Draconic character

What are some good uses for draconic humanoids in most fantasy settings?

Also post character art

Set it up so that all monsters "evolve" into a higher form.
>Kobold > Draconic Humanoid > Actual Dragon
>Goblin > Orc > Ogre

when the setting doenst include proper lizardmen.
I personally dont like draconic humanoids because it detracts from dragons.

i prefer dragonborn as beeing dragon worshipping lizardmen rather than half dragons.

What do humans evolve into?

Angels/ Demons, generally. But only after dying.

I don't have much dragon art.

Halfling > Human > Elf?

I was considering making them into some nomadic barbarian types, as obligate carnivores who don't really have a reason to jump into a static agricultural lifestyle.

I haven't seen this in fantasy yet and that surprises me, but I'm I'm almost certain someone else has done this before because of how obvious it is.

There's an as-of-yet unvisited desert region in my campaign setting, and I'm planning to have it filled with on the one hand delicious brown elves and on the other hand various reptilian humanoids. The idea being that reptiles are coldblooded creatures that thrive in places with a lot of heat and direct sunlight. This makes them perfect desert creatures. Perhaps they'd dwell even deeper into the desert than the brown elves, meaning that to put it in North African terms the dark elves would fulfill the role of the Arabs and Berbers who live along the coast and in the hills/mountains, while the reptilioids would fulfill the role of the desert touaregs and bedouins.

They'd probably also spend a lot of time lying flat on their bellies, tongue hanging out, recharging in sunlight. Because the mental image of a bunch of lizardmen lazing around like that while following bypassers with their eyes is just incredibly amusing to me.

Diplomats

Skeletons, duh.

For deep desert lizard, I always liked viashino.

I'm using the cabir, mostly as forge or wizard assistants. A more cool headed scaly creature, they are expert at using fire magic for metallurgy or even to animate constructs for the more knowledgeable ones.
Also have lizardmen but they aren't related to dragon.

I'm a big fan of the "proud warrior race" trope played by draconic humanoids. I like the dragonborn a lot aside from their physical design. I've actually wanted a to play a dragonborn knight whose family is dedicated to the protection of another human noble family.

I also think its cool that humans and dragonborn have around the same lifespan and sometimes values, so they could be more sympathetic to each other than the superficially similar dwarves, elves and etc.

personally I like my dragons to be generally a reclusive people but very enlighten

The only setting I've ever run that has draconic humanoids had them start as a dragon-worshiping religion made up of people from a bunch of other races who found a way, through ritual and devotion, to partially transform themselves. While other dragonborn cultures have spawned from this colony of dragon-worshipers, all of them carry some cultural baggage of either martial philosophy or asceticism. The ultimate goal of the original dragonborn is, of course, to continue along the path of the dragon and become the objects of their devotion. After all, the religious always seek a deeper connection with divinity. Emulation is the most extreme form of worship, and therefore the most profound.

>humans arrive in setting as colonial/refugee ships.
>Most of the ships get fucked up en-route.
>One arriving in reach of PCs, all non-humanoids gets swarmed by PC forces as well as two other factions seeking the power of the fallen stars.
>Humans on the one that landed in PC territory are a somewhat mixed bag, but the majority are part of their botany and bio-science crew.
>Between eldritch magic and biology, the various agencies and PC habitual charopping, the humans adapt to the setting in various fashions.
>Diluted over generations it results in several strains; orcs, elves, beastfolk, etc, but in the pure forms in manifests as Draconic (via either dragon allies, subjugated foes in Xorvintaal, or draconic sub-species like Kobolds the likes of which a couple PC's and much of their forces were.).
>Dragons are still highly thought of over the years, and those with the lineage are encouraged to make the most of it in sorcery or draconic styles and aspects.
>Leader of the warrior caste of a game much later in that setting takes to leadership as a Pyroclastic Dragon Disciple.

why does nobody play dragonborn as bangaa anyway

Draconic or reptilian beings should not have developed, human-like breasts at all. There is no scientific or even logical explanation for it.

fpbp

Half of that is Tower Girls art; they're all purpose-made to be waifus.

Fucking FATPOSTERS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The logical explanation is that they were all drawn by humans, so they get tits.
Cuz otherwise that could be a pic of a lizardMAN that made you feel strange.
Also lots of reptiles aren't the females larger/meaner? So accurate depiction of sexual dimorphism in a lizardman race would have twink lizardmen and musclegirl lizardchicks?

It's made to make your pingle hard.

Most humans are indifferent to dragons, upset with the ones that attack cities. Dragonborn, they fucking hate dragons, will pay big money for anybody who hunts down any dragon. They feel "abandoned" by full dragons, and seek revenge/the "cure" to not being full dragon. This causes several would-be benign dragons to be a lot more aggressive.

>draw a smaller lizard man with lighter colors, smoother angles, and wider hips
>dress them up like women. Hell, slap a cute red bow on top of one of their aural cavities
>basic human pattern recognition skills convinces observers that the depicted lizzerd is very definitely female

It's that easy. Lizardboobs are for lonely cheesecake artists pandering to even lonelier waifufags.

Replacement of elves. Long-lived, elegant and sophisticated and magically inclined.

In fact I kinda wanna steal that idea.

>I'm gay.

>being butthurt about tits, not their six limbs

Look man I like sperging out about verisimilitude of hypothetical races as much as the next user, but once you accept six limbs, a sack of fat/mana/whatever is way less egregious.

I use dragonborn as one of the major races of the world, whose empire covers pretty much the entire region of the notMiddle East. They are basically a mix of Sumerian and Persian culture with elements of Islam mixed in. They are led by dragons who act as nobility, while kobolds are used as a lesser race which does the more menial and small person style jobs. They are also the biggest users of gunpowder weaponry, much of which goes to fighting against the "kaiju" that rampage around the western area of their empire. The sight of a dragonborn cannoneer or heavy gunner company is a mixed omen. They are there to protect the community, but it might also mean that there could be one of the behemoths of destruction heading their way.

As to biology, I use them pretty straight as they are presented, their mammal like features merely being convergent attributes that exist in certain drake species. Dragons are neither reptiles nor mammals but a separate group which has some features of both, while having certain unique ones not found in either.

Religion wise, their pantheon consists of three gods, a father, mother, and son, with a whole host of saints and lesser spirits.

Glands to produce the breath attack. They grow outwards from the body so that they won't destroy the dragon's innards if an attack makes them leak.

Platypus logic.

>There is no scientific or even logical explanation for this fictional, fantasy race to have science-contradicting features
You don't deserve any more (You)s, but it really needs to be highlighted how stupid this logic is.

Why the fuck does this have boobs. It's a fucking reptile it dosent need to breast feed it's offspring, then why the fuck does it have these disgusting flesh sacks.

Probably result of evolution - same reason why some lizards give live birth - Helps to increase survival of the offspring in dangerous areas

Because it's hot.

What if it's evolutionary chain comes from humans to humanoid-lizard rather then lizard to humanoid lizard?

It's convergent evolution. By exhibiting the features of female humans, the female draconian can receive attention and care from male humans and thereby increase the odds of achieving reproduction.

might have originally been human

That's not how this works. creatures don't just develop qualities that help it's survival. Not to mention that the first mammalians didn't have breasts.

because why wouldn't you want a pair of tits on your body pillow?

No it isnt you fucking shit stain furry

id like to her to roll my d20.

It does need to breast feed. Your making a lot of assumptions about a fantasy tace

Then why does it need breasts.

No drilling it dosent count

Because its a mammal

No it isnt you fucking retard

Yes, but they keep qualities that help - and why are you so sure that in some ancient times one of them was mutated? Or maybe it's a result of polymorph - which dragons can do - something to get left over in the genetics

because i want to have sex with it.

I care because it's gross

Yes its.

This.

I can't jerk it to anatomically incorrect lizard-people.

No, are you fucking blind

You know what I love? Guys who reply to half a fucking thread to whine about their bullshit

Let's talk about real topics then

Draconic butts

Prove to me that these dragonoids lay eggs and do not get pregnant like a mammal.

Go on. Ill wait.

Now this is some thing i can get behind

/thread

everyone can go home now, dragon butts are fine

Any thoughts on Dragonoids in a modern setting?

Yes, but this is the problem of the argument - this is draconic thing - not lizardfolk

I agree - no boobs on lizardfolk
But dragons are weird in there biology, they are clearly hot blooded and can use magic to polymorth - which means they can reproduce in same way mammalians can - so why are we to say that one of the there offspring won't feel ill effects of that.

Go to a kobold thread then you fucking scalie. Half the time dragon-related races are a result of pure magic, not evolution.

Could be nice, there could be some weird scientific way they came to be (As well as reason for dragon boobs)

Results of a very expensive and elaborate body modification job that bred true some how.?

Well that's that setting. What about the ten billion other settings?

It's still gay tho

Give me one that has a mammalian dragonborn and ill give you a blowjob

Then just stick to your own setting where everybody with scales is prohibited from having tits. Like, I hate gnomes with a passion, so I fix that by not going to gnome threads.

Or whole race could be result of gene engineering - some dragon DNA getting mixed with human - and then modified to look pretty, because why not

>i-it doesn't count b-because there are other settings t-that DO have dragon tits!!!

I'm not welcome into your magical realm, am I?

You can stay if you're cute

Need help carrying those goalposts?

They look heavy.

Trust me he isnt

Different guy here - but in mine dragonborn are result of a giant gnoll warlord, raping a dragon after kicking his ass, and giving birth to some few months later - While females don't have breasts all the time, they have them when expecting (Or if some weird cleric casts spell to make them lactate...Why did I offer that spell....)

I like dragon bondage

Ehh. Its mainly the depends on the setting deal. Which sucks cause then nobody is happy

nty stranger danger

What
How
Why

I couldn't give a single shit, post more sexy Dragon people.

Bonus points if you can manage some boys too.

You are the reason why we cant have nice things

Wanted to make so different dragonborns...

Also needed to show why you don't mess with gnolls at low level

Also divine magic by gnoll gods....

That was a bit of weird concept...About as weird as lizardfolk dragonborn, that are children of lizarfolk cheftness dragon pet....

What the fuck is wrong with you

>Draconic humanoids
Is this is dragonborn?
If yes then I prefer it to be human who decided to become a dragon and on his path to gain wisdom and power to become True dragon.

any kind of dragon like humanoid. Doesn't have to be dragonborn.

>Human decides to become dragon, becomes dragonborn
>dragonborn is on the path to gain wisdom and power to become a true dragon
>in the meanwhile some fucks on Veeky Forums want to fuck it and hope it has tits

Me too, I dont like how it's a relatively widespread race. It should be much rarer