Chaos Space Marine Warband Creation Thread

My brothers, we gather on this auspicious night to form a new warband in service to the darker powers. We will be using the chaos space marine warband creation tables detailed here: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

Roll a d10 for our warband's structure.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Rollin

We are a renegade chapter. Once we were enslaved by the False Emperor, but no longer. Now we are free to find out own way among the stars.

Roll a d100 to divine why we fell from grace.

Rolled 70 (1d100)

Rolled 70 (1d100)

Hoping for something good.
By good I mean terrifyingly stupid

>The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.

Heresy is a slippery slope. What one discounts as a minor sin soon grows beyond the scope of what is acceptable.

Roll a d100 for our progenitor.

Holy fucking shit.

SLANNESH PATROL

Rolled 88 (1d100)

Hoping for 70 to follow the trend.

Rolled 84 (1d100)

Rolled 65 (1d100)

>White Scars
We are descended from the scions of the Khan of Mundus Planus. Once proud servants of the false Emperor, now part of something greater.

Roll a d10 for how we feel about the ruinous powers.

Groovy

What are the chances of this exactly?

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Rollan

>Loathed.

In this moment, we are euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because we are enlightened by our intelligence.

Roll a d100 for our beliefs. We may reroll if it goes contrary to our hatred of any and all gods.

Rolled 6 (1d100)

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Rolled 55 (1d100)

>the gods above all
I will skip this roll.

>Power demands Sacrifice
Everything comes with a price. We must all give up what is dear to us if we wish to advance in a cold and unforgiving universe.

Roll a d10 for our demeanour.

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Rolled 43 (1d100)

I actually kind of like the idea that they could hate the gods but want to become daemons or gods themselves if we go at this roll

>Exploit and Conquer
We are consummate manipulators, using others for our own goals and casting them aside at a moment's notice.

Roll a d100 for a figure of legend in our warband's history.

Rolled 44 (1d100)

Rolled 5 (1d100)

We revere a specific warband leader from our past. Roll a d100 for what deeds he is (in)famous for.

Rolled 100 (1d100)

Rollan

Our champion led us on campaigns of glory a myriad of times, but in the end was slain by a servant of the hated Ruinous Powers.

Roll a d100 for our homeworld's classification.

Rolled 74 (1d100)

We come from a Death World. Only the hardiest of mortals can survive in such a place, and it makes for good recruitment.

Roll a d100 for its terrain.

Rolled 36 (1d100)

Rolled 99 (1d100)

A death agri-world. Interesting.

Roll a d10 for our combat doctrine.

That's warp twisted user. The next table down.

Ah shit, you're right. That makes a lot more sense, thanks for pointing that out.

As before, roll a d10 for combat doctrine.

Rolled 1 (1d10)

A warp twisted death world?

Wicked

>Rip and Tear
They are rage: brutal, without mercy. But we. We will be worse.

Roll a d100 for any special equipment we might have.

Rolled 45 (1d100)

>ancient weaponry
Whether inherited or pilfered, we make use of relics of a bygone age. May their bite be fierce, for our rivals seek nothing more than our utter destruction.

Roll a d10 for the status of our warband concerning the number of battle-brothers are in our ranks.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

>slightly understrength
We do not boast as many marines as some other warbands, but we are in no danger of extinction.

Roll a d10 for the reason for our current weakness.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

We are in actuality of nominal strength, but spread over a multitude of warzones and it is difficult to gather our strength.

Roll a d100 for our allies.

Rolled 42 (1d100)

>chaos cult
reroll.

Rolled 70 (1d100)

>a group of renegade mortals
We influence a band of mortals who have split from the Imperium to act as support forces.

Roll a d100 for our enemies.

Rolled 13 (1d100)

We are currently engaged with the Eldar.

Writeup incoming.

>Renegade chapter
>Fell because the Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.
>White Scars successors
>Loath the ruinous powers
>Believe that power demands sacrifice
>Demeanour: Exploit and Conquer. The Warband views all others as mere pawns, assisting them when it helps their own goals and tossing them aside once they are no longer needed. These Marines are selfish and untrustworthy.
>Figure of legend is a warband leader who led the warband to countless victories before being slain by a chaos champion
>hail from a warp-twisted deathworld (we'll need to roll for base terrain)
>Combat doctrine is Rip and Tear
>use ancient weaponry
>Slightly understrength due to being spread far apart
>allied with mortal renegades
>enemies with an Eldar craftworld
Alright, last thing we need to do is roll a d10 for our homeworld's terrain, then we can begin the fluffening.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

An airless, warp-tainted deathworld.

Some errant ideas, some are not my own

>Doom Slayer marines
>Red Oni, Blue Oni marines
>Nazgûl marines with Uruk auxilia (I've been playing a lot of Shadow of war)
>Draugr marines kept alive by their hate for chaos
>Guyver marines
>Botswanan Death Metal warband

Does anyone know what that website is that people use to generate color schemes?

thats badass

One in a hundred

This is bait. Do not let it derail the thread.

I was thinking Scythian or Androphagi marines, because of the horse nomad flavor from White Scars, who develop a particular taste for daemons and chaos tainted flesh.

Or just psykers/the warp in general. Given their enmity with Eldar.

>ancient weaponry
Jetbikes?

You think we would eat them though?

First off, I think we need to decide what our name was before we turned traitor and what heretical practices we did.

Cannibalism maybe (i know marines eat brains anyway) specifically other marines.
As for a name maybe Scions of the Storm (Storm lords successors maybe?)

Maybe they stole gene-seed from other chapters they fought alongside when they were doing poorly on numbers?

why not both? steal geneseed then eat the evidence

I like it.

They'd regularly kill, and eat, psykers who they felt were weak or potentially unsuited to withstanding the temptations of the Ruinous Powers. By eating their corpses, the marines believed that they could learn the myriad ways in which Chaos could lead a man to his destruction. That alone was censure-worthy, but when combined with enmity from the Navigator Houses and Adeptus Astra Telepathica over their proclivities during the Siege of Baleton's Calm and their unorthodox modification and usage of Librarians they were ordered one hundred years of penitent crusades, restricted from creating new marines until finished. After discovering that they not only hid geneseed from Imperial authorities but also pillaged geneseed from the corpses of fellow chapters they were declared Excommunicate Traitoris.

>The first time had been an accident. And the few to follow, but by the time legend became tradition, they were too far gone for redemption.

>It all started on Kâorn, a land stripped of life, replaced by the crushing industry of chaos. The Chapter had tracked an insidious Warpsmith sorcerer to the planet, leaving a trail of wailing slaves. The marines descended upon the planet like diving hawks, shredding the traitors asunder leaving nothing but carnage in their wake.

>The sorcerous forge master was chased up a mighty factorum spire, where he did duel with the chapter champions. Ravaged by the warp overtaking him, infusing him with arcane, unfathomable power, the smith slew many champions, but one struck the final blow with his bare hands, knocking the creature's helmet away and tearing away at his throat with his teeth. It was instinctual, primal, desperate. Whether by design or chance, the flesh and blood of the sorceror slid down the champion's throat, his visage encarmine as he cast his adversary's body from the spire top.

>Again and once more the champion was pitted against impossible odds, his armament failing him, either lost or destroyed. And each time he struck down his enemies bare handed, and tore into their flesh as a desperate last resort, a gruesome but assured killing blow.

>Legend became tradition, and the mightiest foes of a battlefield would be offered up to the Emperor before the most dogged warriors of the chapter would feast upon their enemy, both to make their adversaries' strength their own and cleanse the taint from their fallen through ritual and prayer.

What were they called during this time? What were their colors?

Excarnators?

>It did not take long for the seeds of corruption to take root, but it would take many more years for them to bear fruit. A change of the flesh and spirit began to creep over the chapter, those who are the flesh of fallen traitors saw their skin toughen, their muscles expand at horrifically painful paces. Some found themselves lost to shadow, their blackened souls reaching out of their twisting corporeal forms. The changes were vast and varied, the supply of genestock becoming worryingly low.

For some, the change transcended the physical, their spirits and minds twisting, becoming singularly focused on vanishing Chaos.

Posting relevant images

We wendigo marines now? I do like the idea of marines eating too much warp tainted meat and just turning into spindly limbed clawed monstrosities which are then collected up and launched at their enemies in battle.

I think it would go from getting musclefat mode, then as you reach peak musclefat you begin to wither into a lanky beast as your warp flesh addiction out paces you're ability to eat it

What's that website that people use to get random color schemes?

I think it was a sight that just gave you random colors though

I like the rip and tear aspects but as of now I don't think there's a lot to keep them from going full chaos. Eating tainted flesh is pretty corruptive, even for aastartes.

Maybe they're low key Malalite/Malice? Or they are being jerked around by the Four as a neutral pawn in the great game, an executioner for unworthy servants.

Basically, they are chaos, but they don't know it.

sounds reasonable, I vaugely remember hearing that Sons of Malice practice canabalizm too so there is that Malal connection

I'm not a huge fan of Malal stuff, but I like the idea that they're being influenced by the ruinous powers without realizing it.

What would their chapter colors be? Both pre and post becoming traitors.

I'm picturing some generic rip-and-tear red, but that seems more like a Khorne thing.

Bump

Maybe start with some sort of red/blue combo that encorporated more red after their fall?

Maybe something like this?

Bumping for some good ideas.

maybe something like this for their pre traitor scheme?

I like it.