woops duplicate reply

Dammit, sorry

So my I'm thinking about running the FFG rpg for my group. We've played star wars rpgs before but this will be the first time playing with EotE. In the past we avoided playing jedi so I'm also interested in Force and Destiny. Any tips /swg/?

>Any tips /swg/?
Read the rules. Make extra sure you read the rules for NPC enemies. Minion groups can save you a lot of hassle tracking initiative and your group won't feel like combat is moving slowly like can happen in other systems.

Since Rey is going to be a reincarnation of the Light Side of the Force in the next movie (and Snoke's her "brother," as the Light Side is feminine and Dark is masculine and came to them from a Force Tree) can we expect to see Avatars of the Force as units or even a background to be in these systems?

don't let any PC get in anything smaller than a freighter for space combat lest they all be killed horribly in the first exchange of fire or by BVR torpedoes

What do you guys think of this list for the wave 11 Meta?

PS 11 is on Vader to not get fucked to death by Nym

The Crack Swarm is to try to be able to joust as well- Instead of going Howl+3 Black Cracks, I went with these guys since, once again, Scum Nym fucks 3 hp ships that joust and don't have shields, whereas 1-rounding these things is significantly harder. Then they could be used as a pretty good deterrent to stop Miranda from going on a bombing run against Vader. Also, I love crack swarms.

I'm not sure if I should make any changes, or if the list is a good idea to fly at all- I'd be bringing it to a pretty hardcore store champs (Pastimes in Niles IL- Home base for Gold Squadron, so Marcel Manzano-tier people will be there) on the 10th.

Any suggestions?

How should I paint this list?

Reposting your shitty fan theory doesn't make it true.

There is literally a Force Tree in the next movie.

The Force is feminine, just like the Future. Get over it, sweetie!

There being a Force tree does not make the Force feminine. It also does not make Rey a reincarnation of the Light Side of the Force. The Light Side of the Force does not exist. There is the Force, and the Dark Side of the Force. The only ones who refer to the "Light Side of the Force" are dark siders.

I think you're in for a rude awakening once the next movie comes out.

>He doesn't know

There's literally nothing indicating anything beyond the Force tree stuff is true. None of the leakers, nothing, have said anything remotely close to Rey being some special "reincarnation of the Force," and TFA certainly doesn't set it up either.

Not to mention, how the fuck can the Force be "reincarnated" in the first place? It's not a being, it's a magical energy field. Anakin wasn't an incarnation of that magical energy field, and he was literally a prophesied Chosen One.

Oh my god this is adorable, please tell me you'll be around these Generals when The Last Jedi hits theaters.

>How should I paint this list?
Bold that you think that far ahead

But I'm not convinced on the survivability of vader

>all these dumb niggers arguing about trees and all I'm waiting for is when the joker says "It's simple, we kill the jedi."

Pablo has literally said it's garbage.

As the proud father of my own Padawan, Hillary Dany Stormborn Wendig, it's great to be a part of making the Star Wars I grew up with into something she can, too.

CW

It's a traditional ace with 5 health at PS 11, with a reason/ability to hang out at range 3.

What else would I do with the remaining 62 points? Or is Vader just a bad idea? That 5-dice cruise missile seems good.

>the Joker
>mfw Luke was the villain of the sequel trilogy the whole time

>The Force is feminine

Its going to yell at me when I spend money on 'stupid shit'?

>Trees
>Feminine
It's a giant wooden (((phallus))) growing out of the ground

This is my current plan for a post Guns For Hire Scum Aces build:

Thweek — StarViper 28
Fire-Control System 2
Autothrusters 2
StarViper Mk. II -3
Virago 1
Ship Total: 30

Talonbane Cobra — Kihraxz Fighter 28
Fearlessness 1
Ion Dischargers 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Pulsed Ray Shield 2
Hull Upgrade 3
Vaksai 0
Ship Total: 35

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Ship Total: 34

I know I should stop using Talonbane, or at least not that Janky Talonbane Cloaking Device build I've been trying to force through ever since Dengar came out, but goddamn it I'm going to make that fucking bastard work if it kills me.

Does this look like a penis to you, user?

Drop Hull from Talonbane, give him Tracers and Autothrusters- that makes him 34.

Give Thweek Glitterstimm.

>and TFA certainly doesn't set it up either.
you mean apart from her being amazing at using the force and Snoke having a great interest in her?

Michael Caine in star wars?

Job done.

The only amazing thing about her (though it is annoying that she succeeds all the time) is that she's willing to believe. She's heard all these stories and legends about Luke and the Jedi, but when her ability to use the Force awakens, she finally has a chance to put those stories to the test.

Snoke having a great interest in her is the same reason he took a great interest in Ben while the kid was still in the womb. They both are ways to eliminate the Jedi if he works the right angles, and if not, she's a danger to Snoke's plans.

Oh wait, that's my sensible Talonbane build.

THIS was my Ace List.

Thweek — StarViper 28
Fire-Control System 2
Glitterstim 2
Autothrusters 2
StarViper Mk. II -3
Virago 1
Ship Total: 32

Talonbane Cobra — Kihraxz Fighter 28
Adrenaline Rush 1
Cloaking Device 2
Stygium Particle Accelerator 2
Stealth Device 3
Hull Upgrade 3
Vaksai 0

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!265:-1:55:15:T.16,U.36,U.128;135:42,-1,145:54:8:M.1,M.6;212:18,-1:43:15:&sn=Mock Thweek&obs=

The sad thing is, I'm more excited to see if this shit actually plays out than I am about the movie itself. Disney was already pretty spooked by the limited negative coverage Rogue One received, I'd imagine this shit would start outright witch hunts at the top. And where would they go from there? Sticking with their guns or rebooting it both seem like fatal ideas, so Disney would have to get creative. Maybe they would declare that individual film invalid? I don't know.

To be honest, I look at pic related and I see a !snowspeeder. I don't think they're going to get far away enough from the OT to do anything that drastic.

It's not just that's that's a !snowspeeder, it's that the trailer's already shown us that it'll fight a bunch of !AT-ATs

I like the Empire's big ships. Can I play them in Armada and just ignore little fighter squadrons, or am I fucked without Ties?

>that turbine right behind the pilot

>star wars artists in charge of engineering

But then I wonder what the "I am your father" twist will be? It better not be evil Luke.

Replace Hull upgrade with Pulsed Ray Shield, Replace Stealth Device with a Cruise Missile and Chips.

They'll have some meme reveal of whoever dumped mary mcguffin sue on !tatooine. It could be Snoke, it could be Luke, hell, I could even see it being Leia during one of her "off" times with Han, and even though I know someone went on record saying they're changing the way the force works, I don't think they'll go as far as user said.

It's going to be Rey being the reincarnation of the Light Side Sister that was birthed from the Force Tree, and was killed by her Dark Side Brother.

REY, I AM YOUR BROTHER.

Rey will have to sacrifice herself killing Snoke to restore balance to the Force, in the process becoming the most powerful being in the whole universe!

Then who's the baddie in the next movie? Just Ben?

>I don't think they'll go as far as user claims

Why? What makes you think these people either care about the franchise or actually have a creative bone in their bodies?

They care about not alienating the consumer. While I may not be THE target audience, I don't think they'll shove their middle finger quite that far up my ass.

Ar these as good as Luceno's other books?
Because Vector Prime was good, but the Dark Tide duology is some shit so far.

Also, what happened to that guy here who was reviewing all the legends books as he went through them?

Ben and Snoke? They're going to be fighting the First Order above Starkiller 2.0 in Snoke's throne room.

But he said smoke was going to die in movie 2

I assumed that would happen in Episode VI. The reveal is the climax of Episode V.

Preach, senpai.

but they already did and you continue to shell out money for it, why the fuck should they care what a few million male nerds think especially if they are going to continue paying for SW stuff anyway

The problem there is a lot of normies go on youtube to find out what their opinion should be about movies, and a lot of those reviewers would be noticing the middle finger as well, and then mainstream reddit gets angry and sales fall.

>and a lot of those reviewers would be noticing the middle finger as well
you are high or delusional if you believe that, most reviewers will be praising it for it's feminist story

I expect Sabine levels of feminism, but I think you're too jaded if you expect too much more.

I really want a dark side faction to be present in my campaign (haven't started one yet).

Are there any Inquisitor-like or Dark Jedi or Hands of Palpatine or any similar faction in the sourcebooks? I love the gritty feel I've gotten so far from this game, it's my favorite flavor of sci-fi and Star Wars, but I feel like the game just really isn't complete without a faction of dark siders to represent the philosophical counterpoint of the Jedi.

Even homebrew would be good, or tips on how you guys have handled this. I'm still in the preliminary phases of planning my FaD campaign so all tips are welcome. A good one-shot to open the campaign would be great too.

I was the guy in the last thread wanting to KotOR it up with this rpg, but since reading I feel like it might not be necessary to do that if I can figure out a good way to insert a Sith-ish faction without it feeling shoehorned in.

Thanks for all help.

New to this thread, how do you find people to play with?

I'm going to play with friends IRL actually, but roll20 is probably your best bet.

Disciples of Harmony has alternative force user traditions, including some pretty dark side ones

Is it possible to mix the different elements of EotE, AoR and FaD as far as mechanics and feels go?

The only real differences in mechanics are related to the Obligation (EotE), Duty (AoR), and Morality (FaD) charts. Everything else works exactly the same.

Nexus of Power has a Dark Side faction on Weik, IIRC, but their power level is probably laughably insufficient for fighting real Jedi. Definitely usable if your PCs are members of Weik's watered-down pseudo-Jedi, though. Outside of the source books, you could also look at the Reborn from Jedi Outcast. IIRC, a Reborn grunt still loses badly against a Jedi redshirt in 1v1, so you'd need to give them a numerical advantage to make them a real threat. Basically, make them the equivalent of KOTOR's generic Sith grunts.

Star Wars d6 1st edition

Recomended Species; HUMANS, AQUALISH, BARABEL, BITH, BOTHANS, CAAMASI, CEREANS, CHADRA-FAN, CHISS (infiltrators), DEFEL, DEVARONIANS, DUGS, DUROS, GAND (complicated), GIVIN, GOTAL, GRAN, GAMORREAN (1st edition and seen as dumb muscle) GUNGANS, HERGLIC, HUTT (1st edition version), IKTOTCHI, ITHORIANS, KEL DOR, MON CALAMARI, NAUTOLANS, QUARREN, RODIANS, SULLUSTANS, TRANDOSHANS, TWI’LEKS, UMBARANS, VERPINE, WEEQUAY, WOOKIEES, ZABRAK

Palpatine has a BUNCH of dark side groups, to the point where they're bizarre and have contradictory or overlapping duties and large numbers of them seem to just kind of stand around waiting for there to be shit to do. Shit, one of the biggest promotions you can get in the empire is to be promoted out of those groups and be given actual responsibility. You have the Inquisitors, the Prophets of the Dark Side, the Sith Accolytes and Saber Guard, the Dark Side Elite. Then there's whatever random experiments and cronies get attached to them.

And basically every named one of them who isn't treated as a scrub or apprentice gets their own star destroyer. The top guys get supers.

Find new people
Bring them to game
Play game or it gets the hose again

bump

Why is /swg/ on Veeky Forums and not on Veeky Forums? This confuses me so fucking much. Is this because /swg/ in the last couple years turned into a /tor/ general?

I mean, vg can feel free to have a star wars general I'm sure, but, y'know the OP in this one starts with pastebins for all the stuff to play tabletop games.

Not sure why I'm bothering to say that, you clearly have a problem reading.

Yeah, Veeky Forums isn't the only one who has Star Wars threads. /co/ has /swco/ but they have a totally different OP with a totally different list of shit. Veeky Forums would need the same and there'd be virtually no crossover unless someone had a random lore question.

Not him but the /swgg/ keeps disappearing every few months then resurfacing on Veeky Forums so I can understand his confusion on it.

I know those groups exist in canon, but are they included in sourcebooks and statted up?

There's some crossover in terms of vehicles, character ideas, places etc which tg will quite happily steal for their games, even more so if its actually printed up in a book somewhere.

In terms of actual 'vid games'... most of the decent ones where last made in the early 2000's, the really good ones back in the late 90s and most everything post 2004-5 has been somewhere between 'it's not very good' to 'its fucking rubbish'. I mean there's a chance they'll accidentally make something good someday, but no ones really holding their breath with EA holding the licence.

But yeah, we do tabletop and RPG games here

>accidentally make something good someday
To be fair, a couple of the mobile games are actually pretty okay when judged according to the standards of mobile games. Faint praise, sure, but still, you can tell some love and effort were put into them.

Yeah they're a bit of a niche I've never really looked at, SW Battlefront II doesn't look too bad so far and I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Most of those borrow heavily from EU too.

At the very least, it looks like DICE is trying with BFII, not just "well, we have a star wars license and we're DICE, so..." like the first one.

We haven't had a good real Star Wars game since Empire at War/Forces of Corruption and Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike, and the Battlefront main and spin-off games. Fuck EA's versions.