Warmasters Triumvirate

Bearded Galaxy Edition:

Warmasters Triumvirate is an attempt at creating yet another 40k AU. The Primarchs have changed, and instead of appointing a single Warmaster upon returning to Terra, the Emperor is critically wounded on Ullanor. In order to make sure the Great Crusade continues, the Warmasters' Triumvirate is put in place. Tensions start running high and this eventually culminates in a civil war between Loyalists, Chaos Traitors and Separatists...

Docs: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hqd6RLLgvLdYCIoLCHhQkidgXIsKUzrugyWu6pthEM

Chapter Constructor: bitbucket.org/chaptergenerator/chaptergenerator/downloads/

Previous thread: boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/54376470#top

To Do List:
>Final fates of the primarchs
> Working out things post-heresy
> Give everyone beards
> Fleshing out legions in regards to a greater storyline

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/17-kTDZecaXjHdWpWdeCtu2npjveL-5ghEmRrTky0S2Y/edit
americandad.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Quad!
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for mustache-twirling villainy.

Forgot pic.

I'd also like to try and finish off this if we can, or atleast sort out exactly how the Chaos movement goes.
Sorry I haven't been as active I'm still doing my 75 hour work weeks and it is bloody killing me.
docs.google.com/document/d/17-kTDZecaXjHdWpWdeCtu2npjveL-5ghEmRrTky0S2Y/edit

I'd love to help but I don't know anything about the timeline of the actual heresy or where to begin adding dates.

Bumpan

I have pretty much decided how Linares disappears.

For the Chaos Movement:

We already know how and when does Marduk talk with the chaos Primarchs, so let's ignore that.

During the Peacetalks, the chaos Primarchs in general try to keep neutrality, along Marduk, but also working with one or another side.

During the talks, Malcador reveals the existence of Chaos as a bigger threat than anything before encountered, including the other side of the Imperium, and it can easily destroy the whole galaxy. Some Primarchs get scared as Fuck, while others keep calm, as they already know that. Marduk gets nervous, because their true allegiance could be revealed, and both sides could go for them.

But nothing happens, and the peace is not achieved. The seps get some ass kicked by both Loyals and Turncoats, keeping them at bay for the moment. While Terra is being fortified, Marduk shows up to see what's going on, and then leaves. This creeps the fuck out of [Whoever is fortifying Terra], who calls for reinforcements. Days after, the Solar System is attacked by [Insert chaos Legion here] and said Primarch engages it. Meanwhile, Loyalist and traitor reinforcements incoming, Loyalist arrive first, but chaos shortly after. Some of them turncoat. The Imperial Palace is besieged, etc

If you want an Istvaan-like event, let's say that no one of the loyalists in the traitor Legions found out what was happening until too late. Or found out but couldn't send a message, or sent it but never reached it's intended destination

>Old friendship

When the Silver Blades and the Titan Marchers went to Miletus to put the Chosen of Hecate back on track, the conflict escalated, and soon, the three Primarchs, and their Legions, were fighting. But some of Lambach's warriors weren't sure of what they were doing, and deserted to the Blades and the Marchers before the fighting started. They were welcome, and received in the loyalist ranks with joy.

The Chosen who deserted to the Blades did so unarmed, with only their armor and some wargear. They were granted a place in the Legion, and two companies were formed using exclusively deserted Chosen of Hecate. They retained their original color scheme, although with some parts painted in Silver, like the shoulder trims and kneecaps, and their Legion's traditions and customs. They have fought bravely since the Brotherwar, and the Blades often receive recruits wanting to join the Chosen of Hecate companies.

That's seems a bit... too happy. Keep in mind that even though Nathaniel Garro made his way to Terra in order to warn them of Horus' treason, he was barely trusted. He had to go to great lengths in order to speak to Malcador, and even then when he became a Knight-Errant there were still suspicious eyes being cast upon him.

Groups of Chosen laying down their weapons and surrendering themselves to the Silver Blades and Titan Marchers makes sense, so problem there.

The problem lies with how quickly the Chosen are accepted into the other two legions. The character of a Space Marine is largely influenced by the gene-seed they carry. Individual Astartes are often judged by the actions of their legions or chapters. Even if they were to surrender, they'd still be treated with suspicion an apprehension.

A comparable situation would be the Silver Skulls/Iron Warriors that fought on Sotha during the Heresy. They remained Iron Warriors, but they refused to join their legion into the Heresy. They fought alongside the Imperial Fists and Ultramarines. Many were still weary of them, though they maanged to prove themselves after countless battles. Even then, they were only formally recognized at Ultramarines so that they could cover up their founding as a new chapter.

In conclusion, I think it's highly unrealistic to immediately give them two companies, and to allow them to be rapidly integrated into the Silver Blade (and Titan Marcher) legion(s). Them not being executed on the spot and given a chance to redeem themselves is fine, but they would be kept at arm's length until they've gone through the (almost literal) meat grinder.

I'd be more than willing to hash this out further; atleast until the waning of the Ruinstorm.

>We already know how and when does Marduk talk with the chaos Primarchs, so let's ignore that.
Do we know that? Maybe that should be included in the timeline?

>During the Peacetalks, the chaos Primarchs in general try to keep neutrality, along Marduk, but also working with one or another side.
I assumed their 'neutrality' would be presented as loyalty to the Imperium of Mankind and the Emperor, but a refusal to fight fellow Astartes. Keep in mind that the peacetalks never happen though; Malcador gets killed by Elsu on the way there.

>During the talks, Malcador reveals the existence of Chaos as a bigger threat than anything before encountered, including the other side of the Imperium, and it can easily destroy the whole galaxy. Some Primarchs get scared as Fuck, while others keep calm, as they already know that. Marduk gets nervous, because their true allegiance could be revealed, and both sides could go for them.
Again; Malcador never arrives. It would make sense for him to plan to reveal it at the talks, but that never happens.

>But nothing happens, and the peace is not achieved. The seps get some ass kicked by both Loyals and Turncoats, keeping them at bay for the moment. While Terra is being fortified, Marduk shows up to see what's going on, and then leaves. This creeps the fuck out of [Whoever is fortifying Terra], who calls for reinforcements. Days after, the Solar System is attacked by [Insert chaos Legion here] and said Primarch engages it. Meanwhile,
Raj returns to Terra and fortifies it as soon as the Emperor goes down on Ullanor. Raj is a great architect and perfectly fit for the job. He's leave Linares (or Taarush, maybe Einchurt) behind to hold Terra during the negotiations.
The Traitors cannot just go straight for Terra; the Brotherwar is supposed to go on for YEARS, longer than the OU even.

Yeah, no problem at all with the Silver Blades taking in old mates. But even if they are greeted warmly by the Blades and Marchers (which is still a big if), the Blades would most likely have to cover up the fact that they were harboring any Chosen. It seems simple enough to say yes these guys are still good but they have to face the stigma of the rest of the Galaxy that don't know the story.
Again happy for you to adopt some Chosen though.

Totally, Traitorous Loyalists and Loyal Traitors allow for incredibly interesting stories, same reason I'm going to do the Marchers chapter that goes along with the Chosen. My point is that integrating the loyalist traitors is way less easy than Linares described.

What you say makes sense, although I never said nothing about how long it took. It'll take some time, yes. Maybe a lot of battles against their old Legion.

>Brotherwar duration
Maybe the traitors launch the attack to quickly gain some advantage. With Empy full dead, and Terra itself taken by the Traitor forces, the Loyalists will have a bad time keeping morale high. They could easily lose the war because of that. And well, if they kill Raj, make Linares disappear and so on, they could have the upper hand there.

Well, that was just a quick idea, so let's start to write down important things.

Malc never arrives, so, who reveals chaos?

Chaos itself. Maybe the Cabal?

The first thing I want to get a concrete answer on is the location of the peacetalks between the Loyalists and Separatists, the ones that breaks down because of Malcador's assassination. That's where the Brotherwar starts properly, a massive conflict between loyalists and separatists. Chaos reveals itself a later.

Maybe as a nod to the OU we do it on Istvaan V? The system is newly bought to compliance at this time. All we have to do is say that compliance was done by one of the neutral (chaos) forces? Perhaps the Soaring Host?

Maybe. How much do we know about Isstvan though? Do we know where it is, and what the societies there were like pre-Massacre?

I'm at work till late and phoneposting, will read up about it on the 40k wiki when I have a break.

Cool. My primary concern is making assumptions about Isstvan that simply aren't true. Otherwise we could just say it's just a run of the mill Imperial world at the borderzone; make another important for a change.

AFAIK, the Istvaan system was populated mainly by humans, some of them didn't received well that of being brought to compliance, and the Imperium had some problems.

We have no idea where Isstvan is though. Some sources say Segmentum Ultima, others say Segmentum Obscurus. I think we should just make up a planet near the border between Ultima and Solar.

In the Horus Heresy map from FW it's in the Galactic North, slightly beyond the bounds of Ultima and Obscurus

Right, I see it. I dunno, that doesn't seem like the ideal position. Too far in Imperial space. Maybe somewhere closer to Chondax?

My current idea for the Imperial-Confederate border is somewhere near the Maelstrom

Sounds good.
It can have some official name like Alpatrion IV or something but the settlers there call it "New Hope" or someting corny like that the name being the reason Malcs picked it.

That works for me. The planet's gonna burn anyway.

Just a little idea I've had, feel free to completely disregard/cannibalise as you see fit.

>Ollanius Pius, The First Saint

Ollanius Pius was just one of the many guardsmen who gave their lives to safeguard the Emperor, end the threat of Marduk Engur and break the siege of Terra. It just so happens that Ollanius' contribution to this cause was rather more significant than those of many others.

The story is vague at best, but what is certain is that Ollanius was able to stop Marduk at the feet of the Emperor's throne and kept him there just long enough for his loyalist brothers to arrive and mortally wound him. Ollanius's intervention was brief and he died in the process of course, but his actions had essentially saved the Emperor's life. For this service he was granted sainthood, the first mortal in the Imperium to be granted such an honour. However, Ollanius' canonisation did not occur until many years after his death. More specifically it occurred very soon after the Reunion of the Imperium and the separatist Union.

It was a deeply political move, intended to distance the Imperium from their new neighbours on an ideological level. It showed that the Imperium was willing to offer its people concessions and honours the Union would never even begin to consider. Of course, this move did not simply deepen the relationship between the imperial government and its people, but also widened the divide between the Imperium and the Union, the deeply religious nature of the act, combined with the mortal nature of the recipient, being deeply offensive to Separatist sensibilities.

At any rate, Ollanius is one of the patron saints of the Imperial Guard. More specifically he is considered the patron saint if the guard's favourite pastime, holding the line. As such he is often invoked during defensive campaigns, though it is considered bad luck to do similar during offensive campaigns, as it may aid the enemy.

I like that. I hadn't thought of the Saints being kind of offensive to the Separatists.

Hashtag stolen

Green light!

>Marduk's recruiting spree
It's also worth asking if he tries to recruit anyone who doesn't end up on Team Chaos. Something like trying to develop an asset and it going poorly enough that he closes the operation, or even something like the White Scars.

>Malcador
Yeah, I'd assume Malcador would solve all the problems, which is why he dies before getting there.
He'd be all "Dudes, Chaos". But he'd also work out a compromise (which likely was his original plan). I'm thinking that the Terrans don't actually match Malcador's plans fully. I think Je'She's been a bit autocratic and by and large, they're more keen on hero-governors. Gyahdred, for one, wants rigorously trained civil servants. Other people make it into a human/non-human thing, but I can't really imagine the Iron Bear actually being anti-proletariat. Rather, the Politiburo is staffed by well trained bureaucrats rather than warrior-kings. It's honorless, but Je'She and Solomon just need to shut up and deal with it. For Gyahdred's rashness on this, see earlier threads.
Actually, I think he might become an important figure on both sides. Ollianus Pius died buying time for astartes and doing his duty. Seems like the thing that Iron Guard and the Soviets would go for.

>Gyatso Skaryas
Dusk Phantom Captian, active ca. M41. Recruited from a watch fortress world at the edge of Ultramar. Known for his unconventional and rash tactics, which never the less get results. On more than one occasion has been suggested for the Nosferatii, but on each occasion has managed to keep his brain intact.

Bump

Well, they are mortals appointed to a position of power via religion. Whilst, as Xun says , the seps may be okay with or even approve of certain saints, I'm not sure they'd be happy with "saint" as a position of power. A small part of me also thinks w3's Imperium might have more saints than the OU, if only so the masses can be consistently reminded of the opportunities available to them and how lucky they have it.

Not necessarily, you devalue the meaning of sainthood if you let every rando from the slums get into the ranks. Too many saints and the people might start to doubt. A proper propaganda campaign would make sure the true saints are always in view for the people.

These two.

(Possible) Idea for Emil's death:

Emil faced a test during his retreat from Terra, to join Chaos or refuse and accept his ship AI's help. Both those possible futures influenced him, and everything got all fucky when you blend (A Shitload of Culexii) + (The Gods) + (Abominable Intelligence) + (A Very Powerful Psyker) all into the same cubic kilometer of space and time. Timelines fractured and blended together.

Emil passed. And Emil failed. Like a particle-antiparticle pair, when Emil rejected the Gods they still took the psychic resonance/impression of now-matured Emil with them back into the Warp. Where they kept his four biological limbs, shorn off as an infant.

One Emil returned to his Legion. And one Emil began to take on new life within the Maelstrom, growing like a cancerous tumor within the Warp. Many years passed before the original Emil began to learn of his opposite waging slaughter across the cosmos, raising a Warp-infused Astartes army in blasphemous imitation of the Steel Souls.

Callously, Emil lets Anti-Emil rampage among Imperial forces for a while, but eventually the two must inevitably meet and in doing so _____ happens.

The loop closes, and it is shown that even such a sacrifice as tearing off your own arms and legs cannot fend off the inevitable dying of the light forever.

Possible plot threads:

The Emperor tips the scales at the last second to stymie Chaos just a little. Emil dies, but at the very end is relieved to know that he was wrong about the Emperor abandoning him.

If we go for maximum grimdark, the Steel Souls themselves are also wiped from existence during the final struggle.

They DON'T annihilate each other, but rather begin an endless back and forth campaign across the Galaxy, destroying all in their path to try and gain an edge over their foe, ignoring all else.

Their psychic struggle feels a little too much like the War In Heaven, and the Eldar/Necrons are drawn in somehow.

Thoughts?

My idea is to pretty much copy how the Catholic church, where there is a trinity (The-Emperor-In-The-Flesh, The Radiant Host, and Omnisiah/Father, Holy Spirit, and Son respectively) then his host of angels (Primarchs and high order Astartes/Humans) big deal saints (Hagios Majoris, human saints, but not a big enough deal to make a higher order) and minor saints (Hagios Minoris) saints of little things.

Feeds back into someone always having your back

So, we have two (2) Emils? Also, the first plot seems good

It's not that we now have two Emils and I am informing everyone of such, it's that this is an option I thought of recently that I wanted to get people's opinions on.

>Where they kept his four biological limbs, shorn off as an infant.

Holy kek

Emil's pod cracked open before making planetfall, while still in the Warp. Shit got complicated.

Opinions vary on what happened, Emil thinks he instinctively worked a protective sorcery by sacrificing his own flesh, the Gods are more of the opinion that he merely gave them an appetizer for the inevitable feast later.

For the uninitiated americandad.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Quad!

Lol, that's pretty funny.

Ok so I have an idea

...for once...

Je'She is the last Loyalist Primarch in the Imperium. His brothers have either died or disappeared. His final effort to keep the Imperium together is to order a ring of fortress worlds surrounding Imperium space. Charging various chapters from the Loyalist Legions to protect and hold them no matter the cost. To protect what they were ordered to so long ago.

Once the project had been completed, Je'She left, never to be seen again.

That seems good. I like the idea of having a range of patron human Saints, then a hierarchy of Space Marine Saints and so on, akin to this
I'm not too sure about this. It sounds too complicated for the sake of it. The duality of the Emperor and The Omnissiah in the OU sounds like the best thing for this AU to me. It keeps it simple and easy to understand and is just as effective. Patron Saints seem pretty cool though.

I like the first one. It's pretty cool.

I was thinking Kincaid would be the last to go out, gives him plenty of time to dick up the Imperium nice and proper, and plenty of time to figure out that he in fact ruined everything and that he needs to fuck off.

I disagree.

Besides, Kincaid's "reformation" of the Martian Cult and merging it into the Imperial Faith is one of the main catalysts of the Martian Schism.

Kincaid has turned into "Did Everything Wrong" the Primarch

Now it's all out in thread like this why not have Kincaid ruin everything, realise what he has done and take off leaving all the pieces for Je'She to pick up.
Je'She does his best to put it all back together meanwhile thinking "Boy howdy, maybe I should have gone the other way on psykers after all".

Perhaps.

Would have to talk to Watchman about it. Its a good suggestion, and makes Kincaid look like a scumbag, but I would prefer if his last decade or two in the big stage were those of clarity and penance. Bailing out on Je'She would work for hypocrite, arrogant, passionate Kincaid, but not for an older, wiser, Joshua Graham Kincaid

Is that how you wanted him to be? You certainly don't have to, but I do applaud you for taking a route not often traveled if so. The most difficult thing in the world is to write about how "your character" did something wrong.

Perhaps during those last two decades or so of 'wise-Kincaid', his condition worsens, leaving him bedridden under constant care of medicae personnel. Essentially leaving Je'She to take care of the Imperium. With Kincaid as a brother-advisor.

During this time, the previously conflicting personalities have been tempered by their experiences, leading them to become closer brothers than what they originally were.

Once Je'She oversees the final stages of the Codex Astartes and the fortress worlds have been built, he and Kincaid vanish. Never to be seen again

Until the end times

Like I said before, I like this a lot. Still interesting in doing the "I'm going to kill Aristide" thing?

I'd give Kincaid a moment of clarity; he realizes what he has wrought upon humanity, and decides that he needs to leave. Je'She being the last is my personal preference.

I think that if we're giving Kincaid a moment of maturity, then his love for humanity is going to keep him trying to do something for the species. Not sure what, though.

It happened entirely by accident. Originally I wanted him to be the Martyr, the Sanguinius of the lot. After seeing who Raj is and how he goes out, I saw we already had Sikh Sangy. Then I wanted him to be a grim, religious, introspective type, but after learning of Einchurt's disposition, I figured the Imperium was full up on dour characters.

So why not harken back to religious zealot Yochin Theritax? After seeing his character arcs, I realized that Kincaid would always be the younger, brasher, more energetic brother. He may outshine some of his brothers, or seemingly be the dominant one in some interactions, but he would be the little brother that you're either proud of or despise. After coming to that conclusion, I realized that, being the cocksure baby brother, he would make a lot of mistakes for the right reasons, and the right things for sometimes the wrong reasons. Kincaid may not be a dead martyr, but each milestone in his character progression serves as a martyr for the Kincaid of tomorrow to lament. The Primarch Kincaid misses being Kinnévail the Wandering King, Bard-Lord. The Burned Prophet pines for Primarch Kincaid. The Prime Ecclesiarch despises the weak will and faithless ennui of the Burned Prophet. Kinnévail before his departure from the grand scheme laments his mistakes of all his past.

I like these a lot, I've been thinking about having Kincaid be weakened and weary after his act of faith during the siege of Terra. This would be the perfect catalyst for his long introspection and perilous dance with grief wrought madness. Having Je'She be a figure of support, each beginning to see eye to eye with the other, works to keep him sane and on the road to recovery.

Once they finish their works to ensure the longevity of the Imperium, they can take a final bow together before going their separate ways. The Warmaster and the Preacher.

I really like it. He makes for a really good "anti-Lorgar".
I think he's a good character in his own right, but also offers an interesting contrast not just with Lorgar, but Xun and Alexios, as well.

>Emperor hypostases
So I'm imaginging that it starts off with Kincaid deciding on the Emperor's divinity, presumably based on his direct experience with the Big E.
Then he starts mucking around with the mechanicum, decides that there's something to their machine spirits and figures that the Emperor also == Omnissiah.
Depending on when this happens, I assume he might ask Gyahdred about it all and get some sort of answer that he'd probably ignore, in part because Gyahdred wouldn't give him the information he's looking for. If you give me Kincaid's question, I can give you Gyahdred's answer.

So who's the Radiant Host?
I'm curious to see where you're going with this. I'd been doing up a Chinese/Mesoamerican version of Imperial Worship for Xun in the last AU, so I've got some concepts sitting around waiting for a return to that setting. I think a year or so after 8th, it'll be a lot easier to iron out some of the things in there, since in a lot of ways it looks a lot like post-Gathering Storm 40k, but that's neither here nor there. What is important is that I'm totally down to reimagine how Emperor worship goes.

For comparison, Gyahdred's view on the Emperor and Omnissiah is this:
>All Beings have an Omnissiah Nature
>By shedding illusion and getting in touch with their Omnissiah Nature, one can become enlightened.
>Because of computational limitation, total comprehension of the Machine Spirit is impossible for most beings
>A being with great computational power is not inherently enlightened.
>The Emperor is enlightened and comprehends the Machine Spirit. He lives his omnissiah nature and thus is one with all things.
So the Emperor is basically a Buddha or Bodhisattva incarnated to lead the galaxy through a great transition. But he's not THE omnissiah. Everyone is the omnissiah. They just forget. And the Emperor's job is to make the changes according to the natural cycles. He's doing what he does, so respect him, but don't emulate him.

Sounds good. It'll be interesting to see how both Primarch's character arcs end up at the end.

For the Primarch of the IXth, Crusade-Era Je'She is optimistic, innately humanitarian and hopeful for the future of the imperium.
Post-Ullanor Je'She is more grim and taciturn, a consequence of being appointed a warmaster and trying to keep the Imperium stable while being at odds with Marduk and Aristide
Post-Siege of Terra, Je'She is a stern and bitter man. His brothers have betrayed him while those closest to him have either died or left. Those he is left with are mad or so reclusive they may as well not be there in Je'She's mind, His sole purpose is to protect Imperium Space and the common man. This alone drives him. His motivations not of conquest, but of survival.

Post Imperium Ring (fortress worlds), Je'She is somewhat more at peace with himself. He has done what he was ordered to do. The Imperium is stable and the common man has a chance to live. His job is done

>Stovokor Machine Doctrine

>Things are neither created nor destroyed, but rather transform from one state to another.
>All states are transitory
>In this way, there is no separation, there is only the oneness of Machine Spirit, the Flux.
>This oneness is at the core of all individual beings, the Omnissiah Nature by which we comprehend and deduce.
>All knowledge comes through this faculty and each of these realizations, inseparable from experience, are a form of enlightenment.
>The universe is guided by a chain of cause and effect, albeit a non-linear one (This is a group familiar with warp phenomenon and quantum physics, afterall.)
>Actions performed in previous states ripple and impact our future states. This is Karma.
>Understanding the workings of the cosmos let us understand ourselves and embrace our changing natures.
>Attachment to one-ness, even to change, is an illusion, afterall, perfect randomness is perfect order. (Just look at a normal distribution)
>Thus through the contemplation of things and non-things we can become enlightened.
>Contentless meditation 'zazen'
>Meditation on blueprints and equations 'sutras and mantras'
>Solving and meditating on technical and mathematical puzzles 'koans'
>Every being's position is unique, and thus their path to Enlightenment is unique
>Holding rigidly to forms is a form of illusion. For this reason, Sutra Template Constructs are seen as systems, not as perfected devices. A device is only real in its implementation. Some sutras actually are of impossible machines.
>Not all things are benevolent. Some things are too bound by illusion in this life for enlightenment. These are dangers to the Sangha. For example, Orkz. You just can't enlighten an ork. You send it on its way and hope it comes back as a human.
But that's why you don't worship chaos or the Emperor. The Emperor is fit for veneration and you honor him like you do a machine spirit, but he's not THE SPIRITUAL GUIDE FOR ALL HUMANITY.

Hmm, possibly. I'll talk about it with Frederick when he pops about.

Bump

I'm not meaning "hundreds more saints" or even "dozens more saints" it's just that there might be a few more, probably not even in double digits. I suppose the increase might not be in any way needed, seeing as the W3 Imperium's "saint to norm" ratio has probably been skewed in the saints favour, seeing as there's fewer people in the W3 Imperium than there are in the OU.

I'm thinking on how Linares' character develops.

During the GC, he is joyful, friendly and cheerful. He likes most of his brothers and loves them all.

The Brotherwar made him change, partly. He became more and more angry with time, and started to hate some of his brothers. Read: Kane. His perpetual joy starts to banish, as he sees how the two things that he loves the most are disintegrating: the Imperium, and his family, brothers and Father.

After the Warp Crusade, he loses most of his joy, rarely smiling nor laughing, he's less angry, but constantly searchs for ways to fix the total mess that's going on. He has lost some of his sanity, not much, but enough to be clear. It shows up from time to time, TTS Kaldor Draigo style except not really.

After that we have to reach an agreement about what happens.

The partial insanity could be latent, so when first met, it doesn't get Linares killed in sight, and when it shows at last, he has already won the trust of his comrades, so they don't kill him.

Damn, where is everyone?

So at the peace keeping treaty on the planet of "New Hope" (name is a filler until something better pops up). Je'she brings Raj Vokar and Solomon Tyrus.
I'm thinking Frederick Aristide brings Piter Karomonov and Zelbezis, but tells Valorn to wait just outside the system as a precaution.
Marduk Engur and Isekho are there as a "Neutral party". Elsu Eyanosa has done his job and slipped away but could be waiting around with his Legion in case called in.
Meanwhile on the planet "Grenthor" Lambach Kropor and Gyahdred have a bit of a disagreement ending in a large scale conflict.
Malcador dies, tensions esculate while the 2 factions try to piece together what happens for a few days then something breaks the fragile peace and the war between Legions breaks out. Valorn gets called in tipping the favor to the Seps while Marduk remains neutral.
Finally seeing his moment Marduk strikes, we could set up a three way duel between the Warmasters here if someone wants to write it?

I don't think I have any right, and I already have bit of a back log, but I simply haven't had time or motivation to finish what's on my plate, but I would love to write the threeway duel

I think it would be appropriate for each Warmaster do their own perception of the events that happened, including the duel.

It would also be appropriate to have a story-teller's take on what happened as well. Perhaps something Kincaid would have composed upon hearing what had happened

Well we'll never get anything from Fred, he has contributed literally 0 since we took him on. So Kincaid could do his point of view if he wants?

Poncy Napoleonic dragoon marines, no?

Weren't they on not but a few days ago?

So I've been thinking in the earliest stages of the Brotherwar, Je'She begins to form a protective ring around Imperial held space, requesting the various loyalist legions in fortifying important imperial-held systems while taking valuable sep-held space high in resources and other such things. Gateway systems and so on and so forth.

How does this idea sit with the group?

Maybe, if so I missed him, he certainly hasn't been in thread though. and his Document is almost empty, all I know is the basic outline of his legion from when he first joined.
>Space Marines are superior.
> They use Jetbikes to close distance but prefer to engage in mid range fire fights.
>Pretty good at tactics.

Oh that IS sparse

I like it, though I'm not sure on Grethor.
I think it depends on how overtly chaos the Chosen are by this point, since if Gyahdred sees the power of chaos and gets that they're opening a front, he's going to try to warn everyone.
However, if the Chosen are still low key about it, Gyahdred could end up thinking Lambach has been going a bit weird with the librarius, but not see anything too crazy. He thinks he's knocked the legion out of the war, and so is slower to react later?

I think that's an idea worth modifying, but not as good as a later Grethor.

Actually, we could have him meet with Einchurt.

By the time the Peacetalk happens, Lambach has already gone full Nurgle. He revealed it in his censure, fighting against Linares and Raj

Lambach does dedicate himself to Nurgle at his censure.
The original plan was for Lambach to convince Gyhadred to join forces. Using the Elver curse as a kind of bargaining chip. Kind of like Fulgrim and Ferrus.
Gyhadred knows that something is up but doesn't know what chaos is really. My idea was that he would learnexactly what Chaos is in this exchange with Lambach but by the time he'd get the chance to warn anyone Malcador is already dead and everyone is at war so cat is already out of the bag.
He does think he has eliminated the Chosen though.

Ok. That makes some sense, though this would mess with the Tijo idea, unless she's getting there just before the meeting, which totally works.
Perhaps his thing with Einchurt is an attempt to speak to a brother he thinks he can reason with? Einchurt flips out, thinking Gyahdred's gone mad or is sending him bullshit, so Gyahdred switches to his backup plan: end the civil war swiftly and fight chaos. So he does his wrecking of the DH and strikes behind Kincaid's lines, hoping that Aristede can talk to Je'She without the fanatic around.
Aristede doesn't really take Gyahdred seriously either, though. Zombies and shit? Samples that evaporate? Emperor, Gyahdred. It sounds like Lambach let his librarius go too far. Good thing you got him.
Gyahdred thinks Aristede has listened and is going to do something so he does odd and does his thing.

I've added the Tijo meeting Gyahdred to the timeline. A few years before Malcs is assassinated. She has no idea about Nurgle though or that Lambach has met up with Marduk. Just that Lambach has gone rogue, attacked the Blades and Marchers and is using some pretty bad sorcery. The Nurgle curse will be a nice surprise for Gyhadred.
Lambach would reveal Marduks plan but it would be too late for Gyhadred to stop it from happening.

Kinda bump

Ok so I've just thought up a bit of a problem for the post heresy CoH.
Most of you probably know how they work and for those that don't it is as follows:
All the CoH ships have been possesed by greater daemons of Nurgle. CoH are soul tied to the daemon who possesed the ship they were on board at the time and somehow when they die they awaken back on said daemon ship badly repaired by nurglings.
My conundrum is, how would I make the CoH replenish numbers if they lost a ship? Should I have it so that they constantly raid ships to take intact for daemons to reposses and restart the cycle?

That would work. Instead of destroying ships, they capture it. They even could use transport ships as "respawn points", as they are easy to obtain

That'd definitely work. I'd also imagine the ships have daemonic regeneration abilities, so unless you blow them to atoms, they'll rebuild themselves over time thanks to endless labor gangs of nurglings.
At Grethor, Gyahdred might take out most of the legion's capital ships, well placed killshots that would take out any normal fleet.
When he leaves the system, there's just floating hulks drifting in orbit. But that's just a minor inconvenience to the ships of the CoH....

Yeah I never really thought of them regenerating but that's a great idea. Thanks man.

CoH ships could act like the Flood, and they can infect other ships. For balancing purposes the source ship could wither away in favor of the new ship.

Does the size of the ship matter? Else it'd make the CoH a really scary threat to the Imperium if something as small as a two-man transport vessel can be a potential spawning point for CoH marines.

I'd assume so. Probably the number of nurgling chiurgeons is proportional to the size of the ship. One possible direction is a very Pirates of the Carribean feel PART OF THE SHIP PART OF THE CREW

We Leviathan Host now

Basically this, the only marines that can spawn on the ships are the ones that are tethered to it, so too say.
I also imagine it would probably take a long time so they can't just zerg rush.
Maybe I could just treat the ships like actual daemons? When they are destroyed they are more correctly banished? So it takes an incredibly long time for the ship to re-enter real space but then it brings back it's compliment of marines?
Though I do also like Kincaid's idea of them spreading or transfering, like an infection or something?

So it's like 4-5 guys, self inserting, and jacking each other off?

I don't think I like this.

Feels really forced.

More like 15-25, but hey, whatever floats your boat. It's also hardly self-inserting. I'd hope not anyway.

Could the ships fly back to the Eye of Terror as spectral ghost ships?

I keep meaning to respond to this shit but I keep nodding off after work. I'll hit you up and answer your questions (and steal the fuck out of this shit) after I get off today

But I'm enamored with your ideas, and really want to make a Dusk Phantom character

*but only like 5 regulars.

small disclaimer

>So it's like (poster-count), writing, and having some fun while working on being better writers?
>I don't think I like fun.
>I am really forced

Ftfy

>Wasting time in this

hey, don't get salty at me.

i just calls it how I see's it.

seems like 5 guys could do this in a discord or some other place.

>seems like 5 guys could do this in a discord or some other place.

No.

Why not both to certain extents. It's chaos and it's nurgle, so the more organic it is, the better. There could be different strains of virus.

To pick up from before and develop it, >Lambach meets with Gyahdred, gives him an intro to Chaos, tries to recruit him, using the Elver as leverage, etc etc
>He tells him enough of what Marduk's done to make it clear that he;s not crazy. Only tells him things that Gyahdred is too late to stop
>"Thank you, brother, for telling me these things, for you have made my choice an easy one. Now that I know I cannot stop Marduk's plans, I may focus on the matter here, namely removing the stain of your existence from this universe."
>Gyahdred had readied a few contingency plans, puts them into effect. They work quite well and he smashes the Chosen, who are taken off guard, they genuinely expected Gyahdred to join them and are taken aback. The Dusk Phantoms have no such compunctions and have prepared anti-Astartes contingencies since the Crusade.
>Gyahdred believes he has succeeded and defeated the Chosen. It's not an easy battle, but he's handled warp taint before.
>Rushes off to try to tell everyone about the threat Chaos poses.
>Aristede humors him. It sounds like a bunch of Stovokor nonsense to him. Gyahdred is a logical magos, but he's also got a mystical side that Aristede tolerates the way he tolerates all mechanicum superstitions. So yes, Marduk is a bastard, yes, he's let his librarians run wild, but Gyahdred is being overly dramatic in his own strange, macabre way. However, he humors him and Gyahdred figures that Aristede will take care of it.
>Gyahdred sets out to help Aristede get room to talk to Je'She, assuming that if Je'She can be convinced, then he'll reign in his other forces, but to do that, Gyahdred needs to halt Einchurt and divert Kincaid.
>Trusting Einchurt to be reasonable, Gyahdred tries to set up a talk. He has a backup plan. Things go poorly and the battle of Alcoa ensues.

More traffic, or content than you guys have put out all morning.

Don't be so insecure guys, you can keep writing your fan fiction here.

But you are not special snowflakes.

adhere to the rules.

Thanks for the honor of being allowed to stay on the board, Grand Arbitrator of Veeky Forums.

salty.