Connected to Underground Grid...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>My_Day_In_Trollkönigreich.trid
>Hurlg.sim
>Antenna_Grill.fab
>How_To_Fix_Bad_Credit.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 678 (22% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Wanna go pound some dwarves?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Thighs_Like_Tree_Trunks.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever deal with a dragon

Orc/troll book is out, and it's got qualities, lifestyle stuff, and a heavy overuse of the word 'trog'. Tell us your thoughts, share your Black Forest Natives, and recognize that the Matrix now belongs to tuskers and their antenna grills.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6pblo3/a_new_book_has_been_released_lets_not_buy_it/
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6p8br7/new_the_complete_trog_on_drivethrurpg/
youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko
youtu.be/dtwpjnuaVTE
youtu.be/dZOaI_Fn5o4
youtu.be/eogpIG53Cis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Exosuit project

Sorry for the weeklong wait, had some shit to deal with.

As always if you want to pitch in with ideas for Exosuits, names for variants or even have your favorite character comment on these things like the shitposter he is, let me know. I'm collecting everything.

1st for two western great dragons fighting

>OP's pic
Why do artists insist on putting fucking illegible signatures on things instead of clearly printing a name? It's like they don't want people to learn who they are.

First, source that shit, man.

Second, if Complete Trig had a real life equivalent, the book would be named "The Total Nigger".

If you're not cool enough to read their tag, they don't even want you finding the rest of their work.

Or maybe it's some kind of fucking magic. Encoding their name into the form of an illegible rune to draw power from those who look at it.

So this burning wreckage that is The Complete Trog seems to have some gems in the upcoming release part of the book: Street Lethal (what appears to be a weapons sourcebook considering the "warhammer that shoots bullets described") and whate appears to be a book about Hooding.

Reposting from last thread, going a little lighter on the autism this time.
The Shadowrun subreddit, previously known to sticky a compliments thread for freelancers when shit books dropped in the past, is now advocating for boycotting CGL. Even some of their moderators are.
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6pblo3/a_new_book_has_been_released_lets_not_buy_it/
some of the comments in this one say similar things
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6p8br7/new_the_complete_trog_on_drivethrurpg/
Honestly if even the comfort zone of this subreddit rejects your shit CGL, you need to wake up.

I think the discussion on the milspec suits was rather good, especially with the climbing cat claws for a more infiltration-focused suits. People were still debating how they should be done to not just make a mage OP. I personally didn't like the "electric interference = background count idea" but let's see what people come up with

So chummers, how do you convince your players to operate operatingly? A big part of the fun of Shadowrun is doing the legwork and planning out a heist to go off without a hitch (and then reacting to the hitches when they go off). Is there a way to get players to do that if they don't inherently grasp it, aside from someone saying "hey maybe it'd be easier to plan if you did some reconnaissance instead of rushing in like an asshole?"

Figured it out. It's dsanchez

>I personally didn't like the "electric interference = background count idea"

Yeah, I disagree with that too. I want to keep it within the current rules and not create additional ones except for "exceptions to the rule" kind of one-offs.

As far as the infiltration suit goes, what do you think:

>Misuse of a legal mountainclimber suit
>Forbidden Renraku Cyberninja suit

>So chummers, how do you convince your players to operate operatingly?
I don't. My shadowruns are 'trolls with bubblegum-pink hair use a minigun from the back of an icecream truck,' and not '100% stealth completion bonus.'

Pink Mohawk exists, Operator user.

I'm not going to write off the book quite yet; some of those reddit comments are retarded. Like the guy bitching about how you need to buy Black Forest Native to be from the Troll Kingdom, when it's clearly the most situational quality in the game (gives you two different kinds of Home Ground, and a +2 bonus to either Druid stuff or innawoods stuff) designed for someone who is hugging more trees than an elf.

At least there's actual fluff for a lot of neglected corners of the world now, even if it's a brief shot.

Street Lethal is rumoured to be a general advanced combat book, for people for whom R&G wasn't enough.

I dunno, that one that lets you live as long as a human seems preeeetty situational. And expensive, for what amounts to literally nothing if the game isn't jumping ahead years and years of in-game time.

>lifestyle stuff

We're promoting cancersticks again? Really?

One of the other players in my Shadowrun group sent me a link to this movie trailer and told me it's basically modern-era Shadowrun:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko

tell that player to go fuck himself

As one of the moderators, its been a shared sentiment for ages.

Was your player always stupid, or is this a new development?

Cmon man do you really want me to describe pixie technomancer fisting again

I "forced" my players to do so by having Johnson provide the players with set events to ease up their run at specific times.

Neyt run it's going to be a distraction created by some Gangers attacking a clinic for example.

They have 24 hours before this goes down, in that time they can talk to their contact with the gangers (provided by Johnson), scout out the location and such.

Past examples included

>Johnson wanted a person abducted AFTER their surgery
>Johnson wanted two gang lieutenants dead and knew that they would meet in two days for a trade, but not where
>Runners were specifically hired to create a distraction for another team to pull the cops in two directions

Since when does Pink Mohawk exclude any kind of legwork/preparation?

EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU LIKE IT!
Fuck off, Ready Player One is shaping up to be closer to Shadowrun than this.

As a pink Mohawk player and GM, planning and set up is not only essential but also fun. Think of it like the heist set ups in GTA 5.

You don't need to memorize the schedules of every employee, plan every single shot, or roleplay filling your getaway car with gas. But you should at least have a rudimentary understanding of what the building might be like inside (either through a light casing, prior knowledge, or stealing a blueprint) a basic plan of attack for the run, and acquiring a few key large things for the run like disguises.

>Since when

It doesn't, but you wanted to know how to get players to operate operatingly. Nice movement of the goalpost though.

If you don't make the headlines crashing a mech through the roof of the facility you are stealing from, you are doing it wrooooong.

It's the kind of thing that gets written as 10 karma because they realise that it's the kind of thing that's a big deal in the game world, without realising that it has no value in the game itself. I'd prefer something that represents being a goblinized human, including the longer lifespan and maybe some other kind of bonus to reflect their knowledge of what it was like being a breeder.

>Ready Player One
sounds pretty cool

I wonder if there's prejudice by orks that were born as orks versus those that goblinised, or vice versa? It'd be kinda neat
Fucking with the action economy's the only balancing mechanic I can think of that isn't arbitrary and worthless. Stage all actions up by one so Free becomes Simple, Simple becomes Complex. Pre-recorded macros allow for specific actions to be staged back down
Toxic Alley seems like it might be a Threats-esque book about toxic mages and such, that could be neat.
>Ready Player One
I still don't get why people like that book. Is it literally just 80s wish fulfilment?

I'm making a qt ork girl from the troll republic who's somewhat oblivious to human fragility and is overly physically affectionate.

Just have their fixer give them tasks to prep for the run until they realize they could be doing or thinking of those things themselves.

>NeoNET confirmed for fucked
>SpIn will replace it
Because we REALLY needed a second Horizon. This is fucking stupid.

>*It'd be kinda neat to have some 14 year old ork in a high school class railing against an goblinised ork teacher because the teacher's in his forties and the kid's going to be dead of old age before he retires, calling him a half-ork and such.

If your players aren't interested in that side then don't push it on them. Nobody enjoys being pressed into playing a style they don't like.

If they're using ultraviolence successfully without you having to dumb down and fudge things then this is a legit way of accomplishing the task they've been set. If on the other hand you're having to artificially delay the HTRTs, make the security teams act stupid, hand out lots of free Edge, etc then you have three choices:

1. Stop doing that shit and let them reap the natural consequences of the actions they've chosen.

2. Give them runs and environments where they can go nuts without you having to dumb down. Eg places in the third world and developing world where there isn't omnipresent surveillance and antagonists are likely to be weaker than the first world. Acting as an off the books death squad against gangs is another option.

3. Suck it up and run it in Pink Mohawk style. In fact, don't suck it up - embrace it. I like mirrorshades best too, but I can appreciate the Pohawk aesthetic. This is where your gang of cram-addict Minotaur bikers all wearing neon orange biker leathers and riding gold-plated Harleys can make their entrance. Take the game to crazy places. If it's Pink Mohawk then I'd say you SHOULD do this, otherwise you end up with Pink Trenchcoat which is really the worst of both worlds.

Bonebreaking hugs.

Go read up on what Spinrad Industries is actually like. Then realise that their merger with the Caliphate is going to change all that. And at least Spinrad has personality, unlike the literal nobodies of Horizon (who are supposed to be movie stars and shit, but have no personal presence or distinguishing characteristics at all).

Read my post again, I'm not the guy you originally replied to. Just misunderstood you, that's all.

It's whatsays, 80's wish fulfillment. Riding Akiras Bike in a Death Race while earning Bitcoins for playing videogames that will actually make you rich in the real world. The book was written well enough for a ya novel to be entertaining.

Ah, sorry, thought you were him.

But yeah, if players don't wanna do legwork, their fixer shouldn't be giving them heist jobs beyond smash and grab.

NeoNET is a really redundant corporation in the grand scheme though, and was heavily linked to Boston, and while its shitty that Boston is gone because its one of the best cities in the setting, it really was the sole thing holding NeoNET up. It just doesn't distinguish itself from the other matrix corps, Renraku has the cool "Corp in exile" thing going for it right now, while MTC has the Yakuza baggage.

Having two media/pr companies that aren't super low key like Shaiwase would actually be an interesting dynamic. Horizon being the pseudo-google "Subtle" media company that is trying to gaslight everyone through psychographics going up against a much more in your face media corp would be neat.

Yeah she's gonna be that kind of klutz. But seriously why didn't they go with the Telestrian/DocWagon one for next big 10er

This is wrong. I swear to god people never cease to amaze me with their inability to speak.

If you don't like how a game is being run/played, talk to the players/GM. Don't start changing random shit with no warning, talk like real fucking adults and settle the issue.

Horizion is actually super fleshed out, and was the star of a really interesting run series called Dark Horizons, which finally revealed how, no, they were NOT the "Good" corp.

They have personality, and they frankly are up there with Azt in terms of spook factor for me now.

>Ready Player One is shaping up to be closer to Shadowrun than this.

I agree. Everyone should check this trailer out instead to cleanse the palate after subjecting themselves to the Bright trailer:

youtu.be/dtwpjnuaVTE

Pink Trenchcoat is the best and you know it.

>That’s why trogs are taking [the word trog] back. Will it make people angry? Great. They’re not interested in keeping people happy, only in increasing justice. Is it insulting? Fine. Orks and trolls will apply the name to themselves and dare you to come up with something worse. Think it’s your word? Not anymore.

The intro reads like a BLM Facebook post after someone did a find and replace. Fuck, is that what punk is like these days? Our protests weren't this insufferable, were they?

So they can scream at you for reposting their art without giving proper credit and paying royalties.

So she is mentally handicapped?

youtu.be/dZOaI_Fn5o4

I want androids, clones, and other manufactured people to play a more prominent role in Shadowrun.

Not mentally handicapped just socially inept in breeder society

I wish Wimps weren't just retarded babymen because mass produced clone army would be great

>their fixer shouldn't be giving them heist jobs beyond smash and grab.

I agree. In my game I have a "group reputation" set up for myselfthat the players don't need to keep track of (they have enough shit on their hand what with a Shaman and a Rigger in the group). It goes into more detail on what kind of jobs they did well in the past and how.

>Killed a lot of dudes on their way through a run?
1 point towards "Ruthless"
>Disabled all cameras, stayed off the radar
1 point towards "Cunning"

I also have "smooth" for social solutions, "fearless" for going against the odds and "efficient" for beating the timer. Made it a lot easier to chose what missions I want to give them next.

The mountain climber you maybe use something like spools for rope+pitons. Even if you have geckotape arms, if you fall you will break a leg. For milspec I liked the idea of a Shieldbearer with water cannon the most.
The renraku cyberninja suit... as logn as it makes you moderately sneaky (best just raise limits and give some minor utility stuff like climbing claws) it shouldn't be too OP. Of course you can always introduce similar rules to the cyberware suites to dissuade players from using them.

This movie is so lacking in grit compared to the original. I don't know if it's the camera or something, but it just doesn't have the grimy feel that Blade Runner had in basically every scene.

Telestrian hasn't been relevant for a while and I don't think would bring a lot unique to the corp table. Doc Wagon being a big 10 would be really disruptive to their place in the lore as a "neutral" corp, not to mention the fact that NeoNET is being replaced due to being redundant with 2 other corps, so putting in a 4th major Biotech corp, with Shaiwase, Evo, and Aztechnology, already being big, flavorful corps that would be hard to carve out a niche against, wouldn't make any sense.

It would also be stupid bullshit that ends Shadowrun as we know it. If you want Eclipse Phase, play Eclipse Phase.

LoneStar would have been cool

I have a question. Is it ever worth it to invest in some of the bulkier armors as a Street Samurai? And if you've done so, does anyone have any interesting stories about it?

Nobody said anything about changing "random shit", or not talking to players. If you can't make an argument without full retard strawmanning then fuck off.

What's more, no GM should be saying "I don't like how you're playing the game". That's not being an adult, that's being a whiny bitch.

If it's just a dumbed-down easy mode Black Trenchcoat then no, it's the worse. If it's a more glitzy, high octane Black Trenchcoat then I can get on board with that.

>This movie is so lacking in grit compared to the original. I don't know if it's the camera or something, but it just doesn't have the grimy feel that Blade Runner had in basically every scene.
youtu.be/eogpIG53Cis

It's lacking practical effects and flimsy but physical setpieces. That, and smoke drifting through almost every scene. Seriously, look at how much fucking smoke there is.

>Telestrian wouldn't bring a lot to the table
I mean in a currently Jap dominated Big Ten it'd be interesting to see what is essentially a metahuman supremacist corp shaking things up

Agreed. Cloning is at just the sweet spot where accidental sapient clone PCs happen but also it isn't some massive setting altering technology that totally replaces how we think about the human condition.

They lost the big 10 spot and the Seattle contract for a good reason. They were just not that interesting compared to Ares, who both could cover the "police" corp which really you only need one of while also getting a lot of other ground covered with millitary industry and even PR.

Lonestar doesn't have the diversity that a AAA needs. Like DocWagon, they're focused on what they do and they do it well, but there would need to be a huge merger of several AAs with them included to be reasonable as a AAA. They mentioned that possibility in Market Panic, along with Monobe and/or Spinrad getting strong enough to take the big seat.

>That, and smoke drifting through almost every scene. Seriously, look at how much fucking smoke there is.
That's it. Everything feels cramped and crowded, and the air itself seems filthy.

Unless the new Trogg book says anything differently, 1 in 5 people in Trolls republic is a human. So unless she had a bit of a sheltered autist upbringing where her only real contact with people were her family, she should be aware of what humans are.

>Ghostwalker condemned by CAS, UCAS, PCC, and Sioux Nation. He issues a statement of “extreme lack of caring.”

See

>In my game I have a "group reputation"
This is actually a pretty great idea. I'll probably do my own version of this.

Not unaware just unused to, growing up in Tonka Tuff country where you could hit your neighbor with a truck and he'd be able to walk it off makes you a bit less gentle than normal society would like.

Oh. I see the issue then. You spelled Krime wrong.

It is, like most things in SR, contextual to your GM's feel on the setting and what you are actually taking and why.

Milspec for example just makes you a big dumb marshmallow who eats magic attacks all day because soak isn't really a relevant defense past a certain point. But stuff like Securitech PPC and balistic masks both fit in a bag and can allow you to gain quite a bit of armor at the cost of subtility once being subtle doesn't matter. Being able to on the fly trade appearing 'clean' for being bullet resistant is great.

Chemseal on FBA is supremely powerful and worth it. Contact toxins are super lethal and this is the only realistic way to get good armor with chemseal.

And, most importantly, remember your weapon and armor's legality doesn't matter if your playing a physical stealth character rather than a social stealth one.

DocWagon DOES have enough going for it where I would believe that they could go AAA, especially if they went and became the ONLY EMT service in town sorta like how LS or Ares were for policing, but I don't think it would be interesting.

Look at Blades in the Dark and Cryptomancer for some solid group mechanics

Can you define Pink Trenchcoat?

Fuck no.

I'm all for more Androids as stall vendors, accountants and lobby greeters and I already use them. Obviously not with AIs, just Autosofts of varying degrees - and the Anthrodrones that have been creeping into canon are telling me that this is where Shadowrun is going.

As far as clones go - I like them as Wimps. What I could see however would be Wimps being researched on as Biodrones. This is far grittier and more disgusting, and as such I enjoy it in my Cyberpunk.

Make Proteus a Big10. That way we would have one Marine/Space Corp and one Military/Space corp, allowing for EVO to go full CCCP instead of being the "Good guy corp" and I for one would welcome some more Seaquest 2032 missions.

>Krime-Proteus merger
New big 10 corp: OCEAN TROG INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS
OTIS

>What's more, no GM should be saying "I don't like how you're playing the game".
You're right
He should be saying "I hope you find a GM more suited for your playstyle" and leave
There are enough players that he shouldn't have to worry about finding players wishing to play Black Trenchcoat (or play at all, really)

Fund it

I'm just saying, it sounds like you're making an enjoyable character but it sounds like you might get a few sideway glances at the table if you play it the way it sounds like.

But that aside, consider the uncouth negative quality.

I personally enjoy playing andriods and clones, but haven't done so in Shadowrun because it is extremely special snowflake. That said, someone with the prototype transhuman and biocompatibility qualities could easily be an experimental clone and as a DM I wouldn't rule out the possibility of revealing that the a PC was a clone/replicant with fake memories all along.

Isn't KRIME shifting more towards EVO atm? I remember that being mentioned in the new KRIME Wing from R5

Our face is a sex dollified bunraku slut

DocWagon isn't the only EMT service, though. CrashCart is the most famous competitor; they compete for city contracts, as LS and KE do, but nobody is the only game in town when there's extraterritoriality involved. Also, they absolutely do not have enough happening to be AAA. They do medical services, services in the medical field, and Services, Medical. They don't have space assets, mercenary units (beyond the crisis response guys who protect the ambulances), industrial resource acquisition and manufacturing... basically any kind of diversity.

The Krime Wing was an alibi for why a bunch of Evo researchers wasted 100,000 nuyen at a bar in the barrens

I live in Chicago. Fuck.

Hey, a pretty face helps negotiations. An ork that crushes your hand in the handshake because she doesn't know how fragile the squishy puny humies are does not.
Although I guess that's why she's the face.

> "difficultly"

Yeah, but it worked out and there's this.

Replace Troll Kingdom with Troll Republic since CGL doesn't know their own timeline and you've got all the signs.

Makes more sense too. Both are Metahuman-focused corps, both are deeply engrained in eastern europe and also
CCCP dude, CCCP

None of the definitions actually mean anything and its basically a meme at this point.

Proteus like... actually does nothing special at this point as a big 10. The sea is already a super important part of SR lore, its just everyone acts like it isn't, and space is deliberately very diverse corp wise, while Ares is the MOST spacey its really not that far ahead of S-K or EVO.

The main things we already have are two "traditional" megacorps that focus on traditional business concerns like finance and shipping, Wuxing and Shaiwase, two heavy industry corps with Ares and S-K, 2 major electronics corps with MTC and Renraku, and 2 consumer focusd corps, EVO and Aztechnology, with some overlap gapping these categories. But we only have one media/PR corp right now, unless you count Ares and Shaiwase who kiiiiinda fit the bill but are far more about other things.

And all of these corp pairings play really well off each other and are very different from their 'partner' despite mainly being in the same line of work. For example despite both being essentially totally normal buisnesses as their primary focus, Wuxing is very 6th world about how they work, literally using leylines to help ship goods, while Shaiwase is very traditional Zaibatsu mixed with the most elite 5th age spy training ever to make them borderline the illuminati. Evo is very cuddly to runners but is actually weird when you think about it, where as Azt is very monstrous to runners but seems cuddly to everyone else.

So right now Horizon really needs a dance partner to contrast with itself as a media company. Horizon is basically made up of sociopaths pretending to be a friendly web 2.0 social media company that are attempting to literally hack the human mind through social engineering and who don't have any respect for any modern concept of morality to a level that may make other corps double take, so it is interesting how they will be contrasted.

Bamce?

Even so, the moderators don't really show it, probably because they're mods. At any rate, I wonder how long it will take for CGL to do anything about the quality of their products. These past few months have been pretty bad, with their forums getting hacked TWICE (or maybe it was the forums and the official shadowrun website? don't quite remember).

I just railroad and tell them to do it because my players are the most vanilla fucks, but they have fun, and they're starting to catch on.

>I'm all for more Androids as stall vendors, accountants and lobby greeters and I already use them. Obviously not with AIs, just Autosofts of varying degrees - and the Anthrodrones that have been creeping into canon are telling me that this is where Shadowrun is going.
>As far as clones go - I like them as Wimps. What I could see however would be Wimps being researched on as Biodrones. This is far grittier and more disgusting, and as such I enjoy it in my Cyberpunk.
Oh yeah. That's my sweet spot.

I want a metaplot arc where Pilot programs for drones are getting Too Damn Smart, and the drones themselves are getting increasingly realistic - to the point of even using clone bodies rigged as biodrones.

As drones increasingly pass over to the other side of the uncanny valley, and their responses get closer and closer to fully human, it starts raising all kinds of messy, murky, unclear ethical questions.

Plaster on top of that social problems ranging from the slavery of potentially-sapient beings, to wageslaves increasingly losing their jobs due to automation, and you could have something really interesting going there.

The key, essential point, though, is that it needs to be in that murky grey area. Where there's no real clear distinction on where the threshold between machine and person is. If there even is a threshold.

To be clear I meant that with a bit of world development Doc Wagon could easily become the final word in medical care, drug research, and public services. I am not saying they have enough now, but a path for them to become a big 10 by making stuff like Crash Cart non-profitable by securing exclusivity contracts for example and ramping up their biotech research to become a weird hybrid of Ares, Shaiwase, and Aztechnology isn't outside the realm of possibility.

I don't think it would be supremely interested to have a big 10 corp that mostly runs ambulances the runners are supposed to feel are neutral, power lines, and firefighting companies, but I could see that being a way to do it.

We had a discussion in a Discord server with some people from these threads about how DocWagon shouldn't be a thing Runners use.

How much sense does it actually make to pay one corp to come resuscitate you while you're running against another corp. And what if the corp you're doing a run on is a DocWagon subsidiary and you trigger a DocWagon to your location?

Doesn't it make more sense for runners to use a black market alternative?

Nope, sorry.

The mods really don't talk between each other that much. There isn't a need because its a laid back sub.

Its also not an official boycott. Bamce didn't talk to anyone and that is his prerogative because its just his feelings on the matter.

This trailer is making me super excited for the movie

>a book about hooding

As the team moralfag karate adept, this intrigues me

I personally treat DocWagon basically as "life insurance in general" and a bit of a relic of 90s cyberpunk. Though desu, I rarely see runners pick a contract up.

You need to deeply internalize how the setting is set up to favor punks. Corps don't like sharing data, and even if they did the runners aren't 'worth' going after in the corp's mind, which is likely an act of self delusion.

That said I have not seen any PC in an age and a half take DocWagon because most runs are on corp soil and thus its basically worthless. The time it takes to come in is intense too. The lancers are aware of this which is why the fact that DocWagon basically gives you access to the Swiss Banking equivalent of medical services is being played up.

Yes and no. DocWagon can be assumed to be above the law as an extraterritorial entity, and by fiat they've made a reputation for reliability. If you'd rather pay for a less established service that could basically amount to inflating your team count as far as the blues are concerned, that's a strategic decision on your part.

Really? I honestly always get one because otherwise I've got like 100000 nuyen left over

>Obviously not with AIs, just Autosofts of varying degrees
Decent Pilot programs are virtually AIs already.

>Androids as stall vendors, accountants and lobby greeters

There was a neat thing in Friends at the Table in their Counter/WEIGHT game about that, with avatars for a convenience store. People would basically upload simple personalities based on them that could appear as the customer service reps for that store, which were voted up or down by the public at large. Shoppers could pick a favourite person (or a cast of them) who would always be there when they went shopping. So you could walk into a store on one side of the world and see Steve, chat for a minute while the store 3d-prints you a new comb, then get on a plane to the other side of the world, walk into a completely different storefront, and have Steve ask you if the comb worked out OK.

An idea I really like and happily stole. Plus it gels well with canon stuff like Neo, the NeoNET agent who is always there on their grid to help you if you need it, and 'help' you if it looks like you're up to something shady.